/mcg/ - Minecraft General

dandilion edition
Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_house_styles
minecraft-forum.net/default/plant-mega-pack-screenshots-and-recipes/
github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/pull/2872
youtube.com/watch?v=DRRIjOkzHPM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for botes

2nd for house inspo

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_house_styles

Don't knock it, it's aesthetic as fuck and adds a lot of variety and color to the game. Add in the biome mods and it really livens up things.

Name describes the weapon perfectly.

I do need to look into a Rapier for AM2 bossing when I get that far. Maybe a Withering one.

>cleaver
it's good to fight one mob or two, but against swarms it's slowness will get in the way

>it's good to fight one mob or two, but against swarms it's slowness will get in the way
that's why you make a c'bow that does "99.4" damage, but actually does ≈ 550 damage.

Enderium got nerfed stupidly hard. Though Signalium+Lumium is still a valid combo, it's not as potent as it used to be.

There seems to be some way to reset the swing cooldown of the cleaver to manage large groups. It's weird, and I guess I'm used to it having used Cleavers for so long and not Scimitars/Rapiers like everybody else.

>haven't updated yet
:^)

Fair enough. I did a quick Google search and the first result looked cancerous (10paksmods.net sounds skeevy).

However I can't help but notice you're not posting screenshots from your game to drive home the point.

Literally look up Plant Mega Pack and you'll get results on the first page. Did you bother to look further than the first link?

Oh I saw the pics on the mods website. I was more hoping for some artful decoration from you, not just proof of more bloat. It can't be that great if you haven't even bothered to experiment with it yourself.

Thanks anyway.

>Anyone actually building in minecraft
>Not just throwing mods together, spending ages configging and troubleshooting, only to spend an eternity trying to find a seed that isn't shit

You lazy bastard...
minecraft-forum.net/default/plant-mega-pack-screenshots-and-recipes/

Tried making a kitchen sink pack for the first time. How is it?

It's supposed to have a focus on magic and exploration, a bit of technology, and a random assortment of stuff to mess around with. It deliberately avoids popular tech mods like Ender IO, Thermal Expansion, Applied Energistics 2, and IC2 because I use them so often and want to be forced to try different things. Was also going to not include Tinker's Construct, but had to include it for Tinker's Mechworks. My only worries with creating my own personal pack for the first time since Minecraft Alpha are how to deal with possible compatibility and oredictionary issues as well as terrain gen/structure gen issues. Also looked at premade modpacks and noticed some shit's in separate subfolders. What's the reason for that?

How do you get the bote on your head?

Is it only with northern princess?

maybe.
she put her arms up and i right clicked her and it just happened.

Is there an english guide/wiki for Slashblade? I only find results in jap.

I'm trying to make a modded server for me and my friends. Should I use immersive engineering and tinkers construct together? Any other science/technology themed mods I should add also? Thanks.

Apparently someone made clouds render 20 times faster, improving performance by about 10%.

github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/pull/2872

On mobile so no pics

I quite like it, makes the game look a lot more alive, and about the bloat, most of the plants can just be turned into dye so no big deal, and the bamboos are comfy as fuck
Give it a try on it's looks on a creative world

Also the 10pakwhatever page is legit, the author got fed up with cancerous users and restricted the mod to his page

how do I get this hot babe piston door to go two-way?

>hot babe
>two-way

>nearly five years since 1.0
>rendering shit's still not getting passed to the GPU

only four, heh

what do you mean?
open from both sides?

yeah

I fucking suck with redstone so this is confusing

it's a bit hard to work on a system i can barely see, but i do see a few ways..

torches invert the signal, you should have all the plates connected together (off) and have them disable both torches when you step on any of them

oh, and maybe you should have a look at the map called "logical element", it covers most basic electronic (redstone) concepts, that should help you gitgud

set up another pair of plates on the other side of the door with torches. construct simple OR gate with torch pair going into it with result sent to pistons.

