/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=pYk_zkA19Nw

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682190594&searchtext=
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683145075
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/weapon-hit-formula-tested.933323/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for do Swarmer Missiles work?

the sector AI just depressed me when I realised the reason I had no energy credit surplus was because all my planets had level 1 farms in every square, I stopped playing until they update this.

Roughly half my total pops are robots, I'm about to finish Sentient AI, will there be any problems?

Just change the defines file so that you can have as many core planets as you want.

It takes more micro but it gives you shit to do late game.

It wi take some time unfortunately but paradox is going to release a big patch next week.

The funny part is I can imagine this is due to the sector ai not having a programmed exception if the planet's population is capped so it sees its no longer growing and starts building farms everywhere

So what happens if you terraform a planet with pre ftl or stone age primitives on it?

Yep.

>just did a SMAC game out of nostalgia
>that tech tree
>techs become more exciting as you go on and open new possibilities
>meanwhile in Stellaris as you go on, techs become more boring
wew lad

>first habitable planet I find in a new game
>size 25
>get an anomaly when I survey it
>100 xp and industrious trait to my scientist; +12 mineral tile to the planet
>planets mixed trait is completely offset by my species bonus of +10% habitability and my ethos trait of fanatically spirituous
>Size 23 gaia world the next system over unsurveyed

They all die.

I don't understand how they could not at least have attempted to fix that
Their entire workday consists of shitty office MP sessions after all

>planet size mattering
>at all
>wanting to get cucked by the diminishing return jew

>diminishing returns

Does resource production actually have diminishing returns?

Any else getting the bug where whenever you engage an enemy fleet/station the front two ships of your fleet seperate from the main force and advance, while the rest stay behind indefinitely leading to an unwinnable stalemate if the enemy has longer range/is immobile?

The factions that arise due to non sectored space is annoying
Hopefully soon
Its nuts, i Dont understand how this wasnt spotted, its like they never did a full play through using all their AI

So I joined a federation and soon the AI president started a war with an empire on the other side of the galaxy. That shit wasn't getting resolved and I wanted to go on my own warpath without waiting 20 years for my presidency each time; so I left the federation. Except the same unwinnable war is still waging and I'm still getting the war happiness penalty.

Any way to resolve this besides actually winning the war?

no

no but research has a diminishing return the more pops you have. So colonizing a 25 tile planet will in the long run hurt your research even if you filled it with nothing but research labs

planet size matters during the early game for sheer yield and the mid-late game for energy hubs and mineral processing plants cumulative percentage boosts

you can just use console commmand "warscore" to give you 100 and then negotiate whatever peace.

I'm loving the fuck out of this game, but it feels like there is more broken content than content that works as intended.

That's not how diminishing returns work.

It's 2% per pop, I'd really like you to calculate in which situation an entire 25 tile planet filled with research labs is actually bad for your research speed

Thanks, I'll try that.

Isn't that just the way Offensive/Defensive ship computer modules work?

can anyone upload the "Animaris" Mod to MEGA or something other than steam?

Mod Link:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682190594&searchtext=

Why are people freaking out over synths? Shit research, terrible energy production.

defensive fleets stay in formation and slowly advance unless they are already within range, but there is a bug where they actually begin to twitch in place without moving or attacking at all. the bug can also occur when ships are already in attacking range.

i don't know if the beautiful battles mod actually fixes this problem, but it visually appears to, and i incidentally having experienced it occurring since then? YMMV of course

>not playing eternal god empress Rei Ayanami
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683145075

>So colonizing a 25 tile planet will in the long run hurt your research even if you filled it with nothing but research labs
you're dumb

actually with cumulative percentage boosts size 25 planets are probably more useful to tall play than they hinder it
or for wide play as core worlds because tiny research worlds make better sector planets anyway

It is already part of the big big Stellaris Mod Archive(see OP)

just find the folder with the mods steam id(682190594)

>sluttiest bitch
>slow breeder

those are robots
synths dont have any problem with either of those things so you should absolutely invest your research time into getting them as early as possible.

Just encountered the Unbidden for the first time. They pushed my shit in resoundingly. I now realise why the Fallen have always been so narky about me using Jump Drives.

I'm gonna go try get them again, this time with bigger, meaner guns.

how the fuck do you give a tiny research world to a sector without the AI immediately overriding everything?

>implying

>make it to late game
>game time starts to slowdown or freeze

God I can't wait for a fix for this.

And don't forget how easily they can colonize shit, you should make entire planets just with synths

Neolithic don't have pops on the planet. Terraforming is fine

How do you do that? i have trait changing the number in 00_defines, but then the game just crash

Give them all the rights, leadership, equality, etc.

And hope that certain event happens before revolt.

