Is a dog a solid financial investment? How much will it cost per month?

Is a dog a solid financial investment? How much will it cost per month?

Other urls found in this thread:

missionwolf.org/page/wolf-dog-difference/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wtf? Are you really asking this shite question? You get a dog cause you want one, not because it's a fucking investment. If you want to invest go invest in FOREX or some shit, not dogs.

It depends if it's going to be a guard dog it's a great investment. Just make sure it's a Rottweiler or a German Shepherd. Make sure not to baby it too much so it can be aggressive.

I've got a buddy that has this fantasy he's going to raise a dog and sell stud fees. So far he's got several thousand dollars into this project and hasn't sold one load.

The only way you can even come close to recouping the cost of a dog is if you get a dog in lieu of some kind of monitored security system.

>Suzy Orman:
When will the dog produce milk?
Will you fuck the dog instead of dating?
Do you have any other dogs?
How much meat will the dog produce when it's ready for harvest?

German Shepherd owner reporting in. Love this little fucker. Worth every dime and keeps niggers and Jews away. People literally cross the street to avoid him when we're on walks and he's still a puppy.

Pic related, he's seven months.

I own a wolfdog. At first I thought he would just be a fun companion. But he actually acquired a master degree and now he's an investment banker. I think it has been a great investment. He's the alpha in the house so he works while I do the cooking, cleaning and shopping.

It really depends on where you live, here in western europe people just want to cuddle even german shepherds, but in hungary or someshit they're all afraid of even small puppers.

A dog is not an investment, it's a liability.

In the southern U.S. a dog is like negro repellent. Got this sweet "lab mix" for $45.

fuck me for thinking this was going to be about DOG (short dow)

This. Don't get me wrong as I have a dog. Animals are fucking money pits. They're no better than children in that regard.

The pussy/cost ratio I'd suspect is much higher on a dog than a car or buying women drinks. It can also facilitate networking if you walk it in an urban area with other Veeky Forumsnessmen. I'd rate it a buy.

I love bully breeds, but they have lots of health issues.

You know what vets call 4 bulldogs?
>A practice.

>hasn't sold one load
>load

gross

Get a dog for companionship and a fuckbuddy for sex. Those two are way cheaper than what a girlfriend costs. Plus, having a dog will help you meet women to be your fuckbuddy.

Friend got two puppies on a whim at the pet store with his fiance.

Now this is right when he needed to prepare for his masters dissertation and get moved 500 miles back home and pretty much get their life figured out.

His GF/Fiancee whatever jews him into going back home with her 500 miles away because she got all nervous/weird about taking home the two puppies by herself. Literally an incapable human being but whatever... He missed multiple deadlines with his masters degree because of this cucking.

A day after they get home one of the puppies has parvo virus..... They bought them from the pet store with warranty (guarantee or whatever) but they are so far away they can not abide buy the terms of the guarantee (that the dog must go to a local approved vet around the store). Turns out the store sold them a "rescue", fucking stupid on the stores part since they had no idea of that dogs background.

They got $700 back from the store( purchase price + $600, nice owners) but all told they are about $2000 in the red on these puppies since the vet bills were really high.

Moral is, DO NOT GET INVOLVED with situations like this unless you are financially stable and can deal with a situation like this. Pet insurance is also good, my work provides it for free.

A dog is a great thing, but can also be a huge liability and burden. He put every bit of that debt on one of his credit cards. His new amex is now at $2500 out of $5000 limit and hes not even employed.

>supporting puppy mills
>not buying from a reputable breeder

>People literally cross the street to avoid him when we're on walks and he's still a puppy.
wat?

>not just using the dog for both

UKfag here
>mfw gf's sister buys a dog on a whim, Christmas 2013
>mother is shit at finances
>Mother pays for fucking everything to do with this klepto bitch, to the point where it's favoritism
>Sister takes out most expensive pet insurance, £50/month, mother pays for it clearly not thinking about the long term

So basically this fucking dog is costing £600/year just to be insured. A fucking DOG. They don't need to be insured. They can handle a few scratches here and there. Jesus Christ, what pisses me off even more is that the family income doesn't exceed even £50k/year, yet they're blowing this much on a dog which is alone most of the time since the father is at work 24/7, the mother is abroad, and the daughter just graduated.

