/msg/ - Maplestory General

MAPLE DETECTIVES edition.
Aran and Evan revamp coming soon™.

General Info (Someone fucked with this, please assist in restoring it if you can):
docs.google.com/document/d/1T8cObkaXeOrFRfg_QhxisioyEWdNzGPqe3mUJHEgFF4

Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v171+ (Updates alongside GMS).
aries.elluel.net/

>Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 GMS-like. Dream server.
maple.ellinia.net/

>Dawnveil
4x/1x/2x v169.1 GMS-like.
dawnveil.net/

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals if you're in Windia, Pay2Win, MotherBase or LOVE in Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

uexpress.com/tell-me-a-story/2014/9/21/the-traveling-sacks-of-rice-a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for best girl

2nd for the guild named after best girl

am I in hell? is anyone actually planning on doing this quest 30 times?

I legit thought this was a boy , a faggot boy

The kindergarden one? Doesn't it take like 20 minutes per go? What rewards does it even give?

I think 10 was plausible but 30 times is fucking insane.

Took me about 15, it was still hell. I got 3 hair waxes, the ones that give only 5 ambition

I just did it once (17~18min for me) and it gave me a 3x exp coupon for 30 minutes

gone but not forgotten

So seolie liked the magistrate, but kong ji is forever alone now..?

even if you don't intend to collect feathers you should get the egg for a free teleport rock to gollux

these new events are fucking dogshit

Reminder

hope youre excited for another month of nothing new or exciting I know I am

I'm glad I did the ktown quest line, it was pretty nice. Were they based off of real korean folk stories? What was the first quest about the guy being angry at his brother and hitting him with rice paddles about. And why did they get scared of a cutie like nine tails fox. Was it because fox girls in korean are liver eaters and not kawaii animal girls like japan?

Goodnight guys~
Idunno but i really enjoyed it too.
I like the little things that flesh out the world beyond the scope of "IT'S THE BLACK MAGE/WINGS' FAULT"

Was all the weird features of the maps due to the fire or was there a horrible bug? Because there's shit like floating trees and lines all over the maps

Take screenshots I don't remember

>real korean stories
Yes.
>First quest about the guy beng angry and hitting him with a rice paddle
Probably just being silly, but I'm no gook lore referee.
>nine tailed fox
They're demons that steal souls, user.

This is just one part, it's everywhere in ktown maps

Didn't happen to me, I think you're just glitching out

Fuck these hackers going to maps like mp3 and gallopera where the good exp is. Literally one on every map in mp3 that's a blaze wizard

bumperonni

Yeah they're based off real stories.
That one in english is called "The traveling sacks of rice"
uexpress.com/tell-me-a-story/2014/9/21/the-traveling-sacks-of-rice-a

The other most famous one is Hongbu and Nolbu, the one where the older brother helps the swallow that fell and broke it's leg, gets a gourd filled with treasure. The younger brother breaks the leg of the swallow and helps it, then gets a gourd filled with demons that destroys his crops and stuff.

The reason they're scared of the gumiho is cause nine-tailed foxes in korean lore eat humans. Like they eat your entire body and leave no trace. Stories were that if a nine tailed fox goes a thousand days without eating a human, it, itself, can become human.

Is it possible to make any profit in this game without spending real cash?

Profit as in real money? Probably not.
Profit as in mesos? Easy. Just farm equipment above level 120, turn it into superior crystals, sell.
Make a variety of characters, make sure to farm elites every day.

But to sell don't you need to buy a spot in the market with real money?

And mining when you log off. Bitches love pearls

You earn points by killing bosses and after you get enough you spend them on a 1 day market stand. Usually do it over the weekend . It's up a whole 24h. It's also how you buy water of life to keep a pet alive since you get a free one every 2 months or so

Do any of you play with a gamepad?
Is it viable at least sometimes?

Depends on the class. It seems like it would be really good with aran, but it's actually really bad.

It seems like it would be really bad with evan (new evan), but it's REALLY good if you can get the setup right. Have a button for callback, one for each the elemental attacks and setups and you're good to go, presuming you're using a 360 controller or something similar. Should fill out every button on the controller perfectly with attacks. You'll need to setup buffso n the keyboard though.

