/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 21th:
192 – Dong Zhuo is assassinated by his adopted son Lü Bu.
853 – A Byzantine fleet sacks and destroys the undefended Damietta in Egypt.
1176 – The Hashshashin attempt to murder Saladin near Aleppo.
1370 – The Brussels massacre: Several Jews are executed or killed and the rest of the Jewish community is banished from Brussels, Belgium.
1799 – Napoleon makes a statement in support of re-establishing Jerusalem for the Jews.
1939 – World War II: Germany and Italy sign the Pact of Steel.
1943 – Joseph Stalin disbands the Comintern.
1967 – Egypt closes the Straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping.

>News
HoI4 DD56 - Bits and Pieces
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-56-bits-pieces.930457/

EU4 DD May 12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-12th-of-may-2016.929369/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kCEUZ4rFiac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Next ck2 expansion when

way down south in the land of traitors
boy do I love alligators

>polish dlc
this is a meme right?

"As the Assembly is aware, last week Communist revolutionaries seized Rio de Janeiro, overwhelming the Brazilian army and local civilian militias. What is less well-known is that the Communards then proceeded to assault the Royal Palace. It is my solemn and somber duty to report to the Assembly that Empress Isabel, may God rest her soul, was shamed, tortured, and executed in her own home. The Assembly will understand why this is an even more personal issue for myself, as now-Emperor Pedro III--who is blessedly with us here in France during this madness--is my son-in-law.

"We return to matters the Assembly knows: the new Communist government has seized all foreign assets, has declared all of its debts void, and has seized nationals from multiple countries in an attempt to de-incentivize an outside invasion. As unfortunate as it would be to provoke them, nevertheless I stand convinced that the barbarity of this regime will merely grow if it is permitted to stand any longer than necessity demands.

"I believe the Assembly will agree that, even in spite of our weariness, no true Christian man would permit such inhumanity to reign. Therefore: in keeping with France's strategic goals of limiting the spread of Communism, and of protecting her nationals and their property, it is my duty this day to inform the Assembly that there now exists a state of war between France and the so-called 'People's Commune of Brazil.'

"France seeks no territorial aggrandizement from this war; she seeks only to restore good government to Brazil, and to return her esteemed cousin Pedro to the throne of his forebears. We will be gentle to the people, but a fury to the Communards. This I swear."

-Speech of Napoleon IV to the Assembly, declaring war on the People's Commune of Brazil, 2 June 1908.

Who here /germanicwardance/?

youtube.com/watch?v=kCEUZ4rFiac

strzscsczin grzsczi!

Can I use the CK2's DLC if I'm playing from linux?

>pumping the hips through Belgium

hell yeah!

In HPM, does Vietnam get an event to annex pesky Khmers?

YOU WANT A WAR GAV?

Scrubs.

From the OP, I mean

Give me goals for a comfy game lads

Any advice for a first Nappy play? What are some fun countries?

The DLC yes but you need an activation method, and the one in the OP won't work for you

What is the reactionary population event lad?

I want to create a more reactionary population.

Become #1 and make all of Europe your bitch
Netherlands stronk

Oh man, that sucks. I guess that I'll have to keep looking.
Thanks for the info, dude

>unironically posting ww1 rap pictures
>ever

wait what

They could at least try to find people that actually look like them

pls preorder

in for HOI IV will be grorious.

>American Germany

there is nothing wrong with this

Nothing wrong with that

someone pls post the Germanic Wardance webm ;-;

Agree x 1

Imperial Games has a pretty good price so I probably will.

four hundred thousand yankees are stiff in Southern dust
they died of southern fever, and southern steel and shot

In CKII would you say that nominating foreign king as my successor for the empire is "Gamey"?

honestly I feel like the addition of the ability to create factions in HoIIV was a big mistake that will reduce the truly world war feel of the game

i liked HoIIII's faction system the best

CK2 is a rpg lad

anything that isn't roleplaying is gamey
HOI4 is a 4x anyway who cares lmao

HoI4 itself is a mistake lad

I wish there were three million instead of what we got

bait

Welcome back, lad.

Literally nothing in my post was wrong sperglord.

CK2 is a dynastic RPG with military elements
HOI4 is a 4x with wargame elements

>4x
>Everything is discovered
>no pops so no extermination

Lad you're fucking retarded.

What part of HoI4 has the "eXplore" of 4x? Please tell me.

wat

fog of war >X>XD>DDXDXD>

Because of the geographic vastness of Brazil--and because of the inferior African garrisons the wearied and battered French army was forced to rely upon--the war in Brazil took longer than the General Staff expected. Unfortunately, this gave the Communards time to loot cities, indoctrinate soldiers, and, finally, to flee into Brazil's jungles, vowing to break the stranglehold of the capitalists once again in the future. They will no doubt return to cause trouble once again soon. But, for now, Brazil is safe.

In late December, with all of the Communists having fled the major cities, Napoleon IV deemed it safe to send his son-in-law Pedro back to Rio, which was garrisoned by a full French army, to resume the throne. Pedro arrived on January 6th and, although there was never a formal Communist surrender, Pedro's landing in Rio is dated as the restoration of the monarchy.

The Communist abrogation of the Brazilian Constitution was used by Pedro (and Napoleon IV) as a convenient excuse to create a new "constitution," which in reality amounted to a scrap of paper legalizing the total power of the monarch as part of a "measure of necessary security" until "such a time as the Communist traitors surrender." Pedro III and Napoleon IV both, of course, knew that the Communist government effectively did not exist any longer, and therefore could not surrender. Therefore, Pedro III was, de facto, elevated to a position of absolute authority.

