Eve Online general /eog/

join tengoo edition
permalink:orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin:pastebin.com/t9Af7NJY
Focus Group Logs:focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: new "drilling platforms"
>Fall: new "industrial arrays", barge reworks
>Summer: AOE BOOST/LINK REWORK, citadel iterations + contracts, Rorqual rework
>May 30: Dust 514 shutting down (long live Project Nova)

Ongoing:
>May 02: All kspace citadels are getting shot
>Apr 30: New AOE DDs are bugged: target's sig doesn't migitate damage (1 man pikebomb)

Past:
>May 01: Snuffed Out sloping; 4 corps from AU/USTZ leave b/c of Shadow Cartel awox
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc.
>Apr 25: Eve players contributed 167 years of work to Project Discovery
>Apr 23: Fanfest 2016 over
>Apr 21: CSM XI results out
>Apr 19: GSF camped into Saranen
>Apr 10: Drone Walkers doing some crazy stuff in the Russian theater
>Apr 12: GSF absorbing Imperium corps; FCON + SMA bail
>Mar 28: CFC is dying. CO2 reset. IWI funding the MBC to burn down goons
>Mar 18: Guristas Hunt event (Shekel Madness: 3D)
>Mar 09: Project Discovery launched + massive mod tiercides that broke a lot of fits. Elo Knight creates White Legion.
>Feb 18: Last CSM X Summit:community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-second-csm-x-summit-meeting-minutes-included
>Feb 09: SP trading live
>Oct 25:community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/reworking-capital-ships-and-thus-it-begins/
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

OFFICIAL LIST OF WORST TYPES OF PLAYERS IN EVE:

1. Nullsec botters/ratters/mission runners
2. Highsec botters/ratters/mission runners
3. Nullbabby napfest blobbers
4. Lowsec 'elite' link-alt slave set pvpers
5. 'hisec pvp'
6. Miners
7. Industrialists
8. Traders
9. Scammers

9001. Honorabru solo roamers

90001. Small gang NPC sov nullsec/lowsec

900001. C5-6 WH pvpers

What tier are RLML?

i'm new, does a red skull on someones name in local mean they killed someone?

i'm just flying around having fun and a few people have them in the system im in

I want Reyni to sit on my face.

Daily /eog/ challenge:
Fly an arty vagabond, fit of your choice.
Link kill with screenshot and fit and recieve 950mil isk.
Rules:
>Must take one screenshot while fighting with visible fleet window.
>Must be solo withthout links, boosters and implants all allowed.
>Must kill equal or more isk than your own fit is worth in Jita, # of kills does not matter as long as they all add up to your ship cost.

i want ccp guard to sit on my face

gay hitler tier

i-im not sure if that is good or not

>arty vagabond

>revealing your identity on /eog/

kreydis stop

Additional rules.
>If you die before achieving the isk goal the challenge resets.
>Just to be clear, you can do any fit you want as long as the ship has medium artillery guns on every turret slot.

I have the right to not pay if its obvious you attempted to fool the rules or get outside help.

Who?

CCP Mimic pls

>there are people in /eog/ who don't know who kreydis is

kevin pls

>still no quad light beam laser nerf

Seeing as the challenge involves flying a fagabond, I'm going to have to pass. My corp mates would pod me on sight if they saw me flying minnyboats.

Your corpmates sound like a bunch of fags.

where does small gang null sec ewar/blops put me?

mining in 0.6 sec, podded by some CODE faggots, don't even remember what half my implants were

is it worth playing this cancerous game anymore? this was in a system 20 jumps from the PREVIOUS system i was ganked in by these fuckin cowards

should add: haven't played in a year for similar reasons... if i'm making isk to pay for skills, implants, ships, fittings, who the fuck are they to tell me not to do it a certain way?

yes but not the way you were playing it

find a nullsec group that does what you like and join them

nobody is telling you how to play any more than you are whining about CODE playing how they want

You can see your exact implant setup from the lossmail.

>Back to eve after 3-4 yrs.
>Last time spent most of my career mining, running missions etc. Pussy shit like that... Avoiding low sec as much as possible.
>My new account will be 2 weeks old this weekend and I desperately want at least 1 pvp kill by then.

