/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls & Indivisible)

Where the hell is the /lzg/ edition

Previous Thread: →

>INDIVISIBLE STUFF

>NEWS FEEDS
>Indivisible Stream Ajna moves update
>youtube.com/watch?v=4op0iSt4aZE
Skullgirls 2nd Encore Upgrade is out! Comes with voiced story mode, challenges, trials and survival mode!
Official Website: indivisiblegame.com/index.php?page=0
Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCSvJctUjDhlGS3jFwlhSB-g/feed?&ab_channel=IndivisibleRPG

>LATEST NEWS
New video from Lab Zero
youtu.be/qsE4qdHSTyY

>SKULLGIRLS STUFF

BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT INFINITE COMBOS, WATCH THIS: youtube.com/watch?v=iKsyy_RhN_4

>FOR NEW PLAYERS:
Combos to get you started: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/general-bnb-compendium.4072/
New to Fighting Games: pastebin.com/hnvQMbXz

Skullgirls Info: wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls
Steam Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/245170/guides/

>FAQ AND OTHER INFO:
FAQ: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/skullgirls-faq-updated-to-not-be-ancient.386/
Steam Chart: steamcharts.com/app/245170
/sgg/ album: mediafire.com/download/9b02vpj9vvot9x2/sgg album.zip

>FORUMS:
Official Skullgirls Forum: skullheart.com
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/SaltCrossPuns
For Australians: steamcommunity.com/groups/SGAUTZ
Skullheart IRC: client01.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#skullgirls&server=irc.mizuumi.net '

>GAME UPDATES: (Game is done being updated but we can keep this I guess)
Live Patch Notes: steamcommunity.com/games/245170/announcements/
Beta Patch Notes: steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/

>OFFICIAL MERCH:
EightySixed: eightysixed.com/collections/skullgirls
Sanshee: sanshee.com/

>OFFICIAL STREAMS:
Lab Zero (Random), Salty! or Rebel Up (Fridays), Saturday Night Salt
skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?streams

Other urls found in this thread:

orig04.deviantart.net/ffd1/f/2016/138/0/5/how_beatiful_she_is__by_kuroirozuki-da2wpur.jpg
reddit.com/r/Skullgirls/comments/4jk4ks/skullgirls_get_gr8_weekly_post_week_of_may_21_2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>last thread was won't let /lzg/ die edition
>it died

>Got bumped off the catalog by thread spam yet again
Such is life in /lzg/

was it autism?

holy shit
i was out to eat and missed all that

Well if if it was thread spam I guess I can't blame you guys for letting it die

Someone should watch out for this happening again tho

Nothing we can do but rise from the ashes. Over and over and over again.

what's everyone doing tonight?
who's everyone's favorite indivisible character based on design?

>Marie, exasperated, reviving her /lzg/ army over and over because we keep dying
Ain't got shit to do until Saturday so planning to relearn vidya until morning.

Leilani, Zahra, Tatanka and Narssus are close for favorite design, but ahead of most others by a considerable margin.

It died?!

Hang on to your hat.

I'm an Ajna boy. The more Aj for me, the better.
Also gonna rock that team with Zahra and Hassam.
Love me some flamethrowers and Himba girls!

Oh man, there were a lot of good pics on the last thread too. A guy posted SG cel prints and everything.

Pls go back and look if you missed it.

I need more Patricia alts.

hang on to your fat

I forget why they had them.
They may have been duplicates or something.

Mike and Render said I could take them.

I guess I'll post them again.

I'd hold cerebella's fat stores quite eagerly.

Please do, those things are amazing.

The Valentine one and Filia's Fenrir frame are the coolest but I forgot to take a photo.

yay! thank you!
they look so good!

i was thinking of filia
or double's fleshy hips

I'm guessing you had to cut some of the cels in order to position them in the frame like that?
I believe to keep things simple, they had to print all of the cels in a one-size-fits-all frame size, so
some of them had a fair amount of empty space.

I've never seen one in person, so I don't know for sure. I'm just assuming based on other people's photos.

Super important question!

Did you get any Ms. Fortune ones?

Yeah the last posts in that thread were pretty interesting

it died way too early

If you look at the first and second one, you can see those lines where the edges of the cells are ending against the white.

So no I didn't cut them all I just shoved a bunch in one place so they're sticking out kinda and ending at weird places.

Each one is printed on a standard size plastic sheet.

The other ones I took are Bella, Filia and an Egret.
I left the Fortune ones because she is extremely loud and annoying and her DP, metergain and damage are bs lol.
Worst girl.

>Didn't take free cels w/ frames cuz of Worst girl.

Hellooo? Rare exclusive prints?? EBAY???
You missed out man!

Too much work.
I don't think I'd make much from them + shipping from Canada is annoying.

I'm just giving them to my friends.

