Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EOV Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
mega.nz/#!SghiWI6J!SyUwZs2X9oLHP-rfmVvF_j0QjeI1lA2HSrU4C6qs0eY (Nico stream)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

jii.moe/Vkg7ZHvGW.7z
youtu.be/V0ESry5hhmU
youtu.be/2A_-bdEN6_4
imgur.com/a/wDjUz
youtube.com/watch?v=QRsU3D-OhrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah, that's not going to happen.

How fucking hard can it be to put the EO5 scans in the OP?

Even if you don't have the DLC, you should still be able to trade for Stigmata grimoires at the restaurant or QR codes from other players.

Generally speaking consistent 3-bind Ecstasy hits require at least one other binder; a DH alone simply cannot land all the binds fast enough to get more than one or two hits, which is why it's almost always recommended to run a Hexer in the party as well, and maybe a Warmagus.

Even without a Stigmata grimoire a Hexer's standard binds can speed things up considerably, and if you have a Warmagus, Bindcuts can also speed things up.

Whip Dark Hunters require you to really go all in and build the party around them if you intend for them to be damage dealers, but the results are well worth it - Ecstasy easily equals the damage output of 3-4 party members (see pic).

If you're running one without Hexer and/or WM support, then a Whip DH is mostly a support player - focusing on binding the most dangerous parts of an enemy at critical moments to deny special attacks and give you some breathing room (like say, when your Protector needs a break).

No one said "Add this to the OP please" like we usually do when something need update in the OP.
Will add or remember to say before bump limit to add what you are asking right now.

Just to make sure, you are talking about this one, right?
jii.moe/Vkg7ZHvGW.7z (Famitsu scans)

Kind of hard to mention it in advance when some idiot makes the thread 10 posts early even though we always wait until page 10.

it's been said at the beginning of every single thread

My bad user. I was worried because the raid we had early. I just don't like shitposting.

Sorry user, didn't noticed these before.
And actually no else did as it took 3 times before someone reply the link to the scans

page 10 bump

Highlander/Landy/Protector
Sovereign/Alchemist
is by far one of my favorite party comp in which they can destroy shit super quickly with protector Order just healing everything up.

Highlander is still OP in untold2. I don't know why people don't like them

To be fair, I thought they sucked ass in Untold when I first played it. I didn't know how to build them. Now that I do, they're pretty good. I main issue is that they have low HP gains and are now the second lowest in my party.

So Atlustube put up the proper trailers for Reaper and Necromancer last night.
youtu.be/V0ESry5hhmU
youtu.be/2A_-bdEN6_4

please use the proper thread

But this one was made first

>2 threads

Why do this shit always happen over night and why so much autism over a fucking OP?

And it has twice the amount of posts with almost the same number of IPs. The autism is real

Because people are autistic. we never had a tag for years and newcomers just wanna fuck shit up

You would think people would know by now to not post in blatant troll threads. Funny that the mods aren't around to do anything the one time their first-thread-stays-up policy would actually help us too.

That's how generals work, dude.

I don't like tags but I also hate attention whore OPs, the OP of this thread made it really early because he was afraid of some raid or something. Should've known that that's not how it works.

... so preparation and wanting to avoid the greater of two evils is... attention whoring?

>a tag means it's a troll thread
ok

We never used a tag for years, then some autist comes in maybe from /v/ EO5 news and starts clamoring on why we have no tags and eventually gets so triggered that they form a second thread and spams their own thread to validate their autism when post counters/IP counters are a thing

How and what exactly avoids making a new thread early?

Are you retarded? He made the new thread early to avoid the autist tagger.

>That's how generals work, dude.

Yeah that thread totally isn't just OP samefagging to keep his thread bumped

Holy shit I was samefagging just as much as you.

Nice headcanon. I especially like how you moved from vitafags to /v/ ruining everything.

No he wanted to avoid some raid which doesn't make any sense. Making a new thread early doesn't do anything except clutter the catalog and go against customs.

Both OPs were samefagging to keep the threads bumped.

>Nice headcanon.
Just because you dont like it, does not make it not true.

> Making a new thread early doesn't do anything except clutter the catalog and go against customs.
So making a second new thread after knowing the first new thread was made was not cluttering the catalog... how again?