Any tips for a newbro looking to dip a toe in the pvp funtimes?
I've been studying fitting guides and such to prepare, but still not sure what the most noob friendly strategy would be for popping my cherry.

facwar

tengoo

Noob here, I have some questions. I'm currently on a recruitment trial, and I want to subscribe (will hopefully make whichever user gave me the trial happy) but I'm not sure what to buy
the site says PLEX costs 19.99
that a time extension/trial upgrade costs 14.99
and that "buying eve online" costs 9.99
what are the differences between these? Am I forced to make a new account if I "buy eve online"?
could use some help from someone who knows what all these different prices mean

Are you really new, as in you still don't know what you're doing? Don't start paying yet. Roll another trial account, this time with a clear plan on what you want to do. You can make 1b in two weeks with t1 ships and t1 mods if you know what you're doing. Exploration can drop you a jackpot on your first try, for example.

>exploration meme

It was an example. You could also go with salvaging major battlefields.

Oh no no, I have around 20mil isk, and a cruiser. I'm not new to eve as a game, I've played trials on and off a few times. This is probably the first time I've had a clear vision. However, I dont really know what I'm doing enough to make a billion during the trial.
I wouldnt say I'm a
>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
kind of guy, but working that hard right off just isn't appealing to me.
I know I do want to subscribe, but I dont want to waste money, thats all, and I certainly dont want to get a package I cant use.

don't try to plex accounts straight away, you'll drive yourself fucking crazy

I know, that's why I just want to fucking get a game extension with cash but I dont know what the fuck to buy because they have so many god damn options

Isn't the cheapest the 1 plex?

fuck it I'm just gonna make an image comp, one minute

Horde worth joining?
Also, what other corps are /eog/ approved?

I'm probably going to seem like a retard to actual players but it's fucking frustrating how unclear these prices are and what they buy exactly

>/eog/ approved
>worth joining

Pick one.

>TFW you are the CEO of a Corp and your members have this happen all the time

>TFW they can't stop getting their ships blown up from doing "that one thing what said don't do"

>TFW we have a hangar filled with shit built for their use for free and they burn their ISK buying it from Jita instead

Anyone have any "CEO problems". Not like your CEO sucks but you are the CEO dealing with the suck.

>/eog/ approved

Ahh, yeah, those other options are monthly subs. You can pick the one you can afford and then change the payment method to blank after it's activated and paid once, then keep playing with ingame plex.

for a newbie? horde, brave, karmafleet, dreddit, eveuni are all good

sticking with them long term is questionable though

yeah and I found out the 9.99 one requires a new account
kinda scummy to make it cheaper to join then hike the price to continue

Eh, I wouldn't know. I just bought a 2 month GTC from a retailer and used it to activate my trial way back in 2007. Haven't paid for the game since. I just found ingame money making so damn easy that I found it better to buy drinks with the plex money so I can tolerate the asshead FC's and their shrill voices on comms.

All-Out

So who are the the big headliners in the game? Famous/infamous corps?

why?

WHY DO YOU FAGS NEVER MAKE A NEW THREAD AND LINK IT IN THE OLD BEFORE IT ARCHIVES

WHY DO YOU NEVER LINK TO THE OLD THREAD IN THE NEW THREAD OP

THIS IS THE ONLY GENERAL THAT DOES BOTH THESE THINGS TOGETHER

>THIS IS THE ONLY GENERAL THAT DOES BOTH THESE THINGS TOGETHER
m8

why do you give a shit, who cares

EVERY GENERAL IVE BEEN TO LINKS NEW THREAD IN THREAD BEFORE 404

EXCEPT YOU SNOWFLAKES

Are you upset? You sound upset.

Might want to go outside and praise the sun for a while.

>C5-6 WH pvpers

kek. Had me going for a second there.

Seriously trying to pretend that 50man blobs of t3s and a couple of blap capitals makes you amazing at EVE is laughable at the very best.

C1-C3 is where its at

The dark souls general fell off like yesterday, and its big and popular

>D*rk Souls

I bet you hate fun and just sit in a station all day

>lol I kill herons in my stratios

So at present we have a few /v/ corps that newbros could look at if they want to stay inside the community (gag)

All-Out
Broski North
Anime Masters
(lovesquad)

any others worth mentioning?

>Anime Masters

Broski North, Anime Masters, Love Squad, and Oruze Cruise have minimum SP requirements I think.

Only All-Out has no such requirements.

Join All-Out

>TFW when you are the only person in your Corp not AFK mining

>Buying EVE
Best option, only available to new players. Gives you 30 days plus some other bonuses.

>Monthly sub
Cheapest option to play outside of buying PLEX with ISK. $15/month

>PLEX
PLEX is more expensive than just charging game time as is. It's $20 per PLEX, the reason its higher is it can be sold on the market in game for money.

You can apply the $9.99 version to a trial account. You'll still get the 30 days.