>Fortune
>bs DP

maybe like two years ago when it was still invincible while she was headless

It's a DP you have to jump into and space yourself really well in order to stop her from jumping away.

Like Updo just turned into a super jump that would be silly.

I'm really not fond of it.

>decide to get Skullgirls because I've always kind of wanted to play it, even though I'm not all that good with fighters anyway
>got it mainly because I saw that Eliza was out
>I'm really piss poor with her, but I love how she looks
>decide to try out Beowulf
>fall in love

God damn grapple characters always get me. From the looks of it Beowulf and Eliza might work well together, since he builds up meter well, and she chews through it well.

>disgusting draconian
>worshipping the trinity

Beo Butchers is really really good.
It's Oki on knockdown from your press, and it holds them in place from any blocked hit like jHP so you can do the slick stuff with hop dash / low / throw.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could ToD an assist in a happy birthday in 2v3 for two bars with his damage too.

okay, I understood... "press"and "jHP"and that's about it.
I don't know any of the fighting game jargon, or at least what you're using for it.

As is usually my problem with these games, it's finding normal combots to go into my specials. It seems LP > LK > MK/MP > HK/HP works well, but I can't seem to get the crouching attacks into it which is probably just me not pressing the buttons at the right time.

Still, I may be losing a lot, but I'm having fun with what I'm doing in game, and that's what matters to me.

Ah okay.

So when you go into grab mode vs someone from:
Chairless sHP
cMK (When they are knocked down)
Chairless jHP
Command Grab
Regular Grab
Quarter Circle Backwards + Two Kicks (Jumping grab super)
360 Grab

You can end with different finishers.
The finisher where you jump into the air and land on them (Down + Punch) I think it's called Canis Major?
Is a hard knock down.

This means the opponent doesn't get to roll left or right and they get up slowly.
When you do that vs someone, you can call your Butchers Blade assist with the knives to come stab them as soon as they get up.

As they are getting up you also hit them low (cLK/sLK) or high (Dash > jLP/jLK).

This gives you "Oki" which means that you are covered and safe from a lot of different options once the opponent gets up.
If the opponent tries to reversal, the Butchers Blade assist is armoured so it will end up countering their attack.
If the opponent doesn't reversal, they are forced to block your high or low mix up as soon as they wake up which is EXTREMELY difficult to block on reaction because of how fasts Beowulfs overheads are.

You can also call your Butchers Blade assist as soon as you touch anyone with any normal.
So if you do jHP (With Chair) and they block it and pushblock you out, you can call your assist to stab them while they block it after the pushblock you.
This gives you enough time to dash back in and wait for the knives to end so that you can go High / Low again.
Because your assist is hitting them, and not you, they can't pushblock you out again so they are forced to guess on that high low mix up or reversal.

Maybe this is even more confusing but this is a little of a breakdown on how Butchers Blade assists helps Beowulf apply his high low mix up.

If we had that SFV input lag, strats like that would be unstoppable.

God bless Mike Z for 3F of input delay, and sometimes 2.

Rashid's tornado works the same way.

Ah, okay, I didn't know what "beo butchers" was, and also didn't know that you could use Eliza's attack as an assist. I guess that's what the Custom Action thing is. I've not actually used more than one character much. Like I said I'm really just trying to understand how to do one character.

My biggest problem has always been not pressing the buttons fast enough, I guess? Like, there's one lesson in the game where you have to do like LP > LK > c.LK and I can't get the crouching attack to work, or the follow ups for launchers I'm bad at because I jump and attack but can't seem to hit them like nine times out of ten.

I think I've figured out how to do it better though, in trying to get his howl working, is there a term for sliding over the buttons? I've found that works for his taunt, and it would probably help me with other inputs as well.

Eliza's custom assist are great.
Butchers Blade's input is QCB + MP I think. (Quarter Circle Backwards)
It will say 'Butchers Blade, eh?' then you confirm.

You can't do a standing button into the crouching version of the button.
LK > cLK
MK > cMK
cHP > sHP
MP > cMP

Are all not possible.
So you might be reading the tutorial prompt wrong or whatever guide you're using.

If you're missing attacks after launchers, remember that as soon as you jump (1F after the jump starts) you can buffer any attack and it will come out at the soonest possible time.

So just try and hit it early and not late.

Also again whatever combo you're trying to do could also not work on that specific character or weight.
(There are three weight classes: Light, Medium, Heavy.)

Slides are usually.. slides I think?
There's another term for trying to hit a bunch of buttons really fast which is piano.
You can slide if you'd like to, whatever way works best for you.

okay, I didn't know you couldn't go form one move to the crouching version, I'm pretty sure I could do that in blazblue, but it's been a long time since I played that. I did like that the tutorial stuff in that game showed you a bunch of combos though.

