/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #359

Michel Is Appalling Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10068343
strawpoll.me/10072100
strawpoll.me/10079131
strawpoll.me/10079598
strawpoll.me/10107783
strawpoll.me/10118444
strawpoll.me/10162336
strawpoll.me/10170610
strawpoll.me/10209355

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/sBcjb
twitter.com/edouardcaplain/status/730043422124478464
twitter.com/edouardcaplain/status/730043039692001280
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
reddit.com/r/BlackwellAcademy/comments/3cv5hx/baby_kate_and_max/
youtube.com/watch?v=Vzz9StW8kpQ
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860
kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html
mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>this file
>it's gotta be from tumblr
>only found on some online instagram scraper
F U C K
U
C
K

>expecting Michel to get Jefferson
>happy with Warren!
what is happening

Stop. Kate is not a slut

>the storm
>swiggity sway, i'm coming for the bae

>drinking wine
>hungover everyday
>not talking cuz wine
sure user you she is not a gobbling slut for the juice
her senpai made here this blame them

Who's drunk now, slut?

i am only rollerplaying Kate
ib4 i post scandals vids

>'be honest how many attempts did it take you to land on Chloe?'
>'rachel - hide and seek champ 2013'

STOP

kate be like

Friendly reminder Kate is not a slut and she just made a really bad decision.

friendly reminder that going to a school sanctioned party isn't even a bad decision she was just an unlucky target

Kate likes to make bad decisions.

She was drugged and abused.

There was no bad decision on her behalf, you chronic retard.

whats this second strawpoll about? "reveal what happened"?

Reveal what made them create the terrible ending that is Episode 5.

>dontnod hire you to be their new community manager for s2
>you get to follow development closely and play S2 early
>but you must at all times remain positive about S1 including the final choice
>also you must give michel a foot massage whenever he asks
would you take the job, /lesg/?

Can't Michel just imagine a foot massage?

So I saw that there are some storyboard drafts out there, is there anything else like that?

imgur.com/a/sBcjb

twitter.com/edouardcaplain/status/730043422124478464

twitter.com/edouardcaplain/status/730043039692001280

Similar storyboard concepts from the same artist, but even more preliminary than what you linked.

Chloe will do that to you.

Does this count?

How is she so perfect?

No idea.

It's probably the fact she has a hard exterior but she's just lonely and simply wants to be loved.

It makes her really sympathetic.

Night /lesg/

please don't die ;_;

True Ending:
>No storm (Because it's fucking stupid)
>Jefferson is locked away
>Max wins the Everyday Heroes Contest and goes with Wells
>Chloe has been working at the Diner with her mother so she's getting things together and has some money
>Joyce gives her the day off
>Chloe shows up at the gallery and surprises Max
>Life is happy

Please don't brush your teeth

Yes, I want to hug her loneliness away. Fortunately Max already does that. Their hugs are so dramatic too; you can really see that there's a lot going on in each one. Max nuzzling into Chloe as if she were home, Chloe fiercely clinging on to Max like she never wants to let go.

We are 10 little people right now. That's pretty cosy, but hopefully there'll always be someone keeping us alive through the bitter nights (*shoots disapproving glare in direction of lazy handful of NA posters*). Goodnight.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

I know. Watching their hugs was great and I wish we could have seen a true kiss.
There's so much history and love between them that they really are perfect together.

It's going to be one those nights, isn't it?
Let's talk about something. We've had fun discussing a band AU before.

Thankfully many artists (Render or otherwise) made up for this lack.

I still like that old babbies au.

That one was cute.
That was Rowan wasn't it? I also like the one where Max & Chloe have a daughter.
There's some nice AUs out there.

No it wasn't on any of the fanfic sites. It was one of our creations from a thread made between Episode 3 and 4 (in other words it's ancient). It was this silly thing we came up with where Max accidentally time zaps herself and Kate into toddlers and they get taken care of by Chloe and Victoria. There was a little fic on reddit that was based on the ideas we tossed around. reddit.com/r/BlackwellAcademy/comments/3cv5hx/baby_kate_and_max/

I'm not a fan of rowan but I do kind of like those elementary school and daughter stories. They're mostly just harmless cuteness.

Kate didn't do anything wrong.
>Get made fun of for being religious and not being like other students that party, drink, smoke, etc
>Get made fun of because she decided to try to fit in, went to a party, and got drugged
There was talk in these threads a while ago that the storm was sent by God because the people of Arcadia Bay were assholes. I don't think that's far-fetched.

What if /lisg/ was hit by a storm because people hated Kate?

I hate Kate. We all hate Kate.

Come on storm. Do your worst.

>We all
Speak for yourself.

Please God, do not let this fool speak for us all.
I love or like all characters except Jefferson and Sean.

You like Warren?

I tolerate him. He's Max's friend and he did make it easy to save Chloe so I do give him some credit.

I posted this a little while back but I thought of some more positions:
Name of the band is Arcadia Baes
Both Max and Chloe sing in addition to playing their instruments.
Max plays guitar
Chloe plays bass or keyboard depending on song
Kate plays violin
Victoria plays drums
Alyssa helps write lyrics
Dana and Juliet design costumes
Brooke and Warren handle the staging and effects
Frank handles their security and drives the RV they go around in
Stella is overall manager

Well, there is one true kiss...

Chloe belongs in a band!

Nice, I was looking for the pic of Chloe playing bass. I think there may be another too, but I couldn't find either.

>Well, there is one true kiss
I certainly didn't see it in my playthrough. I'll just to have to image the hundreds- nay, thousands more they have.

Aha! And there the other one is. Excellent timing.

Can Alice and Lisa join in too?

