Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EOV Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
mega.nz/#!SghiWI6J!SyUwZs2X9oLHP-rfmVvF_j0QjeI1lA2HSrU4C6qs0eY (Nico stream)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/xivg/
foolz.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Etrian Odyssey General/order/asc/
foolz.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/eog/text/etrian/order/asc/
foolz.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/eog/text/eo/.
foolz.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/etrian/page/10/
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/eog etrian/
foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/45805320/#q45805320
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/111209632/
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/111268980/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

are the faggots from /ink/ spamming the board again?

Was the last thread autosaging or was I just too late? I saw the thread three threads from being pruned, so I made a post to admonish you all for your lazy bumping, and was told I couldn't reply to the thread.

>archived in 20 minutes
Veeky Forums what the fuck.

I don't want us to die.

See boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/xivg/

Epic

What the fucking fuck.

why

>King Grimoire hunting

11th for big tits

You're 10th idiot
Actual 11th for big ASS

Your kind is not wanted here.

It's sad how Himukai doesn't draw nearly enough ass.

>boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/xivg/
Of course this fucking cancerous general would do this. Its no fucking wonder people have generals of this game on /v/ all the time.

We already have Teach's ass

Honestly, I think it's time for us to migrate to /nintyg/

>eog killed by FFXIVg
heh

Poor Eve Online General. Very unlike our Etrian Odyssey General.

:3c

>Mama Mia general
No thanks

me likey super marmar!

I went to that general for a few months when I got that final fantasy itch.

There is always waifu wars over there, some Thread Police faggot spams generals to get the real one nuked whenever he decides enough is enough of waifus. Thats actually what one autist did to /ink/ last week, spams threads to get the real thread nuked.

babt historian over here.

>he thinks babt is the only one who does this
welcome to Veeky Forums

Why did you delete?

this is /eog/

This is /meiQ/

I almost want to replay this, but then remember it's obtuse as fuck

This is Etrian Odyssey General. We ditched the tag because we got raided by another general who wanted to absorb us, turns out they were faggots through the through. Their general died out and we never used the tag "/eog/" again. However, "/eog/" is used by EVE Online General

Welcome to the thread. Enjoy your stay.

I don't ever remember that. I remember the Arma 2 general going full autist when our OP used to have "a2g" in a link which caused them to spam us in order to get rid of it

>We ditched the tag because we got raided by another general who wanted to absorb us, turns out they were faggots through the through. Their general died out and we never used the tag "/eog/" again.
foolz.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Etrian Odyssey General/order/asc/
foolz.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/eog/text/etrian/order/asc/
Please don't make up crazy stories. /eog/ has always been Eve Online.

Nah your kind is not wanted here you fake boob lover. Burn in hell for hating big oppai.

I remember shitposting about "neo eog" when SSQ was first announced

I never said EVE Online was never /eog/, but this general had /eog/ in the OP for a long time until the other dungeon crawlers tried to invade us.

There was a time where we were /eog/. Probably not showing on the archive because of the purge.

Its a shitty game to contain all the degenerates. I'm not surprised its shitty self is spilling out and ruining other generals. Just look at all the Brownie hating faggots that have gone on and on about them being lalafells. XIVfags need to kaishaku.

>Himukai need to kaishaku.

No, this thread did not have /eog/ in the OP. See foolz.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/eog/text/eo/. It's happened 3 times because of stupid OPs, and people complained bitterly every time. You can go through all the threads in the archive if you don't believe me. There are no periods that aren't accounted for.

>until the other dungeon crawlers tried to invade us
We tried making the threads EO and miscellaneous dungeon crawlers because they were barely surviving. Eventually, discussion for other dungeon crawlers split off. There was never any sort of invasion.

I want to play it for the atmosphere

fireden doesn't have everything. /eog/ has been a general since at least 2012

Not him but foolz.fireden uses the backup from archive.moe. It does actually have stuff from 2012.
foolz.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/etrian/page/10/

>a lot of those really old threads were just me samefagging

Please, don't remind me.

While miscellaneous dungeon crawler fans didn't invade, that's because they've been with us all along. There was a month or so where a handful got unreasonably salty about this general being called Etrian Odyssey General and being too focused on Etrian Odyssey, and tried to rename it to Dungeon Crawler General. That didn't work out because most of the posters didn't give a shit, and a handful of contrarians kept making Etrian Odyssey Generals. So they split off to their own general with their preferred name, which then died due to lack of interest.

haha! suck my smega caked NEETcock vita shitters

All i found was boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/eog etrian/ which is weird i'm pretty sure I was putting /eog/ on the subject back then.

foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/45805320/#q45805320
It's only one thread but it seems we did refer to ourselves as /eog/

>looking through the threads
>we were begging for EO5 when U was announced

Your creativity is impressive, but none of that except for the general dungeon crawling part splitting off into its own thread that died ever happened.

No need to argue because it's all in the archive

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/111209632/
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/111268980/

OST when

read the OP

_______ the Ricky!

LOVE

Tricky the Ricky into getting the Dicky.

Quickie

How would you quickie the Ricky?

I don't think Ricky needs that kind of love!

I don't think you need to do much tricky to give Ricky the dicky and make her sticky.

>How would you quickie the Ricky?
I'd exchange her Heal Bullets with sharp ones, she'd shoot her legs (who in their right mind would aim for the head?) when she tries to heal herself resulting in a Leg Shot and she'll be bound.
I'd then proceed to love her until the effect wears off, then I'd run away.

Flicky the Ricky on the nose!

Do you think Ricky would end up enjoying that?

Agreed!

>beat so hard she shits out her organs
Jesus, poor Ricky.

