/btbg/ Battleborn General

Nice Matchmaking BattleBabs Edition

Previous Thread: >What is this?
A new FPS-MOBA from Gearbox. It's Borderlands without the memes, and has MNC-style PvP game modes.

>Should I buy it?
It's fun. You can grab it for $34 on keysites.

>Official Website
battleborn.com/

>Character and Helix Info
mentalmars.com/battleborn/characters/

>Unlockable Audio Lore
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-XsFNO4RD1x6-WK_Uf6gW5Rs-51Pr-Ho

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgbattleborn

>Discord
discord.gg/0xVj0DIkVdQQkr1I

1st for always having shit teammates

Second for slow, ded thread

>Score says the team got 31k score
>FINAL SCORE: 3k
>Bronze medal

We literally wiped out every group in seconds, collected pratically every shard on the map, built every turret/trap, and opened every god damn chest. What does a guy have to do to get a silver medal around here?

>Ally ran in as melee and died twice, then instantly respawned despite me picking oscar mike

I wonder if that negativly effected our score.

>kleese: 10 deaths
Sasuga pubbies.
If you are Kleese literally never stand in front of anything because you just get in the way.

WHAT HAPPENED

Galliea and Rath pressed M1
Kleese players are clinically retarded and bodyblock EVERY DAMN TIME.

Which is stupid, because Kleese upgrades to become the third sniper in the game.

>New BB is 47k to unlock through gameplay.

>not having the digital deluxe edishun
>being a poorfag

Shitter kleese spotted

I got the game for 50% off of a key site and I'm actually enjoying the game so much that I might just pick up the season pass if I enjoy the new characters gameplay enough.

Eh, I'll pass myself. Don't want to make the same mistake I did with Evolve.

I'll just save up for demobird and snakebro tho, not a fan of albino waterbender.

I'm out of games to play until overwatch hits and I've been thinking about getting this to tide me over. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the biggest mistake, how big of an mistake would that be?

There's no demo, is there?

The only real mistake is the price tag, and the lack of marketing.

Other than that it's a pretty fun game. Small playerbase but that should change over time hopefully. Don't buy unless you get it at a discount or have money to burn.

It's about 30€ instead of 50 or 60 - so half off I guess.

The game itself is actually highly enjoyable if you like the idea of a FPS MOBA.

The only issue right now is that the game is floating around 3k players actually playing. Which isn't really a problem on its own but Gearbox has a history of dropping support for games that don't do well. We can only hope that they continue to support the PC version instead of just fucking us over and focusing on the console versions.

And as said, don't buy it at full price. You can grab it at CDkeys for around 50% off though.

>Don't want to make the same mistake I did with Evolve.
Fuck user, that hurts me.

Double XP is now live

Did you always want to play league of Legends, but thought "boy, I wish it was made by gearbox and had first person perspective and cost $60"?

Then this is the perfect game for you

Anyone get any loot this morning?

Chill Randy, maybe you can find a job at EA

Get it off cdkeys for $30, it's good at that price.

Maybe I should stop trying to finish advanced Saboteur, it hurts too much. The Varelsi horde shit all over the objective.

Wasn't Evolve made by Turtle Rock and 2K?

Randy works for Gearbox.

>Chill Randy, maybe you can find a job at EA
What at all in my post implied I was a shill?
I was just stating that I shared that guy's feels over having bought the season pass for Evolve and expecting it to not die.

I think the most infuriating part about that season pass was the fact that they only released like, what, four characters for it? Then they make the Behemoth a seperate, 15$ purchase and announce a second season pass.

Literally who in the fuck thought that was a good business strategy?

2K games, the same fellas who publish this game.

2K, the litteral worse publisher in history. I bet 2K strongarmed Gearbox into making all the cosmetic DLC for Borderlands 2 and the shitty "Barely enough map for a single questline" """"DLC""""" shit just to juice more cash.

2K should burn in a fire fueled by the dead bodies of Anthony Burch's 1,488 bulls.

I uninstalled, feels good, man.

Funny how a pay to own game has more restrictive gameplay unlock requirements than f2p games.

I'm sick of this bullshit 'argument'. The characters aren't even hard to unlock. I got the game Tuesday and I'm only missing 3.

Why don't people bitch about having to unlock weapons via rank in shooter games? Its the same thing.

Casuals these days just think you can buy your way to everything's it's a disgrace

>Why don't people bitch about having to unlock weapons via rank in shooter games?

They do

>Its the same thing.

It's not

>I'm only missing 3

Have fun unlocking balanced shotgun man of skill and DLC characters in your ded game

>Casuals these days

Grinding to unlock gameplay is literally a "casuals these days" invention.

