/fog/ - Fallout General

Officer Steve Edition

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11853/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Officer Steve is a faggot.

Okay, re-asking my question. Why aren't there more console mods? Is there extra work that needs to be done, or the simple click of a button?

I don't think Officer Steve is that bad considering the last op

The last OP may have been bad, but that doesn't make Officer Steve any less of a faggot.

your b8 game is weak

why's /fog/ so dead today?

Last gen tech is probably the go. I bought one of the factory O/C maximum meme 780ti's last year for less than a new 960. I runs the game on ultra with PRC's highest preset at 55-60fps. It's a fast card that handles everything I've thrown at it, the only issue I have is low (3Gb) VRAM means you can't run full retard 8k pencil textures and shit for your games, but I play at 1080p so anything above 4k is pretty much a waste.

Although spawning 15000 vodka bottles crashed the fuck outta my game.

nth for danse a cute

>season pass is $10 more expensive than buying the DLC individually

what did Bethesda mean by this?

There will be more DLC, it'll end up being just enough to make the season pass a "deal"

My sister gave me fallout 4 for my christmas (I'm pretty sure 26 is a little old to be getting vidya as presents but shit I'm not complaining).

I only just got motivated to install it today, what mods should I be looking for?

They increased the price because they have more DLC planned now than they originally did. The original price of the season pass was $30.

>do fucking memory tower defense shit
>devs didn't have the forethought to disable needs when you're in the simulation
>get out almost dehydrated to death, hungry and deadly tired, also overencumbered

nice reward for all that boredom

You can buy it for $20 on G2A.

Because console mods require the CK and the CK hasn't been out very long.

Also because fuck consolefags nobody gives a shit about you.

>tfw the additional DLC is just workshop stuff

>workshop 2 is just far harbor crap
>workshop 3 is nuka world crap

Ugh, I just lost a fucking hour+ of time because of a super mutant invasion at the slog.

One of those motherfuckers had a minigun.

My save is actually on spectacle island from before I got the invasion.

dammit.

Is there anywhere to download the DLCs that's just the data files?

All I can find is Skidrow's .exe bullshit.

that's probably my record for time lost too

everything was fun and dandy until a super mutant spawned with a quad barrel missile launcher

>nightkin
HOLD THE FUCK UP SINCE WHEN

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11853/?

Have mods made this game good yet?

no, and they won't until sex labs hits

Would a Two-Shot Laser Rifle with a beam splitter be any good?

no

yah it was dumb, although you can exit at anytime and pick up where you left off.

How do I change a esp master files?

I have a compatibility patch for a mod, but the mod in question has it's .esp actually named something different than the patch says it should be.

The actual .esp is called WBO.esp, but the patches has Weaponry Overhaul.esp as the master.

I didn't kill Machete Fuckface, but The Mariner isn't offering the next part of the quest. What gives?

Trump = BoS
Hillary = Institute
Bernie = Railkeks

?

Reasoning:
Trump is obvious
Hillary is a lying murderous criminal masquerading as someone who cares
Bernie is the biggest cuck I've ever seen. Just replace synths with blacks. He's seriously been kicked off of stage by blm several times.

wtf is wrong with my settlement

Preston is in sanctuary, but I didn't do any of his settlement quests.

I can't get any more food without more people and nobody else will come. wth

>curie sat quietly in the other room while Nora had sex with a female Robobrain

>Trump
>not Minutemen
Only one faction actually wants America to be great again.

>He's seriously been kicked off of stage by blm several times.

Has it happened more than once? I'd google it but I can't be bothered. Why would blm thinks appealing to the very people they say benefit from the status quo would change anything, I don't understand lmao.

When I woke up Curie was in the room.

And I had romanced Curie already so ;)

Anyone?

Like do I need to download the CK to do this or what?

Guys help, I'm trapped in a mass effect elevator and Nick is staring at me all creepy

Damn niggafam /fog/ is dead as fuck these days. It's just like old times

Already

Are there any Fallout 4 quests that aren't just sending the player to clear out raiders/ghouls/mutants/synths from dungeons? Because I'm over 100 hours in a I don't think I've seen a single good one.
I guess Diamond City blues was decent, but that's all there is.

it took you 100 hours to figure this out?

