How come all the cradles of civilization are now complete shitholes? What happened?

How come all the cradles of civilization are now complete shitholes? What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippian_culture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The white man plague happened.

The world is fluid.

Modern tech means you can grow food almost anywhere.
Modern wealth is in banking, patroliuem, information tech, and minerals.

>patroliuem
WDHMBT?

The Jews, or something.

My theory is that smugness makes people lazy

"oh man me and my people live in a shithole- and its all because of the white man"
Yeah okay Ahmed/Ferdinand/Uri/Tigabo/other names from shit holes

Kek

Some parts of the Arab world still look like the picture on the left

Of course, but some parts of every country look like shitholes. The point is that there's more than meets the eye in a lot of places people call shitholes.

Why doesn't that list include the Mississippian culture? They were the "Eastern Agricultural Complex", meaning they developed agriculture independent from anyone else, and from what we can tell, was definitely a civilization with complex rituals and beliefs

It's almost like times change and history is a complex web of factors which can't be summarized in one post

Why doesn't it include Western Anatolia, the Levant and many other places?

>Mississippian culture
What the fuck fuck fambo? I'm in tears right now, like hahahahaha

They taught others how to use what they'd just invented, then everyone else became immensely better at it than them.
Like England and football

>palm trees
>detroit1.jpg
Nigga, we've got ruined homes and broken neighborhoods, not slum shacks

Wait, I thought the Natives came from central asia, is a cradle of civilization actually right there?

I thought they used agricultural techniques first developed in Mesoamerica?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippian_culture
Nigga plz

because regions rise and fall in power. power changes hands, shifts back and forth, merges and divides, expands and shrinks.

Dominance of Europe was detrimental, though, as during the middle ages, empires usually wanted to win the hearts and minds of the people they were conquering. it was more expensive to rule by fear. you were killing off your resources if you just slaughtered people.

but when europeans rose, guns and ships were what made them dominance, and it was initially cheaper to just impose harsh rule and exploit their subjects. this is why European Empires were some of the shortest lived ones.

No shit, that's a picture of the Arab world. It ain't fake.

I hope this picture is a joke. There are hundreds of cities that you've never even heard of in the United States that challenge the GDP and the quality of life of entire middle eastern countries.

Metro detroit and downtown Detroit are actually very rich. Auburn hills, Troy, et cetera, royal oak, all cities 30m away from the Detroit skyscrapers that have 200k+ ranch houses. But pic related is in the actual suburbs of wayne county. It's more like a shell society occupied by monkies.

They ran out of historical mojo. Check out regions that have never had a decent civilization there, and you'll find out where the next hotspots are gonna be.

Kazakhstan is looking good right now.

That isn't Detroit you fucking retard.

Kazakhstan is mini Russia, their entire economy runs on oil and gas.

Like where for example

Tunisia.

>No Crete
>Some amerindian niggers who didn't invent dick and shit

Sage for anti-white

Early civs practiced more and more intensive food production (agriculture and ranching) w/o fully knowing what they were doing. That causes nutrient depletion and erosion of soil. Do it for several thousand years and the landscape becomes a wasteland. If you can't feed yourself, you have to rely on trade for food. That takes time and energy away from other things you could do, so you have a disadvantage when competing with the rest of the world.

We practice even more intensive food production now, so we have to be extra careful. If not, you get things like dust bowl in 1920's U.S.

Carthage, the Maghreb, the Ottoman Empire, Colonial France, Colonial Italy, Byzantium. Tunis is beautiful mix of cultures. Pretty high GDP per capita, overthrew a dictatorship during the Arab Spring but has maintained secular traditions and restored democracy. The incumbent party is social democratic and the opposition are moderate Islamists. Maybe someone from Tunisia will disagree but seems to be doing alright given the regional instability.

The right side is basically just a bunch of left sides stacked on top of each other tho so meh.

Industrial Revolution.
Obviously these two words are omitting thousands of years of history. As you know every day something different happens now multiply that by the number of days that have passed ever since then until today and you'll get a fraction of the idea of how much shit changed.

Why do you think it's called a cradle? That shit swings back and forth.

Rot.

Both are true actually. Urbano-centric perspective is very, very, very flawed ESPECIALLY when looking at the middle east.

Back in 1978 or so people in the west legitimately believed that Iran will turn into liberal democracy because all they knew about it were its cities which were and still are liberal and secular. The countryside is and was the exact opposite of it and they outnumber(ed) city-dwellers, which ended up with rise of Islamic Republic. And this is common thing across the entire islamic world - from Pakistan to Morocco.

The west was fooled into thinking we're talking about secular rebels because all they knew was cities. Western journalists never really ventured outside of them, never really talked with anybody outside of them, even intelligence agencies mostly didn't knew anything about it as they were also focused on cities.

Same happened with Arab Spring recently but this breaks 25 years rule so I've used Iran instead.

What about Old Europe?

Kek.

He got that shit from nairaland.

delusional

lots of people shitting where they eat for a long time

I think you might be on to something regarding food, though I don't know if it's lowered agricultural yield.

I'd have to investigate yields of these countries but I don't think they're significantly lower and nutrient depletion can be counteracted after a few decades of being fallow.

I think, looking at the GDP and HDI of African countries, overpopulation might be a cause.

Long centuries of agriculture could result in relatively high agricultural yields for these places. They terrace land, figure out how to irrigate through flooding etc, cultivate crop species good for the area.

Then you have a shit load of people, but they are all dependent for their livelihood on this limited land which binds them to each other. If productivity isn't really that good in the first place, just good for this region, then a large proportion of labour goes into agriculture alone resulting in a lot of poor farmers.

You greatly exaggerate, but even if I took you seriously, the existence of places that do better than X doesn't mean X is shit.
The "its shit" spectrum isn't binary, there are more steps on that staircase.

Huh?

This.

I can foresee the exact same thread about earth in 500 years on spacechan.

Indeed. Pictured here is a Swedish shantytown.

nah man, something something the jews and the inherent genetical inferiority of brown people

all da anchunt civilizashuns wuz white n sheeeiit. den da brown ppl came along and fuked sheeeit up.

God that place sucks.

>Mesoamerica
Corruption and drug war. Not doing so bad.
>Andean region
Doing good, actually.
>Nile Valley
Could be better, but not so bad.
>Mesopotamia
Desertification caused by deforestation. Then devastated by war.
>Indus river
POO IN LOO
>Yellow river
Unsustainable concentration of population and industry.

Climate change has a lot to do with it. During the Roman era the area in this pic would of been somewhat wooded with the low parts being very serviceable pastures. On to the subject of one of the places you are talking about, Egypt, its agricultural yield started to go down notably in the late 1870s.

>empires usually wanted to win the hearts and minds of the people they were conquering
Citation fucking needed.

forgot pic

Abundant area -> Agriculture -> overpopulation -> modern technology -> more overpopulation -> problems associated with overpopulation

The whole world suffers from this for the most part, it's just severe in a lot of areas now that have high population density, particularly in asia.

Thanks Obama

Literally

africa has been underpopulated for the vast majority of its existence.

Climate change and shifts right now can render many states in Africa that can provide food for itself at full or near full sufficiency into a state a farming disaster like what is happening right now especially in Southern Africa.

Soil Degradation?

underrated post

The begining of civilization has a bigger headstart to fuck up shit.

this

>Not doing so bad.

The highest crime rates in the world, not so bad?

What's the 25 years rule?

Because the people that eventually founded the biggest civilizations of the world moved on from their shithole cradles civilizations, showing will, curiosity and passion
the ones that didn't stayed there, perpetuating their shithole level of life