Is trading in stocks/coins really worth putting thought and time in...

Is trading in stocks/coins really worth putting thought and time in? It's mostly just a gamble and you may win big but long term you're most likely to just kinda break even.

It seems to me you're better off putting time and effort into coming up with a profitable business.

That's correct

Don't bother trAding. if you're going to invest buy $VOO and hold. Or just invest in your business instead

Coins are really no better than just taking your money to the blackjack tables

Attitudes like this is why 90% of this board is poor

The poorest people are the gamblers on this board though

Just because most people are shit at doing these things doesn't it's 100% down to luck.

I don't think you're better than PhDs and professional investors. But sure, I'm sure you're the one in a million smart one who makes right picks

You're a stupid piece of shit, shut the fuck up.

I didn't say anything about me being a professional investor, or even an investor at all. I'm just saying it's not as luck based as failures like you make t to out to be. Or else there wouldn't be people consistently making money from it.

>I'm just saying it's not as luck based as failures like you make t to out to be. Or else there wouldn't be people consistently making money from it.

Then why does all the data point to the contrary?

A very small percent of people are beating the market and making great money, yes. But there are people getting rich playing the lottery or becoming musicians or artists as well.

Playing on the odds of "Well this small handful of people narrowly beat the market so I guess it's all skill and ill do it too even though the vast majority fail" is objectively stupid

>A very small percent of people are beating the market and making great money, yes

All I care about.

Whine more about how you're too stupid to do it.

But I'm not whining I'm just telling you it's retarded

Have you been beating the market consistently? for how long?

looks like all you want is an echo chamber for people to confirm your thoughts. there is no actual discussion in this thread.

instead of looking for confirmation of your theories, look to disprove them. go to elitetrader. this board is full of index memers like you. elitetrader is the opposite.

your thread is shitty and it's getting hidden.

>argument out of incredulity
just because you are too stupid to beat the market, doesn't mean there aren't smart people out there capable of doing it consistently.
Personally, I have started trading crypto even if I am a complete poorfag, mostly for fun. I have lost a lot in the beginning, but after 2 months of trying I am already seeing steady small returns, to the point that I have a bit more money now than I had in the beginning.
I don't know how hard stock or forex trading is, but I can tell you that learning how to trade crypto isn't hard at all. You can literally bet all your money on a random coin, have some patience for a couple of months until someone pumps it, and get 2x ROI. I would definitely do that if I were a richfag, but being a poorfag I have to day-trade and work harder

Quite the opposite really

It's full of get rich quick by daytrading or memecoins losers like you who have $534.57 and want to get rich

Why would I go to a forum of traders to argue when the research has been long done?

>I have started trading crypto
>Even if i am a complete poorfag

That's redundant, it goes without saying.

The only people that can be said to have any mildly significant wealth on this board buy index funds, the rest are playing with $250 trying to get rich

>The only people that can be said to have any mildly significant wealth on this board buy index funds, the rest are playing with $250 trying to get rich
and your point is? There is nothing wrong in being a poorfag, even less if the poorfag is trying to do something with their life. Not everyone can be born a trustfund pampered baby.

Veeky Forums likes gambling on coins because everyone here's a poorfag who doesn't have the capital to launch a productive enterprise.

>looks like all you want is an echo chamber
>try going to my echo chamber, the dudes there are way smarter and richer than you are, with your data and evidence

Does this answer your question, OP?
OP?

Not really but its interesting to read the comments

I hear that.

Sigh.

>Is trading in stocks/coins really worth putting thought and time in?

No, active trading, unless it's your job and you're making commission on it, is fucking stupid.

>It's mostly just a gamble and you may win big but long term you're most likely to just kinda break even.

Confirmed for doing zero research. On average indexes bring in 10% per year growth, even factoring in losses. That beats inflation, which averages around 2%.

>It seems to me you're better off putting time and effort into coming up with a profitable business.

Yes and no. You run your businesses on credit, with your personal assets outside of what's tied up in the corporation protected by a properly set up LLC. You invest the profits passively or use them to buy more assets to set up credit for your businesses.

>Sigh.

Stopped reading there