Ancestor thread

Post your ancestry here, doesn't have to be particularly interesting. Haven't seen one of these threads in a while, the last one was pretty good. I'll go first:

>Grandmother on my mothers side can track her family back to the Mughal dynasty

>My grandfather's (fathers father) family are Rajputs (converted to Islam some time in history), and his mothers side are Kambojas (also converted some time ago)

>Both my parents families migrated to Pakistan during the partition, both were pretty wealthy and lost pretty much everything after moving from the Indian side of Punjab to Pakistans

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alsatians_and_Lotharingians
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apparently greek.

I call bs though, imma jap

Like every other human on Earth, I am directly descended from Egyptian pharaohs.

WE

What if I have long skinny toes like The Greek but my big toe and my pointer toe are the same length?

Yes but can you poo in loo Pajeet?

It's usually Hindus that need help with hygiene

>he thinks this meme is still funny

>Roman

Pretty old and unfunny.

>Greek

feels good

Apparently I'm Roman which I guess sort of makes sense since the main European ancestry I have is Romance.

What am I?

Neanderthal

Part of my family from my moms side lived on the court of the tsar, my grandmother's pretty proud about that. She claims that she can track her family to the tatars.
>family of my dad were polish farmers, so not particularly interesting. They thought against the nazis though so that's pretty cool

ur a romancuck

Feet types are not indicative of ethnic, or racial background, you retarded idiots. They're categories; types of foot shape.

Bretty cool

You forgot the full picture

Yeah I don't know what that chart is based off of, but I've seen it floating around on the internet for so long.

any insight or speculation you dudes could give based on this.orange is native, maroon is west African, and purple is north African.

forgot the pic

kek

>Egyptian
>tfw im black

Fat

My dad says we're distantly related to Lady Astor.

Mine don't really look like any of them

SHEEEEEIT YOU WAZ KING AND SHIT MY NIGGA

French Canadian on my mother's side and Irish on my father's side.

The picture is bullshit

Alsace-Lorraine(ian?) and Irish on my Dad's side

Dutch and English on my Mother's

Though my mother's family moved to America in the 1600's so really they're American

OP here. In case anyone needs clarification, the picture posted in the original post, is indeed, bullshit.

But i tought i was KANGZ N SHIET...

>Father: Czech with origins in Slovak-Polish borderlands, maybe some gypsy heritage
>Mother: Czech with some Hungarian (from Slovakia)

German as far back as I can find. Most of my family immigrated to the Mid West in the late 1800s. I share the same surname as a relatively famous physicist , but I have no idea if there is any relation.

mother's father was English via the US and Canada, along with some other kinds of white and supposedly a bit of Native American
mother's mother's father was French
mother's mother's mother was Native American, specifically Cherokee
father's mother is Polish, both her parents immigrated to the US separately (specifically Michigan) with their families when they were young
father's father's father and mother were Sicilian and Romany, I forget which one was which
someone (or a few someones) in my mother's father's family kept extensive genealogical records, but no one else I'm related to did, as far as I know, so nationality is about all I have to go on
my mother recently gave me her copy of those records and I looked at them years ago; some segments of my family have been in North America since the 18th century; some of the records go back to the 16th century; that's all I can remember as far as interesting things, like I said it's 50 shades of white

FEET TYPES ARE MERE SHAPE CATEGORIES; THEY'RE NOT INDICATIVE OF ETHNIC, OR RACIAL, BACKGROUND!

why did you do this are you autist?

>Mothers side; Irish and Irish.. A lil more irish
>Fathers side; Irish, German and Wallonian.

I'm Haitian (not by blood)-Arab.

My great-grandpappy was a thief in what is now Jordan. After he was caught (and evaded justice), he hid in Bethlehem with his Armenian wife. A few years later, he went by means of France to Gonaives. My grandfather married a high class lebanese woman there and moved to the US. We are originally Orthodox Christians, but converted to Roman Catholicism on account of the lack of EO in Haiti.

Hey, moron.

see:

The thread itself isn't predicated on feet type, you dip.

What did he mean by this?

