/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #357

"Having everything but missing her" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls :
strawpoll.me/10068343
strawpoll.me/10072100
strawpoll.me/10079131
strawpoll.me/10079598
strawpoll.me/10107783
strawpoll.me/10118444
strawpoll.me/10162336
strawpoll.me/10170610
strawpoll.me/10209355

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fiwtDoxHT2Y
cnc.fr/web/fr/18-septembre-2015
cnc.fr/web/fr/21-mars-2013
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-09-life-is-strange
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
aarieru.tumblr.com/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860
kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html
mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wowser! You should be a gamedev!

Last thread took 3 days to complete. And even then it was through image limit. Have we returned to pre-Episode 4 speeds?

>Wow Max! All that food looks hella delicious! Mom really outdid herself this time. I think I'll start with a waffl-
Actually, Chloe. I ordered something just for you...
>Really? Thanks, Max. I'm sure it will be good.
*Pic related*
>REALLY, Caulfield?
Just kidding, Chloe. I'd never do that! I should have taken a picture of your face though. It was priceless. Here, help yourself to whatever you want!
>I want you.
*Max spits her coffee*
>We're even. Now let's dig in!

youtube.com/watch?v=fiwtDoxHT2Y

I'd play it. The Chloe in my game would be alive and well.

Now, that's a girl worth fighting for!

Perhaps. As was said last thread, E3 is a month away so we may hear news that we can start talking about. Otherwise I suppose it's nice at this speed, only issue is when Veeky Forums speeds up sometimes and the thread goes to page 10 quickly.
I think we'll be fine. Maybe we could start another group fic or update the one in the OP.

>Trailer at E3
>Shows a journal and Polaroid camera
>"Holy shit Max is back!"
>Camera zooms in on some literal who
>mfw

Is this the same community manager that said Pricefield isn't canon and baited the christfags against the queers on facebook?

You're gonna have to accept that this is the way that it's gonna be. All indications from the devs point to an entirely new cast.
Is there actually news somewhere that says DONTNOD is doing an E3 reveal?

It might be, but they've always been hesitant to call something canon since they want it to be up to the player.

Nothing explicit, but I remember seeing a few people saying the LiS team was working on a new project that they would be able to give a word on at some point. And it wasn't Vampyr so either it's S2 or they've gone full-retard and committed to yet another new game.

It would be pretty damn foolish to not follow up your only game that's had a breakout success. I do fear that DONTNOD wants to remain as independent as possible because they are hipster frenchmen and so they don't want to feel tied to a company like Square Enix for their success. They might not be keen on creating sequels at all- but it would piss me off that they named it "Season 1" in the game's client.

They can still be very independent with it. It's only been one season so there's a lot to build a precedent on. Once they do a second season is when they may have established trends on what the series is. SE seemed to leave them alone and was the only publisher that let Max be a girl, and S1 brought in a lot of money, awards, etc. so the success may have earned DONTNOD more freedom when designing the sequel.

I believe, Square Enix owns the IP so they could hypothetically make a new season with any developer. Although I'm sure they have a great reputation with Dontnod and don't want to rock the boat.

Some one found that DONTNOD had received assistance for an arts/media project recently for a project that is codenamed "Breathless". I think it was to the tune of 30,000 euros. Am I wrong to assume that SE would help fund a season 2 of Life Is Strange? I would think they wouldn't need this support.

Imagine if gangster K8 from the hood became the new protagonist of lis2?

30k is absolutely fuck all, it's hard to imagine what that's for - certainly not a full game, maybe something small and experimental

It's going to be all about Chloe. because she leaves me breathless

Calm down Max.

>hotdawgman mobile game

Short film about Rachel?

Aw, user. She does have that effect on people.

I'm sorry, I remembered incorrectly. It was actually 200,000 Euros. cnc.fr/web/fr/18-septembre-2015

Search for Breathless. They got the company name wrong I think.

