/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Last Thread: x86 edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=pYk_zkA19Nw

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682776251&tscn=1463252392
stellaris.smods.ru/archives/1480
strawpoll.me/10251514
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why can't I give away energy credits?

I'm filthy with these useless things and no one is let me by their favor, seems like a pretty basic thing to fuck up

1.1 Clarke update end of next week

nth for MAKE MICROMANAGEMENT GREAT AGAIN

>disassembled ship shelter provides +20% ethic divergence
>Not working it removes that
WOW
GOOD JOB THERE PARADOX

make tedium great again*

New Thread Hottie for proper GOD EMPEROR title

>Clarke update
what does it fix?

Enjoy your farm planets :^)

So how does multiplayer work for stellaris? Is it any different than the solo game?

My flagship, the Athena Class Carrier.

What happens with hangar bay/strike craft when you build an oversized ship with them on it? Does it increase the damage of them or give it more of them? Or is the oversized ship just a hull point buff.

>playing Stellaris

is civ 4 better ai mod actually give better ai or just make the game annoying as fuck with placebo ai

>make an easy game even easier

BATTLES IN SPACE

Corvette spam is an anti-piracy measure not a bug and as usual a few unfortunate folks deal with it even though they own the game.

Fixes to the Ethic Divergence and Convergence issues. Currently, Pops tend to get more and more neutral (they lose Ethics, but rarely gain new ones.)
The End of Combat Summary. This screen looks bad and also doesn’t tell you what you need to know in order to revise your ship designs, etc.
Sector Management GUI: There are many issues with this, and we will try to get most of them fixed.
Diplomacy GUI issues. This includes the Diplomatic Pop-Ups when other empires contact you, but also more and better looking Notifications, and more informative tooltips on wars, etc.
AI improvements: Notably the Sector AI, but also plenty of other things. This kind of work is never "finished"...
Myriads of bug fixes and smaller GUI improvements.
Late game crises bugs. There were some nasty bugs in there, blocking certain subplots and various surprising developments.
EDIT: Remaining Performance Issues. We know about them; they might even be hotfixed before Clarke.
EDIT: Corvettes are too good.

More like making a broken game playable until they fix it.

Let's see it in action now.

I think hangars are fucking stupid because this game's combat is all about range and ships have really short range. But they do somehow inflate the damage so maybe they are good?

>he plays wide

Girth > length

Wow..................so this.................is the power...............of...........paradox.............

Fuck sakes, I hope paradox fixes the AI so it manages their fleets properly and spreads them instead of piling them up on one of my fleets.

Neat.
>Corvettes are too good
fuck you Clarke!

>Start new game as militaristic faggot
>first race I discover are turkroaches
>get full fleet of corvette, they have "inferior"
>rapetrain activated
>they wormhole in my capital, chase them off
>go to their capital, destroy their wormhole station
>fleet camps next to spaceport, too strong for me
>go back to spaceport to repair
>they wormhole to my capital and destroy my spaceport
>try to intercept them and destroy their fleet and wormhole station
>they have no wormhole station

Fucking cheating twat, how is this fair?

>17 battleships
>33 corvettes
It's like you want to get your shit kicked in.

Seriously, why is everyone calling my offers "outrageous" whenever I try to give away my resources?

I fixed the strike craft circling the mothership problem so they work really well. They actually fly out and attack, it's pretty cool to see a swarm of fighters fly towards the enemy and shoot down missiles as they fly by it towards your ships.

So the problem stems from the fact that strike craft won't engage an enemy that's 15 range away from the mothership, if it's past that they'll return to the ship and circle it. I changed it to 150 so they'll fly out and engage any ship in engagement range. I also increased the ranges of all weapons by varying amounts (tachyon lances and kinetic artillery are 100 and 110 respectively).

if you want to make the change I did just go to strike craft behaviors in the ship behavior file and change "return_to_formation_distance" to whatever value you think strike craft should be able to fly out too.

>Playing tall
>In Stellaris

george_costanza.mod

This sounds promising.

Some of these battles literally took like 10 minutes on fastest and there's nothing you can do except watch.