I can't believe I never noticed that detail before.

is fred dead?

Does that mean you'll post cute stuff of Ricky instead of her being horribly maimed, maybe?
it hurts seeing my Waifu being beat to death so often.

A couple medicas and she'll be back to normal.

Should have gotten a waifu with survival skills.

It isn't exactly her fault that people love picking on Ricky specifically for their Guro stuff!

Troubadour slut was back all along and we didn't know it.

Fred's dead, baby.

>boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/xivg/
>Not only FFXIV killed EOV
>Now is trying to kill this general too
Help

How did it kill V?

Too bad she looks like she's 5 years old.

Post more recolours.
I NEEEEED Twintails Reaper's recolor.

>raquna's face
Oh damn.. makes me feel sad knowing I will never make her happy designing the first shield fist weapons for her

I'm loving this one.

The Herbalist with the orange hat is cute too.

Oh, he was memeing about the fact lots of EO5's artwork is based around FF14.

Himukai has been playing A LOT of FF14 recently, and he also got contracted for another SquareEnix game whos.. name escapes me right now.

You mean that arcade card game he did a single piece of card art for?

link

Continue, friendo.
I might use this bunny over Sarashi due to my crippling love of hair decs

>older herbalist girl gets a pumpkin hat
Oh geez

It's her fault for being so cute.

Can't there be more of Ricky being happy?
Every time she gets hurt I get sad, user. ;-;

>you will never be able to report someone for being an autistic waifufag

kill ricky

Arianna pls

Ricky doesn't deserve happiness.

Penetrating the Ricky!

You just never paid enough attention, user.

>making a break through EOU B30F
>finally get past Nether Tortoise without alerting it
>dodging Depth Dancers frantically, but they catch me inevitably
>have to bind its legs and Stunning Smash its Red Corpuscles to get away by the skin of my teeth
>accidentally alert the Bane Dragon, but it doesn't block my path, so I'm fine
>make a mad dash for the door
>bad movement gets me caught by Depth Dancer from behind - Bane Dragon joins it a turn later
>they kill everyone except Protector, who manages to escape
>door's two steps away - take a step to the left
>Depth Dancer spawns in front of the door

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Ah, all is as it should be in the Yggdrasil Labyrinth.

>the cutest girl in EOV is an NPC
Why, god?

I'm so sorry for taking so long with this. Combination of not being able to work on it as often as I'd like and it taking longer than I thought it would. Anyway, everything's been cleaned and redrawn. I just need help with text choices now.

Few notes:
>Changed Thunderclap Swordsman to Thunderbolt Swordsman, because Webster gives one definition as "A person or thing that resembles lightning in suddenness, effectiveness, or destructive power." I think it fits and sounds better.
>I needed to swap the position of the comic title and the part that says "An EO5 comic." I'm almost certain it'll be impossible to make whatever title I use fit in that small space and look good
>Likewise, I ditched the black drop shadow for the green text because it was messing with legibility.
>I'm still really hesitant to change "choose between" for "choose one of" or an equivalent. I was always taught to use between for binary choices, and Googling it just brings up a bunch of linguists arguing with each other over what's proper. If you feel it's what's best, though, I'll give.

The main two things I need are a title and a good translation for 剣ぶんぶん子ちゃん. For the title, would "Titling Odyssey" work, since the Japanese one is a riff on 世界樹の迷宮? Translating the class title change is giving me a ton of issues, too. I think I understand what the original is going for, but I don't know how to make it sound good in English. I'm just going to paste my Notepad file I've been using for brainstorming in the next post.

Also, I hand-lettered the Beep sound effect, but I think I'm just going to use a font for the title to get this out sooner.

Cropped Japanese for reference.

As for the Notepad. I know most of them are bad. The reason why I'm just throwing out everything is because I'm hoping it might give someone else an idea.

---

剣ぶんぶん子ちゃん

---
COMPONENTS

剣 - Word for Sword/Saber
ぶんぶん - Swing/shake onomatopoeia
子ちゃん - Diminutive version of girl/child

---
FEELINGS

Childish-sounding
Lame
Uncool
Unflattering

---
MAIN TAKEAWAY

Title basically means "You're just a girl who swings a sword around" without being mean or malicious.
It's just stating the facts as Masurao sees them, and that doesn't line up with Fencer's dreams of coolness.
It's like calling an "illustrious illustrator" a doodler.

---
SPITBALLS

Cutty Cut-Lass: Rapiers don't do that much cutting, and a cutlass isn't a rapier.
Broad (with a) Sword: Mean, not really childish. Fencers don't use broadswords.
Ms. Stabby/Little Miss Stabby: You usually only talk like this when you're much older than the other person
Rapier Twit/Halfwit: Mean. Not gendered.
Ms. Stabs-A-Lot: I dunno.
Pokey-Girlie: Incomprehensible.
Girly Poker: What?
Pokey-Missy/Stabby-Missy: Missy who stabs/pokes and misses a lot? As weird as Pokey-Girlie.
Sword Waver/Wavy Saby: Not good.
Sword Waggler: It's not a wiimote.
Merrier Parrier: Merrier than what?
Sword Flapper: Flapper girl who flaps a sword. Anachronistic, and don't want some of the connotations.
Dainty Feinty: Sounds girlish and childish, but there's no noun, so I don't know if it works as a title.

What is everyone's favorite 6th stratum in terms of art direction/music? I really love the forbidden woods, as far as music though, my favorite would be Halls of Darkness, its so spooky.

It's a tradition.

>futanna no meikyuu
What does this mean? Why not Sekaiju?
And why can't you just put EO5 where it says SQ5?
Great job, otherwise.