/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

salvaging edition

previous ded The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Medieval Engineers, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo

Avorion
>avorion.net/

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Medieval Engineers:
>medievalengineers.com

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

GearBlocks:
>moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/363530/
forums.keenswh.com/threads/update-01-135-bug-fixes-and-improvements.7384204/
youtube.com/watch?v=4K6xpWo_22M&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=K2XdNaqi7Ag
avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=216.0
youtube.com/watch?v=V117Ycxb6a0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for empyrion

Second for why the fuck Robocuck is still in the OP?

because trying to remove games from the general is the cancer that is eating away at /egg/

never forget our roots

I'm the harpoon guy from last thread. It turns out that twenty reels will lift most sups out of the fucking water. That is awesome. Now I have a dilemma:

Should I go with the "reel them in" method to deal with the fucking annoying long range subs, or should I just give a bit more power to my railgun? It seems that the rail-gun has a fine time piercing though a lot of water.

What's the easiest way to make LCDs display text?

Also, anyone know the name of any scripts that display flight data on the LCDs?

Anyone tried out Dangerous Waters?

5th for /egg/heim

I'll be releasing a new version of eggheim over the weekend. I'll be attempting to fill out more of the resource zones and more of the structure zones.

I think an idea for the Autobots' early game could be that they will have shitty but advanced technology. So even though they are advanced in technology, after crashing their ship, their means of production are intensely limited at first. Their designs could reflect this. Being gimped but high potential designs that evolve into effective combat machines as time goes on.

>that background
>remains of yellow Lifter
>along with bandits' and ayy's wreckage
I wonder if there are leftovers from clown's ships somewhere in this sector.

can harpoons anchor your sub to the ground? If yes, you have the solution.

If not, apply mo'h dakka with supercavitating base and you'll be able to hit even spaceships

I entered the map when it came out first, and it's the perfect battleground for submarines: really deep water with the ground on the edge of the map.
The actual map might be different now

So, they're the /egg/heads of the map, instead of getting new tech, they just become able to spawn new vehicles.
In the beggining they can only spawn bots/tanks, later they can spawn botes, later planes and when the world is in post WWI era, spaceships

More like they can build super advanced shit early, but just are bad at it and make em small. Smoke + Shield + surge protectors...but like 2k blocks and a kindy missile launcher.

later they turn into th same thing, just bigger?

It could work, it could lead to some interesting battles between them and the Naneaux early on the game

>some of our roots are cancer

I'm still in the planet side stage in Empyrion, on Omnicron, and have a few questions about the transition to space.

I can get to space with just a small craft? Also, I notice at least two bodies in the sky during the day night cycle. One is clearly a moon like body, and the other is a blue green gem that looks like an Akua style planet. Are those both actually going to be there when I achieve space flight?

Why not have very low damage continuous lasers, ejector emp missiles and really low efficiency high power small engines? And power 1 shields at best.

That's all advanced, but bad.

exactly

never forget

Unguided missiles, I mean. And no magnets.

>Unguided missiles, I mean. And no magnets.
And proximity sensors?

>spengies "update"
>everything is community fixes

In other news, SPAZ2 is extremely bland grind simulator. No quests or any events, so all that's left is killing pirates over and over.
Combat is boring shit, shipbuilding is limited as fuck.

How did they get to this from the original SPAZ? There's no way in hell I'll pay for the trash that is SPAZ 2.

The get hype for store.steampowered.com/app/363530/
RA3

Since no one posted it yet.

forums.keenswh.com/threads/update-01-135-bug-fixes-and-improvements.7384204/

Features
- modders can now create their own terminal interfaces (by Tyrsis)
- production API changes (by Tyrsis)
- projector ModAPI changes (by Rexxar)
- added ship mass, velocity and gravity information to IMyShipController (by Malware)
- source code on GitHub updated to current version

Fixes
- remote control fixes by (Malware)
- fixed issue with welders repairing themselves
- fixed switching colors even when bar is not visible
- fixed faction tags GUI spacing
- fixed the infamous rotor gap
- fixed HUD markers being distorted after restart on triple monitor resolution
- fixed issues with rolling ships while holding ALT
- fixed incorrect damage from rockets
- fixed crash when loading into a scenario
- fixed mass of welded ships being broken on grid modification
- fixed issues with basic tutorial 1
- fixed various soundblock issues

want to guess why nobody posted it?

go on, give it a try

nobody cares

>that teaser at the end
youtube.com/watch?v=4K6xpWo_22M&feature=youtu.be
HOLY SHIT

Awww no fuckin' way, a new ROBOT ARENA!? Robot Arena 2 was probably my second "engineering" game after The Incredible Machine. I played the hell out of it, and it's mechanics are really good to this day.

If they don't fuck this up I'll give them my hard earned shekels for sure.

> spend 14 hours consecutively in Factorio

my only reget is... needing sleep.

yopu made the new thread to early, u fucking fools, u fucking cretins

Fuck I actually miss salvaging in EVE. Was so comfy, just scanning for wreck sites and making decent ISK all day.

looks legit
if you ignore all laws of common sense and self-preservance

>american electronic anything

the moon body is the Omicron moon - good warp fuel there

the blue body is Akua, the earthlike starter planet. You don't need to wear your helmet there, but to get from omicron to akua you need a jump drive

yes, you can get to space with just a small craft

Say i have enough space to put about 50 to 100 verticle launch missiles on my boat. What is a good way to build them? They can be up to 20 blocks long, but I would prefer to avoid that due to reload time issues.

