/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization, Endless & 4X Strategy

Collectivist master race edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed)

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9 (embed)

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
[YouTube] CIVILIZATION VI Official Announcement Trailer (embed)

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM
youtube.com/watch?v=MYqsKJAmsOE&list=PL99czue-ivEsZXq7H5l1HxN0nXLf3YcrT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR SPACE JEWS

mfw every race I have is collectivist in some form

what do i want for FAST research speeds and good fleets?

What the fuck.

3rd for space ants

REMOVE
INDIVIDUALIST

Despotic Hegemony, intelligent race, skill/luck.

Railguns

Yeah a slight increase over a standard mine.

Not even 1 full mineral though.

He doesn't know that the government hides the existence of a second Earth

Intelligent (+10% on-planet science)
Fanatic Materialist (+10% on-planet science)
DH/NNA (+5%/10% research speed)
Stack everything else as normal.

when should I replace torpedos with something else, or I'm safe just spamming torpedos

labs and lots of colonies

GENOCIDE FUNGOID

Installed the mass effect music pack, the illusive man starts to play at this exact moment.

Its a sign.

So is Extremely Adaptive really worth it?

Normal Planets can't go over 80% anyway, I just don't see any upside in it when there's so many habitability techs and you need 3 downsides along with it

how is worm hole travel?
it was annoying to play against

Guess who is there.

>xenos talk shit
>take three of their worlds

Only problem is that my worlds have a ton of xenos in them. How do I deal with them without purging?

>replacing best weapons
tiptopkek

Remove individualist remove individualist from fungus

Enslave/sign migration treaties

replace torpedoes with swarm missiles when/if you get them, then neutrons after that

unless I heard wrong proton and neutron torps count as energy so PD doesn't work on them

how are the proton torpedos compared to normal ones?

Only roaches remain. :'(

i don't see a big difference when i have a high engineer/social/phsycist/ research token things? do they speed up research?

DUDE WEED LMAO

They can't be intercepted by point defenses.

My adjective is Dank. When people make treaties, they speak of Steccashi-Dank relations.

Speaking of Steccashi, they're wary of me now. How do I calm them down? I want them to stay on my good side.

>So is Extremely Adaptive really worth it?

You can colonize two more types of planets without resorting to terraforming because the jump in habitability per type is 20%, the same as the Extremely Adaptive bonus.

If you get habitability techs you can colonize what would otherwise be 20% planets since they are first increased to 40%.

much stronger, ignore shields and PD completely and have the same damage and only 5 less range than tachyons

what I want to know is is there any reason to use missiles at all when torpedoes exist?

better

they do speed up research, if you didn't have a high amount you would notice it takes a lot longer

High happiness.

Consider pacifist for Moral Democracy.
That's 10 happiness.
Fanatic Spiritualist is another 10, though you miss out on the bonus from materialist.

That puts you at 80% giving +10% to all yields.

Planets of your type will cap you at 80% early game so trying to get above that is not as important.
getting more in case of ethics divergence could be a good idea though.

Intelligent trait.

Your homeworld has +10% happiness so they'll start with 90% happiness.

So you'll get +20% to research output from your happiness and +10% from Intelligent on your homeworld.

Adaptive could be a good idea so you can get up to higher happiness on other worlds, or communal in case you're worried about ethic divergence removing your spiritualism.

It's great as long as you fight within the range of your wormholes.

If you have to take on some huge blob, it's better to have warp to just wreck all the spaceports way back in thier rear for easy warscore.

Hyperlanes are a bit shit becasue you can actually run into problems when an enemy really blocks a chokepoint, but the AI is too retraded for that.

Collectivists confirmed for anime-watching faux-stuttering fuccbois

>not letting the free market fix it

Traits?

Surrounded by shitter empires and feds grouping up to gangbang me all game, now its all halp halp bilnocs :^(
Kingdom Of B the overwhelming rape train is coming but now I see the unbidden spawned close to them.
Will my problems solve themselves?

>not orbital bombarding the shit out of every planet

All you have to do is construct wormholes all across the galaxy before it gets fully discovered

As long as you don't let the Unbidden cut off a direct line to their portal world. Everything is fine. You just need to kill their portal

Some of them still live.

Anime is for the greater good

Anyone who even thinks of putting the people's energy credits into a free market gets a inside look at their planet's standard mind control laser

>make minor change to battleship design
>update fleet
>estimated cost: 320 minerals
>split fleet in four
>estimated time: 1100 days per fleet

JOHAN

AM I BEING DETAINED?

I dont let any live, just keep 1 ship above every planet until they are all gone. Then colonize then empty land with the ships you made in between.

I usually split into 4 or more fleets and upgrade on separate planets

your credits will take a nose dive though, but sufficient modules should keep you out of the red

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

Yes. It's exactly what I did. Each fleet takes 1100 days. If I didn't it would've taken 15 years, I assume.

Lel

Your own Ambience to Stellaris.

youtube.com/watch?v=MYqsKJAmsOE&list=PL99czue-ivEsZXq7H5l1HxN0nXLf3YcrT

yeah I misread. how many fucking battleships do you have?

split moar I guess

Is it a known bug not to be able to get rid of the Prethoryn Swarm or did I get really unlucky.