Sure. Lisa is always a permanent fixture on the stage that resulted from a joke Max did one day. She placed Lisa on a stool with a mic placed in front and it ended up being a continuing thing.
Since the music may be too loud and the lights too much, Alice is more their mascot than something on stage. She sits in a cage behind the stage and at the end of the show Kate will either bring her out on a leash or holding her.
Once they create a logo that goes on all their gear it can have a potted plant and rabbit on it.

>take the job
>start asking michel about openings in the story department while debasing self giving foot rubs
>he's all "that's great imagination :) but the teams full. why someone would have to die for an opening to appear"
>offer raoul and michel some tea i prepared
>when they complain it tasted bitter, and a little almond-y, i just tell them that imperfection is beautiful
>tragedy strikes, and the two funerals are really awkward and poorly organised. half these guys just pose all stilted and awkward. it's like a bad prerendered cutscene that was organised at the last minute.

Does Luc waddle like a penguin that shat itself?

Chloe is #1

Kate is #1

Max is #1

Nope.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vzz9StW8kpQ

I want to attend Max and Chloe's wedding!

I want to attend Kate's wedding and see her get cucked at the altar!

So who is #2?

Jefferson is most definitely a #2.

wtf was going on with the last thread?

Eventually I will put together a flowchart of similar music, like the /mu/ ones. Got a few ideas working, but to busy to do anything with them.

If you want to contribute, please contact me on steam, or reply to this post.
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860

Thanks to photoshopgril for putting together the background image and the second chart,
polaroidgril for assembling the album covers/artist names/etc. onto the background image,
Dr. Zaius for helping in general.

I have a torrent of all the games music, Morali's OST, the Vortex Club party, all the licensed songs (most in lossless format), and all the albums they were taken from.

Magnet link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4AF55CE2E1F48771E92E4CCE8E92156EC6A96152&dn=various+artists+life+is+strange+ost+2015&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

I will be seeding this for the foreseeable future, so even if it says no seeds, leave it up long enough, and I'll come online. PC can't be on 24/7, you know?

kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html

Alternative download on MEGA, if you get it from here, please add the files to your torrent folder to facilitate easier downloads for others.

mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w

Spotify playlist of the licensed music here:
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
It's better than the official one. Really.

FLAC rip of official OST from the limited edition, courtesy of polaroidgril.

mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ

Do you mean the Michel stuff? He's gone off the deep end.
That or he dove off the shallow end and bashed his head.

Do you think Kate would ever fall for Max?

You know what with her being a devout Christian and all

Maybe. She and Max seem to get along great, but I don't think I could see them being together. In any timeline where Chloe exists, Max will be with her and Kate will respect that (Although she may question it at first since she's concerned for her friend).
Max and Kate seem more like sisters to me. If Kate fell for any girl i may be Victoria after she becomes nicer or maybe Stella. As for guys in Arcadia Bay the best choice may be Nathan after he gets the help her seriously needs.

As much as I hate the Kate/Warren pairing even that would be better than Kate/Nathan. While I don't mind the idea of Kate eventually forgiving him if he showed genuine remorse and tried to make up for his actions, I don't think she could ever get together with someone who drugged and abducted her.

It would take a long, long, time. Like maybe 10 or 15 years down the road they meet again and Nathan has done a complete 180. They sit down and talk and Nathan tells Kate about everything and how he was ill but nobody would help. Kate yells at him and says what she went through, but sees he's changed and forgives him. They agree to meet again and talk some more, and it eventually leads to a relationship.
Nathan really was just a tool, if he didn't exist then Jefferson would have found someone else as a lackey or done it himself. And if his father actually gave a damn he would have turned out better and gotten help.

Nini /lesg/!

In terms of anyone being paired with Warren I am warming up to the idea of him and Victoria. I think they would actually get along and Victoria would be with someone she didn't feel threatened/ overshadowed by.

>Warren/Victoria
No thanks.

Wowser. The camera mod makes for so many new photo ops. Although the possibilities are kind of overwhelming and the angles fiddly as hell.

If there are any scenes (cutscenes primarily) you think that would be cool to see other angles of, I could try and get those shots.

Anything Pricefield. Hugs, the pool scene, kiss, etc. I don't know how the mod works so no clue what would be possible or not.

can you explore the ending scenes? Particularly around Arcadia Bay after the storm

I want to feed Victoria cookies and milk.

You can basically freeze the game and there are 10 or so pre-set camera angles to scroll through and then some of those make for nice shots. That's possible at all times save cinematics (i. e. those 30fps videos). Will get all the hugs and kisses.

The endings are cinematic content unfortunately. No exploring around possible there.

Neat. I wonder how the facial expressions will be. Hopefully they are adequate and not just a blank stare because they didn't think anyone would see them.
Chloe's seems fitting there in a "Holy shit I almost just fucking died" sort of way.

From what I could tell until now (only went sloppily through a few parts of Episode 2 because it's my favourite) both the facial and body animations keep up perfectly fine off-camera. Sometimes there's teleporting, but overall it works from all angles. I guess that's the benefit of mo-cap: the scene is "real". And dontnod used plenty angles for cutscenes themselves of course, so the facial animations are mostly done for the entirety of them too.

kek

Love this one. Research about her uber-bizarre time travel powers left her room messy and herself underslept, went to get a shower and caught Victoria making fun of Kate who she is now going to talk to, in the meantime fucking Nathan just had to trash her room and leave her that sick photomontage, Chloe wants to meet her for breakfast and isn't there someone waiting for her outside, peeking out obnoxiously every now and then?

Just a perfect image of how much stuff Max has to deal with that week.

Lel.