>So making a second new thread after knowing the first new thread was made was not cluttering the catalog... how again?
It was but the first OP is more retarded and probably just an attention whore, that's why I've started posting in the other one instead of this one until Explain to me how making a new thread before the old one even hit bump limit is doing any good for anyone except maybe OPs self esteem for having made a thread (don't really get how that works but I guess that's one of the reasons why a lot of OPs bother to make threads)

This is all Ricky's fault.

This thread was created 4 minutes before the other one. I dont know what you mean by "making a thread too early" because that time frame is pretty damn small.

4 whole minutes went by with this thread up, and advertised and established... then comes in the autist strolls on in and made a new thread. He knew the thread was there, but he did not like the fact it did not have a tag.

Making "early" threads, while nothing new to Veeky Forums, however making a second thread out of spite is just attention whoring, autism and basic shitty behavior among people who were not socialized properly as a child.

And your main argument on "cluttering the catalog" is invalidated by the fact there is a second new thread created by the autist who is cluttering up the catalog

>This thread was created 4 minutes before the other one. I dont know what you mean by "making a thread too early" because that time frame is pretty damn small.
I already said that it's about bump limit.

>4 whole minutes went by with this thread up, and advertised and established
Not really. People were still posting in the original thread which was, again, still alive.

>Making "early" threads, while nothing new to Veeky Forums, however making a second thread out of spite is just attention whoring, autism and basic shitty behavior among people who were not socialized properly as a child.
Nice name calling. Early threads being nothing new doesn't make them less shit. The second thread had an OP with scans that were requested in the last thread and actually made after bump limit how it's supposed to be.

>And your main argument on "cluttering the catalog" is invalidated by the fact there is a second new thread created by the autist who is cluttering up the catalog
Doesn't change the fact that the OP of this one (probably you) made a new thread with a shitty excuse. Explain to me how making a new thread early can save or prevent anything, I'd be very interested.

So what are those creepy little circle things embedded in the Necroman's skin?

>Cry Soul Hits my Protector even though he isn't leg bound or Asleep
>Lost because Ice Shave was next and destroyed my front line
what fucking bullshit.

>I already said that it's about bump limit.
>People were still posting in the original thread which was, again, still alive.
If there were any mods awake they would enforce the "First thread up" rule. This thread was creates first, while the other thread was near the bump limit. This thread was up for 4 whole minutes, which leads me to believe the other thread was alive for 4 minutes. Small timeframe, little influence, not a strong ground for an argument.

>Nice name calling
Which was justified in this topic because..
>Early threads being nothing new doesn't make them less shit
Making a second thread out of pure spite does not make it the better thread. No one wants a tag in the OP, the other thread has almost the same unique IPs (and probably even less people from one time posters going over there to say what a faggot you were for making a second, unneeded thread) with more posts which leads me to believe someone is trying to force a meme. Which is the greater of two evils.

>Doesn't change the fact that the OP of this one (probably you) made a new thread with a shitty excuse.
As I said before, making a new thread early is nothing new to Veeky Forums as a whole, there was nothing wrong with making a new thread before the bump limit and many people do it.

>Explain to me how making a new thread early can save or prevent anything, I'd be very interested.
Because if any mods were awake, they would have deleted the second thread, which is only alive because mods are asleep because it was created second. Do not let the fact that mods are literally asleep give you the illusion that the second thread matters.
Or, if that does not convince you..
What you are trying to do is force a defeatist attitude onto me into just giving up when someone decides they want to force a meme or something people do not want.

Yeah it can still hit, it's just that it has very low accuracy, being leg bound reduces your evasion to 0.

You need to improve your real life LUC stat.

Bolts, like Frankenstein.
Someone post ponytail fencer and fluff fencer. I'm still trying to decide if I want the girls or Oswald.

I think Highlander's a great class, but coming straight to U2 after U1, I wasn't in the mood to use it again right away.

Well, guess that screws him in more ways than 1

Honestly I'm more excited about what Highlander created.
HP costs were never really a major thing before that fancy haired fuck showed up, because who'd want to lose HP to use their skills? Also Sweet lord his hair is the coolest shit ever
Now we have three classes with HP costs coming out, all of them playing with the concept to some degree.