I don't know if there's any promotions going on though, there was a thing occasionally on Steam that would net you about 30-50 million in assets if you got that version.

I really wish there was a 1 week half-plex thing, maybe with the same restriction as trial accounts.

Or how bout this-

0.5 PLEX = 7 or 14 days

As that seems better than ...

well actually 3 months for fucking $12 is actually a good deal... huh

oh wait its $12 a month and and $38 full

fucking CCCP and their jewish tricks

>$9.99 version to a trial account. You'll still get the 30 days.

Does that have to be before the trial ends?

I'm seriously thinking of doing this but I have 6 days remaining on the trial so I need to know.

I already have my Gallente main as too important to lose and just started Caldari and Amarr alts that I would like to keep too

Any character still on 21d trial is nowhere near "too important to lose". Once you get up to three months of skill training, then you can start making that claim.

No, you can apply it later.

>stunt

>21d trial

I only have a 14 day trial.

Anyways I like my characters, and their names and looks, I guess if theres no other option I could just recreate them from screenshots.

But I'm a bit confused about this

>1 PLEX = $19.95
>1 months EVE subscription= $9.99

Is it because PLEX allows you to do more than just the subscription like the multiple character training or converting to Aurum?

I feel like I will hit a wall with EVE around when I've explored Gallente, Caldari, Amarr to my satisfaction and done most shit in highsec and PvE and so 3 month subscription might be too much for me.

I guess I'll just try the 1 month after my trial ends, then if I feel like I want to play another month I'll add another 1 month payment.

The "exploration frigate" pack seen here you get less than an hour into the game with each race so I don't need that bonus

Can I do level 4 missions in a vexor with friends?

Probably I've done them with my Friends in Cruisers.

You get a 21 day trial with a buddy invite, and the inviter gets a free plex when you activate the account. 14 day trials are a scam.

what a shame, too late now

Navy vexors with sniper fit and wardens, sure. Normal vex might struggle to survive long enough to get out of the npc damage range.

should I not be doing drone fit?

Sniper fit with wardens means stuffing highslots with drone range mods.

Are you in the /v/ bros chat channel? You can get some help there if you really need it, also if you want to pvp you can probably find a few people in there that'd join

oh sorry I didn't realize wardens were drones

I fly solo

Whats the point, even if you do the good nullsec factions that sounds like true shittier isk/h split 3 ways.

>le solo
>in a mmo
>in eve

You're doing it so wrong it's not even funny anymore.

Cruiser tier noobs have to start somewhere, and it at least teaches them to tank their ships.

extremely bad choice for EVE but alright

I'm playing with friends and we are just looking for some isk while we get familiar with the game

It's sort of tough, needs the right group. When I had a couple of new guys playing, I had them flying Omens and other stuff while I was in a logistic frigate. Frigate usually gets under the guns of anything big that targets it, cruisers are backed up by the mini logi. Your DPS will suck however unless you have multiple players.

So yeah, it's possible to do it in a Vexor as a group, just make sure you have someone on logi duty because your tank probably won't be stable without them.

>try ninja salvaging for the first time
>managed to salvage shit for a while
>missioner has a catalyst buddie/alt warp in
>instalocks me
>just warp out cause i'm 50km away from where he warped in

this game is some shit

Did you steal from the wrecks, or just salvage?

Thats not how missions work
More people means less isk

>First stage citadel re-enforcement
>24 hours

>Second stage citadel re-enforcement
>6 days

What the fuck.

HOLY SHIT FUCK WEBBER DRONES

It also means faster clearing and shared standings/reward. It actually makes sense to do this so you can stack the missions in the same system with all the chars/alts taking the same agent(s).

sentry drones

We have no other form of income right now besides a couple procurers which is slow/boring money. We don't know what we are doing

Post your vexor fit(s).

i don't have one yet, i just wanted to know if it would be okay to spend isk on

>been running lvl 4 missions in navy raven and salvaging them on my alt account for over a year
>no idea how to into pvp
>also do high sec explo in a cerb and land a few hundred mil every now and then
>just want some tasty pvp action but no idea where to start

all my sp is in missiles and shield tank
I feel trapped

I was just salvaging in hisec. I'm still a newbro but I read up on stuff to make sure I wouldn't die; I read that some missoners will have a cheap PvP ship warp in to suicide gank ninja salvagers. The Catalyst is actually one of the few cheap PvP ships I have memorized by name, so as soon as I saw it I knew what was gonna happen and had a huge "oh shit oh shit oh shit" as I warped out heh,

RLML Caracals. Go ruin some kiterfags day.