>+12 mineral tile to the planet
Like finding a STC holy shit that's awesome.

I purged a planet of all of its pops except a robot and now no pops grow there, I can't colonize it either

wat do

set the building plan to not overwrite buildings
unless there's a food/energy/mineral shortage the AI wont
if there's an energy/mineral shortage you can counter it by contributing in lots of 100 out of the general storage

>>set the building plan to not overwrite buildings
>unless there's a food/energy/mineral shortage the AI wont
It will.
It did for me. Multiple times.

build more robots

>Woman leader

>countless event chains broken
>evasion broken (corvette spam)
>accuracy broken (100% bug) making all balance and battle mods a joke
>sector mechanic broken
>sector graphic ugly
>several notifications take you to place, not window you need
>AI can't handle slaves
>AI can't handle robots
>AI empires don't act against late game enemies
>UI can't scale
>mod window fucked
>war score is retarded
>ships clip into each other to make blob fleet
>battles = blobs blobbing into each other
>chasing enemy fleet
>occupy planet but don't capture it
>planetary warfare boring shit
>can't glass enemy planet
>no midgame
>no economy
>no trade
>no diplomacy
>late game crisis triggers (or not) and that's it
>trading star charts removes anomalies to research
what did I miss

you can use the console to take the planet and resettle an organic pop there if it's bugged. if resettling doesn't work, then yr fucked buddy

do it with notepad++ and it won't crash.

You forgot
>Armor as percentage instead of flat reduction

do you guys allow title redevelopment?

I can't even figure out how to build robots once I research them.

Help I can't get mods to work. Does the descriptor stay in the folder or not? How come when it's in the folder it doesn't show up on the mod screen on the launcher?

it's 0.2% per pop

wrong, if you build a lot of labs you're still going to be faster

>accuracy broken (100% bug)
What's that? Also:
>can't settle barren or gas planets at all
>can't destroy planets or create new ones from asteroid fields

Go straight to the system with unbidden portal with two fleet. One must be evasion corvettes. Let evasion corvette fleet grab all of the aggression while your second fleet destroy the portal.

No need for big guns. 30k was more than enough.

Hmm thanks mister wizard, can i ask another thing? How do i instal the mods in the archive? They dont seen to work for me, i need to purge the xenos in name of the Holy Emperor!

So how do you beat empires with equivalent strength but better tech? They'll always be ahead.

Can you guys share the 1.0.3 patch?

>>can't settle barren or gas planets at all
>>can't destroy planets or create new ones from asteroid fields
That's really more "man this feature would be cool" and not "holy fuck why is this even broken?"

It is still your planet bro, that is why you cannot colonize it. Resettle an organic race or built more robots.

orbital colonies would be badass

Combat is literally rock paper scissors. See what they're using then field the direct counter.

purge the robots and you can recolonize it if you're too low on influence to resettle

only use corvettes

armor pen if they use armor, torpedoes if they use shields

AI is too dumb to field enough point defense

This game needs more absurd tech. Rare techs you get from surveys and stuff is nice. More rare and powerful tech would be awesome.

I'm not saying I disagree (we all know how bare-bones this game is) but the guy was mostly posting broken shit

>>accuracy broken (100% bug)
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/weapon-hit-formula-tested.933323/

maybe related to
>>Armor as percentage instead of flat reduction
it's as if they changed the battle mechanics last minute and left some stuff on percentage, some is additive, some is multiplication... it's all over the place and doesn't make sense

>sector mechanic broken
But it's not

>stacking slavery modifiers creating permanently happy slaves who produce insane resources
>multiplayer influence drain exploits
>research storage (mechanic with no in game reference) doesn't actually work
>migration frequently breaking pop growth and leaving ghost pops that can't be moved or grown
>planet, sector, and vassal rebellion mechanics broken leading to infinite mega blobs with 0 consequence
>fanatic collectivist
>fanatic collectivist
>fanatic collectivist
>corvettes

>patch breaks mods that fix the game
>the patch itself doesn't provide the fixes the now broken mods did

Assuming a trivial best case scenario (all population is researching and producing an average of 2 science per type (assuming an equal distribution of all 3 lab types)), we can use the following formula to determine research time.

r = (y(1+(0.02)(x-10))) / (5+2x)

Where r is the research time, y is the research cost, and x is the population.

y(1+(0.02)(x-10)) is the total cost of the research, taking into account all populations greater than or equal to 10.

5+2x is the total production of research (assuming no research speed or production modifiers, and no research stations).

What's interesting to note, however (assuming I set this function up properly), is that this is a negative (but decreasing) slope for all positive research costs, meaning research actually goes faster as your population increases. However, at an increase of greater than 0.08 (8%), the function becomes positve (but decreasing), meaning further population growth slows down research speed (but at a decreasing rate).