>If there were any mods awake they would enforce the "First thread up" rule
The first thread up was the original thread. If that one suddenly doesn't count after a new one was made despite not even reaching bump limit then any user could make a thread right now which would be the new legit one with your stupid reasoning.

>Which was justified in this topic because..
Name calling is never justified, it doesn't serve any purpose (good arguments are enough) and just invites more shitposting because everyone gets emotional.

>No one wants a tag in the OP, the other thread has almost the same unique IPs (and probably even less people from one time posters going over there to say what a faggot you were for making a second, unneeded thread) with more posts which leads me to believe someone is trying to force a meme.
There were quite a few times where people tried to put a tag in the OP, they never managed to get it going for more than that thread. Your IP reasoning is off too.

>As I said before, making a new thread early is nothing new to Veeky Forums as a whole, there was nothing wrong with making a new thread before the bump limit and many people do it.
There is.

Oswald > Red alt > Blue alt

>Try again
>Lullaby sleeps half of my team even though I ate for Sleep Resistance
>Sovereign couldn't get their Force Break out for the TP because RNGesus hates my guts.
Scylla is really fucking easy for my team, but the game makes it harder than it needs to be with Random chance even though I'm taking the steps to reduce those chances by a lot. Almost just want to put it on Standard so I can just skip her.

Honestly if I went fluffy fencer I'd probably use the normal colors.
Plus as much as I wanna use ponytail fencer's alt the red upper bodysuit not matching with the stockings at all is a massive slap in muh fantasy fashion sense.
Plus the girls' alts don't change the color of their actual armor at all and it comes across as really fucking tacky.

Have we seen the alt colors for the fluffy fencer? Ponytail and Pigtails had different colors from each other, so we don't necessarily know what alt Fluffy looks like.

I call that fencer fluffy, user.
And those are her alt colors.
Her main colors, like every other fencer, are the ones on the cover of the box.

Ah, I was thinking this guy was fluffier.

I know those are Pigtails' alt colors.

We haven't seen GENERIC SHONEN fencer's alt yet, no.
Plus it'd be really fucking hard to top Oswald anyway, unless they like give him Rance colors or Adol or something off the walls like that.

>The first thread up was the original thread.
A first thread is a first thread.. is a first thread. This thread. You can shit your pants until the stench makes everyone around you leave, making you the victor by default. But, this will not make what you say right. You can mouse over the dates in each post to see how old the post is. And by checking (again) the other thread, it was created four (4) minutes after this (this) thread, making the other thread, the second thread.

This is a fact you cannot mental gymnastics your way out of.

>Name calling is never justified
If you act like it, you will be called it. Simple as that, however, if you called me an asshole right now I can assure you that I wont attempt to make it a bullet point in my next post.

>There were quite a few times where people tried to put a tag in the OP, they never managed to get it going for more than that thread.
You are correct, people have tried in the past. They gave up eventually. It is going to happen again.

>Your IP reasoning is off too.
How so?

>There is.
Only if you were trying to force a meme. Said it before and it needs saying again, making generals 20-30 posts before the bump limit is not uncommon.

Boys can't be fluffy.

Bullshit.

guess this is the right general. who can fill me in on what ive missed in the past 4 months?

awshit fangdorks are still going
Pallyfag pls go

this is the wrong general

>past 4 months
EOV stuff.

Quit having an autism fit over which General is right or wrong.
Whichever dies first dies first.
And for the love of fuck stop trying to force a thread shorthand. Etrian is more than enough on the search bar to find the thread you lazy shit.

>bunny maid
>dark big tiddie elf

I dont know whats going on but im liking this. so we finally got some info, I mean it was obvious from the OP but finally. I pressume we got a date too? something about August?

Yeah we got lots of info
imgur.com/a/wDjUz
These are all the portraits expect none of the alt colors.
Also we can color the hair and eyes to any color we like and give the characters voices if we want too.

new info on EO5, oppai necromancer a semen demon, EO5 has character editing and a bunch of voices, lots of shit. check their youtube

posting fangdork for fangdorkanon

I love her

Thank you lads, this is looking pretty great. The menu looks odd tho.