I still think it's funny that Fallout 4 discussion has died down already, while New Vegas STILL gets talked about more after six years. Goes to show how trash Fallout 4 was.

Every time I complained about it on /fog/, there was always some fanboy faggots coming in to defend it, claiming only the radiant quests are bad and that there a apparently plenty of good quests.

There is really nothing to talk about with Fallout 4's writing, quest or plots. None of the quests are very interesting unless they're dumb like the Cabot's. All the quests with promise like finding Kasumi turn out to be wholy underwhelming and not as advertised.

You cant even >hegelian dialectics

The faction debating isn't even as good as it was for New Vegas, the Fallout 4 factions are far too shallow and poorly written. Only real discussion regarding them I've seen get as lively is when people argue over just how retarded the Institute are.

The quest that introduces you to settlement building in Sanctuary. One of Nick's cases is all about talking to people and gathering evidence in Diamond City. With high intelligence, The Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution can be done without leaving the ship except for fetching that one part that's located a stone's throw away from the ship. There are some quests that begin as you enter a location like Cambridge Polymer Labs, so technically those aren't sending you anywhere.

The rest of the quests pretty much follow the formula of getting send somewhere to fetch or kill something, though.

You're all discussing about discussing about Fallout 4 so technically you are discussing about Fallout 4.

>The quest that introduces you to settlement building in Sanctuary
What quest is that? The one where you clear out the bloatflies? Because that's just as bland and generic.

God and whos design decision was it to give all pre-war robots except Protectron's functional AI all of a sudden?

And in the same game have one of the strongest drives of the story be a faction's history with creating functional AI post-war. And then let you transfer one of these pre-war AI's into a synth body making the Institute looking even dumber by inventing something that already existed apparently.

>The quest that introduces you to settlement building in Sanctuary.
He said a good one.
>One of Nick's cases is all about talking to people and gathering evidence in Diamond City.

Too bad that case is so incredibly short. And theres no actual detective work involved since the whole thing is on rails.

naw where you go to Sanctuary and it's like

>build water
>build beds
>the end

Yeah I never understand the whole AI thing in Bethesda Fallout. Originally robots were dumb as nails, and all spoke the same way protectrons do.
Actual artificial intelligence could only be achieved through the massive ZAX supercomputers. Oh what am I thinking, let's be honest Bethesda never even played Fallout 1 and 2 did they. Considering we now know they use the Wiki for reference with everything, it's painfully obvious.

Bethesda really went all out with quests this time didn't they.

Emil most definitely did not play the first two games at the very least.

Emil's face in every interview looks like he is terrified wondering when his coworkers will realize he's not very good at his job

My favorite example of beth fucking up in fo4 is the "bounties" in diamond city

The idea was that the Institute made up the difference between our world and Fallout's alternate universe with microelectronics over the last 200 years, but none of their other tech reflects this
Then Bethesda couldn't stop jerking off over their sapient robots and started making a ton of old world ones into super intelligent, independent actors, because they think it's cute

Bethesda blows at consistency even within one story. They clearly admired Vegas or at least understood their fans did, 4 and FH are littered with quests that try to imitate the choices Vegas gave. Their writers just aren't capable of handling philosophical issues remotely as well and they left a lot of holes where the player is punished if they try to be too creative completing objectives for opposing factions.

Bethesda are either too scared to do anything interesting because as we all know, they try their best to pander to the casual crowd, or they're just not capable of giving anything real depth. The fact that Fallout 4 is actually more of an FPS than an RPG is sad. I always gave Fallout 3 a hard time, but Fallout 4 makes it look good in comparison. At least Fallout 3 had better dialog ad quests.

The uninstall option.

Right.

Like why do they obviously have the microchip but their computers are the exact same terminals with the same interface as pre-war. In 200 years they never came up with the gui?

Some game website article:
>Tired of hearing Dean Martin sing about love being a kick in the head? Then this Fallout 4 mod is for you.
Wasn't that song in New Vegas, not Fallout 4?

The Lost Patrol. No dungeons, though it'd be tough to sneak around Revere Array to get to the BoS corpse.