How's your small ships coming?

Just finished my reactor room. Lots of armor, but this shit is the lap of luxury with wide rooms. The maintenance halls are small and cramped, but nothing to waste, unless its a comfy zone like the medbay.

I'd say that with 5 blocks long you have more than enough

Enjoy never being able to properly take it anywhere interesting or fight it without risking all your hours of work, having frame rate drops, or in a large space battle.

Looks nice though, anything to show what the final product will look like?

Avorion is really comfy. Just started the demo, thank you /egg/.
Those cubic designs make my peepee hard.

Is there a way to make my IR missiles not just chase a single flare into space? Flares are never this effective when I use them...

It actually moves surprisingly well with the mods I've installed. Its suppose to be a luxury yacht so getting there in a hurry is no big deal and besides I have emergency Jump drives along side the larger jump drives so if anything comes. It'll be a bit as I still haven't fully fleshed out how I'll proceed with the civilian side of the ship, but as of now most of the essentials are installed. Power, fuel, respawn, maintenance, supreme Gyros that still allow for 30 flips a minute.

Frame rate isn't too bad, but I have it set really low so I wont see much outside of killer pixels.

I think that if you add a flare to your own missile, they didn't target flares, but i'm not sure if it worked

Just tested it. Doesn't work. One verticle missile launch from a buhlwark and my 50x shield seeking EMP salvo just goes searching for stars.

then you'll either use laser sight or use LUA

join the avorion serb you cunts

i'll join it once that fellow /egg/man uploads the full version since the demo is too limited

>Middle of the day.
>Middle of the work week.

I will when I'm not trying to make a living, fag.

>Too limited.

It's really not.

Holy shit fuck Keen.

This is some Bethesda level of bad gamedev. "Oh well, the community will fix it for us"

>large space battle
>space engineers
lmao

Even more fun than reeling them in is hitting them far from the CoM and watching their handling go to shit. Damn satisfying, watching a sub crash into the ocean floor and annihilate itself because it couldn't turn in time.

Smoke blocks lasers...LUA is straight up cheating.

I guess it's time for a beam rider? How the hell do those work? I basically have to launch my missiles right at what the beam is aiming at? Can I launch them vertically with a one-turn and have the beam rider home them in after they are done turning?

At least they are adding more stuff based on community input Yeah that's been a while, but planets were a pretty ridiculous addition.

Not that user, but no idea on beam rider. I put a few torpedoes on almost all of my ships, usually a mix of all guidance systems (including sonar).

One of my ideas is to not have any missiles above the water, only torpedoes. That way the enemy never needs to launch flares, so I can just spam IR torpedoes, take out the enemy's engines, then pound their still and unshielded wrecks into oblivion. I've never put it into practice in a campaign because I never go into campaign mode, but it's just a thought.

Why the fuck won't think connect?

Raise their powers. The ship with the smallest power is used.

this* ffs

is this a multiplayer server? are you owner of the connectors?

That was it, woe is me.

It's SP but friends only.

>There are people here RIGHT NOW who aren't listening to eurobeat

Too busy having decent taste. Go back to Veeky Forums.

>eurobeat
>not torpedobeat

youtube.com/watch?v=K2XdNaqi7Ag

I tried to register on the Avorion forums and it says I'm spam, what the fuck is this?

avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=216.0

HOLY FUCK BEAM RIDERS ARE AMAZING

Just make sure the laser is attached to the same missile controller as the missiles and give them some extra fins. Verticle launch works just fine just have the tracking and engine disabled for 4 sconds. Give them a torp prop so you get a ejector without the block and so they can go under the water.

Also happened to me here.
It randomly decides to not connect anymore.
I had to rebuild both connectors.

THERE IS NO FULL VERSION

No, you don't get it. I'm not even able to register to post in that thread. I get stopped before even getting an email confirmation or anything.

yet

We Vaygr now

Neat. Assault Frigate? Looks like it needs to be elongated a bit.

>ramp needs a mechanical lock because it fly lose if not
>using landing gears to lock something on rotors results in explosions
>locking the rotors results in explosions

Made a unique colour scheme for my faction

looks like a submarine launching a knife and fork out the front

for comparison

it look like fish

Am I retarded or is there no way to tell block apart in Avorion when building your ship?

I don't want to accidentally delete my crew quarters again and don't remember which block it was, they all look the same.

I don't think you can. Maybe you could colour code things.

tell where one block begins and another ends?
middle click.
tell hull from crew quarters?
no idea.
just use blank hulls. they have no lights.

I'm actually listening to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=V117Ycxb6a0

May they rest in pepperonis

In the cold vacuum of space

Well that is silly.

tbf thought it was pretty shit until that solo

Yeah, I have the same opinion actually.

BRING

This has to be shopped.

So when are those lazy retards actually going to work on their game?

>(by Rexxar)
>by (Malware)
wew

fuck too many mods

i need to stop

I will personally hunt down every single /kspg/ faggot who posts in /egg/

>house across the street might be on fire.
pls no.

hullo

That's what he gets for posting ksp on /egg/

oh fugggg
it's not the one across the street.
it's next fucking door.

>implying /kspg/

serves them right for using nvidia

How's FCPS treatin ya?

Quick! Throw a bunch of doors in your side yard so they aren't next door anymore!