How many souls currently reside in hell?

How many souls currently reside in hell?

How many souls currently reside in heaven?

Other urls found in this thread:

biblehub.com/matthew/1-25.htm
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 19:26
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 1:34-35&version=NRSV
prb.org/Publications/Articles/2002/HowManyPeopleHaveEverLivedonEarth.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mmmmm

5754635 in hell
2984938 in heaven

Source: divine revelation

107 billion people in hell,
4 people in heaven: Abraham, Jesus, Reagan and my grandma

None, and none.

Firstly, because neither exist, but secondly, under Christian dogma, the souls of the dead don't receive their dues until Judgement Day. So currently, everyone should still be unconscious. This kinda puts a dampener on the whole "I DIED AND I SAW GOD IN HEAVEN" stuff.

Hell is just satan crying in a corner because no one will talk to him. Heaven is jesus and mary magdalene furiously fucking, everyone else is waiting for judgement

Where's Mary, ever virgin?

Source? I'd like to throw this at christians.

She was only a virgin jesus was conceived, joseph banged her at some point after that

>joseph banged her at some point after that
source?

Aren't the brothers of Jesus just cousins and Joseph's children from a previous marriage?

Doesn't the Bible mention some kind of cap of the number of people in heaven?

More importantly, of the 100 billion people born and dead before Christ, how many of those are going to heaven?

Spoiler: If it's zero, your faith is fucked.

>So currently, everyone should still be unconscious

They are in a foretaste of the afterlife according to their works, aided by the prayers of the living. Soul sleep is a protestant meme.

All of them!
"Christus resurrexit a mortuis,
Morte mortem calcavit,
Et entibus in sepulchris
Vitam donavit!"

There's a verse in Daniel that talks about people 'awakening from the dust on the final day' to either 'glory' or 'contempt'.

There are some verses in the Old Testament that say the dead know and do nothing.

There's also a few verses in the NT where dead people are described as having 'fallen asleep'.

In Revelation people are resurrected and judged on the last day before being allowed into heaven or cast into the lake of fire, which obviously means they couldn't have been there already.

Well, yeah, since Jesus had to entrust Mary to John shows she had no other sons. But that hardly proves she continued to be a virgin.

Church tradition and apostolic deposit proves she was a virgin.There's a reason Oriental Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox, and Roman Catholics all adhere to this and rightly call Mary the ever-virgin who gave birth to God.

Currently:

Tartarus: Millions of evil spirits of Nephilim and their fathers, fallen angels, chained until Judgment Day.

Gehenna: Zero. First two into this Lake of Fire will be the Antichrist and the pope after the Battle of Meggido, Armageddon, which is at least 7 years away..

Paradise side of Hades/Sheol: Zero. They all got taken to heaven when Jesus rose from the dead.

Torment side of Hades/Sheol: Billions awaiting final judgment, standing condemned already for their unbelief, to be cast into the Lake of Fire on Judgment Day (which is at least 1,007 years from now).

Heaven: Billions of angels who did not lose their first estate; enough for every child on earth to have at least one guardian angel.

Heaven: Hundreds of millions of saints, people who believed God, believed Moses and the prophets, trusted Jesus, and who died after being born again.

Heaven: Billions of unborn and young babies who never reached their age of accountability, yet are eternal.

Earth: Billions who have today to make the choice whether they are For Jesus, and for good, and for life, and for heaven, or Against Jesus and for evil, and for death, and for hell. I say today because you are not promised tomorrow.

And there's a reason all of those groups are going to hell.

>Church tradition
i think you mean the Gospel of Mary

The bible clearly states she was only a virgin before jesus was born

A lot more in hell than in heaven.

“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there at:”
“Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
Matthew 7:13-14 KJV

>When protestards think that 'true' Christianity was dead until a fat german antisemite got angry at the Pope
>when protestards don't know that Luther also gave Mary the title of Theotokos and affirmed her perpetual virginity.

No, I mean church tradition. St. John Chrysostom defended the doctrine of Perpetual Virginity from a purely scriptural perspective.

Approximately 7.4 billion.