>posting fangdork

Yes, this pleases my autism

Early August in JP.
Classes split into 2 masteries each that you can name and strengthen one of the two gimmicks the class has.
Four playable races (Humans, elves, bunny people, and gnomes), each with different stat growths added onto their class's.
There are three pet slots for summoned units that can be your Hound's (Beastmaster ranger class) pet wolf or falcon That you can name, your Necromancer's (the do anything if you know what the hell you're doing class) ghosts, or the Dragoon's (tank class but WITH A GUN) pillbox.
Most summons can be set outside of battle.

Yeah the UI looks a bit weird, but I overall think it looks nice. Its a nice chance to change up the UI and try some things out.
Heres one of the most recent PV that goes over some things.
youtube.com/watch?v=QRsU3D-OhrM

Fangdork is for loving and worshipping

>tanks with GUNS
>summon minions
>pets that can be named
>races

Yup, 10/10 game. GOTY, need to check those trailers asap after im done with bonermancer

So 2 people representing each races and full control on character creation, fucking hell this game better be over 50 hours because I dont want to get done with it quick. Also

>female fancer with guy voice

Please tell me I didn't heard that wrong in the trailer. Please tell me we can pull traps

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE
There are ten (possibly plus two) playable classes.
>Fencers
Swordsmen who fill the generic Landshark niche, with Chains that hit once and then follow up every attack of that element in a less broken version of the Links and a more usable version of the Chases.
But they double up as really evasive and dodge based fighters, using moves from Flavio's arsenal such as Chain dance and other complimenting moves such as Sylpheed Strike, which causes a counterattack to shit you dodge, and Vision Thrust, which inflicts Blind.
Their masteries are Thunder Blade; which focuses more on offense, including making their chains hit every enemy, and other skills like Fafnir's Resonance. Their other mastery is Illusory Swordsman, who are all about the dodges.

Voices have no restrictions. You get to pick from all of them for any portrait.

>Dragoons
Tanks, but with GUNS.
They use a lot of skills from the untold tanks' skill list, such as Shield Rush, but they also have Line Guard rather than Front or Back. They also are a highly offensive tank for a change, capable of cloning their last guard skill and attacking at the same time with Gun Mount.
Their specialities are Vajra Dragon Knight, which is tank central, and Gunfire Dragon Knight, which is much more offensively inclined.
They also have a pillbox summon, which they can attack through and it auto provokes.

>Reapers
SO I HEARD YOU LIKE CHUUNI
Reapers use Scythes as weapons and dress primarily in dark outfits. If that doesn't turn you away or get you excited right off the bat, they're also your main ailment class, similar to Night Seekers, sort of.
What reapers do differently is they use the skill "Miasma Weapon", which inflicts a sidebar buff (remember how Rages or Circles worked in EO4? Like that) that drains their HP bit by bit but allows them to use their ailment skills.
Their ailment attacks hit hard and hit what could be rows or all enemies at once.
Reapers also have the ability "harvest souls" which increases enemy encounter rate and EXP gained for a number of steps.

Teach

Tanks sounds fucking brutal holy shit. Pillbox? So they act on their own or some kind of gun drone?
Time to make a trap team, my penuswenus is happy

Pallyf-
>Dat ass

hmm...

Also the guns do bash damage for some reason.

thats retarded, unless they use some kind of ballistic shells

Next on the list, and the final Earthrun (humans) class is
>Cestus
AKA, Big burly punch fuckers.
And also your kickass Bind users for the game.
Cestus can use skills like Arm break, Leg Break, or Skullcracker to inflict Binds to enemies, one at a time as per usual.
They also fill the niche of the HP cost class for the game. With skills like Ogre Fist, they use their own health to inflict greater damage to the enemy, which then chains with their Blood Rampage to let off free weapon attacks at random.

Dragoon guns do Bash because they're muskets.

Teach officially has the best ass

>Dragoon guns do Bash because they're muskets.
I get they aren't as "strong" as modern bullets, but how does being muskets change anything? Metal piece goes out of the gun and pierce into the body of the enemy.
Or have they switched to riot police rubber balls?