would you be able to post a diagram? took away all the redstone for now

sorry, I really am a dumbshit

a diagram? i don't think i can do that, but you probably don't need it
look at it that way:
your system should have two (well, three, but they're symmetrical)
one, that turns on the row of pistons from a redstone torch (apparently you already got how to do that that)

and the other, that aliments the block where the torch is on [disabling it] when you step on one of the pressure plates (this one should probably be just a few wires)

i'm bad at explaining, but it should make things simpler

Post pics of cozy minecraft houses /mcg/

I'm still a bit confused

basically the redstone leads to the pressure plates on the other side

I'd expect it to turn off the torch but it doesn't

how do I get it to register all 4 pressure plates as a negative input? forget terms like OR gates, it still doesn't make sense to me

soz famuel

that should be in a city surrounded by buildings like that

Not that guy but honestly I find redstone shit completely pointless waste of time and space
Takes way too much space up for something that could easily be achieved with a door with pressure plates above it

stepping on a plate will disable A torch
but the other torch will still be on and power the circuit

there is NO NEGATIVE INPUT, JUST ON OR OFF, 1 OR 0

Literally just run a wire under both sets of pressure plates and connect them?

Why are you negating the signal on the pressure plate itself, 4 times? Join all the plates together with a wire, and then invert it only once as it goes to the pistons.

see that smoothstone L? replace the wire at the bottom by one of your torches, then set a wire connecting the block that supports the torch (not the torch, the block behind it) to both your plates (wires under them)
and in theory it should all be nice and dandy

I think this should work for you. The slab is important here.

just to clarify, do you repeat the same thing on all sides? or do you only need those redstone thingos

And if you're hellbent on using iron plates, I modified the design. Bear in mind this will have the same issue of being sided (step on one plate, only one side opens) but if that's your gig then by all means.

On all sides. Note that the pressure plates are STONE in that picture, and are IRON in this one.

Do you use macros /mcg/?

>that inefficiency
jesus christ man, is everyone in this thread retarded? There's like 6 niggas trying to help make this simple thing

It's called croudsourcing. Between the six of us we should be able to get a design for him that will work.

i'm sure you could solve that issues by using your repeaters as a signal booster (both outputing on the same wire connected to your OR gate)

what seems to be the problem? he just needs to open those doors?

I have the answer right here folks, move along

Is 2b2t still the most used "no rules" survival server? What does anyone do on there anymore?

YOU'RE A FUCKING LEGEND

THANKS user

NEAR;Y 3 FUCKING HOURS ON A DOOR

>Fucking legend
Obligatory.
youtube.com/watch?v=DRRIjOkzHPM

kek.webp

>after the stability of the modding community in 1.7.10, mods are scattered throughout several versions again
>mojang says they're trying to make updates come out THICKER AND FASTER
>still no api in sight
kill me

The shader-based rewrite became a bit more vaporware when TheMogMiner was fired.

Since that other guys door problem is solved I have a similar redstone problem.
Keep In mind that I have Literally never touched redstone before so I have zero clue what anything is or does.
I have been trying to make a "fuck you" lever that floods the mountainside with lava but my sticky pistons don't want to extend for some reason.

Pretty sure 1.10 is going to stick again

Faster version releases mean faster and less painful updates for modders. If you need proof, come back to the pre-1.3 days when updates actually did come out fairly rapidly, and we somehow jumped from version to version with no major issue - 1.0.0, 1.1, 1.2.3, 1.2.5.

Pistons facing up have to be powered from below. A repeater facing into them might also work, not sure.

Welcome to the world of Quazi-connectivity.

You need to power the blocks they are on directly, or power themselves with hard direct power. Running redstone next to them will not connect them to the pistons.

You want the pistons to retract on a lever pull, correct?