Aside from beginning to execute expected Communists, Pedro III's first act as Emperor was to sign a treaty with France legalizing French military occupation of Brazil as an anti-Communist measure. Just as Brazil's new "constitution" effectively made Pedro III an absolute monarch, this occupation treaty effectively made Brazil a satellite state of France.

I want to get off this ride

Anyone crashing with Big Square Frame from the pastebin, new HPM and CoolMapMod? Whenever I select units I crash.

The normies Paradox wants to attract with HoI4 will be exploring a map for the first time in their lives 2bh

That's a patch compability problem. Either your game isn't 3.04, or your HPM/BSF is not up to date, or something like that

what have you done

Noice

Add war goal, conquer
Feels good man

>memes of iron 3

I only did it so I could release them as an Axis member, duh.
Just did this in my Greece game

Yeah, I totally missed the Beta patch. Half a year to late, thanks.

What idea set should I pick first for Muscovy?

Vanilla?

Factions make a lot of sense for certain Nations, specifically the USA and Japan.
I think France's Petite Entante needs some means of merging with the Allies/Commonwealth otherwise it's just a stupid idea.

Made me chuckle.
The HoI is 4x meme is just revenge from the stellaris cucks who are still mad it was pushed out.

depends on your current situation, post a screen

>start a game as Qing
>You don't accept most of your population
What, is this a bug? Pretty much all of my population is Han but I only accept Manchu, I can't fucking play like this

HPM btw

What is many houses divided?

No, it isn't
Qing china was ruled by a manchu elite

t. dumb nigger

While the war in Brazil raged, the Treaty of Vienna was finalized, and the Austro-Hungarian Empire was finally broken apart.

Initially Napoleon IV had great plans for the constituent states of the Empire, but he was rapidly disabused of working with most of them when Communist Serbia proclaimed the creation of a "Yugoslavia" only to realize that there was no interest in any of the other local Slavic states for a union with the Communist power; after a month of petulant stubbornness, Serbia was forced to admit that it was no such union, and the union-that-never-was failed before it even had a chance to begin.

With Serbia's failure and the potential of a Slavic union abandoned, Napoleon IV was less inclined to meddle in the Balkans, which were already becoming a battleground for the influence of other powers. He was interested in maintaining French ties with the powerful Hungarian and Czechoslovak states, but, so far as the monarch was now concerned, they represented the only potential allies in a chaff of illiterate and backwards mongrel-states.

Just switch to state capitalism and start milling your own electric gears.

quantity

>start a game as south africa
>you don't accept most of your population

HOL UP I CANNA DO DIS EY

fix that russian dick in pooland

by giving all Poland to Rossiya

by giving all Russia to /Pol/and

Anyone? Someone pls

>Napoleon
>letting Italians hold rightful Illyro-Slavic clay

lad...

It makes each state in the USA an independent country. Each of the states has a regional union they can form and eventually reform the United States.

Do anyone have the Israel minimod that an user made a few months ago?

Dahomey has a nice flag, never noticed it before.

>Victoria 2
>Supposed to be complex economic simulation
>Doesn't even have different currencies or exchange rates
Why does /gsg/ hold this casual garbage in such high regard again?

WE

HAD

Is there a way to see if an army is a professional army or just mobilized peasants?

That's the plan, my man. I've got the No More War modifier from the war with Austria-Hungary right now, and I need to reform my army and navy before I go for it, but that's the next war we're fighting.

Different Napoleon, senpai. My alliance with Italy is more important than some slavshit land tbd.

Not that I didn't want to form Yugoslavia, but Serbia fucked that up so now they're going to have to wallow in their own stupidity.

literally meaningless in macroeconomics like Victoria II represents

enjoy your one-way trip back to red dit

hover over the unit sprite and then read the three numbers in the columns. the first is infantry, the second cavalry, and the third artillery.

If it's 25,000/0/0 then the army is entirely infantry and it's safe to assume that it's mobilized peasants.

>Napoleon
>not cutting up potential power rivals by formenting regionalism through liberal means
>supporting foreign imperial powers

LAD...

The Northern Isles are rightful Norwegian clay.

Incorrect. They belong to Great Britain.

No they don't.

>As India I'm having problems building army, can't build a single cavalry because I can't get the resources
>My thousands of reactionary rebels got resources somehow

You are wrong.

They belong to Allah and His most holy of prophets Mohammed, their names be praised eternally.

Blessed be Allah's people, blessed be those who follow Mohammed.

Europe is ours.

Do you plan on removing tea?

With the fall of the Mahdists in Sudan and the implementation of liberal reforms in France which permit Muslims a handful of trinket rights, the Arab revolts finally end. Arabs still yearn for nations of their own, but they have at least accepted that, for now, France is too mighty to contest.

The African colonies are safe, and not a moment too soon--with British colonial garrisons numbering in the hundreds of thousands stationed along the French colonial border in Nigeria and the Gold coast, it is more evident than ever that France's colonial garrisons must once again be expanded in the near future.

Seriously, Britain has almost 400,000 troops between Sierra Leone, the Gold Coast, and Benin. What the fuck are they all doing there?

They're wanting your colonies man, it's England, it's what they do

hoi 4 will be the way hoi was always meant to be

Shouldn't folkskolereformen change the school system?

>Seriously, Britain has almost 400,000 troops between Sierra Leone, the Gold Coast, and Benin. What the fuck are they all doing there?
britain is hardcoded to fuck france's shit up anywhere anytime

it's just a meme decision intended to be snarky political commentary.

The description made the think that.

what

Eventually, yes, although I'd like to dismantle Russia first.

perfidious albion reeeeeee

all dlc

Denmark just declared war for Osel

Wouldn't I already have a lot of troops from being large?