Is smoking a good tool for a stressful Veeky Forumslife?

is smoking a good tool for a stressful Veeky Forumslife?

besides the start up cost, e-cigs are way cheaper.

people literally spend hundreds of dollars a month on cigarettes

most foolish investment you could make.
liability to finance,
healthy , and time.

if you smoke cigarrettes you are telling everyone around you , you are a "mark".

Smoking cigarettes is probably one of the defining habits of poor people.

It's right up there with drinking alcohol by yourself

Just drink coffee/mate and cranberry juice. Much better for you.

I don't really think most jobs are stressful enough to justify the habit.

For some people I guess it is. Stimulants just make me more stressed so I just blaze instead. Everyone is different though.

Smokers are under the illusion that cigarettes "remove stress," when in reality their stress is from withdrawing from nicotine, and a cigarette removes the craving.

Total waste of money, bad for your health, and cuts down productivity since you need to take a smoke break every hour or two.

The stress relief comes in the form of a 15 minute break where you can your buddies can bitch about your job. You can probably replace smoking with any activity that also allows for group bitching and get the same effect.

No you idiot.

Nah man, never. It's a simple pleasure of dopamine release, and honestly, a running dopamine release feels 100x better.

You smoke a stick when pressure happens and it just produces nicotine to pass into your system, over the pressure. Then once the high passes you still have an accumulation of pressure + withdrawal.

I'm getting really micro here but hey, trying to save you.

Here I am about 3,000 cigs in. Fuck what can I say.

This. Just take xanax (the most Veeky Forums drug of them all).

They say heart disease and lung cancer are great stress-reducers

Rich people smoke. Jim Simons, founder of Renaissance Technologies, smokes.

So yes. I think it is a good way to deal with stress.

smoking is terrible.

if you think you absolutely need some kind of substance calming you down and it *has* to be nicotine - why add tar, stench, yellow teeth, lung cancer, etc?
just vape or better yet, use nicotine gum or patches to get your fix without the vast majority of the negative side effects.

the problem isn't nicotine itself. the problem is the horribly inefficient, expensive and unhealthy vector - smoking is simply retarded. it's 2016. there's no reason to smoke with all the superior alternatives available.

or, you know, just don't smoke...

Just start lifting

Only poor people do not value their life

How is it the most Veeky Forums drug of all? I take it occasionally and I can't remember half the shit that happens when I'm on them. Can't imagine doing anything productive on em.

Chewing tobacco significantly increases your chance of getting mouth/throat related cancer

Don't start if you don't need too.

It also turns you into a goddamn sexual tyranosaurus.

The stress relief and hence effect comes from the deep breathing to inhale, hold and exhale the smoke. This is combined with the stress relief effect of sucking on the cigarette. Just like kids suck their thumb.

Just breathe deeply whenever you're stressed. Then suck your thumb if you're still stressed. Suck dick for more synergies (although scraping knees can be stressful)

How do I get and make mate in the us? Always wanted to try it

smoking is a social ritual and if it is one your higher ups do, it is informal networking.

A friend of mine is a surgeon and he smokes half a pack a day. The head cardiologist at his hospital smokes a carton a week

When he asked the cardiologist why he smokes so much he said "There are worse ways to die."

Cigarettes not so much...

But I was at a cigar lounge today and 1 cigar later I'd met a litigation attorney, reformed alcoholic and the store owner seemed to know everything going on in the whole city.

I'd propose smoking cigars is the best $10-$20 you can spend as far as networking goes