Her mother also keeps her afloat. Makes my blood boil how parents can bring up kids like this. The dog will cost £7000+ over its lifetime, not to mention other stupid shit like cleaning, dog food, etc. All in all, the dog will cost £15k+ easily.

looks like lab and pit mix to me

>50k/year
>being mad about 600/year

It would shock me if there was any lab in her at all. She was rescued from a shelter in a county that has a pit bull ban. Shelter workers in those counties will call them anything but pit bulls.

Aside from a mortgage, vehicle costs, credit card debt, income tax, paying for both daughers' accommodation + basic living costs, and capped remittances in the mother's country of work, it's pretty fucking irresponsible to get a family dog on a whim.

The point is that it's a dog, not a human. It doesn't need fucking insurance. If it dies or is maimed, well, shit happens. Just don't be an irresponsible owner.

Hahaha, investment.

Regardless of how stupid you are, dogs are great, just make sure it has plenty of room to run about. Don't buy a dog and keep it trapped inside a shitty city apartment.

Unless you find a franchise of chines restaurants as buyer, a dog is not an investment.

that's probably for the better labs are more likely to bite you than pits

Yeah chop up your dog for meat and fur when you get hungry

Yeah.
Children have a longer lifespan though, so I figure they're a better long term play.

my gf has 2 dogs. if ever the opportunity arose where I could kill a dog and walk away no questions asked I would happily slaughter the thing. this isn't to be edgy. I don't want to kill animals but my absolute hatred of the concept of a dog has spilled over into the physical manifestation of a dog.

if you have a life and things to do your daily routine will be fucked up because you have to return home every few hours to walk these fucking things. they will throw up and piss and shit on things. their food is expensive and they will get sick or suffer something and will require expensive treatment. the worst part is some people think I am crazy for hating these things so much

Inshallah

>they will throw up and piss and shit on things. their food is expensive and they will get sick or suffer something and will require expensive treatment. the worst part is some people think I am crazy for hating these things so much

they are children basically, do you hate kids too?

and not just figuratively btw
missionwolf.org/page/wolf-dog-difference/
>Dogs only develop to the mental stage of a 10 to 30 day old wolf puppy.

>some people think I am crazy for hating these things so much
Count yourself lucky you don't live in Cali.
Even mentioning such things marks you as a "dog hater".
As if not wanting that sort of responsibility makes you a bad person.

Depends man I have a huge house that needs protecting since I have a 5 car collection. I've had people try to break in. I set up a surveillance system and bought two German Shepherds. Personally I hate small dogs they really serve no good purpose in providing fear in criminals. My ex-gf had two small poodle-ish dogs. Those things were so fucking annoying, my dogs on the other hand protect me and my home. I trained them to shit in a sand box and be aggressive around strangers. Best fucking decision I've ever made.

i don't get these statements
>pepul rso afreid of muh german shepherds
they are really on the harmless end of dog scale.
i have met dogs that barked so loud and deep that it rattled my bones. now that's something.
but meh, dogs are fucking annoying but won't stop any perp serious about breaking in.

recently many break ins where had around here where they simply shot the dog or stomped it to death if it was smaller. dogs don't protect you you protect them.

Most won't even bother to break into a house with any kind of barking dog.

I have a lab/pit mix.

>nigs and spics scared of it
>white folk pet it
>easy to train

Good investment if you ask me OP

>Dogs only develop to the mental stage of a 10 to 30 day old wolf puppy.
If you actually believed that, you're fucking stupid.

>my gf has 2 dogs. if ever the opportunity arose where I could kill a dog and walk away no questions asked I would happily slaughter the thing

Basically saying gf's dog fucks her better than user can

those eyes

like i said they will just kill it if they want in. a gun with a silencer (even makeshift one) poison or beat it to death.

dogs only keep jehovas witnesses away tops

>can't teach a dog not to shit in the house

how pathetic are you?

A dog is an investment only if you are planning on making money of it

I love in rural VA my friend raises rabbit and coon dogs and takes them to trials to legitimize them, last time he had a litter from his best they all sold for 1200 a piece, litter of 5, of course he learned the shit from his grandad, not something you can just pick up, especially if you don't even know the ins and outs of hunting with these animals to tell if they're worth a fuck

I feel this way too, except I don't actually have a dog, I'm just sharing a house with a dog-owner
>also no gf

So you're breaking into a house, prior to you breaking in two German Shepherds are barking like motherfuckers since the moment you touch the lawn, when you break in assuming the whole street is not already awake or that you didn't quit in your folly plan you have a combined mass of 100 kilos of sharp teeth barreling towards you. Now you're in CQC, by the grace of god you manage to shoot one, the other one has already pinned you to the floor and is chewing on your face while the patrol car just parked outside.

uhm hate to break it to you but usually gangs do this.
2 little pup won't stop 2-3 grown and armed man (plus the lookout) from anything. as for the barking yeah after a while nobody notices and the break in lasts about 10 seconds if you have no alarms.

like i said the dogs need protection they are not protection. this shit doesn't make any sense to me.

sure two dogs are problematic to handle for anyone if you don't want to hurt them. but this very usual scenario they are just collateral victims.