OP here, this is true.

fuck yourself

I didn't talk about feet in my post, why are you internet yelling at me bout them

This is what autism looks like

Roman

I came here to post this but less yelly

French and Dutch nobility since like the 1600's. My dad is like 48th or 50th in line to the Dutch throne. And we're related to like a fuckton of Huguenots exiled and banished from france to belgium and the netherlands later invited by Charles IX to sweden where we became the richest family in northern europe until queen fucking Christina that wonderful thundercunt "loaned" more than half of our money and half of our ships to ferry her things to rome and promptly abdicated and fucking Charles X the was not content to pay his bratty little cousins HUGE FUCKING DEBT. And so we were reduced to an impoverished unlanded destitute noble family in fucking sweden. We had some family who were Carloleans to Chales XII during the great northern war, and when they where defeated by the fucking russians they were paraded though Moscow and we could not ransom them since FUCKING QUEEN HYDRACUNT STOLE OUR FUCKING MONEY. this is actually true btw

Based on that, either Egyptian or Greek. My ancestory as told by my family is from Yugoslavia on my moms side and polish on my dads.

Greek according to the image. In reality I'm British (basically a mongrel of English, Irish and Welsh) as far back as I can find information for (late 1700s).

It's named Alsatian/Lotharingians (depending on the region)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alsatians_and_Lotharingians

I'm Egyptian apparently, which is interesting because I'm Eritrean (the closest modern ancestor to ancient Egyptians).

Bullshit image.

I'm Asian, I can't be any of these.

Thanks man

pft, whatever footfag

According to your pic I wuz kangz

WE

Roman.

this is what i got

Tunisian jew with Greek and Italian ancestry

English, Irish, Swedish and German Jooish

Roman

A bit vague

Scandinavian roots
Irish roots
Somewhere in my mess, I also possess some form of Native American, but it doesn't show.

peruvian
amerindian and spanish as far as i know, but i look like an asian mixed with a filipino and the offspring mixed with a white man

Maternal grandfather's side is mostly lower-class English and Irish, Catholics, dockworkers, labour unionists, etc.. One came as a convict for stealing some rifles in the 1840s and then resettled elsewhere as a free man. There were also free settlers from Essex and Oxford, and some who came from way back when via Melbourne (probably my earliest branch in the country, but still researching when and where they came from - still certainly English and Irish, at least mostly). There is a French Canadian in there somewhere, too. Also a relative a few generations back married in to the Heinz family and inherited a grotesque amount of money (none of which we saw). His father fought at Flanders.

Maternal grandmother's side is Scottish and English middle-class, Presbyterians and Anglicans, Freemasons. Came more recently (only the very end of the 19th century). Don't know much beyond that.

Picture: My brother sent his spit for testing a while ago. We haven't a clue where the "Iberian Peninsula" stuff comes in, although presumably it's on this side of the family.

Paternal grandfather's side is Czechoslovak, with an uncommon but distinctly Polish surname. Lutheran upbringing but atheist since he was young. As a teenager, this grandfather fought at the end of WW2 for liberal resistance (non-/anti-communist). For that reason he was imprisoned by the communists after the war; the warden told him that if he stayed in the country he knew what would happen to him, and let him "escape". He went to a refugee camp in Germany or Switzerland (can't recall which) and then went by train through Romania, the Ukraine, Russia, to come here by boat in the late 1940s. I know very little about his family. His parents apparently moved to a small village from the city (probably Bratislava or Vienna), but then were divorced. He never saw his father again after the way, whereas his mother was routinely harassed and beaten by Soviet authorities and died in the '80s. Probably no church records available due to movement and communists, and anyway I wouldn't know how to find them.

Paternal grandmother's side are Budapest Jews. Quite wealthy, granted arms in the late 19th century. My grandmother's father served as a minor officer for Austria-Hungary in WWI. Knowing my grandmother, she probably stored away a lot of records and papers and the like, but I haven't gone through them at this stage. Her immediate family left together prior to WW2, and brought a good lot of gold, paintings, etc. with them, so they remained well-off even once here (and her mother bought up a lot of real property and made a good income from it). The rest of her extended family is, as far as anyone knows, all dead. She apparently had to marry my grandfather in secret before her grandmother arrived in the country, because he was a gentile. But she ate pork and shellfish and never visited the synagogue, so I guess the younger generations were less conservative.

Forgot to mention that my maternal grandmother's mother's maiden name was French.

>Sub-Saharan African 3.3%

In order from biggest to smallest in terms of my ethnic makeup:

English
Ashkenazi
Irish
German
Welsh
Scottish
Polish
American Native

The Ashkenazi is from my grandmother. Don't know too much about my mother's side as I've been estranged from my grandparents on that side for almost two decades.

