/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy

No themed edition edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687358103
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Spain
>white

No cares what shade of brown you are as long you purge xeno scum

>Government type: Hive Mind
>Drastically reduces ethics divergence
>However, factions will gain support much faster leading to rebellions.
>'consume' option that works the same way as purge, but gives your planet an increase in output during the consumption.

What sort of stuff would you like to see added to the game?

Tentacle empire with breeding stock gameplay and related questchains when?

Is there a general military guide for Civ 5?

I'd like to make use of my superior economy to impose my militaristic will on others, but I know fuck all about military strategy in this game

>we wuz reconquista n shieeeeet

>playing multi with 3 other friends
>One north of me, one East of me and one far south of me
>out-grow East and North, they're chill anyway
>South friend has it out for me, he's poured about 100hrs into this game while the rest of us are 20 a piece
>He hops from the bottom of the map straight to the top and colonises right next to my home systems, places a few wormholes nearby
>We're 'equivalent' in everything but I'm nowhere near his home stars due to expanding towards safe zones
>His experiences will crush me and he's a big min-maxer

Scared mates

Spain is whiter than America.

More in depth elections

make a few spear/pike units
give them cover, first aid

Make ranged units to actually kill the enemy while you melee units stop the enemy from getting to your ranged units.

If you are playing against the AI, use the terrain to buttfuck them, because the AI is utterly retarded.

Once you get long-ranged artillery and ships this gets even easier.

>Vassal declaring war on me for the third time

Glad I installed the glassing planets mod

Corvette spam him.

So I have Stellaris, but i've never seen or heard about Distant Worlds until now.
What are the differences between the two and why play one over the other?

A total revamp of the population system that makes it so you don't fill planets almost instantly and then call it a day

distant worlds is for people who have severe autism

There a workshop link to that? Does it unbalance the gameplay?

So your standard 4x/gsg fare.

torp vette his ass

Kek, this.

Assuming a pop is a billion people, how the fuck have I populated 4 new planets with ~30 billion people in like 60 years?

Both*

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687358103

Don't know yet how balanced it is.

Total 4X noob here, what should I play ?
Fantasy or SF preferably.

Thanks friend.

I have a fleet of 85 corvettes and I juuust researched the 4th level of drives with aemoured torps and level 2 defence computers + I have a +15% evasion admiral and +5% evasion mod

Problem is I've been neglecting ports in sectors, I have a bigger 'base' but he's more prepared and has a forward base in my heartland.

>this is how a nigger negotiates

>permanently

reach recovered, the destruction is not as total as you'd think

I want /pol/ to leave.

>XDDD LE WHITE PORTRAITS AND GLASSING BLANETS

this game is not fun

Humans are all niggers, never trust the fuckers

your mom is not fun in bed

do you really think everyone here posting racist shit browses /pol/? hint: /pol/ isn't racist, Veeky Forums is

Try Alpha Centauri

kek

Racism has no place in modern day society.

Dunno. How did Earth's population sextuple from 1 billion to 6 billion in a hundred years?

a racist is one of the two candidates for president of the most powerful nation in the west

This, humans are the niggers of the galaxy.

Why do "minorities" get preferential treatment then with all the diversity hiring programs and scholarships and so on?
That's literal institutionalised racism.

Sometimes it's fun to play as the opposing team.

Distant Worlds doesn't become empty in the midgame for once.
Also it is the king of automation, or rather semi-automation. You can automate only what you desire, and even when you automate something you can still intervene in it.
That's great because it changes the way you play between when you're starting and when you're a large galaxy-spanning empire.

I've just started playing Stellaris, and want my empire to span the galaxy

can people post the maps of their empires, preferably spanning the galaxy

Dragon Reborn user I'm looking at you

Clinton is not racist.

t. reddit

Hillary is many things, but I wouldn't really call her a racist.

“We have to bring them to heel”
-hillary clinton

Everyone is more or less racist. It's literally in our DNA. You can't stop being racist on an unconscious level.

Luckily there's also Trump to vote for.

Nice chronological snobbery.

>fantasy or SF

why not both?

Has anyone tried never leaving your solar system and turtling playthrough? What kind of traits would you use?

Did a recent patch up the AI's willingness to join alliances and federations? Seems as though you can't take a couple of planets without everyone allying against you.

Not that it's unrealistic, just annoying to deal with in the first 20 years of the game.

americans are dumb, more news at 11

>citizens and serfs are dumb
holy shit! a newsflash indeed! good thing this is only limited to the usa and not every country on the planet

lmao american butthurt right on schedule

Very nice ship design.

Kinetic, lasers or Missiles?

I've only really tried lasers

>Fantasy
Master of Magic.
Age of Wonders 3 and Age of Wonders 2 may be more accessible though.

I have some 4x charts, but they're on another computer.