I'd still buy it. I'm such a shit eater

To add more to this, 200k Euro is the exact amount of assistance they recieved before for "What if?" - which was their codename for Life is Strange season 1 at the time.

cnc.fr/web/fr/21-mars-2013

Wasn't "What If?" more than just a codename? They originally actually wanted to use that name, but realized it was already taken or something.

Anyway, 200k is a lot more. I could see that covering the (raw) production cost of a pilot episode. You'd think the success would get them 5 times that now though. We'll see. We all know there's going to be more, and while we most likely won't get our beloved cast, there's still reason to be excited. I for one never knew a game could be as impactful as LiS before it came around, so I'm not gonna sit here and say season 2 can't be something special either.

So Life is Strange was called "What If?" and plaything the first few minutes betrays exactly what the endings will be.
So let's try that here. With something named "Breathless". My prediction wake up in an unfamiliar spot with few memories, you see events throughout the game that don't add up, but what you're really seeing is events from before you died. At the end of the game you have to decide to die as you were intended or survive and allow something horrible to happen as a result. Maybe your own life vs a loved one's.

That sounds like shit.

Are you Michel?

Max's but is not that big!

It's Victoria's imagination.

Yea, you're right. Afaik "What if?" Was the original title. I had more or less counted out story-based games until I finished Life is Strange. I owe it to the game for my change in perspective.

I have some faith in the devs (I know, not a popular opinion around here). While, LiS1 could've been a lucky fluke, the more recent interviews let me know the Devs are coming to an understanding why the game resonated with people (Mainly the characters).

An interesting take. My hope, either way, is that they don't try to 'ride the fence' between science-fiction and paranormal fiction. Pick one and don't try to flip flop between the two in a later episode.

MK: When we look at the community, what we think resonates with people is the game's characters and their relationships. It's about having themes and characters who feel familiar in some way, and making them feel like people that players can empathise with.

from eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-09-life-is-strange

last double post I swear

I have faith if there's a second season, but I will be weary and won't write something off as being too predictable or stupid. If they were honest and logical about the storm (Not showing a vision of it until Max had already changed time) then I would have believed it. I still wouldn't have sacrificed Chloe, but I would be able to say I understand why there's a storm.
As the game is, I see no reason to believe that Max or her power is related to the storm.
If the writers learned lessons by writing season 1 than season 2 has no reason to be bad or a disappointment.

Who do Max and Victoria main in Smash Bros?

>If they were honest and logical about the storm (Not showing a vision of it until Max had already changed time) then I would have believed it.

The mental gymnastics I had to go through to figure out the logic of the storm was insane. The fact of the matter is, there is no 100% logical explanation of the storm, so woe to those who try to figure it out.

I can only assume the storm was 'destiny' and so was saving chloe in the bathroom. How else would we see forward in a vision of a storm that doesn't exist yet >.< . Also, we're supposed to believe Warren has everything figured out about an unprecedented 'scientific' phenomenon after explaining things to him for 2 min. in a diner? BS. I wasn't even convinced sacrificing my lesbian life partner would do anything to stop the storm.

But again, the strength of LiS is in it's characters and character development. The story is confused and lazy, but if they can establish characters like season 1, they can succeed again.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Victoria is a tryhard who exclusively plays top picks like Sheik, Rosalina,Zero suit samus.
Max plays anything that she finds cute including Pikachu because Go Otters!

>Victoria is a tryhard

You summed up my feelings pretty well with that post. Not once during the game did I think Max was responsible for the storm and that Chloe's death would solve anything. And even if I did I still would choose to save Chloe because it's what I wanted, what Max wanted, and why Max got her power in the first place.

Max mains Max

>Victoria not wanting to be the very best
In which timeline did you play Life is Strange? I disagree with your point.

>ywn have a quiet evening drinking with Victoria and having her confide all her insecurities to you

;_;

Good. Max is sick of all my talking.