The combo chain I gave was kind of a for instance, I don't remember the actual thing I was stuck on. It was one of those lessons that was about getting past a block by mixing in an overhead into crouching attacks, and I could never get the crouching attacks out to get past the guard. basically for Beowulf it never feels like any of my normals are getting chained together. I'll just have to work at it when I have the time.

There are actually some jabs that can combo from standing to crouching and vice versa but Beowulfs LK is not one of those.
(None of Beowulfs buttons do this.)

Double for example can combo sLP into cLP.

Also if your strings aren't connecting, remember that you can go extremely fast for chains.
If you hit LP and then MP one frame after, basically sliding your finger as fast as you can across those two buttons, you'll chain LP and then automatically do MP.

If you do another button during the start up, attacking frames, or recovery frames of a normal that chains from it, it will happen as soon as possible.

Mistakes with chains are usually due to moving to slow and not too fast.
Hope that helps?

I suppose it does, the problem is, I'm too slow.

Thanks for the help, I'll see how things pan out in my play session tomorrow.

that guy in the skullgirls steam forum makes me sad.
he doesn't want to learn, even though people want to help him,
but then he keeps blaming the game for him being bad,
as if he can never get better.

it reminds me of when one of my friends was suicidal,
only thankfully this is just about video games.
still, I don't think it's a healthy mindset.
I hope he can play with somebody who can help him,
or at least drop it and move on in a positive way.

the thing that I've never liked about fighting games has always been how easy it seems to be to just smack someone into a corner and combo them forever until they die.

and I say that was a person who will never get something like that done, and never actually have that done to me.

Just the fact that it's possible always rubbed me as being entirely unfair.

It's not unfair because if you got put into the corner you made a mistake and played poorly and your opponent took advantage of it.

Nothing is unfair in fighting games.
Everything that happens is your own fault and you could have prevented it.

That's what makes them beautiful.

I say this as a tournament player.

Being put in the corner and dying it is okay because that means I fucked up and now I have to pay the price.
It's unfair to start in the corner, but you start in the middle of the stage.

you seem more focused on the corner thing, rather than someone being able to combo someone from 100% to 0 with the other player seemingly being able to do nothing, which was the thrust of my post.

So when a kickboxer pressures his opponent into a corner and hits him until he goes down he's being unfair?

These are fighting games. You gotta be ready for your opponent. If you're not in good enough shape to beat the better guy, you gotta hit the gym and practice.

Watch the video I made which is stickied to the top of every OP.

100% to 0% requires very heavy hitting teams in a 2v3 with 3 bars at MINIMUM.
This means your opponent has one less character (assist) than you, and also built 3 bars without losing a character, and then opened you up, and runs a specific line up that allows this damage.
(Cerebella Big Band for example)

Anything else requires more meter and more specific junk.

Anything less than that and it is not a touch of death.
You have time to block and defend against the mix up to prevent you from dying, even in the corner.
You can also spend meter and use reversals to get out of bad situations.

I hope you realize that everything you're saying is meaningless to me. the fact that the ability exists in the game is, to me, a major flaw of the genre, and should be gotten rid off.

There are a lot of games with Touch of Deaths.
This is nothing new to Skullgirls.

Skullgirls doesn't even have true touch of deaths because you can only touch of death one character, and you can't touch of death a solo.
So there's always a second or third character to come in and play after.
If there wasn't then you Touch of Deathed one single character and the opponent got to play with their other one or two characters.

It takes way more than two touches to ToD an entire team to win the round.
It can take two touches to kill a character in Street Fighter.

If someone wants to blow all their resources and use a specific line up to kill one out of multiple characters, that's fine.
You don't have to like it.

>watch streams and shit of skullgirls tournaments
>literally every single person has some kind of furry eared hat and tails

when did I buy a furry game?

not who you're talking to but what's a "touch of death" specifically in these games? jargon seems to have changed since I last played a fighting game.

is an "Oki" wake up? do people not use keypad directions? is there any reason to only using one character in this game?

Touch of death is a combo that kills a character.

Oki is when you set up a things to make your opponents wake up weaker.
Such as having a fireball pass over top of them when they wake up, or setting up traps for them to make it harder for them to deal with.

I use keypad direction like 623 for my notation.

One character is strong and powerful with lots of health and damage but no assists actions.
They can heal with a snapback to get 66% red life back.
Most people player teams of Duo or Trio.

what is a SnapBack?

QCF + Two mediums or Two Heavies.

It changes the opponents characters and heals you in the process.

We can't change the world. Some folks just have to go their own way. These games aren't for everybody.

Only thing that bothers me about people like that forum poster, is when they put Smash on a pedestal. Smash is easy to pickup, so it makes everyone feel like a superstar at first, but really the skill gap between intermediate and high level Smash players is just as wide as games like SG/SF, if not worse. Those guys work their butts off to reach the top. Casuals don't stand a chance.