Real life isn't the movies. Thugs looking to smash and grab your TV don't silence their weapons. Not that it would matter because silenced weapons are still loud as fuck. It's also hard as fuck to beat a dog to death, especially a large aggressive dog, and it's even harder if there's two.

This is also assuming I don't wake up mid way through your caper and decide to mag dump my GLAWK into you. "I was scared for my life officer and I just kept shooting until the threat was gone!" I might even be able to get away with a reload if you're super squirrely or on PCP. People who keep "aggressive" breeds literally fantasize about this situation. It's just a bad move.

Now it's a whole gang. Amazing how having a couple of dogs can scare off anything shy of a 4 man crew. Pro tip: If enough people are determined enough to get your shit they're going to get it. Nobody is keeping dogs to fend off an army because it's not a reasonable threat.

I've watched enough CCTV footage to know how it goes though. The lead man gets blasted and the other 3 run away like a bunch of cowards.

it depends if you are going to sell puppies it can be a good investment.
you can deduct taxes from it too, but is difficult because you have to depreciate it and make some paperwork.

>Amazing how having a couple of dogs can scare off anything shy of a 4 man crew.
no it cant you moron but a 4 man crew won't bat an eyebrow at them. is all my point. and it's pretty usual around here that burglars never go alone. if someone catches them in the act they need the numbers to get away. they also need it to finish quickly and keep an eye out and stuff.

>Not that it would matter because silenced weapons are still loud as fuck.
guess what nobody noticed anything when my gf co-worker had his dog shot and their flat ransacked. wake up you moron before you get your dogs killed.

>Real life isn't the movies.
yet you try to make it out to be one
>This is also assuming I don't wake up mid way through your caper and decide to mag dump my GLAWK into you.
me? the fuck are you smoking? you nigger!
also you won't be home these guys stake out homes and shit they come when you go to work or go on a holiday.
>on PCP
the fuck are you talking about? seriously? what is wrong with you?
>People who keep "aggressive" breeds literally fantasize about this situation.
really?

just... take your pills and chill user!

I knew an old man who still cried about his dog 20 years after it dead. Some people throw their kin in the well, it's a tough call.

Great so now it requires a steak out. You must have some very determined third world savages running rampant by you.

You're the guy who is afraid of being burgled by super villains.

Give them a slice of bacon coated in xylitol flavoring

Good night pupper

You will get no return on your investment unless you happen to be a shepherd

Also you pretty much know you will have to deal with more vet bills than you expect

you really don't have the first clue how burglars work do you? yes they observe your patterns try to find homes that are empty, maybe they don't do this themselves but pay some kid to do it. the point is you can shove your gun up your ass it won't help.
>being burgled by super villains.
no they are the most common kind. in fact the ones that break in alone when you are at home are the rare items.

in fact the second most common kind of burglars simple disguise themselves as movers. an entire crew. they park before your house with a big ass truck and they all wear these uniforms and shit and they calmly take everything you have put it on the truck being all polite and shit if they run into your neighbors and they do it at broad daylight.

but first they will of course put your dogs down.

Yeah you're right I hear about multiple dogs getting killed during break ins all the time. I especially love the ones where multiple large dogs are dispatched by silenced guns or simply beaten to death by the intruders intense martial prowess.

The Boxer is the superior breed.
>ours ate a bee once for fun

This.

>get a truffle finding dog
>he finds you truffles worth $1000/lb

>intense martial prowess
you think you need that for a fucking dog? i like dogs but i could kill one in 1-2 seconds. mo kung-fu needed them little beasts are too dumb to fight humans. best they can do is stay away and make noise. hence the burglars bring a gun. easy and quick.

>crating a shepherd

enjoy your broken dog

Kek

>be me, well educated and non nigger black
>walking down the street
>see a mans German shepherd
>see no threat from dog
>man walking dog begins eyeing me down from down the street
>he pulls his dog's leash tighter
>I cross the street to avoid that situation
Dodged that bullet. SOme people just give such a bad vibe and can be read.