Memes/myths in genetics, history and anthropology that need to die

Memes/myths in genetics, history and anthropology that need to die.

>Koreans and Japanese are descendants of Central Asian/Siberian "Altaic" speakers

1. First genetic relationships among "Altaic" languages have generally been disproved and discarded by major linguists

2. Genetic studies show Koreans and Japanese to be overwhelmingly more closely related to populations in China than to Central Asian or Siberian populations, generally Sinitic speakers as well as Hmong, Tai-Kadai and populations presumed to be proto-Austronesian.

This correlates well to the expansion of rice farming into the Korean peninsula and the Japanese archipelago. These rice farmers from coastal and central China might as well be the ancestors of most modern Korean and Japanese

Other urls found in this thread:

naccl.osu.edu/sites/naccl.osu.edu/files/NACCL-23_1_04.pdf
himalayanlanguages.org/files/driem/pdfs/2007TaipeiDiversitycomprimé.pdf
ntu.edu.sg/home/randylapolla/papers/LaPolla_2010_Language_Contact_and_Language_Change_in_the_History_of_the_Sinitic_Languages.pdf
depts.washington.edu/silkroad/texts/weilue/notes1_3.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>people who look the same and that are geographically closely connected have similar genes

WOW! Really makes you think..

yeah that's how easy it really is. but, most japanese and koreans will tell you otherwise to dissociate themselves from those living in "China"

>British Islanders are descended from Basques

Turks are Turkic

Hungarians are Ugric

Germans are Germanic

English are Anglo-Saxon

Report: East Asians are retarded nationalists

More News at 11

Blacks are equally intelligent to Whites or Asians.

There is an unbroken chain of descent among all modern Jews and Jews 2000 years ago.

Jomons wuz whites n native americans n shit.

>"indefinite group X" is equally "subjective quality" to "indefinite group Y"

Oh thank you for that great post user!

Same for all humans going back 50,000 years.

That's true though, almost all their Y-DNA is Near Eastern

WE WUZ AINUZ N SHIET

WE WUZ MONGOLZ N SHIET

WE WUZ MACHUZ N SHIET

WE WUZ ALTAICS N SHIET

WE WUZ SIBERIANS N SHIET

WE WUZ CAUCOSOIDS N SHIET

Japanese, Koreans, and Chinese are really fucking retarded WE WUZers desu.
Most intelligent people already know this. Look at their fucking ancient history studies. They are complete fabrications.

ahahaha
>intelligence is a """"subjective"""" quality

nearly every serious western scholar of chinese, japanese and korean history knows their written histories are mostly fabricated

Intelligence is a fundamentally subjective quality.

I mean, at least China is obvious that it is bullshit. Commies suck at lying.

Meanwhile Japan and Korea act like they fucking are Western and modern and reputable with their history, while putting together extremely believeable historical papers, which at second glance are nationalist bullshit.

I swear the desire by Japanese historians to not be related to Koreans is probably equal to the desire of Poles to not be part of Russia.

Explain how it isn't

Intelligence maybe isn't, but race sure ad hell is.
Remember when neither the Irish or Italians were accepted as white?

>Some giant fucking land mass the qing dynasty ruled over all has the same genetics

Eat my fat laowai cock subhuman

>WE WUZ AINUZ N SHIET
>WE WUZ MONGOLZ N SHIET
>WE WUZ MACHUZ N SHIET
>WE WUZ ALTAICS N SHIET
>WE WUZ SIBERIANS N SHIET
>WE WUZ CAUCOSOIDS N SHIET

Chinese people never say any of that shit

Poles thinking that they are an European people.

non Chinese claimed to be descended from Chinese no the other way around.

WE WUZ YELLOW EMPEROR N SHIET

Joman cultivators of cannabis, kush immigrants from africa. first civilisation in "china"

>Russians are not Mongoloids

What the fuck kind of garbage discussion is this? Why is there no actual content here?
sage

>t. retarded leftist

>Greece sub-European IQ
>built the greatest civilization in the history of Europe
>Botswana lowest average IQ in the world
>best country in Sub-Saharan Africa, better than most of North Africa and Asia as well
wew
e
w

>someone starts a thread on his
>little content, decent enough for me to check it out I guess
>first reply is a shitpost
>second reply is a dumb generelization
>only like five posts in
>WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIEEEET
>everyone chimps the fuck out

..and that's pretty much every single thread on here

hope all you faggots die choking on some delicious WE WUZ KANGZ nigger dicks

>built the greatest civilization in the history of Europe

Building a few columns don't make you the greastest civilization of Europe, the western civilization is FAR FAR FAR greater than the Hellenistic civilization, our civilization produced : Internet, modern physic, chemistry, electricity, spatial exploration, etc

>averages

If 90% of the humans are born with two eyes, we can tell the normal human is born with two eyes.

Same goes for the blacks if the 99% of them have an IQ of 70, we can describe them as retarded.