>buy your way

How about just don't lock gameplay out in pvp

>first picker chooses kleese
>two other guys pick eldrid

>Play through story mode on advanced from the get go since not a shitter.
>Unlock over half the cast
>Play 5 games of PvP
>Unlock the missing 3 guys and have tons of money.
Battlebabies....???

>go into dead general about dead game
>lie on internet

>Have fun unlocking balanced shotgun man of skill

But I literally just unlocked him today and they only released the advanced missions yesterday. It's not hard to get silver ranking if you know what you're doing. As of now there's no character in the game that takes more than a few hours to unlock so you have no argument.

k have fun with your dead and shit game you seem to love blindly defending every aspect about for some reason

I look forward to seeing your whiny post in a few years pretending like Battleborn was good back in the day if you haven't killed yourself yet

>people complain about advanced sabotuer and archive
>both the first missions I beat with kleese and caldarius
Point defense and map control
Stop just picking your husbando

>Blindly defending every aspect

But I'm not. The game has plenty of flaws like terrible matchmaking, imbalance, and low player count due to shit marketing and Gearbox being retarded in general. No-one is praising the game in its entirety.

The only thing we're doing is trying to correct blaitent false-flagging and the rampant spread of misinformation.

This game is shit. Is there a way to get my $34 back from g2a?

>few hours

I'm 25 hours in and nearly have Ghalt, so that's how long it'll take someone playing casually like me.

>we

lol

You can do a charge back but you usually need to give a decent reason. I got xcom 2 refunded because I didn't get my pre-order bonus

man you people sure are obsessed with sales figures

>sold almost as well as a game that's been out for a year
>sold twice as much as an xbone exclusive 10 year old game that's been out for 4 months
Nice one

Against my better judgement, I just bought this.

First questions: Can I change the FOV in a config? 100 is too tight, really.

Also, why is this so poorly optimized? I can run nuDoom on Ultra easily, this, not so much.

Should I ever do Advanced with more than 2 other people?

Not if you can help it, gearbox are retarded and didn't have the defense objects scale with the enemies.

DED GAM

Dead general.
I love this game to bits but the decision to lock characters behind these asinine challenge boggles the mind.

And let me just add that IF this general might get a new one, someone fucking update the OP. It's bloody weaksauce.
Don't know what to tell ya. Got a 660ti here and it's running well enough.
If you got AMD, they acknowledged that there are problems on it.

>when the escape is just right

(N+1)!th for please don't block narrow routes.

Anyone know how much this reduces damage?

>hey, let's make a game and not tell anyone about it!
>especially not one of our competitors, because hopefully they won't copy us!
Can someone name a worse developer so we can shit on them instead? I'm not seeing any advertising for Paragon.

Hi-Rez with Paladins.
It's even more of a blatant cash-in.

>only need to do Archive to get Ghalt
>autistic players ALWAYS. FUCKING ALWAYS bumrush right side at the start and deplete 3-4 lives while I get the shards by myself.
>90% of the time the dumbfucks don't even realize the sentry is moving while they die for nothing
>hold off the enemies they come and by some miracle we get to the next phase. easy enough.
>returning now and we fail at the starting place because dumbfucks are attacking people eons away

I AM FUCKING TIRED OF THE RETARDS IN THIS GAME. I AM ON TRY 1 MILLION AND AM ON THE VERGE OF PUTTING ON A MIC AND SCREAMING AT THESE INBREDS LIKE A MADMAN. JUST FUCKING DO YOUR JOBS MORONS. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Or, just solo it.

Why does paladins have mounts though

I've played it and I can't figure it out

>to get Ghalt
he's trying to get ghalt
you're not gonna get ghalt by soloing because lolbronzeforsolos

Not enough to stop the fed enemy Rath from stomping my team of uncoordinated mains.

The Heliophage playlist is just full of autists. I've had people run straight through the middle section to the second spire and spend 5 minutes fighting there instead of just running around.

Also had an El Dragon use up 5 lives because he was on the opposite side to where we were and then instantly respawning when he died.

Just need a fucking silver and I'll have Kleese REEEEEE

Paladins is like a combination of all the shittiest mechanics from Blizzards' games.
Blatant copies of overwatch heroes and abilities, shitty rng from heartstone cards and mounts from heroes of the storm.
I really don't get why anyone would play that blunder of a game.

Deaths don't effect score. You are likely missing the score globs the bosses drop during phase shifts. Every once in a while (typically when a boss goes invuln or switches modes or something), score bubbles will fly out. They also fly out when the boss is killed, and when you open big (6 slot) chests.

These score bubbles from bosses are super important if you want high rating.

You can solo it for the silver. If you get the Conservator as one of the bosses you can just farm him, he drops 20 enemeis + 9 score orbs every 20 seconds or so. Boring, but reliable

Reduced Caldarius's pistol damage from 24 to 22 per shot in testing.