This question has been bothering me for quite some time now.

Is there free will in heaven? What about hell?

I have no idea how heaven could work if there was free will, and I could never feel like I could enjoy heaven fully if there wasn't free will. Forced happiness sounds horrible.

Thoughts?

Well it's for eternity so I suppose they're are some things that are required of you to do, but forever yeah I guess it's pretty much free will.

>2016
>believing hell is a physical place
I guess people are right, Christianity as done by others is just LARP'ing as you being good a person on sunday.

What if we win at Meggido.

it's pretty clear that James is supposed to be Jesus's brother. the idea that Mary stayed a virgin comes from the apocryphal gospel of mary

They're abstracts, not concrete places.

Mary gave birth to no other children. It is not 'pretty clear'. Yes. Jesus had brothers. No. Those brothers were not Mary. They were the children of Joseph from a prior marriage.

>Forced happiness sounds horrible.

I agree. Eden was no paradise.

What?

There was free will in Eden. What are you spouting off?

But free will is the entire reason why we have suffering in the first place.

What's stopping me from stabbing someone in heaven?

Sure, they most likely wouldn't die or feel pain, but this just begs the question. How can a society even exist in heaven when humans are imperfect?

>They were the children of Joseph from a prior marriage.
there is no support for that in the texts

You're implying the soul brings to heaven the corruption of the material body that compels you to think there's inherent value in free will. Your current cognition is not your soul, you think you going to heaven is essentially a spirit form of your human body, filled with its desires for entertainment and a longing for a vague, flawed sense of the concept of "freedom".

I understand where you're coming from but in all honesty when you die and say heaven does exist and you go there you won't stab anyone. The very idea of its reality will put you in awe and shame. You will feel so much joy you would do nothing other than good

>there is no support for that in the texts

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 19:26

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 1:34-35&version=NRSV

Mary being entrusted to him indicates that she had none left in her family, as the venerable church father St. John Chrysostom says.

But do I have the choice to stab someone?

Is it really free will if I can't force myself to stab someone? Even to test this hypothesis?

Knowledge is a prerequisite for free will.

Who knows? Will find out in the next life if there is one. I'm just saying you know if its so perfect like they say you probably wouldn't even think of that.

Heaven and Hell are temporary and only exist until the Last Judgement. However, people do seem to enter heaven soon after death (remember the faithful thief). After the last Judgement, the righteous go to the New Jerusalem on New Earth and the unbelievers are thrown into the Lake of Fire.

Not really.
St. Symeon the New Theologian says that, in the 'royal palace - I mean, Paradise -', the sin of Adam and Eve was the fact that they did not willfully confess their crimes and repent. Indeed, the original sin was one of willful cooperation, as St. Symeon says prior. He did not believe God in his warning that he would die upon eating the fruit.

I understand that heaven would most likely be this abstract "thing" that I have no idea of comprehending in this current form but I'm trying to understand pearly gates version of heaven. I'm trying to enter into their head space and understand their heaven.

If they're wrong, what does it mean for them, not knowing that their beliefs in their own religion is entirely wrong?

"It's in the bible" isn't a great source, it's a pretty huge book and you're referring to a couple passages. Can you post the specific ones?

Dude just quickly read the entire bible in every version and translation until you find it, stop being so lazy

>jew here
0% of people in hell
100% people in heaven (eventually)

here's (you)

>hell
none. it hasn't been created yet

>heaven
jesus

Hell is just living on earth knowing that god exists but you can never be with him

Well then no-one's in hell, because there's not a person alive that knows god exists and can't choose to live a Christian life.

Are heaven and hell eternal? Eastern religions have a point --should someone's temporary life determine their eternal fate? Can people repent in hell? Do people acquire a new character in heaven?

Guess only the Big-G has the say.

>the 100 billion people born and dead before Christ
Uh, what? I think you're wildly overestimating here,

popultion of hell over 7 bil and countin baby

M8 they already solved this back in the 60's, you ain't converting no one with your fedora bullshit

How do things that aren't real exist in places that aren't real?

