/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Aussie hours edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

Other urls found in this thread:

astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1436/~/system-menu-update-history
googledrive.com/host/0BwYVUA7ansC5c09UbmZxTzVMNE0/660_PRO-C2_14-02-2015.zip
yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IS 11.2 UPDATE REAL OR NOT????

That probably just means they flipped the switch for requiring 11.0 to go online. I just confirmed on my 3DS, can't create a room in MHX.

EVERYONE WITH THE UPDATE MESSAGE AND LUMA3DS + A9HL:

Looks like the maintenance of today enabled the friends module check, the current release of Luma3DS isn't working with online play, nightlies are though.

Just replace the arm9loaderhax.bin with the included one in any recent Luma nightly build to go online

I was about to ask if 11.0 was dicking with online play, but it looks like I have my answer. Should I wait a few days to hack until the guide is updated again, or is this going to happen often enough that I should just learn to deal with it now?

>Luma nightly
thanks, soblem prolved.

Depends if Aurora comes up with a better way to patch https, or whatever trick she's using there.

>she

Thanks for the guaranteed reply.

Hi /hbg/

Recently purchased a PSP 3001 that doesnt read games for 15 bones. It is currently on OFW 6.60. Tried installing various versions of Pro CFW and the PSP never rebooted. Just did the PSP logo. Hung there for a second. Then shut down. Never gave the option to install. Any ideas what the issue might be. All YouTube videos and tuts make it seem so cut and dry. Any help would be great.

Where do we get this arm9 bin?

use only 6.60 pro cfw, are you launching updater and not fast recovery?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME 5.5.5 FOR THE WIIU HITS AND NO ONE WARNS ME BEFOREHAND
Well fuck now we wait for 5.5.5 kernel exploit, god damn it fuck.
I knew removing the DNS was a bad idea.

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1436/~/system-menu-update-history

How come the update function of luma doesn't update to this?

>how come the update function doesn't give me nightlies

Listen to your question and think it over.

That bullshit updates like 6 hours later.

lumaupdate.cia has a nightly option.

Yup. Launching the updater. Haven't even touched the Recovery because nothing has been installed. Anyone have a good link for just vanilla Pro CFW 6.60. Everything I find is some revision. b9-10 or (fix 3) or some shit.

Thanks again.

WII U DLC PIRACY WHEN

At 06:12:52

But it's not out

Oh, In 4 hours

that might be the problem try this one
googledrive.com/host/0BwYVUA7ansC5c09UbmZxTzVMNE0/660_PRO-C2_14-02-2015.zip

yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php

I might be retarded. I thought there was supposed to be an update function with the luma payload when you start the 3DS and press select.

Is there a homebrew luma update instead of .cia?

Does this matter if we're on 11.0 A9LH?

Yes, the problem is with 11.0 A9LH.
10.7 A9LH is ok for now

Yes, I had to get the newest bin file

>tubehax is experiencing turbulence. use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.
Where did you get this?

finally, got my R4i

do I have to do anything to make it work on luma?

>Luma3DS.dat not on root of my sd card anymore

Did I accidentally delete this or is this normal? Do I need the file?

nope but you do need the firmware files for it to work obviously

Anyone know how to help out with Smash 4's CSS, followed Character IDs but ended up with this

where do i get the fireware files?

You only need that if you're use the DS exploit to boot it.

I don't know why the fuck anyone would ever even do that honestly.

official site

It's just some guy hosting it.

It's the same thing, expect it just redirects nintendo update servers and not youtube.

Not seeing the problem here

Character positions are messed up, notice how Lucina is grouped with the Mario characters, and no Miis

so I just copy them onto the sd card I stick in the flash card?

yep

can it update over wifi afterwords?

Anyone know of a good place to search for obscure gba cia files?

I'm looking for yugioh gx duel academy and had no luck tracking it down. Hoping someone could help out

Good place to get 3ds .cias that doesn't require logging in?

3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/

won't need to update

whoa how can i do this

is it just me or is my boot time for Luma slightly longer with the latest nightly version?

Is it alright to just drop .cia files to the SD's root and install them? Mainly games.

yes

Thanks

Nice.

No, it'll corrupt

After setting up A9LH and luma, I'm greeted by a black, titleless app on the home screen. What the fuck is it? I've never seen that in like 50 a9lh installations I've made.

where can I download kernaltimemachine? i heard that was the safest way to downgrade

is it health and saftey?

JUST

I use a boot screen on my N3DS. It only stays on screen for about a quarter of a second on the official Luma3DS release, but with the latest nightly, it stays on screen for about three seconds.
I don't know if the boot sequence actually takes longer and that's why the boot screen is displaying for longer, or if the latest code is implementing something for the boot screen to display longer.

It isn't.

exactly the same for me.

good to know it's just probably something with the nightly not my system

What would a Luma user lose from switching to Rei 4.1?

AGB/TWL patching, N3DS Underclocking prevention, region emulation, probably some other shit.

the better question is why you would ever want to switch to Rei from Luma

Regretting a gender swap is pretty typical.

Rei uses 10.2 firm-launch so it supports amiibo, the latest Rei reopens the svcBackdoor, added RO patch, etc.
With Luma you have to use the nightlies to get online and use NTR, and Luma doesn't support amiibo.
Also, Rei-senpai is cute! CUTE!

looking to get a DS flashcart for my 3DS because this: gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

which card is good? and where to buy from?

>amiiboos

Kill yourself.

r4i gold
r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm

Luna definitely supports amiibo lmao

can we pirate amiibo's yet?

>he likes something I don't like
Last time I checked it didn't. Could have been fixed by now. I would check but I'm installing 7th Dragon right now.

For Luma Updater do I use latest hourly to get the nightly one?

My gf has used amiibos multiple times for fe:if so yea (it also recognized one of mine even though it didn't work with the game)

you can use NTR with the latest stable Luma release

I thought 11.0 broke NTR on Luma 5.4

it works fine for me, you just need the NTR compatible firmware.bin in the luma folder

Hell, it is even in the guide

Do you have onhand the page that automatically compiles the latest Luma nightly? Google isn't giving me anything.

Thanks so much.

Late but never mind, it did get the nightly one and online works good

Tried doing this: gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
But whenever I boot a game it gives me an error and tells me to turn off the power.
What do?

How do I install DLCs? Ive installed the CIA but the dlc wont turn up.

The game is smt iv. I really need the money and exp dlcs.

did you make sure it matches the region of the cia?

>With Luma you have to use the nightlies to get online and use NTR

What's up with this blatant misinformation?

Ok, I put the r4i into my 3ds, but the icon shows nothing in the system

did it click when you put it in? r4s on 3ds need more force than regular cards

yeah, I tried it 3 times, now it shows up. must be a bad connector

when I launch it, it just shows a white screen

It might be the card. I had an M3 that did the same thing.

Is it the same region as your .cia or cart? If it's an out of region DLC on an out of region game you have to add exceptions to NTR or Luma to let it through by emulating the language so it works.

did you put the kernel files on the sd?

which kernel files? which sd?

I'm still running cakes and patched up to 10.7

Can I install 11.0 safely?

Hey. So I am going to import a Japanese n3ds soon. I'm wondering if I can install a different region name onto the ds for arm9. Is this possible at all?

>cakes

ones from the official site and the sd in the flashcart like you're suppose to do

>github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
>6. Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings if it is not already

Is there any good reason Plailect is recommending this? Staying on 10.7 before downgrading to 2.1.0 seems like a better idea since you're then not royally fucked if you fuck up and restore without A9LH like the retard in the previous thread did.

I downloaded and put on the sd card in the flashcard something from the site

r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp