/owg/ — Overwatch General

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>/owg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f4jgjADsR1q3vjxS4SvLBaqvvnAcr0Pxg4ggs6_wObw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Flockmod
flockmod.com/owg

>Hero Animated Short Info
playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20119621

>Pharah "Mission Statement" Comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/pharah-mission-statement

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/1n4-Xcs6_u2-uPPNrSUYiyKhE1_xFxrt1NsgbsrSOw6w/viewform
youtube.com/watch?v=qytdp4obq9g
youtu.be/-0zWEcpLoHU?t=8m
youtube.com/watch?v=FQOyjxQaDAk
overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/D.Va
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dominant healer edition?

Forgot the survey: docs.google.com/forms/d/1n4-Xcs6_u2-uPPNrSUYiyKhE1_xFxrt1NsgbsrSOw6w/viewform

I can't wait for the summer when Blizzard adds Omnic pussy to the game.

nerf the roboto

TRACER IS THE BEST WAIFU

what does that even mean?

No such thing in overwatch except maybe Lucio. Mercy is completely at the mercy of her team whereas Lucio dictates the tempo of the team.

Yes

Yeah, Pharah is kinda OP.

Dude, have you seen this?

youtube.com/watch?v=qytdp4obq9g

That's how Lucio is supposed to be played

He's aggressive as fuck

>what does normal mean

Are you really this confused when confronted with the idea that not everyone falls into an anime archetype.

lmao I already played against you and cockblocked the fuck outta you with mei

tfw when I played so much on pc, but ultimately had to get it for console because I have 8 friends that play with me there, and now I suck with genji because I cant turn around fast enough with a joystick

Overwatch makes Jeff Kaplan the greatest game developer OF ALL TIME
youtu.be/-0zWEcpLoHU?t=8m

Why won't western dev make qt traps
I don't get it
They spend their time licking SJW's boots, they could gain a tremendous amount of good goy points by "pandering to non-binary gender bodies" but somehow they don't do it

>What was your first hero?
>Bastion 2
There was 2 people who gave their virginity to a boring crutch character.

>My ultimate (sound barrier - 100%) is ready
>I am ready to break the sound Barrier
>My ultimate is ready
>group up
>group up on me
>My ultimate is ready
>group up
>Let's attack the objective
>Group up with me
>My ultimate is ready

I don't think sexualizing the hell out of traps would make the SJW folks happy

Shut the fuck up /v/

>boring
He's supa fun if you play him like a pseudoHeavy instead of lmao static turret.

>Symmetra isn't a support

I'd say she's a support. She's just not a healer. She's a utility character instead. Symmetra supports her team by giving them more EHP; harassing contested chokes with her m2; slowing enemies in contested zones; the teleporter ofc.

The problem is party that her kit is sort of shit right now (only being able to have 3 stacks of turrets and having a murderous cooldown on them completely fucks over her character concept) and because too many people jump on Symmetra and thinks: "well surely I'll be of most use to my team by putting all off my precious turrets in one spot so that any hero in the game can kill them all in a few seconds, putting me on a 30-60 wait until I can be of use to my team again" rather than spreading them all over a contested zone to ensure that at least one beam is always slowing down an enemy trying to push through.

I'm guessing Blizzard has in mind to add more utility-minded supports in the future, but for now Symmetra is the only one we got.

>crutch character
Low Tier God is that you

Please use this as OP pic next, thanks.

Who said it had to be sexualised character-wise?
Mei isn't sexualised at all in her character design, yet she's one of the most popular lewd fanart girl

don't talk about that dollar store DSP

don't worry, i can virtually guarantee blizz will do some kind of gender nonconforming and/or trans character -- it's just a matter of time

I'm like 90% sure Pharah has a giant penis

>anime archetype

It's a way to describe a person's personality.

What does normal even mean?

>Wallrunning

I'm sad that I kept on forgetting that was something that Lucio could do until after the last day of the Beta.

Same with how Toblerone isn't played just for his Turret and can wreck a ton of face with his Rivet Gun or how Winston is amazing for countering Widowmaker,

pharmercy is back on the menu, boys!

Honestly, he's really good. If you trashed him that much then you must be pretty good yourself.

I'll give Tojbrone a new chance as I also dismissed his as useless until i saw people wrecking face with it and not even depending on the turret

where the FUCK is genjis gray fox skin?

Anime characters aren't people user

shadow hides it.

>20-30 hours 22 26.8%
>30-40 hours 7 8.5%
>40+ hours 23 28%

slightly amusing

The souls are very people-like, even if their bodies aren't real.

I just now realized Pharmercy is a ship name instead of a pun on pharmacy for Mercy players.

Immortan Joe and Warboy skins for Roadhog and Junkrat when

If you could add a new type of item to spend coins on, what would it be, /owg/?

I'm thinking purchasable crates for like 100-200 coin would be nice

He was the only good player I played against in the open beta tbqh, I was just being cheeky.
Wanna team-up on release buddeh?

I'm so in love with Tracers playstyle. But honestly I feel like it's unfair how food she is. I can't think of a single hero that I can't take down or at the very least get away from. Same with McCree.

Maybe they arent too good, but the other heroes are just so much more niche/hard counterable.

Thoughts?

>closed beta Lucio
Yeah he does less damage now, they nerfed him.

Never

she's so food?

Stop lying to yourself and everyone else.

Mei

I want to eat D.Va's jailbait ass!

You live in shitterville and need to move out before you continue voicing your opinions.

The only character that's an actual problem is widowmaker because she doesn't have any actual counter. The best you can do is pick a character who can dive her but she can get away from that and you'll probably just die right after you kill her if you do.

>1 day
>10 hours
It's so close I can taste it.