Your premise is wrong from the start because you assume they'd let someone who wants to stab people into heaven

what if he never acted on his desires to stab people?

your whore grandma is rotting in hell and you know it.

Reagan's probably in limbo with Marx

life is hell

it doesn't matter, since hell isn't real anyway.

this whole thread is based on the assumption that heaven and hell are real.

Of course not, hell doesnt start until after the resurrection and judgment. For now the dead are all unconscious

Context mate, read who I replied to.

Also, people keep saying this, but I haven't seen a source yet, just one guy going "it's in the bible", as if (as said) that's a useful source.

You replied to me

>I'm trying to understand pearly gates version of heaven
Personally I think it's just a vernacular way of referring to the overall spectacle of whatever heaven is.

prb.org/Publications/Articles/2002/HowManyPeopleHaveEverLivedonEarth.aspx

So how could hell be a literal place, if soul is not defined in Pentateuch or gospels?

Rather soul is presented as the emanation of the intellect.

I trust you man, now let's convince the king you're right and he'll summon an ecumenical counsel - and people in 21st century will just take what you said as absolute fact else they're condemned as heretics.

Theres no way we can fail man, god is on our side.

He's right tho - you could just google and find the passages in seconds, I suggest you do it - as it implies some effort.

Jesus said that the law of Moses and prophecies ( of prophets ) - will not disappear as verbal structures, until the end of times - and until then they all have to be fulfilled.

there's nothing in scripture that supports this view

Your right and following your other posts that's biblical factual. But Jesus mentions to the thief on cross that they will be together in Heaven in that same day.

So there could be a "paradise" a place for saved souls to rest until judgement and also a temporary hell - the complete darkness as Jesus described it.

It's good that king has that huge army under control - otherwise it would never have been possible.

all souls go to the 'belly of the earth' where a large chasm separates the righteous and the unrighteous. even jesus went there

matthew 12
40For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

luke 16
The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

>He's right tho - you could just google and find the passages in seconds, I suggest you do it - as it implies some effort.

So could he, and if he's going to make a claim, it's his responsibility to provide a source for it, not just go "Yeah it's somewhere in those thousands of pages".

>Jesus said that the law of Moses and prophecies ( of prophets ) - will not disappear as verbal structures, until the end of times - and until then they all have to be fulfilled.

I don't see how this is relevant?

I require an explanation please.

>Rather soul is presented as the emanation of the intellect.
Source?

Jonah is interpreted in prophetic key there.

Sheol in old testament is were you go into nothingness.

It's Paul theology, look into verses where he talks about psyche and such - and look at Greek meaning of each world and how they're used in the context of gospel by the same author later on - it's a hard work to extract all this - I did it once on Veeky Forums, but did not save it - and I won't go trough all that work again.

Yea Luke story is interesting, too bad the other evangelists did not record it. It alongside telling the thief that they will be in heaven - implies that it exist for souls.

But we both know that soul is a primitive concept, a pagan one and such thing does not exist - we as conscious beings we are not the neurons rather their activity, since neurons remain after our death but we are gone - we're obviously just their activity.

Maybe Jesus just tried to appeal to simple man - that believed in such shit. Or anyway Jesus done a pretty bad job, was very ambiguous about such matters - He never explained properly about heaven and hell - or about the law and what should we respect.

He said that we should respect the whole law then His disciples came and told us it's ok don't respect it... but there's a prophecy in Isaiah which talks about the end of times when God will come and punish those who ate pig and didn't respect the laws.. it's pretty fucked up.

1. Take poo out of your head
2. Put poo in loo
3. Go to /x/ and leave us the fuck alone
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!1!

Roughly 100 billion (milliard) people have died, of whom the vast majority were non-Christian.

This is the weirdest mix of autism. How is the pope condemmed to hell but CATHOLIC/ORTHODOX saints are in heaven. How are said saints allowed because they are not born again. Why did you determin armegeddon to be within seven years, but judgement to be one thousand years after the fact of that?

All of them will be resurrected and judged individually based on every circumstance of their life.

Deux definetly vaults

BEFORE Christ you idiot.