Bullshit, The Lost Patrol was exactly that. Only instead of clearing out one dungeon, you had to go through multiple. Only decent part was the very end where you finally get to use speech checks for something other than asking for more caps.

Two of the holotapes in the lost patrol are surrounded by ghouls and super mutants respectively though. Unless that's the joke you're making, of course

Who is that?

I forgot the second step was into the NGTY but I stand by it. Clearing the barracks or the recruitment building isn't required. And I wouldn't call RSA a dungeon since it's overworld.

you need to get the mod that unlevels perks, so you can max them at any level and have strong builds.
then get loot overhaul, so that when you loot containers you don't find stockpiles of ammo.

>And I wouldn't call RSA a dungeon since it's overworld.
You're still clearing out groups of generic enemies you hair-splitting faggot.

M8 the brotherhood have missions where you can skip the "kill" part of "kill, loot, return" how can you not see this as the greatest step in revolutionising the way we roleplay since the invention of dicerolls?

You expect to just be able to walk up to corpses that died a violent death?

Your problem shouldn't be with violent quests, but quests that have no real good justification for needing to clear out that dungeon. The Lost Patrol is a good quest.

The thing is, as much as people maintain that 'fetch quests' or 'go get this item' quests are bad, the plain and simple fact is that there aren't that many 'alternative' types of quests that would work well.

If they changed the engine, then yes - a different type of quest might work. For example, if you got rid of the randomness of the speech system then you could try to do like a 'suicide counseling' quest where you actively research a person's history, then talk them out of doing something drastic and use speech checks that require the player to have either obtained X amount of supplementary data or meet Y skill requirement.

But unfortunately, the game's currently only set up for the random-chance speech checks and so until some modder changes things we can't implement a quest like that since failure would be random.

What kinds of quests do you guys think you'd LIKE to see implemented?

The caravan investigation in covenant

>What kinds of quests do you guys think you'd LIKE to see implemented?

This is /fog/ after all, so I assume they all want quests where you help someone research a way to harness radiation to make their default female protag grow a futa cock, and then followups where they learn the art of fucking people into submission.

raised my defense to 61

got "ghouls near red rocket" quest, even without preston... my one fucking settler gave me a quest.

>get settlement quest
>these ______ are bothering us
>here I'll mark it on your map
>1,000,000 miles away

>What kinds of quests
I would fucking like to see not every raider who was being murdered by supermutants in a stalemate instantly turn on you, another human of unknown quality, and try to kill you while the super mutants are doing the same.

seriously I hate that everything is insta aggro all the time everywhere. raiders couldn't possibly kill every human who walks up out of the wasteland- they'd never get recruits and would wind up killing each other, because they don't have pip boys to show them who is an enemy...

another mod I'd like is the pipboy not show live enemies s.t. you can sweep areas and find ghouls and everything else, but would allow you to sweep for dead bodies. seriously I can't tell you how many hours I've wasted looking for some corpse that got killed in the weeds.

it's kinda sad that such a good perk like Lone Wanderer is blocked if you have a companion.

I like having companions around just to have some random chit chats every once in a while. They do fuck all in battle and just fuck up my stealth/drain my stimpaks, so it's hardly a benefit to me. Also playing on Survival so they can't carry more than a couple of bullets before giving up.

>I would fucking like to see not every raider who was being murdered by supermutants in a stalemate instantly turn on you, another human of unknown quality, and try to kill you while the super mutants are doing the same.

user, that isn't a quest issue, that's an AI issue. That has nothing whatsoever to do with questing and everything to do with the fact that the AI treats you as being a more immediate threat than anything else.

>another mod I'd like is the pipboy not show live enemies s.t. you can sweep areas and find ghouls and everything else, but would allow you to sweep for dead bodies. seriously I can't tell you how many hours I've wasted looking for some corpse that got killed

god, I'd like this too.

>wasting stimpaks on companions

they are there to suck up some damage and do a little themselves, as well as be your porter. lone wanderer just replaces that with stats. it would be double dipping to have both.

playing on survival, if I don't heal them they fuck off.

Cant wait for the sex mods desu

I'm just trying to think. The quest has to motivate the player to do something by providing a clear objective that's justified.