I tried below first and that didn't work which is why they are like that
you know what I think this isn't going to work at all, I think I will just scrap the idea and never touch redstone again.
This tower was not originally intended to be a "fuck you" button and the lava just won't work right unless I redo the entire thing

Try something akin to this; Hard power on the corners can power the corner pistons, and a redstone piece into a block in the middle will power the center ones. Then it becomes a matter of inverting the torches when you want the on/off switch. This is a very inefficent design, but it works.

and its going suck

alright bois, time for a different problem; an aesthetic problem

what flooring would look good here? this is my temporary base until our server hits the End so I can get end stone brick for my Anor Londo megabuild, so something with warm colours would be sweet

wanna deviate from using birch/spruce floors for basically everything

Netherbrick

>>still no api
it's like that joke they put on the end of each update

I hope this helps. This is how you can power a piston.

Forgot an important one

my main problem is what you see in my pics is ALL the room I have to work with. the only part that is offscreen is a lever and a single block with redstone on it

>Left row of pistons
The middle piston is being powered by quasi-connectivity, through the block being hard powered on the right. You get rid of that block and that piston SHOULD unpower.

Power the corner pistons with a lever, that way you can direct your "fuck you" power.

is this what you want? they'll be raised when off, but lava can't be pushed up and down though

oak wood or sand or carpet

original intent was pistons lower blocks to let lava flow over them
anyways I have decided that the fuck you button can go fuck itself.
Instead I will convert my fort to be as edgy as physically possible

>edgy as physically possible
place TNT traps all over it

Best variant of that I've seen is
-pressure plate
-gravel
-TNT
above each other in that order.

i like the ones where you don't have any trigger blocks visible

thanks user, looks fabulous

now to figure out some decent deco, hate how sparse good wall decoration is in this game

aren't those the ones that use blocks like furnaces as triggers? I dream to make one of those in a PvP server as a dickweed trap

With mods like ex nihilo and tree growing simulator, yes. Otherwise, no.

>String
>Gravel/Sand
>Pressure Plate
>TNT
In that order. You can't see the wire until it's too late.

One of the best traps I've ever seen was on an old Tekkit server I used to play on. It was a ramshackle dirt shitshack with a door, a pressure plate on the inside of the door, a bed, and a chest. The server had rules where you couldn't break blocks, but any blocks you could actively interact and access were fair game. So people see a simple wooden door and a chest with possible noob loot in it, and they head in.

The pressure plate in front of the door (which normally would just pop up and close the door for you) was hooked up to a Tesla Coil. A bunch of them. And full voltage too. Instant death.

>not a railcraft embarking track inside a wall to suck players into the kill room
>everyone has jetpacks so we must get creative
>suck them into a warded glass room
>inside the room, block breakers destroy dozens of full cobble barrels causing crippling lag to the victim
>at the very same instant, a megaton of tnt is primed
>the tnt destroys the blocks holding back streams of gelid cryotheum
>the victim will be walking down your hallway and then suddenly his game will lag out until he sees a death screen

well while I wait for my netherrack to smelt into bricks I think I will put graffiti all over my fort.
hopefully it doesn't kill my frames because I have no Idea if these paintbrushes will do that.
Anyways what type of graffiti should I spread all over

>wire
nah, like with a block update or something, there's nothing on the surface that will be visible when it happens

literally nothing wrong with elves

Draw happy faces.

When compiling a modpack with MultiMC, how do you tell what to put in Loader Mods and what to put in Core Mods?

yes and thats why you should fuck them
done

forgot pic

Core mods are things that need to go in the .jar directly, loader mods can go in the /mods folder.

99% of the time, you can just chuck everything into the /mods folder and it'll be fine.

Pretty dope, draw creepers and copy-paste them all over

Nice Idea
Though I think I will only draw one, just doing this luigi took a while and there is no copy paste things so I would have to draw them all manually

nice mario

here
Oh god troubleshooting this is sort of painful. I should have started simpler, but no going back now.

Easy way to break sugar canes without using pistons?

I did a bowser
Though I really should be trying to make these things match my fort instead of doing random mario pixelart wherever it fits

give him... a duck

modders already going to 1.9.4 now

this fucking update system sucks
Bring out and api already and then just ADD, don't change or remove stuff!

>api
eh okay... here.. 3.14