>sci fi
Alpha Centauri

Stellaris if you want something easy to get into

communal and conformist so you'll be a more convenient slave pop for your overlords once you get conquered

How you get that view?

canadian, actually. or are you legitimately implying that people aren't dumb?

no i'm american, i just wanted to shame you for falling for lazy euro bait

DW is really good.
The different species actually play differently, the win conditions are more than just blobbing, the diplomacy is actually somewhat involved.
The game has a lot wider scope but it also has really well designed and highly customizable automation features.
So early game you have plenty to do microing every little thing but late game plays completely different and it feels like you have all the control without all the tedium.

Click on ship details

DW has an actual economy. Planets have resources, several different resources, and extracting them is vital. For example ships use fuel so if you use a design based on hydrogen and doesn't have enough to fuel your whole fleet, your entire armada can get fucked. There's a civilian private sector where private enterprises construct mineral bases and extract resources to go the economy
Population move around independently if they want, though you can forbid certain planets from getting xeno immigrants. You can set up penal colonies and ship undesirable races to go slowly be deported there
There's actual galaxy customization too

The only thing Stellaris has over DW is pretty graphics and an event system. Ethics would be kinda nice too.

>Just started a game
>Be glorious avian technocracy
>We're better than you and can prove it scientifically
>Asshole spacebug neighbors, tiny, one planet, equivalent in everything
>Need for slaves intensifies
>First fight goes well, win by a decent margin, fleet still takes enough damage to ground it for repairs
>Second fight goes about the same
>Third fight - their numbers block out the sun
>Went from stacks of 500 to stacks of 1.5k
>Still a single planet empire, barely five systems in their control, the fuck do they afford all this
>Begin wupping my ass horrendously
>One of two options left to me; Bunker up in my home system and pray to god for PDS tech to roll, or pump out colony ships and run like a bitch
>Just another day in space

>Download the white people only mod
>Get this

found it, thanks, thought it was a different ship designer view

LE EBIN ITALIA WE WUZ WHITESS XDDDD

Hispanics has been historically classified as white before Bill Clinton decided to score minority points by "inventing" a new race.

uh

Life is racist.
Evolution is racist.
Or you are one of this creationist guys that think that God make human perfect and good?
I never kinda understood this.
How you could believe in evolution and not be racist?

Does anyone else only play on fast and very fast?
especially late game?
i haven't turned off very fast since i hit 2300.
i even started a new game on very fast and it was like playing an RTS

very fast and pause are the only two useful states

>Implying Trump wouldn't be like Horatio

This.

>Agenda: Secure the Borders
perfect.

I just set it to slow instead of pausing, occasionally going up to normal or fast in dull periods

>amoeba extirpator
>not flagellating movement
Nigga what are you doing?

What is the fucking point of xeno slavery when your own population gets pissed off when you do it, even if you're an empire predicated upon slavery?

Why shouldn't I just purge every xeno and then drop my shit head civilians onto the planet for being dicks?

>play on normal speed
>Alt tab and do stuff
>Occasionally look back

I play it casually

>mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

Does anyone have the link to the forum that hosted this link? They had a tool that helps with unpacking the mods.

>not making gulag planets for dissidents

there's literally no reason not to if you can stand the genocide relationship hit

i have no idea i don't research shit
i just rush for resources and colonise and outpost whenever i can
i dont know what those things are or how to use them

Extreme collectivists have no problem with and you can make slaves shit out minerals if you dedicate entire worlds to mining

Yeah that's exactly what I have planned really. The fucking aliens in question ATTACKED ME FIRST. Then I fought a second war and took one of their planets in the ceasefire. They're xenophobic spiritualists. You're damn right I enslaved them. But my bitch civilians want to be all Underground Railroad with a race that would exterminate them without question.

Fucking space liberals.

They know.

>Start new games as off-humans
>Imagine they were a colony ship sent away ala Sid Miere's: Alpha Centuri
>First quest that pops up is crazy cultists attacking.
>Tasked with exploring their systems
>One of their systems is Sol
>Its three jumps away
>Its where the cultists base is.

Betrayed by my own people

anyone with 1.0.3 having the same problem?

Anyone got some cool namelists for Stellaris?

yes but where is it from?

>continental preference doesn't make all planets habitable

Yep.
Just take fresh files from patched game and use them for a changes tand it should work.

Fake. That stick is thicker than his heda.

what do the research resources even do? i don't see them do much except increase if i build stations for planets that have them
i'm tlaking about the blue green and orange icons

So has there been any info on what Civs are being added for VI? Any speculation?

Which ones do you think will be dropped? Given just how many there are I imagine that after all expansions are released there will still be at least one civ I like that doesn't make the cut

I've been meaning to sit down and dig into Distant Worlds for a while. For reasons meantioned.
You know any good written guides? I've tried watching it but it's kind of a bore to watch a game as long as Distant Worlds. Text guides let me look up stuff at my own pace.