So what objectives could we support?

1) Exploration - explore an area. Perhaps scout several waypoints? But without enemies it'd be basically a long walk to an area, then a long walk back.

2) Information gathering - Could be explored more, with information being 'hidden' in containers, behind locked terminals, or speech checks. I'm sure people would bitch about hacking or random chance to fail speech though. How would you guys spice something like this up?

3) Clearing out a hostile area for a faction - We're already complaining about these quests.

4) Collect an item from a location - Without some enemy in the location, it'd just be a long walk, pick up item, long walk. Maybe if the item was not actively highlighted with a HUD icon it could be more interesting, but then could you imagine searching through, say, cambridge police station to find one cabinet with some randomly generated item? It'd be godawful.

5) Build something for a settlement - this is basically what the minutemen quests have you do, but once again - to justify the long walk to a location for what amounts to a 10s build job there needs to be something at the location for the player to deal with that's more than navigating the build menu for a brief moment.

The problem is when you get sent to go somewhere or do something and there's no conflict on the way, the player often times gets bored or feels that the quest isn't worth his time. Conflict of some sort is absolutely necessary for the player to become engaged in the quest. It could be combat, diplomacy, the application of a skill/perk they've acquired, whatever.

no it's a quest issue because you can't ever have any quest of any kind that deals in any way with the raiders except killing them all. and don't tell me the AI isn't capable because in contrast in NV you were neutral to a gang or town until you crossed them, and could often join their side. sure the AI instantly knew if you'd crossed them on the other side of vegas, but at least you could walk around and not instantly be shot at by the powder gangers if you wanted.

New Vegas already had great quests, there's no fucking excuse for Bethesda's laziness.

Wouldn't make sense to let you have them both. Maybe as a fourth/fifth tier to the perk though. It sucks having 400/405 carry weight and then suddenly you have a companion for this quest.

Stimpaks aren't that rare in my experience. I end up tossing them in workstations so they don't eat up carry weight.

It would have been nice to just be able to put on raider leathers and some raider armor and enter combat zone as a friendly, and have that quest play out much differently.

It also would have been nice for power armor to effect certain reactions - everyone always knows I'm a qt3.14 vault-dwelling minuteman general even if I'm in full INstitute x-01

playing on survival, if I don't heal them they fuck off.

>If they changed the engine, then yes - a different type of quest might work. For example, if you got rid of the randomness of the speech system then you could try to do like a 'suicide counseling' quest where you actively research a person's history, then talk them out of doing something drastic and use speech checks that require the player to have either obtained X amount of supplementary data or meet Y skill requirement.
Fallout 1 already did this. How sad is it that Bethesda can't.

6. diplomacy: get two factions to cease hostilities
7. balance tipping: choose which of two factions or non-faction groups to support in what would otherwise be a turf stalemate
8. recruitment: find a group of sub-companions to battle a greater foe. make the pool of sub companions the entire population not just pre-made companions.
9. subterfuge: rise high enough in faction X to betray them, spy, or possibly become a double agent
10. production: produce something(s) for anything other than personal gain.
11. research: research actual useful paths, like how to grow futa cock with radiation

inb4 but the engine
this is just off the top of my head shit

That's not a quest issue either, that's a factional issue. Bethesda felt that they didn't want to take the time to incorporate factions for gunners, raiders, or super mutants and so they're always KOS.

Of course certain factions even in F:NV were always KOS as well. Outside of Vault 3, there's no way to side with or approach the fiends without being attacked. Even if you go to vault 3 and sell them a boatload of chems, and ingratiate yourself with Motor Runner the fiends out in the ruins will still always attack you. And there's plenty of random raiders, scavengers, and just assorted people throughout the wastes who'll attack without provocation and aren't aligned with any specific group.

I'd be very, very surprised to learn that it's something that 'can't' be done. I would not be surprised at all if it's simply something that either didn't occur to Bethesda, or if they decided that it wasn't worth the time to program in. They do have a reputation for trying to sort of steer their playerbase towards specific styles of play, and while that works well for a lot of players others might resent that. The decision not to make a more elaborate speech system and skill likely is more of the same.