>he fell for the iq meme

>implying a high power distance is a sign of weakness or that greatness is determined by averages
dont forget to vote!!

this is one of the most retarded posts I've ever read

Is a normal human male or female?

Why does Veeky Forums hate nationalism? Is it just contrarianism so you're not associated with /pol/?

Female

>remember when the irish weren't accepted as "white"
Source?

Any English parliament debate during the 19th century

at least they were good at killing finns

Whatever you think about nationalism as an ideology, even if you consider it it a positive thing overall, it's impact on the study of history is almost always harmful. Hence the countless WEWUZisms that affect almost every nation and identity on the planet.

English is Germanic too.

yes, altaic is a meme. in order to make a claim of language relationship, you need to come out with some regular sound correspondences in the languages you claim to be related. for example, the germanic languages all have grimm's law. there are no such correspondences with claims for the existence of altaic.

Same as western slavs inventing or adopting ideas like the wends or central europe tho put them far from Russia.

English is a mix of celtic germanic and romance

What if an altaic nobility governed a sinitic people and eventually got "sinicized", cultures mixing and changin in the process?

So called "Altaic" speakers all have East Eurasian farmer ancestry.

"Altaics" absorbed the mixed Sinitic? farmer/indigenous hunter gatherer population of the northeast(Inner Mongolia,Northern Hebei,Liaoxi).

Late Shang mtDNA clusters with these pastoralist/agricultural northeastern cultures.

see the OP's pic

Western scholar here. Fuck you, the Twenty-Four Histories are reliable sources with archaeological support.

Go read the actual paper. The authors never claimed the original N were Sinitics. If anything O and C are intrusive to the region.

There's no reason to suggest Q is representative of Altaics when C fits the spread of steppe culture.

>Both the ancient genetic and archaeological data suggest that immigrants from the Yellow River valley, of type O3a, may have migrated into the West Liao River valley and influenced changes to the existing culture, but genetic drift cannot be ruled out as the cause for the observed frequencies.

>All ancient samples of the Jinggouzi site were assigned to C3e, suggesting northern nomads might have entered the West Liao River valley from the northwest.

>The authors never claimed the original N were Sinitics. If anything O and C are intrusive to the region.

>There's no reason to suggest Q is representative of Altaics when C fits the spread of steppe culture.

wat. I never said any of that

OP here, I was referring to more about how Korea and Japan was influenced by cultures in central and southern China, which probably formed the basis of the early Yellow River civilization.

The cultures of Korea, Japan and the Yellow river originally stem from the rice farming cultures of central and southern China. And their linguistic and cultural identities (Tibeto-Burman for China and Fuyu/Koreanic/Japonic) were shaped later

The cultures and languages of Korea, Japan and the Yellow River (Northern China) started off as similar to Hmongs, the Tai-Kradai, and Proto-Austronesians. Before they shifted languages and adopted new cultures

>What if an altaic nobility governed a sinitic people and eventually got "sinicized", cultures mixing and changin in the process?
So where does this notion come from?

TIL the origin of the Finns was in Manchuria

One of my Japanese friends tells me a story as though it's taught in school of people migrating to Japan from somewhere around what is now Kazakhstan around 10-11,000 years ago, or something along those lines. She even spoke of a region of people that live over there today that look eerily similar to the Japanese. If there's a desire to avoid being associated with the Chinese, it's probably deep enough to run into their education system.

They weren't exactly Sinitic. We don't really know when Sinitic came to Northern China from the west if it was during Shang or the Zhou. Read some Benedict, Pulleyblank, de Lancey or Van Driem.

The speakers living before the Sinitic Chinese in coastal East Asia were something different.

DeLancey:
naccl.osu.edu/sites/naccl.osu.edu/files/NACCL-23_1_04.pdf

George van Driem:
himalayanlanguages.org/files/driem/pdfs/2007TaipeiDiversitycomprimé.pdf

Language Contact and Language Change in the History of the Sinitic Languages:

ntu.edu.sg/home/randylapolla/papers/LaPolla_2010_Language_Contact_and_Language_Change_in_the_History_of_the_Sinitic_Languages.pdf

Di-Tribes in China
depts.washington.edu/silkroad/texts/weilue/notes1_3.html

>The cultures of Korea, Japan and the Yellow river originally stem from the rice farming cultures of central and southern China.
I don't find a point in defining neolithic cultures with modern day polities.

Physical anthropology clearly shows that Yangshao and Dawenkou fail to cluster with any modern day ethnicities.

Physical Anthropology also shows the influence from the periphary(ancient northern/northwestern "Chinese") in the late neolithic/early bronze age that led to the formation of Northern Han.

The question would be the intermediary cultures of Longshan,Erlitou and Erligang(Which I haven't read yet).

>And their linguistic and cultural identities (Tibeto-Burman for China and Fuyu/Koreanic/Japonic) were shaped later
No one knows what was spoken prior to the Shang. From what I read Old Chinese may have a non Sinitic agricultural substratum(Austro Asiatic?)