Because Paladins is actually Heroes of the FortressStone of Legends: Champions of Black Ops and Knuckles 3

It hasn't done a single original thing, it just keeps taking pieces from other titles and the devs respond to this by saying "but guys we did it in Global Agenda =^)" while memeing their way through patch notes streams.

Yes I'm mad, the game coulda been interesting if it weren't an aborted Mr. Potato Head that Erez and Foreheadbear keep sticking random body parts onto.

>getting pretty much a command rank per mission

I love double xp.

It's great. Low level hero ranking is also great.

It's all great

if you think that is bad wait until you try to do advanced for ghalt

>Not just soloing advanced

It's a fucking joke m8

Mounts are AWFUL.
Looks out of place, awkward as fuck (a guy in a mech riding a horse sounds funny but looks awful).

Messed up map design because all maps are designed to work with the mount so you have vast stretches of nothing between points. It adds NOTHING to gameplay at all. It's in soley so Hirez can add in something to monetize despite no one really giving a fuck about horses.

Anyone else think Attikus has the hardest lore challenges?

>solo as oscar
>get through without ever dying, clear at a good speed
>bronze
>solo as gal
>smash through everything and never die
>bronze
>clear as cal
>ignore spawns, get objectives and chest
>run in circles during boss fights
>all time clear speed
>still bronze

You need to be picking up yellow score bubbles. Read

Does score ranking scale with team members? I want to get silver on Heliophage with a 3-man team.

Bought the game for fun gameplay and deep teamplay and strategic elements.
But why do even my fucking friends refuse to play the role of character they chose?
>I'm playing Whiskie, I will stay at the back of the lane and won't harass enemy players, just shoot mobs.

>Hm, my friend chose Galilea, and always picks full health shooting skill. I should pick Kleese and stay the fuck back, set my shield giving stuff near myself and not in corner near center of lane where our team tries to defend.

Almost every Miko I saw thinks he's THE assassin character, throws knives instead of healing teammates and runs off alone.
And nobody picks tanks and supports, so every time I have to play them and die defending the lane.
It's like most of the playerbase wants to play casual character shooter, and instead of picking TF2 or OW bought this game.

Miko is cancer.

>tfw already have 2x as much Gil needed to unlock the new hero

I feel than miko is shit support. He has miserable gamage, shit abilities, his heal is bad and requires you to fully focus on your teammates.
Where's Reyna and Ambra do pretty much the same in terms of healing, but both can heal in bursts, bully enemies and straight up murder people while covering zones.
Hope new healer character will not suck so much.

Geoff/Arachnis is the best character in this game

Wolf is way better.

That's not the M7.Super Sentry

That doesn't look like it says Toby

ISIC begs to differ

Spiders!

All of ISIC's lines are perfection.
"I've been tumbling into a nightmare of my own design for centuries. Today is just another day."

You guys remember the healing station in the middle? It didn't occur to me those things are so weak, thinking back on it now I really think it added a lot of map flow to paradise as far as making people go there. Thoughts? Am I retarded? Is the human race capable of playing Battleborn and Overwatch at the same time?

In the middle of Paradise? Was that a CTT feature because I don't remember there being one in the beta.

Coldsnap throws the healing stations around like candy, definitely changes the feeling of managing the map positions, but there's nothing in the middle. Turrets are really shitty on Coldsnap though.

Does that artist upload uncensored art ANYWHERE?
Isn't a huge deal because the tongue is the hottest part but jesus

Why does ISIC look like a chair

Yeah it was in the CTT. The room below the bridge had the only healing station on the map.

This, I played ISIC for the first time and I loved his dialogue

ARACHNIIIIIIS

They're mostly ok but his dialogue in the mission involving him is pretty bad. His conversation with Geoff is just weak on his end.

>His conversation with Geoff is just weak on his end.
I liked the Varelsi question, it's his dialogue with Kleese that makes it though.
But I really like ISIC's angle, having all teh other characters, sans Caldarius, be so non-serious and jokey during combat kinda takes me out of all of it, but a hyper intelligent consciousness that has arrived at the conclusion that reality is joke makes the whole thing seem a bit more plausible.

I wish more of the heroes were bosses or minibosses.

I could easily see toby or shayne and aurox getting out of hand. Or Attikus defending his brethen and the rest convincing him back.

>fighting Caldarius
I'd love a squishy "lol try and hit me" boss instead of the "let me stand here while you crit me endlessly as I spawn mobs for you to ignore" boss

Kleese seems like he should have been a boss.

Whiskey Foxtrot, too.

I think all the rouge characters seem like they could be bosses

Reyna sitting high and mighty, giving sheild & heals to minions and constantly marking players. Homing Plasma might be scary, bro.

Are difficult characters (i.e. Boldur, Attikus) hard to use or just hard to win with?