Max being Tracer is absolutely perfect.

Tell me Tracer is not Max & Chloe's daughter.
Extremely cute, freckles, wants to be badass, can manipulate time.

Nice edits.

What's the deal with Overwatch?

Here, have a colored version

That is beautiful.

>Max uses a photo rewind again to save William, make Chloe not get crippled and stay in contact with them
>"Chaos Theory" causes Kate to be in a traumatic car crash with her dad
>He dies and her mom resents her for it
>During the five year autopilot gap Max and Chloe befriend a troubled Kate
>Chloe dates her for a while and brings out her inner punk
>Then cucks her for Rachel
>Autopilot Max doesn't really care
>Kate cuts all ties with Max and Chloe and becomes a bitter troublemaking punk
>Fast forward to 2013 where Kate is the main protagonist
>She begins having visions of alternate timelines where she died
>Learns Max is responsible
>Goes insane

Night /lesg/

Don't brush your teeth!

I'd laugh so hard if, after season 1's ending being predictable after the demo, this new game's ending was predictable based on the code name alone. That'd almost make the whole train wreck worth it.

No one cares about double posting

Posting Pricefield to balance thing out

>weary
Wary

and Marshfield

and Maximum Victory!

Any idea who the creator of these is? No signitures..

aarieru.tumblr.com/

Daily reminder max is CLUMSY!

She is, but we would never notice it. She rewound whenever something clumsy happened. Except when Trevor busted his balls.

Daily reminder max loves legos

She's clumsy with my feelings too!

Wait, there's people who don't?

Nothing like how Max loves them.

Don't forget Alice the train conducting brontosaurus.

This general has suddenly gotten too intense for me

That most recent chapter of Legend Has It. Holy shit.
That got my heart racing like some moments in the game did.

Stop self-promoting.

I'm not. the only things I've written have been posted ITTs

Have you gotten over it yet, /lisg/?

Totally.

Gotten over what?
The endings? I guess so, I've chosen to go 'Death of the Author' and disregard whatever Dontnod claims about the storm.

Don't you mean "accepted"?

Where are they going for their date?

Small indie bar gig of a local Seattle band that Chloe knows Max will like. Holding hands, conversations, relaxed dancing. Takeout food and skyline sunrise afterwards.

That sound really nice.

That is horrifying. Like something that should have been included in Max's nightmare.

Fuck you, can't you at least put the image as a spoiler??? Asshole

She looks around and sees everyone sad. Joyce is broken, David cannot speak, even Frank has tears running down his face as he watches from a distance.
Max looks at the casket and thinks 'I've made a horrible mistake. I'm sorry I can't do this. I'm not as strong as you, Chloe, please don't be angry with me for whatever happens.'
Then she pulls out the butterfly photo and does what she originally did.

not ded yet, oh well

Eventually I will put together a flowchart of similar music, like the /mu/ ones. Got a few ideas working, but to busy to do anything with them.

If you want to contribute, please contact me on steam, or reply to this post.
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860

Thanks to photoshopgril for putting together the background image and the second chart,
polaroidgril for assembling the album covers/artist names/etc. onto the background image,
Dr. Zaius for helping in general.

I have a torrent of all the games music, Morali's OST, the Vortex Club party, all the licensed songs (most in lossless format), and all the albums they were taken from.

Magnet link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4AF55CE2E1F48771E92E4CCE8E92156EC6A96152&dn=various+artists+life+is+strange+ost+2015&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

I will be seeding this for the foreseeable future, so even if it says no seeds, leave it up long enough, and I'll come online. PC can't be on 24/7, you know?

kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html

Alternative download on MEGA, if you get it from here, please add the files to your torrent folder to facilitate easier downloads for others.

mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w

Spotify playlist of the licensed music here:
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
It's better than the official one. Really.

FLAC rip of official OST from the limited edition, courtesy of polaroidgril.

mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