At all denominators of form 5+nx, where n is less than 2 (to represent the proportion of the population occupied with research), this slope holds.

However, this is very counter-intuitive to what happens in game, so I'm almost positive I made a mistake somewhere.

TL;DR: Either I'm fucking retarded, or having a bigger population occupied in research is a a good idea.

>AI is too dumb to field enough point defense

this is not true at all, missiles are actually pretty fucking terrible against most ai because they use lots of ships (corvettes) which increases the chance for plenty of PD to be around.

AI redevelops tiles when do not redevelop is selected. That's pretty big.

I got that. But I am still having a lot of fun though. Some parts of the game hit right buttons for me.

I am really triggered from that genetically enchanted main race counts as xenos.

>
>>>Armor as percentage instead of flat reduction
>it's as if they changed the battle mechanics last minute and left some stuff on percentage, some is additive, some is multiplication... it's all over the place and doesn't make sense

Yep. This one is retarded too. Percentage armor was really bad decision.

>no fleet formations
>no "damaged ships at the back of the formation" option with wedges being the default formation (utter madness in space)
>no "most hull/shield power ships lead" (only reason to use a wedge)
>no skirmish option (admittedly range is powerful enough)
>no option to disengage and get outside of the system to FTL
>no option to enter FTL the slow way in the middle of an engagement
this game has given me flashbacks to pre-disharmony endless space and I do not like it

Fuck if I know, I haven't bothered with mods yet.

I wonder what would be some names for future DLCs:

>Three Laws: more in-depth stuff involving robots
>The Mule: extends the endgame, allows you to play one of your previous games as another race, possibly meeting your old civilization as a Fallen Empire
>Pax Galactica: more internal politics, extended diplomacy, trade
>Devil's Toys: adds crazy endgame tech. Planet destroyers, able to move stars, ect

>Got the "get aliens for the zoo" quest
>Can't finish it because one of the xenoanimals is in a planet i already found some precursor relics

>sectors not broken shill
>paradox already admitted it's fucking broken
>paradox tells us to disable it by modding the game files until they fix it
>the fucking dev says it's broken
>you still claim it's working
are you shitposting or retarded?

Open the number folder e.g "682190594" and move the zip to Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod. If you dont have a mod folder then make one.

That folder is where your zip files go.
It is also where you will create a text file with the .mod extension with this in it.

name="Mod name"

path="mod\examplemod.zip"

tags={

"tag"

}

supported_version="1.0.0"

And then like I said before save it as a .mod file.

See pic for how it should be.

It is.
I don't specialize planets, and usually build labs on science tiles and rarely other places.
And even then I keep up easily, having the research time of my cheapest end game techs at around 30-35 months in both games where I played well into the endgame.
I am sure I'd be even faster if I did specialized research planets that also follow the planetary bonuses.

AI redevelops tiles when do not redevelop is selected to avoid entering budget deficit

What? Just right click the exclamation mark from inside the solar system.

No, you're right. As long as the average research produced by an individual is more than 2% of your research produced without pops, higher pop counts produce more efficient research than lower pop counts.

You're simplifying too much when you say "all population is researching"
But that aside, research will go faster if you add researching pops until you hit the point where the penalty outgrows the added research, i.e. once another pop adds less than 2% of your total research, it will be worse for your empire
I think that means at 100+ research production your research speed will always go down (ignoring modifiers and stations, like you said) but I suck at maths

>get to current endgame tech
>BS size weapons and then nothing but %damage or production increases

>once another pop adds less than 2% of your total research
You're treating it like 1.02^(n-10) instead of 1+.02(n-1).

Isn't the most important thing here the base cost? I mean the 2% increase is of the base cost of the technologies researched?
So shouldn't you look at how fast the base cost of the repeatable technologies is increasing to see if increasing the population can keep up with it?

Wait, it's an additive increase of 2% to the base cost for every pop instead of exponential? That's ridiculous, why is my research getting slower then?

Interspliced with;
>portrait packs,
>ship aesthetic packs,
>music packs
>addons where you get to play AI/Swarm/Extradimensional pricks.

>thrifty

>>research storage (mechanic with no in game reference) doesn't actually work
how is it even supposed to work? and if it doesn't actually work, what am I hunting down anomalies and debris for?

When you get to repeatable techs the game is pretty much over anyway

Planet destroying weapons should be in from the start of the game and progressively get less effective as every civilization develops countermeasures
Planet busting kinetic kill weapons aren't difficult to make or conceptualize
Biological and chemical weaponry similarly aren't advanced concepts
This game is too concerned with balance and has forgotten fun.