You can tell when a guy who thought he was tough in Smash shows up to his first tournament. The salt rains hard.

>You can tell when a guy who thought he was tough in Smash shows up to his first tournament. The salt rains hard.
This. Had a bunch of brothers I'd always spar with in Smash, so we were always super competitive about it. Not even our friends could touch the youngest brother in terms of skill. We ran circles around everyone we played against. We were drunk in our own power.

Then I go to another state and challenge a couple of new friends and then I realize how shit I am at the game. Feeling like Goku or Vegeta for years and then going straight to Yamacha tier in one match sucks. It was devastating tbqh. I never recovered until I played Skullgirls. Then I realized I could still enjoy fightan games while sucking at them as long as the waifus were high quality and the story was good.

Fucking weebs! Why do they keep spamming their stupid mango simulator series?

Yeah, that's rough man! I had an experience like yours too. And you're right, it doesn't even have to be a tournament scenario. Sometimes there's just enough talented people mingled around a scene that turn out to be really good, and you show up to a party one night to play and you get bopped like you're just another guy.

The more I ran into those kinds of folks, the more I realized I was just content to play the games casually. I still had fun playing, and I still practiced to suck a bit less, but I learned there was a threshold I wasn't willing to cross anymore. I wasn't worried about winning all the time, and I started taking my losses a lot better.

too much guitars, too much ded

>You can tell when a guy who thought he was tough in Smash shows up to his first tournament.

I was expecting this when I showed up to my first smash tournament and still got hit hard with it
people were punishing all kinds of shit I was used to getting away with

weirdly I performed better in melee than I did in Brawl

Good idea

Man this guy really loves Marie

he posts a new picture like every day

Fullsize orig04.deviantart.net/ffd1/f/2016/138/0/5/how_beatiful_she_is__by_kuroirozuki-da2wpur.jpg

thanks I was being lazy

saving pictures on tumblr is annoying

10/10 flaunting

This guy's Marie drawings never fail to put a smile on my face

What is this

Marie is a fish and trying to show Patricia.

how do you get gud with eliza on solo?

I'd like to know that too...
Or, you know, how to get gud with anyone, at any point...

You could signing up with these guys to find out:
reddit.com/r/Skullgirls/comments/4jk4ks/skullgirls_get_gr8_weekly_post_week_of_may_21_2016/

>Filia's face
I lol'd

that sounds like a good way to trigger my social anxiety. I think I'd rather watch some informative videos instead.

The tutorials in game are not exactly all that good.

>reddit

It's for a good cause

I always found that it's easier to take a loss when you understand why you lost.

When you first start out playing a game, you don't know anything, so everything that kills you seems like bullshit.

Then when you realize that you lost because you didn't block an overhead right, then got comboed into a stagger and grabbed it makes much more sense, and at least for me, is a more enjoyable thing to watch.

Please don't die

>Eliza has an Iset color scheme

bueno.

is valentine firmly a villain?

what do you mean by villain, exactly?

I guess within the narrative, always playing an antagonistic role.
Like Double and Eliza (though obviously not on the same scale) or the Medicis and Brain Drain

She is certainly antagonistic, yes. but she'd be more like an anti-villain/anti-hero.

I want to play bongos on Bella's bottom

>she will never let out little squeals as you bongo drum her butt

>never been good at DPs and charge moves
>all the characters I like in fighting games always make heavy use of them

is there a more depressing feeling?

Her squeaks and grunts are the cutest

The in game tutorials are fine. They're not one-on-one tutoring sessions, tournament experience, or the culmination of hundreds of hours of matches and practice, but they cover all of the basics. People just need to have a full understanding of what the tutorial is telling them.

Like, one of the most important ones is the one for Mix-Ups (Lesson 2.1 I think). Just finishing that tutorial once isn't enough. The key lesson it's teaching is knowing how to defend, right? So, if you're a new player, you should get to the point where you can finish that lesson without ever being hit. Then, you should try doing it 10 times in a row without getting hit, until you can give yourself a mental S++ grade for that lesson. Lot of people say they finished it, but then get opened up by the same simple stuff in matches. That's half the game right there!

And it wouldn't matter if it was Filia or Painwheel in place of the Parasoul for that lesson. What you're doing is training yourself to react to high vs low situations to the point where the act of doing it feels natural. You're looking at when you're opponent leaves the ground, and how your hands feel on the controller when you react appropriately

So the next time you feel your thumbs resting on low block as a habit, you won't be confused what happened when you realize your character just got hit with a jumping attack. Both your eyes and hands will tell you where you messed up.

>defending against mixups lession
>I keep getting knocked out of my block while crouching by a low kick
>happens over and over and over again
>get really super frustrated with it
>turns out my controller just decided I was too far down and not enough back on the stick.