Eve Online General - /eog/

Space Famous Edition

old thread: permalink:orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin:pastebin.com/t9Af7NJY
Focus Group Logs:focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: new "drilling platforms", sp gain from dailies
>Fall: new "industrial arrays", barge reworks
>Summer: AOE BOOST/LINK REWORK, citadel iterations + contracts, Rorqual rework
>May 31: Old camera being removed
>May 30: Dust 514 shutting down (long live Project Nova)

Ongoing:

Past:
>May 12: You can name ships automatically with a saved fit's name now
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>May 03: Bugfix: AOE doomsdays don't apply perfectly any more
>May 01: Some drama re: Snuffed Out shooting blue Shadow Cartel supers
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Apr 25: Eve players contributed 167 years of work to Project Discovery
>Apr 23: Fanfest 2016 over
>Apr 21: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/
>Apr 19: GSF camped into Saranen
>Apr 10: Drone Walkers doing some crazy stuff in the Russian theater
>Apr 12: GSF absorbing Imperium corps; FCON + SMA bail
>Mar 28: CFC is dying. CO2 reset. IWI funding the MBC to burn down goons
>Mar 18: Guristas Hunt event (Shekel Madness: 3D)
>Mar 09: Project Discovery launched + massive mod tiercides that broke a lot of fits.
>Feb 18: Last CSM X Summit:community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-second-csm-x-summit-meeting-minutes-included
>Feb 09: SP trading
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Goonswarm_Federation
crossingzebras.com/there-can-be-only-one/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

old thread died, i didn't have it open, and i STILL managed to get the link for the OP

pay attention, proto-kevins:
boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/archive is your friend

Real shame they lost point on him...

>this pic was in last thread
>you mispelled faggot
>you will never be as relevant to the game as this smug little weasel who looks like he'd die if he had a fresh apple and a fuck
continue with your circle-jerk corp's in-jokes

>Apr 19: GSF camped into Saranen
>implying anyone but newbs without insta undocks can be camped into lowsec anything
hazing a lowsec undock isn't fighting a war

Wew, all the noob dreads and carriers!

6th to meme
>amarr laser keks

wheres the juicy gossip intense drama, hardcore politics pastebin @?

isn't this game fun in that?

there is no pilitics only grr gon

hat gon

What happened to All-Out?

you didnt join them

Ded general
Ded game
Ded goons

SP dailies can't come soon enough.

There's also fireden too

Just got driver crash BSOD on jumping gate
Nice game evetards
Before that forcefields crashed my drivers, contacting support didnt help, apparently it's HURR UR CACHE IS CORRUPTED, RESET IT BEFORE EVERY LOGIN ON POS :-------------D

:-DDDDDD

last played the game 3 years ago

seeing the amount of new shit added over time, I'm wondering, is it worth to resub? Is it dying?
and most importantly, did citadels work and improved the game in some way or are they (as expected) another retarded move by CCP?

What ship should I fly for gang tackle outside of cheap frigates? HACs, Command Ships? I want something that can latch on to someone without instantly being blown away.

HIC

Another thing,

>enter influence
>goons gone

Someone mind explaining the fuck is going on? Are they finally gone from eve?

No, they aren’t gone, but they lost almost all of their space.

evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Goonswarm_Federation

Well, where are they then? low/high?

I doubt that they are incapable of defending at least half of their territory, so where did they go to?

just get better at frigates

>Is it dying?

why does it matter, play the game if you want to

>I doubt that they are incapable of defending at least half of their territory, so where did they go to?
they lost it all and live in saranen now

They are staging in Saranen.

>the edgy eye makeup on Xenuria

I swear to god 5/10 female characters will have this makeup for some reason, and it ruins some slightly attractive ones because its so retarded and ugly, muh edgy spike.

Whos is this Mittani fagot everyone keeps toolking aboot?

Did you know that stealth bombers are a very powerful ship class? They have a very high skill cap as well.

Hows my edgy spike

A guy trolling reddit

So how much effort will it take to kill a Keepstar in WH space?

a whole quaserknocks coalition while it was still a thing

impossible without unacceptable levels of autism

see this is waht I mean, theres something attractive about your character I cant figure out what maybe its just the fact that without that awful eyeliner spike she would look even 10% better and more attractive

I dont know what it is about it but it triggers me so much, and everyone seems to use it

The KeepStar in C5 maybe after a lot of effort

but the Palatine KeepStar?

Probably not

crossingzebras.com/there-can-be-only-one/

it's 'a lot of effort' to even have a fight in someone else's wormhole

>crossing zebras

Keepstar still does shit dps to properly fit subcaps. Of course there is the doomsday weapon which is guaranteed to blow up 5 every 10 minutes so if there is no opposition and you can reach the dps cap, you'll lose 10 ships at minimum.

The real issue is beating the defending fleet on their own turf. Same as it's always been really.

Jesus christ i thought SP dailies were just a meme, but apparently it's a real thing coming in couple of days

>SP dailies

Explain

I don't understand why they limit it to killing npc rats. It can't be very hard to also create one for mining x m3 ore or PI products, or starting/finishing an industry job or selling stuff on the market and any number of things.

No it has to be killing some shitty npc rat every single fucking day.

Jesus they have a Fortizar, AND a KeepStar now.

What are SP dallies?

Daily SP missions?

No one cares. It's a complete headache to assault a wormhole from an alliance that big.

At least if it was in k-space we might see some groups banding together to take it down.

>not having at least three dedicated infinipoints and two blingfit lokis to tackle him

Is there some site which keeps track of important events in Eve?

SP dailies?

They're not missions. You just get 10.000 SP for killing your first NPC of the day.