I wake up and find 2 threads. Who is responsible for this? Was it Stralia? Why do they love to shitpost so much?

The purpose of the modern bullet it to go through you, leave a small hole going in, big hole going out. You die.

Iron ball shots weren't that simple. They tried to force their way through your body, crushing bone and everything in it's way. A lot of the time, it didn't make it through.

That's why bash damage. It's like a high- velocity hammer.
Man, I dunno. Shit was weird. Everyone thinks we're dying.

Next is the second of the four races, Lunaria.
Lunaria are your typical elves in appearance, but don't let that fool you! They're actually super advanced and offensive magically inclined.
The first of their two classes is
>Warlock
Warlocks are your standard issue magical bitch boys for the most part.
Need fire? Gotcha Senpai.
How about Ice? Sure thing buddy.
What about lightning damage? Of course pal.
But what warlocks also bring to the table are Chants.
Chants are powerful spells that take several turns to charge up, allowing you to blast the enemy a number of turns later, similar to the Highlander's delayed Charge, which combines with Quick Chant to allow you to double cast that powerful spell on the last turn of the charge.

Warlocks have two masteries, Master of the 6 elements, and Master of the three.
Six Elements warlocks have all kinds of extra power at their command, including slashing winds, crushing earth, and piercing water (they can use cut, strike, and stab damage with other effects) and have nasty aftereffects like FUCKIN PETRIFY.

Master of the Three warlocks are the standard issue magical bitchboys you're used to, but are also your weakness hammerers with the warlock's currently unnamed Analysis standin.

If I remember my history right, muskets bullets or rather balls were used to crush bones and vital organs. Think of muskets as mini cannons. They're not used for piercing but for crushing, but if it does pierce the better.

But that's exactly how spears and arrows work. If they kill you it's because they've made a mess of your bones and organs, and they rarely come out the other side.
Besides, isn't this the cause of instant death by regular guns? They might make a tunnel, but if you're dead on the spot it's because they've destroyed something important.

>but don't let that fool you! They're actually super advanced and offensive magically inclined
So just like your typical elves?

>Necromancer
The second of the Lunaria classes, and the Summoners of the game, Necromancers are... Really fuckin weird, all things considered.
They can slash their own HP to summon a ghost to one of the three summon slots of the party, and are so far the only class that can use all three slots at the same time. (Dragoons can only have one pillbox at a time, so I hear). They can use their ghosts as charges for their other skills that use the ghosts to do all kinds of shit.
They can kill the ghosts to heal allies, deal damage to all enemies, inflict ailments, cause stat buffs to the party, or stat debuffs to the enemy force.
The ghosts also have their own HP, like all summons, and they can attack too.

Their two masteries specify how they prefer their ghosts, as allies or as resources.

The summoning mastery allows the Necromancer to summon multiple ghosts at once, up to and including filling all three slots at the same time.

The Destruction mastery makes the best use of your ghostly bombs possible.
Their one skill allows the ghost to possibly survive getting blown the fuck up so you get two uses out of the same ghost.

What do you guys think of this pairing?

How do I build ronin in eo1 not u?
apparently midareba is good but is there anything else to get?

>Besides, isn't this the cause of instant death by regular guns? They might make a tunnel, but if you're dead on the spot it's because they've destroyed something important.
Nah, buddy. If you get shot, you're most likely to die from blood loss than anything. But musket shots are different. They hit like a truck and break anything in their way. In a way, modern bullets are safer than those. It's easier to patch on big hole and hook up blood to you, harder to fix bones, patch organs up, and remove a big ass ball of lead from you.

How the fuck can someone be so obsessed with an extremely unimportant NPC that shows up for less than 5 minutes total before they die that theyre still making fan art 6 years layer?

While Arrows pierce, their main use was that they're a pain in the ass to get out of a body and will cause damage to the person if they move or try to remove it. While with Musket balls, if they hit the target you've done major damage which will slow they down or instant kill them. While in the end both do what they're suppose to do, which is kill. Both have different ways of doing it in a sense of the word. Its kinda like how Axes, Swords, Spears, and Maces all do the same thing, but have different uses in which to kill.