Even historical sources fail to mention what non Zhou/Shang polities spoke.

>The cultures and languages of Korea, Japan and the Yellow River (Northern China) started off as similar to Hmongs, the Tai-Kradai, and Proto-Austronesians. Before they shifted languages and adopted new cultures
I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest early neolithic(Yangshao,Dawenkou,) northern China was genetically/culturally similar to Hmong Mien,Austro Asiatic or Kra Dai.

I'm not aware of any genetic data from that period.

>TIL the origin of the Finns was in Manchuria
Haplogroup N isn't exclusive to Uralics. mtDNA and physical anthropology contradicts this claim.

>They weren't exactly Sinitic. We don't really know when Sinitic came to Northern China from the west if it was during Shang or the Zhou. Read some Benedict, Pulleyblank, de Lancey or Van Driem.
As far as I can tell the oracle bone script is Sinitic. I don't think archaeologists will ever find out what the neolithic northern Chinese spoke.

There's no reason to associate Altaic,Sinitic,Koreanic or Japonic with the indigenous N hunter gatherers in the northeast.

>The speakers living before the Sinitic Chinese in coastal East Asia were something different.
imo it's pointless to speculate the linguistic affinities of early/late neolithic eastern/southern Chinese when there's hardly any data on historical polities(Huai Yi,Gou Wu,Yu/Gan Yue etc.)

I'm sure this will be revised once there's autosomal dna.

>once there's autosomal dna
>not reading latest genetic studies

I bet there are at least 10 studies about SNP data and 100s of more personal reports through GEDmatch

you just have to find the articles and have access to them or pay for the subscription

desu, no one really cares about southern chinese and southeast asians. everyone thinks we are all the same shitskinned cat meatball eaters who speak the same tonal languages they think sound disgusting

It hasn't always worked out.

nationalism is outdated

europeans and whites have to unite against a common muslim enemy now than individual countries cucking each other

My aversion to it usually just stems from my concern that the nationalist posting is actually a /pol/ack. As an ideology, I don't have much of a problem with it. It's just been ruined for Veeky Forums by /pol/.

some are

>Belarus labelled as 'Russia'
>that chunk of eastern Czechia given to Slovakia

Slavs are pure Indo-Europeans btw

We had chariots and shit

BELARUSE

why?

OP's pictures obviously shows that to not be true.

Evidence still shows that Northeast Asians all have extremely similar DNA.

I agree but they do say other shit.

Ever since the age of nationalism, it's the opposite.

The first post (mine) is accurate though and the thread should have died there.

hindu nuffin here.
was we aryans? why does ethno-genesis need demented fan fiction?

I'm a French half white half viet muslim , who should I unite with?

egalite, fraternite, liberte
or something

Thank you my friend.

I'm just getting tired of Muslim bashing everywhere desu.

OR

the origin of Manchus was in Finland.

So do the Japanese still maintain they are in their own linguistic family or do they have some other bit of fiction cooked up now?

>So do the Japanese still maintain they are in their own linguistic family
But they are, any linguist will tell you that. Language =! Ethnicity

That definitely a lie. Japanese schools don't teach shit like that. Maybe she just had a dumb teacher

chinese people cannot speak japanese any better than koreans can speak chinese

OK OP this one is pretty specific.

The idea that all genetic y haplogroup R1b derived people in Scandinavia (particularly Norway) are descendant from viking slaves brought over from the British isles. R1b is only common in the isles because of the founder effect, that doesn't mean all R1b originated there.
It just seems to be too high in Scandinavia to have entirely come from slaves and the occasional migrants. I believe R1b was present before widespread migration and the modern era.

>I bet there are at least 10 studies about SNP data and 100s of more personal reports through GEDmatch
wew lad neolithic eastern/southern Chinese =/= modern day eastern/southern Chinese.

China is far behind sequencing ancient dna.

>desu, no one really cares about southern chinese and southeast asians. everyone thinks we are all the same shitskinned cat meatball eaters who speak the same tonal languages they think sound disgusting
Jing Chu,Gou Wu or Yu/Gan Yue have very little to do with modern day southern Chinese(sans Wu speakers)/south east asians.

I've heard this before. Can you link me to an article or video that further explains the phenomenon of history fabrication by the Chinese?

>/pol/ack doesn't realize the person is responding to OP and is on his side
I imagine your IQ is in the purple

Slavs became a present threat to the East Romans around the 530's and were already in migration mode entering Greece in the mid 6th century.

The only alternative, Altaic is an even bigger meme.

Abandon this retarded religion m8

That's right.

Between Ainu, Japanese and Korean is closer than so-called Altaic languages and Japanese and Korean.
Eastern Japan in the neolithc (Jomon) era had high population density for hunter-gatherers.
Thus they developed common vocabularies to a certain extent.