That's roughly a skill injector every month and a half.

zkillboard

wormhole autists just collect money and waste it on bullshit or keep farming until they die of aspergers
don't pay any attention to their smugness, they aren't truly happy

Any hisec monuments to go and shoot?

I'm seriously fucking pissed off at this. I only resubbed to Eve the other day with the offer. Shit like dailies is what kills enthusiasm with other MMOs.

And so much for the fucking sandbox. The reward is too good to pass up, even on a 50mil SP character, but the character I'd want the SP on is often in situations where I can't just kill a rat without either compromising myself or having to go massively out of my way and reship then go back.

>too good to pass up
>10k sp
You know about injectors, right?

Thats disappointing

How do you normally get SP?

I see mine keeps raising but not sure how

Injectors are a choice to convert SP to ISK or ISK to SP.

SP Dailies are CCP are now flat out saying play how we want you to, every day, even though you're paying a subscription, or you miss out.

> logoff in belt
> every day logon, kill random rat on your grid, logoff
> takes maybe 30 seconds
> so 15 minutes a month
> for ~250mil worth of skillpoints
That's one way to tank the value of skillpoints I suppose.

They could be giving you 10M isk instead and at the end of the month you would have the same SP via injectors

That ship sailed in february, think of all the skillpoints you're missing out on by not ratting 24/7 senpai

You just have to play the asymmetric war to wear them down. Plant cloakies in their home and watch them failcascade because they can't be safe.

>mfw 31 accounts
Every single day

Even for a SP farm that seems pretty excessive.

how much money in PLEX is that for cross training jesus fucking amarr worshipping christ

Only 22 are farmers

I don't do cross training yet

Before you know it -10.0 with local pirates.

>implying that matters on a SP farming account

>-10.0 with local pirates

Is that bad?

My standings with Guristas are -0.89 right now after both military careers missions

>Is that bad?

It's bad if you wanna run missions for them in nullsec.

It doesn't matter.
Unless you plan on playing in npc null.

Honestly, I kind of like how Dust did it. Constant SP over time, plus a small amount for actively doing things. I think less people would be adverse to losing ships and pushing their luck if even when they died, they still got a little SP for the trouble.

Imagine if you got a slight amount of SP to a random astronomic skill every time you successfully scanned something, or a slight increase to large hybrid turrets when using a railgun or blaster. The amount you get might be capped at 1/2 of a skill level, so if you needed 10000 SP to go from rank 2 to rank 3 in a skill, you could only get 5000 of that from skill usage -- the other half would have to be trained.

thats a great idea

>5D until I can fly basic incursion fit
>Buying the ship will kill my PLEX savings forcing me to grind for it one way or another
Should I? Or better to just plex in peace and then wonder about incursions when subscription is not at risk?

>It’s very important to note here that this means all the skillpoints available to buy on the market in EVE will have originated on other characters where they were trained at the normal rate.

that fucking scale

So when will we get the citadel that has Keepstar docking bays? So you can deploy them at a system one by one...

That's farmable as fuck tho, go play some korean mmo if you want grinding

First we need T2 citadels with jumpdrives.
Then maybe we'll see capital citadels...

And then Supercapital Citadels.

You earn 120m per hour easily in incursions so the basic fit will pay for itself in 2-3 hours.

>pve

can you guys get your own thread

Sweet jesus

> even less defenses than a citadel
> can't be anchored right next to your citadel or as an upgrade or whatever
Going to be one giant space pinata desu

>pvp

can you guys get your own thread

That's just the Medium Size IA too.

>Corp gets war declared on us.
>Enemy corp has one single guy in it.
>Sits outside of Jita all day and takes potshots at passerby.
>Can't engage him or he'll just dock.
>No way to end the war except wait for the timer to run out.

Declaring war should require you to actually have something at risk like a PoS or something. It's not really much of war if there's no objective for either sides, just high-sec piracy.

>>Sits outside of Jita all day and takes potshots at passerby.

Is it this chucklefuck?

He sat there doing that with some others for like 1-2 hours yesterday

>capitals broken as fuck
>citadels broken as fuck

>instead of than fixing them, CCP start adding near universally reviled features

Corps make no sense in highsec. If you want to have dozens of wardecs every month, by all means. If you want to do hauling, trading or indu in hisec without being wardecced, do it in npc corp.

>inb4 muh citadel

I agree.

The "no risk vulture" hisec pvp is probably the most cancer of them all.
Especially so if it's preying on new players.

Only real way to deal with them is to outsmart them w/ baits or something.
And even then it's just one kill and they won't fall for the same trap twice.

Par for the course with CCP. They've been doing it for years, nothing will change unless we riot and mass unsub.

>And even then it's just one kill and they won't fall for the same trap twice.
You'd be surprised

what the fuck are you guys talking about

Nah, our guy was in a catalyst. He's got a bunch of other corps at war though too.

I got no problem with fighting wars in high sec (Some other group declared an actual war on us a while back, about 25 people showed up and reinforced their large PoS out in lowsec), it's just this little tiny annoyance wars grate on me a lot since it just encourages people to drop corp and continue doing what we're already doing. The social framework of a corporation becomes nothing but a burden at that point.

They don't currently. The drawbacks far outweigh the benefits. The nice thing is we can share resources more easily and that sort of thing, which is pretty minor overall.

Maybe there will be a reason to join high sec corps in the future, but probably not for a long time.

How do you get started even hauling things around in/for a NPC corp?

I have a Badger from the business career mission.

Carriers killing subcaps.
Titans pikebombing subcaps.

The problem is, even if you kill them, they often have so little to lose vs so much to destroy, there's no practical deterrent to them. If there was an objective like "wartargets on valid in these systems" or "destroying enemy corp's staging system ends the war" I think things would work a little better.

By definition, anytime you move anything from place a to place b is hauling.