>tfw random private servers know they can infect retards because maplestory is a virgins game and said private server will have 100+ people playing

here's to you, maple destiny.

infect in what regard?
With viruses or with terrible meme ideologies?

i gots that too. always just ignored it

/msg/ guild in Ellinia is a go!

If by some terrible happenstance you play on this server, or you want to start playing, hit me up for a guild invite. IGN is Suzuran. If I'm not on at any time, leave your name here and I'll get back to you.

where do i go to find out how to set this up ?!

>Ellinia
I tried picking it up again a few weeks ago, but I couldn't muster up the will to progress through Dream servers' shitty progression again.

Yeah, I have to agree that the beginning is kind of a slog. Then comes the real slog until you can gear yourself well enough to boss and not really have to farm.

Thankfully it only takes about 2 weeks of on and off playing to get to that point. If you want to come back and stay for my meager company in the meanwhile, I'll be happy to oblige.

Eh, rmzero hasn't changed shit. It's going to be the same as it was back in Bera v1 and v2. Have fun I guess.

Is TMS any fun? I hear it's got a higher damage cap.

a

Horde of

Discos!

5th job when
I need to know how disappointing it's going to be.

No confirmed date. KMS' next patch comes on june 15 which should be the start of the summer patch line. If it's not then, it'll be winter. If it's this summer, GMS will get it this winter. If it's this winter, GMS will get it this time next year.

Realistically my guess is winter patch on KMS for 5th job, summer will be more focused on increasing optimization and lots of feature fixes, potentially releases of horntail and von leon revamps, and other more minor stuff.

Can /msg/ actually down Ursus?
Any guide without potion pot?

Does anyone even do Ursus anymore? That shit died within days/weeks after it came out, I thought it was pretty neat.

Well I'm on sea and you can actually get Crimson flames therr pretty much a A neb on gms
And you can get css 10% from there so why not?

Are there any classes that can effectively farm all 3 platforms of mp3 at once? Like leave long lasting summons on each of the platforms and then farm the floor

shmorning

how many of them will sit on my face!!

I wanna drink Disco's bath water!

I wanna /be/ disco's bath water

Is the mino one based off of one? A story of a fox that wants to be human so she can presumably fuck a human she has interest in?

I wanna be Disco.

when will someone make private servers great again

stop

I had a dream they did a courage the cowardly dog reboot and it wasn't bad and stayed true to the original

/co/ pls go

What are some of your favorite things to listen to or read or play while you're setting up shop in the FM, /msg/?

Royal guard is pretty annoying to time

It's not that hard for me, but I live right next to the servers, so...

with a bit of latency i can see how it'd be difficult

wew

Xenon looks like a nightmare to play if the boss has a cleanse

>Destiny
>infect

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HE MEANT BY THIS

a

dreaming of the day disco shuts the fuck up!

I got a [pet box] blackheart from hilla, opened it and got the pet, did i get lucky or is this pretty common

>Private server
>Small
What do you think?

Why did they have to involve quests for 1 - 100? They are so boring. Are there any grinding spot guides?

I'd take a small private server over a populated private server any day.

shoulda thought of that, i put it in 6 path crossway instead

>tfw 9/9/9 xenon weapon
>not 12/12/12

kill me

You know what's about to be kill? This thread

I just got a water of life from the reward shop and now it disappeared, does that mean I can never revive my pet ever again?

there's literally an ingame maple guide

reward shop refreshes every month

why can't i ever get a notification above my head for the henesys quest

Starling a cute!

Cat lady is mai waifu

is there a guild for reboot here?

The evan rework gives him a normal 1,2,3,4 jobs right instead of his last one being at 160?

read the OP

it doesn't say anything, about guilds.

"never ever"

dayum how helpful

okay nvm i see it, but those guild names are gay.

rip in piss

Farming feathers is a fucking chore. 100 out of 1500 and I wanna kill myself already.

I get like 60 or so from 1 dim run, it's not that bad

>caring about hackers
>Nexon

If you're not trying to RMT in GMS right now, you're wasting your time.

what would ADAMS' team be, /msg/?

Yeah, Dimensional PQ and Commerci should get you ahead a few days in feathers.

>get leg inner
>keep rolling shit inner stats

Time to take a break from maple again. All the good events have passed and I'm too bored to level again

Night guys~
farewell friend

holy shit

HOLY SHIT

live

Die