I destroyed all of their armies, sat on all of their planets with fleets and even built military stations above in order to destroy the ships that kept spawning every so often. And yet their territory never left the star map, which was really boring since I had to just colonize a bunch of planets to win instead of annihilating everyone.

Any commands to delete or reset the 2nd Sol system in my galaxy? Really bothering me.

There's mods that makes sure that just one sol system spawns.

>don't believe the "sector AI sucks meme"
>set up a few sectors for tech, allow redevelopment and ignore tile resources
>ignore them for a few decades
>"jesus fuck why is my tech so slow"
>pull up a planet
>it's fully populated and covered in farms, entire planet has an absurd amount of food
>see a bar on one of them
>"hmm, maybe it's finally getting replaced"
>upgrade complete
>hydroponics farm III

40 for Christ sake, barely in the endgame.
First time I actually bother upgrading ships in the endgame. I could literally rebuild them from scratch and it would take less time.

you'd save a fuckton on upkeep too

I've actually thought about this before but I don't know why I'm not doing it yet

Hotfix 1.0.3 fixes not being able to glass the planets.

Good names for a robot empire?

Assembly.

Homeworld: Origin

01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100 00100000 01000101 01101101 01110000 01101001 01110010 01100101

We CoG now.

Nuke or talk to the innacave ayy's

>Recommending a common name

purging eventually destroys a few buildings

if it's not an important or developed planet just get rid of them

"Your browsing history"

Unity

>20 years to genetically modify my whole species

Yeah just colonized it.

Rubio's America

Hope you're not Xenophobic/ don't have Xeno leadership. Otherwise enjoy your happiness penalty.

If I find Earth and they nuke themselves will I be able to get those cool roaches, or does the dead earth have to be that way from the start?

Is it possible to abandon a planet?
One game I colonized a planet with pre sentients, and their pop out-grew mine. I can't purge or enslave them, thinking about uplifting when the tech comes along

>roaches achieving pre-sentience within a century after Earth goes tits up
I think it needs to be generated that way.

Also, the human portrait should only be used for the human species (if an empire using it is randomly generated), and they should only spawn around Sol, if not, then Sol should spawn as pre-space Humans or as roaches.

Also, a FE humanity with a ringworld Sol + Earth would be pretty cool.

you could always slap a sector on it and forget about it until the time comes

>joe biden and his extradimensional entourage spawn
>17K x2 thirsty girls slurp their way down my core planets
>84K fleets crush them immediately before they can leave the system that houses the big blue void vagina

Been waiting for a late game crisis all game. Severely disappointed. It feels like the only challenge I get in this game is: through lack of information (how do i build ship), lack of mechanics (only 2-4 planets at a time), or if I purposely seed a hundred worlds with synthetics and then never GIB RIGHTS. Do I really have to get a job to get challenged?

I got a crisis when we were about equal in power once, it was pretty intense. Then it turned out I didn't actually need to fight the swarm, since they weren't devouring the galaxy like I thought. They were just waiting in their few systems.

The timing needs work, but the bugs getting fixed is even more important.

>look at planet in a sector
>pops are being constantly shuffled around
for what purpose?

>those connections

hyperlanes are well and truly cucked

why pick them again? at least warp has the benefit of not being limited

sector governors get their jollies off by fucking with the plebes.

post you're memes

From this.

I got completely boxed in with warp one game even though there was plenty of space between my neighbors. In fact, even without neighbor borders touching me my starting zone was completely fucked, my ships had to go in huge circles around a central empty area.

Warp can be very limited too.

>only spawn around sol

then you couldn't do empires of humans who broke away from sol, as the commonwealth of man is, or space nazis

What do you need to research to unlock Genetic Engineering?

I have two points to spend, and the tech will give me another. I want to make my species Intelligent.

They are fast since they can enter FTL from anywhere

At war with 2 groups that wont do anything because they suck.

'Vril' was the name of the energy, user.

'Vril-ya' was the name of the species.

Still, kudos on the reference.

Well, at the very least, have humans spawn around Sol if it's not kill, and only use the human portrait for the human species.

I just can't seem to make a new orbital bombard icon button no matter what.

I'm guessing it's hardcoded so I'm going to have to edit the ones that already exist.

You just go into the species tab and there's a button for it.

Be warned, the most useful part of genetic engineering is giving a different planet affinity to your pops, and even though doing so costs 0 points, you can't actually do it on pops that you've already spent both your points on. So I suggest you leave some of your pops in their original form so you always have the ability to give them new affinities as the need arises.

Right, but you need to unlock the technology to modify your species, right? What do I need to look for to unlock it? Uplift?

Sorry, I meant to reply to you, not myself.

The two techs that give you gene trait points. Or just one of them, you don't need both.

yes

Epigenetic Triggers > Gene Tailoring > Targeted Gene Expressions (rare)

But what are they called, and what unlocks them in the tech tree?

just research genetics techs you autist

And why the fuck am I a better candidate for looking this up on the wiki than you are? Look it up, user. The info is all there in convenient wiki form.