/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

/hbg/ Explains: 3 ways to make lemonade when life gives you lemons

Previous thread Missing link /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-Nintendo flipped the Friend List online multiplayer switch, again.
-Even on 11.0, Luma3DS needs an updated arm9loaderhax.bin or Luma3DS.dat to go online. Get it here: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>Vita
Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60.

Other urls found in this thread:

hastebin.com/ecikanusek.xml
scp-wiki.net/scp-1557
gbatemp.net/threads/who-else-doesnt-want-to-use-ticket-generators-to-download-from-nintendos-server.427398/
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-release-bootanim9-custom-boot-animations.420202/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

everyone below this post uses cakes. don't listen to them.

I genuinely use cakes.

Currently upgrading my 3ds from 7.0.2 to 9.2.0, then I'm going to root it, wish me luck.

I use ironically use cakes.

Reminder that in 5 hours WiiU CFW will be released.

>root

>root

You won't survive the trial.

yeah you do that

To be honest I don't know what it's called, so I used root as a catch all. What do you call it?

Kickass Homebrew :^) or just installing custom firmware.

I use RXTools

please help

There you go, once my sysnand is dumped and I'm done upgrading, I'll install cfw

>cfw

So I bought a wii u today and just used loadiine to boot up a game, the game works fine but the loading times are terrible. is this a common problem?

>using literal outdated garbage

fucking why?

I cakes use I use

Too lazy to update my o3DS

N3DS is on Luma

Do tickets for themes exist?

Game by game basis, but yeah, some load times are terrible. 3D world for example is horrendous.

Seems the Wii U is still in the dark ages, pre-emunand stages even *shudders*

okay yea so that's the game I tested it on lol
Alright no biggie

what are the benefits of upgrading from RX? It was a huge hassle getting RX to work from a coldboot and all my games work fine but admittedly I haven't played my 3ds since the release of the pokemon mystery dungeon game.

hastebin.com/ecikanusek.xml
Daily reminder that rei is a meme.

Nevermind, installed 0004008c00008f00 and that unlocked a ton of themes.

>using rxTools
>works perfectly fine and does everything I need
>have no intention of switching to a9lh since it'd take too long for something I don't really want

Ok. I'm trying to downgrade my RedNAND to 2.1.0 for 4-5 times now and each time I restored the RedNAND by using the emunand_formatted.bin file.

I know the guide says it needs to be tried many times but it still doesn't work. Should I just keep trying.

like we give a fuck

this
my sky3ds master race does everything i need why step down to peasant level

How long did it roughly take to load from loadiine. I've tried the game a few times but I seem to keep getting stuck at a black screen.

CFW sysNAND is a meme, reboot patch is a meme, anything he didn't think to include in his own work is a meme.

it takes about 40 seconds to load the game
and about 10 seconds to load any level including deaths

Some saves arent in JKSV folder. What do

Did you remember to test games for using extDATA? A few like Monster Hunter X only save to it.

>and about 10 seconds to load any level including deaths

fuking hell m8

How do you actually get a DS to work after removing the top screen? I did that once and it stopped booting.

>Vita still has bumfuck nothing for exploits

My Vita TV is still on 3.36 with the mail exploit to allow it to play any game. Should I just sit here and wait for some day in the distant future for when (if) the ability to pirate comes?

How the fuck do I activate PSN games? ReactPSN doesn't work on my Rebug.

Triangle

Thanks senpai, trying to run Sonic Adventure in forever.

best sd card (size) ?

2TB

4gb

200GB

64gb

For what? 3DS I have 32gb, Wii U I have 64.

32 is all you need.

W-what

Thanks my friends.
You too.

526gb

Bump for help

keep trying

64gb is actually a good recommendation if you plan on installing cias
Games like monhun can take 4gb

Trying to use my R4 Gold Pro 2013 on my N3DS. Turning the console with it on makes it hang on a black screen. Inserting it after turning it on makes the Home Menu freeze. On Luma and updated the R4 to the latest shit. Been at this for hours.

What do

i see people posting about failing about this frequently. just the other day some user said he was doing this shit for 8 hours. did you make note of the things listed below?

>If you are using ReiNand, you MUST be using the latest version (v4.1 or above) or you will be unable to downgrade NATIVE_FIRM on EmuNAND/RedNAND and PlaiSysUpdater will fail 100% of the time.

>If you are using Luma3DS and DID NOT follow Part 3, you should copy the appropriate firmware.bin from Part 3 to the /luma/ folder on your SD card, otherwise the downgrade will fail.

It's like people don't know how to read

>Reading
Loser

any girls in this thread that need help

Friendly reminder that once Gateway releases their tool this is what the thread will look like

>bricking for being the masterrace

it would be an honor

Teach them how to inject the FBI user. Give them the double Dragon CIA.

Depends on how you define girl

ILY Aurora baby

What does this say I can't read.

HOW THE FUCK DO I MAKE MK8 RUN WITH UPDATES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How do you get Smash Bros mode working on Loadiine? I have the disc in the system.

Best program to make custom 3DS themes?

Enable smash mode in loadiine settings

Usagi theme editor

I too find reading difficult.

I can't believe we live in an age where you can just download games with QR codes.

You are fucking retarded.

It is indeed glorious. One really wonders if they're going to plug the hole.

3DS telepathic link when, I'm tired of using my hands.

At this point it would be very difficult to, they'd need to essentially rewrite how their eshop validates ownership of titles AND completely restructure their CDN. It's possible for them to do it, but this late in the game I doubt it'll happen.

Coming soon for NX™

>tfw the NX uses the same keys

whee

where does the home button take you

It actually fills your home with the smell of delicious buttered toast.

scp-wiki.net/scp-1557

What worries more is if there will be reprisal to whoever downloaded and installed game CIAs, and if using this method makes you easier to identify for punishment

And this is why I stick to FunKeyCIA

At this point, evading NNID and console bans is too easy. It would only suck for someone seriously attached to their ID, i.e. some Miiverse faggot. I am one, and I'm not concerned.

Read through this thread, Drakia explains what you should and shouldn't be worried about a lot better than I can: gbatemp.net/threads/who-else-doesnt-want-to-use-ticket-generators-to-download-from-nintendos-server.427398/

Sometimes Nintendo being dumb and not understanding online services is a blessing

I'm using EmuNAND Luma3DS with CTRBootMANAGER and I've got the Error Screen when I tried to play GBA games. I used the pathchanger and now i get a black screen instead.

Good evening /hbg/ crew. What's the best way to go about playing WiiWare games on vWii (Wii U). I'll want to be setting up some kind of "emuNAND" but am not sure about the best way to go about it on there. Any of the loaders have this integrated?

get a9lh

Well, that's reassuring

Vita still has bumfuck nothing for games so it's not like we're missing out on much camping on old firmware, Vita TV brother

Everyone above this post uses Rei.

>Listen to them

Wait can I just copy NAND, install WADs to it and launch games all within USB Loader GX? This seems a lot easier than last time I looked into emulated NAND

i realize it kinda beats the purpose of a9lh but is there any way to get a boot splash like the energy star boot splash with menuhax? just somethin to make it look cooler startin up

>mfw you imply reinand is anything but a meme

Read the ReiNAND thread, it's obvious Rei doesn't care about his users and instead spends all his time attacked Aurora and Tux, who are actually doing good development.

user, you should look into bootanim9
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-release-bootanim9-custom-boot-animations.420202/

I dunno, seems like he got what wanted. How's your MK8 quest going?

>mfw you actually give a shit

Solder a 330 Ohm resistor to points LEDA2 and LEDC2.