So its my first time playing with PURGE.
Just captured 2 planets and eliminated an empire.
Thing is their planet is not compatible with my habitability but i want to keep it and such, get them sweet sweet resources. What do?

Use the Beautiful Battles mod.
See the before and after screenshots.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682776251&tscn=1463252392

You can build a wormhole station in any system even if you don't own it, so it could be anywhere in wormhole radius around your capital.

It was my first day :)

You really do need it. Fucking hell....

not him but i tried it and it didn't really work for me since ships dont really close in. trying a new mod called "rangefinder" that supposedly lets you set a range for your ship to stay away from the enemy.
not sure if its good yet since im very early game atm.

stellaris.smods.ru/archives/1480

future plans and stuff

"ASIMOV" HIGHLIGHTS (NOT SET IN STONE!)
Border Access Revision: Borders are now open to your ships by default, although empires can choose to Close their borders for another empire (lowering your relations, of course.)
Tributaries: New diplomatic status and corresponding war goals.
Joint Declarations of War: You can ask other empires to join you for a temporary alliance in a war against a specific target.
Defensive Pacts.
Harder to form and maintain proper Alliances.
More war goals: Humiliate, Open Borders, Make Tributary, etc.
Emancipation Faction. We had to cut this one at the last minute. Needs redesign.
Diplomatic Map Mode. Much requested!
Diplomatic Incidents: This is a whole class of new scripted events that causes more interaction with the other empires.

CURRENT "HEINLEIN" INTENTIONS
Sector and Faction Politics: We are working on a design for this. I always wanted to make Factions more closely tied to Sectors, for example...
Federation and Alliance Politics: As a player, you need more ways of interacting with the other members, push your will through, and get elected, etc.
Giving Directions to Allies and Subject States.
Strategic Resource Overhaul: You should need these and search for them far and wide. They should be extremely important.
Battleship Class Weapons. Some Battleship front sections will be repurposed for an XL size weapon slot. There are currently four ship sizes but only three sizes to weapons, creating an imbalance. Also, Battleships should have fewer small weapon slots and have to rely on screens of smaller ships.
Fleet Combat Mechanics: Formations and/or more complex ship behavior is needed.
Mid-game scripted content: Guarded “treasures”, mid-game crises, colony events, etc.
Living Solar Systems: Little civilian ships moving around, etc.

Paradox should just completely copy the Sins of a Solar Empire ship AI.

lol, thanks mate gonna install it now.

>.ru

Unless you play multiplayer I don't think using that mod is a good idea.
The AI doesn't know how the fuck to deal with the new weapon ranges and damage.
Tachyon beams are even more OP and shit on everything even harder.

It's easier than before which is quite an achievement.

whats your point? we've been using it for a while now.

DONT TRY IT

It's fine, I've submitted requests and he's added them, no malware or exe's just the mod files ripped from Steam Workshop.

bots

Yes I know that, but they had no other planet and no stations, I checked all the planets in their territory

Bug?

shit. that may take a while since im just 17 years into the game.

>Paradox thought that this was okay to ship

I don't know man, it feels like the guys who made this never actually did a full playthrough.

malware bytes tells me it's bad. What do

>Want to use UI Overhaul
>Want to use Designable Transports
>Can't use both at the same time since the game crashes automatically whe I click on the Design ships tab.
Fuck.

tell malware bytes you're a big boy and to stop being so overprotective.

Transport are designable by default in 1.03 you humongous retard.

roger that

Transports can now be designed in the default game as of yesterday.

So why can't I see them on the Designs Tab when I open it and have the mod disabled?
The game is definetly updated to 1.0.3.

What are some must have mods? Say your top 5?

Various flag/emblem mods. Beautiful battles. That's about it so far.

Just realized I could enslave the populous so that's what I did.

The trait/ethos/government mods.

