/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 16th:
1204 – Baldwin IX, Count of Flanders is crowned as the first Emperor of the Latin Empire.
1527 – The Florentines drive out the Medici for a second time and Florence re-establishes itself as a republic.
1822 – Greek War of Independence: The Turks capture the Greek town of Souli.
1916 – The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and the French Third Republic sign the secret wartime Sykes-Picot Agreement partitioning former Ottoman territories such as Iraq and Syria.
1943 – The Holocaust: The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising ends.

>News
HoI4 DD56 - Bits and Pieces
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-56-bits-pieces.930457/

EU4 DD May 12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-12th-of-may-2016.929369/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/lsmfcf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

REMINDER that the discord has begun shilling against Darkest Hour in an effort to have it replaced with Stellaris.

Stay woke.

Hoi4 in a month

Gender is a social construct
Race doesn't matter
Gay people are alright
Muslims are alright we just need rationalization
Bourgies didn't earn their money, they stole it
Workers should own the means of production

I'm still not sure how to feel about this game

feel hype

I need your help, /gsg/. Basically I'm doing a teaching degree and need to come up with "multimodal" teaching tools. The unit is ancient Greece. It seemed more interesting to use a grand strategy game to teach as much as possible instead of just printing screeds of texts.

Obviously I wouldn't be using one to replace the other but rather augmenting both.

Do you have any recommendations for a game as historically accurate as possible? Id prefer good civilisation building in addition to war/army but as the unit has a couple lessons exclusively on the army and notable battles just war is fine.

Post /gsg/ memes

>>>/reddit/

Which horse do I back, /gsg/?

Me on the left

Do you have anything to back that up?

your people Pahjet

India so you can be perfidious against your most loyal ally

Yes, I have a gut feeling and my gut is never wrong.

>2
>2
git gudder

Stockpile 2000 Machine Parts at the beginning to stall the industrial revolution by a few decades

That's pretty gamey why would anyone do that?

So nothing at all? Thought so

pls preorder hoi4

"you know I will"

Because doing gamey shit is the only way to have fun in a game into which you've put 1000+ hours, son.

Just wait until World of Tanks goes massively multiplayer with persistent servers. You know it's coming.

gamey=fun lad

>having fun in vic2
Lad...

Doing gamey shit is not fun at all
You are like those fags who abuse the AI and exploit the game then complain the game is too easy because you exploit it to hell and back

Wow user you're so original and enlightened

...That's fucking brilliant.

Anyway here's my Industrial Score so far in my non-colonial UK run (as in all my colonies are states w/ factories instead of colonial provinces.)

treddit

>tfw Orthodoxy doesn't exist anymore

why even live

Because that's a better world

t. I want to sabe the white race but won't have any children in my lifetime

I fell for the Stellaris meme, lads.

It's a genuinely fun game for the first 50 years, but then it has the same problem EU4 has - all there really is to do is colonize and conquer.

Maybe with DLC it'll be better. I've already played too much to refund.

Stellaris is pretty bad, I prefer Distant Worlds.

I don't think it's redeemable tb.h

>mfw most perfidious

Wrong thread

Pls respond

In the other thread nobody answered my question, so I will ask again; What is the best way to play as South Africa? Releasing in the first day, or waiting for all the process and playing as UK meanwhile?

It's a shame the unit was liquor distillation in the 19th century and it's effects on German unification wars.

poal.me/lsmfcf
poal.me/lsmfcf
poal.me/lsmfcf
poal.me/lsmfcf

Alright /gsg/ I finished working on Austria completely. Now I just need to figure out what I work on next.

Either I can work on the Native Confederation, or on Spain (Including Napoleonic Spain). Your choice /gsg/

Spain is irrelevant so focus on the natives.

This looks ugly as fuck desu, is it worth killing some Krauts and replacing them with Rhineland Bastards?

>How do you know so many flags and dynastic symbols, user?

My mom just asked me what I want to do for a living. I told her I want to be a military commander who leads his men to victory. I'm 22 and coming up to 4 years unemployed. Help me. ) ,:

Why release South Africa when you can fill it with British people while the Boers fuck off to do their weird apartheid shit out in the veld?

t. DH dev

Join the military

>Agnostic
>separate choice

Go to West Point user. Become a bright eyed officer cadet with a Custer complex.

does anyone know why Orthodoxy disappeared in this game? There is no Russia in it, only Muscovy and Novgorod. Novgorod converted to Catholicism while Muscovy became Sunni. I don't know what the fuck happened

And just think, as we play these stupid fucking games there are actually people younger than us in military service, or maybe they're part of some sort of violent rebel group, they are fit and young and full of life. None of us here will ever come close to the things we emulate, and it's abundantly insulting to people who actually go through war or strife of any sort how autistic we are here.

How do I fix this ugly Yurop?

>playing as the UK
>be second GP

you are doing everything wrong

changeowner

>cheating

How come they have formed South Africa?

I'm doing a comfy run.

true

Guess I'll just play like this through Darkest Hour TGC, alternate WW1 HO!

PS How am I doing for France?

I told you to take the Rheinlad lad
All of it
I'm really disappointed

Laddie I tried but then it became my sphereling

Because I console command the three Boer Republics into one for more aethestic borders.

It became a secondary power and started colonizing Botswana + Northern Cape.

how

you're dead to me

Want to get into CK2 any tips on how to play this game and how to declare war? The first time I played this game it took forever to gain a cause to go to war with some dutchy in ireland.

give it all to Germany

try using more dismantle empire casus bellis like pic ralated

you in the image

But lad I JUST dismembered them, fuck it Im keeping it, transferring to DH TGC and riding this bitch out.

Literally join the army. You'll live an enjoyable life for a decade or so and then you'll become an officer and live comfy as fuck. You might even lead a coup one day.

If I've mastered EU4/CK2/V2, how hard is EU3 to get into? I own the collection, but never actually started the game

Is there a point in giving a mayor a County in CK2 if it's not by the sea? I have this holding on the ass end of my kingdom that makes me go over my demesne size and I just noticed it's named after a city and not the castle, so I thought about giving it to the mayor.

Please no meme answers, I want to hear what happens gameplaywise.

EU4 is better than EU3 now desu

Is liquor balanced?

Yes

Well how the hell do I unite India as the Punjabi without exploiting the shit out of the game?
Have you even played a balkans campaign?

>Can be consumed by muslim pops, artificially creating a huge world demand for this product

No, it's overpowered and ahistorical.

Kek

Anyone?

So is poops back or is this yet another fan-modder updating shit?

>implying all muslims are good boy muslims who don't drink alcohol, eat bacon, practice buttsex or lie

>implying our lads know even a single dynastic symbol

what is the best vicky2 tutorial series?

Anything but Quill.

This is actually a really good point - I wonder what a run of Vicky II would look like if Muslim POPs didn't buy liquor

HPM, where you at

>tfw no republic dictatorship in EU4

>tfw it always changes back to kingdom

>wanting fascism in the 16th century
wew

Noble republics and bureaucratic despotism rule for life BTW.

>He thinks when Ottomans ruled whole muslim area, they were full durka.
Constantinople was known in the era for being the capital of alcohol, prostitution, gay community and such entertainments.

Well of course it was, it was full of greeks.

well thats obvious

monarchies were still good back then. They only got cucked to hell during the french revolution. Pretty sure none on the modern monarchs care about their country. They are probably all globalist scum.

÷

Monarchs only became bad post WW2, and even then only European ones.
See: Edward VIII.