What a fuckload of shit

What a fuckload of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9cSzw9eUZOs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

best thread today

Name me one more effective fucking weapon you asshole.

Guns. Especially when they have bullets.

Bombs

When did a gun last slay a Dragon?

Try again you child.

My dick lmao

Oh yeah, I forgot that dragons are afraid of bombs.

Oh wait they're fucking not.

Truly the ultimate weapon

What is this fascination with spears

Because the last dragon was bombed to fuck.

cunt

Nuclear shits.

>mfw sword-fags will never get over how their meme weapon was literally useless and no one used it unironically

I'll give you that one.

Get real.

Literally the best weapon in history (for it's time period!). A disciplined army with pike line that can hold formation in the face of a charge was the dominating force on the battlefield until the invention of the gun. In addition to this, spears and pikes were ridiculously cheap compared to literally any other weapon, and required very little training.

inb4 horse archers, horses are expensive as fuck.

It's just a backlash against swordfags who like to argue for hours if katanas were better then longswords, when in fact, neither of them had a huge impact on warfare, in wars, most swords were secondary weapons.

Does this look ironic you stupid asshole?

Funny thing, Im reading a book on the shinsengumi right now, Its full of accounts of people being spit open by one clean sword strikes, streetfights with a iron helmet being cracked open the the blood temporarily blinding the fighter, assassinations, ambushes, and other acts of violence

So yeah, in context swords were pretty damn scary. 99% of your life your not on a battlefield, even if your a warrior by profession. Your a guy in a dangerous world were people assert themselves through violence and intimidation, and that's why they wore swords

I'm sure these accounts are not exaggerated by any means and splitting people open happened just like in the anime I saw yesterday.

Can we petition him to make a video about the use of swords in general and put the stupid debate to rest?

Yes but let's send this petition to Matt instead as Lindy usually bases his videos on fucking LARPing experience or singular events from history that don't represent the whole picture.

probably not like the anime, but sharp swords do not have much trouble cutting through human skin, bone also is not too difficult either.

If you have ever read accounts of duels or looked to photographs, you can see what terrible wounds they can cause.

ban assault spears

fuck you

right, you really only need a sword to protect your home. What are you going to do with that spear anyway?

In duels they don't wear fucking armor dumb fuck.

They dont wear armor in most street fights either. Some shinsengumi wore chainmail when they were on patrol and expected to be in fights. The people they were fighting usually were not so well prepared.

As for the helmet, I got it wrong, the helm was knocked off the the swordsman wearing it got a bad cut on his forehead. He had to be carried home on a stretcher but did not die

Cutting through people is actually pretty hard, especially if they are moving and trying to avoid being cut

You little shit

notice I said cut open. in the case I was thinking of the guy was wearing only a short sword, drew it and cut a sumo wrestler's chest open, killing him.

They often killed people who did not cooperate

MODS MODS MODS

So is swordposting going to become the Veeky Forums equivalent of posting this with a period on /v/

I can't tell because you chose a fucking tiny picture.

Matt = Actual HEMA larper

Lindy = Academic, degree in archeology, constantly reads about new and interesting stuff

yet lindy is a larper???

Weren't the people that fought against them scarier? They didn't even need their swords to be particularly sharp.

I shit on swords and wipe my ass with axes while cucking maces.

Crossbow > all

是是

Oh spear me you lies, the mace is the better weapon.

Warhammer is better than mace.

>Ultimate weapon
I won't take the bait this time senpai

"[The sword] is such a weapon that all the people use it; the one who knows (how to use it) and the one who does not, young and old are protected by it everywhere. An it (the sword) is (such) a good brother that it does not become inactive in wide or even narrow places. One needs it on the sea and on the land and in crowd. On a very windy day the lance becomes a burden for its possessor, but this (the sword) never becomes useless. And on that day the archer can not shoot his arrow straight, (therefore) no one can do without the sword."

"Although they have many weapons, they would never be able to do without the sword, but those who have swords can do without all the other weapons."

-Muhammad Ibn Yaqub Ibn Ahi Hazzam al-Hattali, Kitab al-Furusiyya va'l-Baytara, 14th century

youtube.com/watch?v=9cSzw9eUZOs

checkmate

F

fktdkdyrdy

Swamp ass.

Wow young man

That's a wyvern you fuckhead

>today I was cutting up some carrots for a beef stew and I almost cut myself thumb
>from this I noticed that swords are really useless for attacking people with, you're not going to do much damage
>swords were in fact entirely blunt
>in fact, I reckon that they actually all had big metal sticks instead of a sword

Matt has a degree in archaeology and runs a HEMA club. Lindy literally larps.

The pen

???

fuck no

Stop

repli

>Smithonian Channel

Yep, an actual, tax funded scientific institute made that video.

cvvb

Nah

Nuclear weapons are the most overrated. In a katana vs. nuclear weapon duel, the katana wielder would win.

DELETE THIS

lmao

Spears are beautiful.

They are boring as fuck. Effective though.

yes yes well posted my friend

Axe is better faget

Don't die mommy

fucking faggot

Fuck you, but for what it's worth, I agree.

kkk

Is the gentleman with the white cowboy hat JBL?

Why do I keep falling for this

agreed

I don't think you really agreed

I think you replied for a different reason

Yes

oh no

Estoc is bestoc. Fuck you, learn to parry.

Fuck off man Damascus steel swords could literally cut a man in half

delete

I'm not trying to bait anyone. But how did the Romans with their short swords beat the Greek with their spears?

swords don't run out of ammo

Greeks had swords as well, Romans had spears too.

Because their formations were more maneuverable. head on their formations would lose

kek

Cause they never really fougth exept mabey a few skirmishes here and there

Lol linked to the wrong post

Matt: Has a degree in archaeology and devotes a considerable amount of time to studying history and historical documents relating to fighting. Has run a HEMA club for almost 20 years and is one of the major figures in European HEMA. No academic publications, but has written and contributed to several books on HEMA.

Lindy: Got a degree in archaeology, but did fuck all with it. Supported himself by being a dance instructor. Only recently started actually doing HEMA, has way more experience in LARP. No academic publications, and no other publications except for a comic book currently in development.

If you want to compare their actual backgrounds, Lindy will always come up short. I like his videos, but he's not nearly as qualified to talk about some things as he acts. He was a dance instructor who did LARP as a hobby. Neither are actual academics, but Matt as about as close as you can get to one when it comes to HEMA.

She's was in the emergency room last night

Greeks only used their swords as a last resort, like modern some modern infantry would be armed with handguns. And only the Triarri of the Roman legions at the time used spears. And most battles ended before the Triarri even had their turns.

Even you fight swordsmen who outnumber your bullets, there's a very high chance they would run away before you even use half your ammo.

The pilum was very often used as a standard melee spear

Fine geez

Wasn't it designed to be used for one throw only? Wouldn't it's thin "neck" bend if you thrust it against a shield?

sometimes

fuck u
(pls dont die mommy)

No she won't

It was good enough for poking at horses and stuff I guess

Some were specifically designed to bend, but many werent