>Join federation because scared of grumpy FE right next to my colonies
>Want to take over another retard blocking off some of those colonies first
>Mash dat fuckin' Declare War button
>OhBoyHereWeGo.mod
>5k/6k/7k fleets start flocking towards my 20k fleet
>Half of my screen covered by fleet icons
>Send that massive blob of death towards enemy territory
>Ships start blowing up left and right, that retard has no chance against glorious federal firepower
>Suddenly, hundreds of 1-ship fleets start popping up all around the federation
>The mentally challenged AI is sending 1 ship at a time instead of making proper fleets.
>Enemy defense stations pick them off easily as they enter the systems one by one
>MuhWarscore.ttf

fuck you paradox

How do I limit the amount of habitable planets spawning 4x?

First game set to max size is tanking now i've reached end game.

>playing hyperlane only FTL
get wrecked Syldaean Syndicate

>Giving Directions to Allies and Subject States.
Thank you Jesus
>Living Solar Systems: Little civilian ships moving around, etc.
That would be really cool, although it could fuck up the late game performance even more.

colonizable_planet_odds in map\setup_scenarios

YOU WERE MY BROTHER

I still don't understand the limits on war goals, but this is my first Paradox game. Is there a reason for it?

whenever i try to join a game it says the host doesn't accept, and i have no friends :(

>Nynaeve's Braid

eagerly awaiting Graendel's left and right tit. They deserve a planet each

yeah, this mod does work fairly well. the game just has too short of ranges by default.

>He fell for the federation meme

Thanks brother.

Here have an elf.

>I still don't understand the limits on war goals, but this is my first Paradox game. Is there a reason for it?

multiplayer

You underestimate my POWER

FINALLY.

When does it release?

What is exactly this accuracy bug for 2nd tier sensor?

There's gotta be a way they can make it so the civilian ships only appear when you're actually clicked into the solar system to help with performance

So how come the US Navy doesn't run corvettes if they're so effective?

>10 carriers, 22 cruisers and 66 destroyers, but not many smaller ships.

Is it that difficult to set different wargoal limits for singleplayer and multiplayer?

Enforcing that shitty limit on a game against 100% AI is retarded.

>implying they don't
Their evasion is so high they manage to evade all observation and attention.

Mostly so that late game you can't win one decisive fleet action and completely destroy another faction. You can vassalize them and grab one or two territories directly, but this way you can't invade and purge an entire species.

Destroyers are the new corvettes, senpai.

Why? If I have an incredibly overpowering navy capable of decimating a faction, why would I give up my advantage and sign a peace treaty? It's really immersion breaking, which is jarring in a game that seems to have a lot of roleplay elements. I guess I'll just mod it out.

>hyperlane only FTL
This makes the game pretty good tbqh

>Why? If I have an incredibly overpowering navy capable of decimating a faction, why would I give up my advantage and sign a peace treaty? It's really immersion breaking, which is jarring in a game that seems to have a lot of roleplay elements.
Tell that to the US in Vietnam War.

Is a 4-arm Spiral Galaxy the best map type?

>these fucking xeno shits

If the US was run by a military dictator that doesn't give a shit about anyone's opinions they would have nuked Vietnam off the face of the Earth like MacArthur wanted to do to Korea. I want to be that dictator.

>slavery and genocide simulator
>literally buttons that say "enslave" and "purge"

Why is this allowed?

strawpoll.me/10251514

>native reservations add +3 society research to adjacent plots

oh shit I am cumming

If I say yes, will the event just not happen? I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who has researched sentient AI.

I hope your paying your maintenance cost goy, on time as well.

forgot pic

Okay so while strike craft now leave their mothership to go attack the enemy they just attack it and immediately circle back towards the mothership and then head back out all the way towards the enemy. How the fuck do I stop them from being so retarded. I just want them to fly out towards the enemy and then return when the battle is over.

They really need a "launch fighters, return to hangar bay" command.

Should I join a Federation? Last Alliance I wa in that had 2 opthers decied to start a war against a federation in which I was swarmed by the enemy.

>top Anime engineers

>Hyper-Entertainment Forum
>Ruined

>allying with AI
They are dumb as fuck and will only drag you down. You really need multiplayer allies because the computer controlled ones are suicidal and will start wars with Fallen Empires for no reason.

>using nuclear weapons against proxy soldiers of two other nuclear powers

are u retarded

Nukes are deterrents, not opening weapons