Pajeets detected

My maternal grandmother's side came from England on the Mayflower and the consecutive few voyages, being an amalgamation of English and Welsh with some Scottish and some Irish, descended from Norman aristocrats. Over their five centuries in the United States, the British blood remained constant with the exception of a couple mixings with less archaic French blood than what we already had, and some Italian. During this time, they remained nobility/aristocracy, owning many major businesses (JP Morgan is the only one of which I am explicitly aware) and slave plantations in Maryland and Missouri, respectively. The Missouri folk of our family ended up heading to Chicagoland after the Civil War. On this side of our family, there is the Folsoms (my great-great grandmother's cousins. Folsom Prison - that's us), who married into the Clevelands (by marrying Grover Cleveland). My lineage along the way also saw the founders of Naperville, Illinois, and the inventor of Wrigley's Spearmint gum.
My maternal grandfather is descended from Norwegian families living in the far north of Sweden near the border. There is some German that got mixed in there somehow too. They came to Chicago in the years before the Civil War to work on the train junctions which, at the time, were for some reason mostly Nordic folk.
My paternal grandparents haven't looked into their ancestry, but combined ethnically they are mostly German and Austrian, with some Hungarian and a tinge of Irish. We are aware of having family in the Wermacht, but no dedicated Nazi's, for they were south German Catholics. I don't know why they came to the US.

>to recap
English, Welsh, German, Austrian, Norwegian, Swedish, Scottish, French, Irish, Hungarian, Italian. Not a drop of native American or black or Near-Eastern or anything but European blood.
But according to OP's pic, I'm Egyptian, so that's fucking gay.

Between Roman and Greek. I'm Albanian.

Fuck yeah I got Greek

>muh heritage thread
Fucking americans

>Roman

WUZ

Some mix of Celtic and Greek.

My family tree is composed of prostitutes, isn't it?

You should let your toenails grow dude. Cutting them that short and you will have ingrown toenails.

what site is this

From southern England, with some Nordic roots, but Roman through the feet thing, and the fact that the Romans conquered where my family is from

I got Egyptian but i'm german-irish
Wuz we kangz?

Probably ancestry.com

my 2 left fingers are Roman style but my other 3 fingers are either Greek or Egyptian

biggest WE WUZ possible

Irish, German, Jewish and Scottish

>father's side goes back to a German refugee who came to Ireland during the War of the Spanish Succession in 1709
>paternal grandfather thus had a German surname, but changed it when he converted to Catholicism and joined the IRA
>great-grandfather (father's mother's father) fought in the 1916 rebellion in Dublin and worked for WB Yeats

>mother's side goes back to some guy who got hanged for his part in the 1798 rebellion in Ireland
>maternal grandmother was Scottish but I know nothing about my ancestry from her line
>maternal grandfather was in the RAF in WWII; he fought in the invasion of Sicily and was also stationed in Israel and Malta (respectively) at some point
>some distant Jewish blood somewhere in my mother's family tree too, can't remember specifically

I am directly descended from a man and woman who traveled to North America on the Mayflower and had kids once they got there. By now though I think thousands or tens of thousands of people also are just from that 1 couple.

Mother's side: Irish, Scottish, German
Father's side: Spanish, Slavic

>mother's father's side started with a 17th-century protestant reformer on Scotland, mother's mother's side were interwar German immigrants
>father's side is extremely hazy history-wise

>Maternal grandmother's side
>Long tradition of being Nantes shipwrights who built some of France's most noteworthy clippers

>Maternal grandfather
>Extremely hazy but his direct ancestors can be traced back to having belonged to Napoleon's Old Guard.

>Paternal grandmother
>Been Parisian since the XVIIth century, and became quite weathy under the Second Empire, but beforehand were wood-cutters (don't know the precise wording for it) from Normandie.

>Paternal grandfather
>Bourgeois-tier family from Brussels (one of the ancestors was its mayors in the XIXth century or so).

So pretty francophone all things considered.

Are you American? Because only a yank could spew that much shite about muh ancestry.

Nope, Irish

Dads side half Russian (run away from gommies when he was young) and Bosnian Serbs.

Moms side Serbs from Bosnia, but apparently they are Aromanian in origin.

And forgot my fucking feets are straight fucking Roman, shits mad.

Pretty sure my family has never lived anywhere aside from the British isles.

Fathers side had definite Ayran in there somewhere as everyone on that side has blue eyes.

Mothers side has red hair and has an Irish surname but has only lived in 2 cities in England for as long as it can be traced back.

However, apparently some chink slipped in there at one point...

Roman apparently

im mexican pretty white though

>Irish, German, Jewish and Scottish

Same here although I also have some Croatian in there.

fred flintstone

Berebere aparently

kek

6 times Great Grandfather was Vice Governor of Pennsylvania. One of my Grandmother's is Greek, my Mother is about half Greek, and I'm around 30% Greek.

Father's side is a mystery.

Also help what is my toe formation

WE