nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Lippens
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He was the Shadow the Hedgehog of colonialism

You really got to give him a hand.

anglo propaganda

The English aren't even portrayed in a positive light in that pic

It's in German you tit. We Englishmen love Leo/pol/d

Except he literally did.

You'd have to either be memeing or delusional to pretend that what he did to the Congo wasn't pretty fucking bad.

I bet you aren't even Belgian. Maybe you aren't even European!

I'm a racist and yes he did a lot of stuff wrong.

You don't just mutilate your slaves.

You punish them by other means, or, in the perfect scenario, positively encourage them to work for you.

I'm just pointing out that the germans swallowed the genocidal leopold meme.
According to some statistics he managed to kill like 200% of the population at that time.

How did he talked his way into this?

To out anglo the anglo you have to become the anglo

source? Is the idea that Leopold was a genocidal sadist based on untrue German propaganda?

Not many liked him as a human being at all.

Lying and whining.

No he was a genocidal maniac. Some just exaggerate his actual involvement in the atrocities. But again don't get me wrong. There may be some exaggeration but he was a maniac.

He wasn't a maniac he was just greedy, a.k.a. a Jew

jungle is so romantic

Germans confirmed for autistic yet again.

Political cartoons used to be funny.

Fun fact: On the eve of decolonisation, Liberals in the Belgium cabinet, felt so bad about what they did in the Congo, they convinced the Hutus to revolt against their Tutsi masters. Unfortunately they had long encouraged both sides to see each other as two separate races, so well...the last 50 years in Burundi, DRC and Rwanda are a testament to the Belgians attempt at imperialism.

He is guilty of one thing.. having a banging beard.

>Hey France, I'm gonna take this massive piece of Africa, but don't you worry. In case I fail I'll give it to you instead.

>Hey Germany, I just promised to France I'd give him the Congo if my colony fails so you better support my endeavour or else it will become French in no time.

>Hey England, look at all this land France and Germany both want. You better make sure they don't get hold of this sweet colony!

this

There's still a lot of statues of him in our country, it's pretty funny actually how regular Belgians don't really care/know/realize about all the stuff he did.

Here is a statue in Oostende. In most major Belgian cities you can still find his statue. Granted they do get vandalized a lot.

t.Belgian

>statue has no arms
POTTERY

Also this statue, called the Debruyne & Lippens statue, was made to justify colonizing the Congo. The statue is in honor of two army officers who died fighting against Arab slavers. So to avenge these two officers Belgium had to go deeper into the Congo and fight the Arabs.

Both these officers came from the Belgian coast where the statue was also put. For the reason that a lot of people could see it (seaside resorts were very popular at the time) and sway their opinions. It's pure propaganda.

nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Lippens

>Schutt and Schnee abladen ist hier verboten
ebin

>mfw i'm belgian

> it's pretty funny actually how regular Belgians don't really care/know/realize about all the stuff he did.

tbqh we're just apathic about our colonial past. There was an extreme minority of Belgians living in Congo. Nobody even knew what Congo was all about, even during the colonial period.

truly a great man