4 hours 9 minutes until cinematic

>wow how dare he have extensive experience in other FPSes and not be a neo-/v/ shitter like us!
stop

>D.Va

And a good thing too
His damage output is still insane for a hero that can speed up, heal up, AND wall ride

She's 19 which makes her older than most people in this thread.

>19

Good. Stick to that story. We'll both avoid a lot of trouble.

This game has taken over my life.

Ever since the open beta I've spent hours thinking about it every day. For the last few days I've been thinking about it for every hour of every day, constantly refreshing dozens of websites for any more scraps of content, discussion, and news about Overwatch. I've spent hundreds of hours watching Overwatch videos on YouTube so I'm fully prepared for launch. I upgraded my preorder to Origins edition for the extra skin. I bought tickets to the launch celebration events just in case there's exclusive skins given away. I've become physically unable to enjoy any other media, whether it's other video games or anime. It all feels devoid of the life and happiness that Overwatch gives me. I've changed my desktop and phone wallpapers to Overwatch heroes. I've coded and created an app for my phone that replaces my wallpaper at 12:00 to McCree and announces out loud "It's high noon".

I'm listening to the soundtrack on repeat and scouring the web for remixes of the soundtrack. I've ordered custom keyboard keys for Overwatch, a new mouse pad, and some posters to put in my wall frames. I've annoyed my friends so much several have blocked me and many others have forbidden me to talk about Overwatch to them, because I tried to shill the game so obsessively to them that I turned them all away from playing it with my obnoxious pestering. I've jacked off at least 4 times a day to Mercy, Tracer, D.VA, Widowmaker, and Mei. I legitimately cry at the animated shorts and memorize every single native language soundbyte all the heroes use for their ultimates. I've started researching the countries the heroes come from so I can have a better cultural understanding of them. I've reread all the wikis and comics three times, and rewatched all the trailers and shorts at least 40 times each.

Blizzard have destroyed my life. I want to end everything so I can join Overwatch and answer Winston and Tracer's call to do something and help the world have more heroes.

hey HEY HEY! I'm 22 in 4 days..

You might be right. I only got to play quick play so maybe I just never faced any really good players. But I was constantly going on 40+ killstreaks with Tracer. Offense, defense whatever.

EVERYONE GET STABILIZED

>you will never ride with Roadhog into valhalla

>playing Hanzo ever

He has the same amount of depth as a Huntsman Sniper in TF2, as in "NONE AT FUCKING ALL."

You just spam arrows down narrow chokes where you think the enemy is going to be and cross your fingers hoping that it connects. It was fun doing that in TF2 for a little while, but I'm completely over that brainless style of gameplay now.

>The only character that's an actual problem is widowmaker because she doesn't have any actual counter.
DVa and Winston can shit on WM's chest.

YOUNG PUNKS...

GET OFF MY LAWN

lol

do Hanzo's arrows even pin dead enemies to walls? that was the most enjoyable part about Huntsman

>epeen
>>>/reddit/

youtube.com/watch?v=FQOyjxQaDAk

If only you had some tool to help you figure out where enemies were.

I want casual consolebabbies out of my general, I was just happy to see a guy I played against.

It's fun climbing into cool spots with him

Sonic arrow is good and gives you a mini Widowmaker ultimate constantly

Scatter arrow lets you do some cool stuff if you're good with it.

He's a good counter to Bastion.

And who doesn't enjoy a good RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU

>Age: 19
overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/D.Va

>I can't lead my projectiles so that must mean no one else can. After all, I'm the apex casual shooter player.

Do you guys have any news if it is possible to try the game before buying it?

I literally can't stand fast FPS but it seems that a few characters in Overwatch (like Wilson or Mercy) should be right up my alley. But I really like to try before buying? Have you heard anything about that?

>personal buttbuddy Mercy
video discarded

She lied about her age. That's what women do.

Don't ruin this for me.

I like Tracer. She kills omnics and doesnt afraid of anything.

>pubstar with a mercy orbiter

no thanks

I think Hanzo is better than the other user is giving them credit but this is an awful video

>Mercy on his dick damage boosting

wow Hanzos OP huh

Anyone have tips for using this piece of shits ult? I get creamed instantly when I use it. I try to flank and pick off enemies but out of like 30 attempts, 29 ended with me swinging my sword once and instantly dying.

>competitive gaming
>overwatch

pick one

if you didn't play during the massive open beta across all platforms a couple weeks back I seriously doubt there will be any free trials/wwekends for a long while

>pocket medic

My sentiments exactly. HOLY SHIT

If this were TF2, I would votekick the shit out of that Medic for only healing one guy.

>You just spam arrows down narrow chokes where you think the enemy is going to be and cross your fingers hoping that it connects.
That's the wrong way to play Huntsman. It deals 200+ damage with headshot with almost no charge. Huntsman is not meant to be spammed at full charge.

who are you kidding?

yourself?

cry yourself to sleep tonight like every night

Right, I think I'll ask a friend to let me try it first.

>#buttgate was two months ago

>All these salty pubstar who's talking trash to hide the fact that they aren't good enough to get a pocket healer when they play

Just be better?

There's no secret

The whole youtube/twitch culture really ruined a lot of games. It also feeds into the whole not actuall solo queue/dynamic queue thing where you have 2 buttbuddies jerking each other off all game and pretending how great they are and everyone else let them down.

If you play black ops 3 you'll notice that maybe 90% of players are paired with someone else. The playlist that doesn't allow groups to join has maybe 50 people playing it ever.

Why are you so proud of yourself for countering Lucio with one of the few Lucio counters?

>that feeling of satisfaction from damage boosting a sniper who can aim or a bastion who can hold down m1 correctly

>Overwatch
>fast FPS

he literally picked scissors against a paper as is hyping himself up as if he was a rock

multiple bypass into the iris

Who has the best movement skill, /owg/?