I'm not defending their choice, mind you, but I can see why they would make such a choice.

Actually looking it up, the Fiends and the Jackals do have their own faction ID's.

>just assorted people throughout the wastes

but not everyone all the time no matter what

and quest issues aren't quest issues either then, because bethesda just couldn't be assed to make anything besides kill and fetch quests. if you use the excuse that bethesda just didn't want to, that excuses everything.

So is Vim! Supposed to be FEV or something? Why did those guys in the Vim factory transform into Super Mutants?

I'm not arguing they don't, but through normal unmodded gameplay neither one can be allied with or even just placated to the point where they aren't hostile on sight.

>use speech checks that require the player to have either obtained X amount of supplementary data

They already have that ingame, if you let mama murphy use the sight she gives you a hot tip adn trik for the next major quest, and a speech option will change to utilise it.
The problem is they gutted the fuck out of the conversation system, so instead of gaining an option in light of this new information, you lose one because [sarcastic] turned into [how's your mother]

is there a mod to remove the map marker distance reduction in survival mode?

exploring is a pain in the ass when you can't see locations in advance, and it doesn't do much to increase challenge.

I honestly would have been totally fine with the level of radiant quests if they were fun and had a lot of variety. I wouldn't have a problem with the quests in general if there was something that made them interesting. Here's one idea for a brotherhood one but trust me I have a lot.

>Evac Missions
You have to take a vertibird to a random non settlement location where a group of brotherhood soldiers are in trouble. You have a time limit before you have to take as many people as you can and get out.

[The quest could have a lot of randomly generated variations in itself but here's one idea.]

Quest:
When you get there they're in a fortified position being attacked by an endless waves of enemies with short breaks in between. There's things that must be done before they can leave. Sometimes several things.

Subquest 1:
In some situations you have to provide medical attention to a wounded soldier using stimpacks/bloodpacks or whatever depending on the injuries which also have variations. If your skill is too low or you don't have the materials, you have to protect a medic while he helps the wounded soldier.

Subquest 2:
There's something that they just won't leave without. You can try to convince them to leave anyway with speech, but if you fail they make you go get it while they hold out. If you take too long they all end up dead before you get back, or they abandon you there.

Subquest 3:
Similar to medical thing, the vertibird is damaged and you can't leave until it's fixed either by you or the pilot.

Subquest 4:
When you get there it seems the fighting is over. The enemy retreated back into their camp but they have prisoners. You and the survivors have to attack the camp and bring them back. You have to lockpick or hack depending on how their keeping the prisoners. If you can't do it someone else will, but it takes more time. You can also try a hostage negotiation with the speech skill.

I have more but I'm out of space 'n shit

If the Legion is the bull, would that make the NCR a cuckold?

> 1) basically a long walk
This is partly an issue with the FPS nature of the game. Random encounters are the way to handle this otherwise, and there's a shoddy substitute for that concept in the game. Part of the problem is that once you've explored an area, you can't go back to "discover" it again. You need a reason, like placing a MILA. The other problem is that once a dungeon has been populated, it's stuck at that level forever, and by the time it repops, it poses no threat whatsoever.

> 2) How would you guys spice something like this up?

I like the way Deus Ex: HR did things, sort of. Doesn't need the alpha/beta labelings, but you have to approach certain people with a certain attitude or they'll stonewall you. Certain conversational approaches are only available at high charisma. Only took 1 charisma? All you can speak are insults. 5 charisma? You can smooth-talk average intelligence people. 10? People hang off your every word. Maybe make the 10cha perk something that highlights the conversation options that lead to the most peaceful/rewarding resolution. As for information behind terminals/locks, they do pretty well at having important keys and passwords around already. That, or you can have a companion do it.

> 3) Dungeon Clears

I don't think we'd be complaining about this if they felt more rewarding - better experience, better leveled enemies, better chests at the end. How would people feel if the end chests had a 1/1000 or 1/10000 chance to contain a random SPECIAL bobblehead for instance? That would also discourage maxing stats at creation, but that's not really a problem, per se.

> 4) Collect an item

Have it carried by an NPC, someone who wants caps for it, eaten by a deathclaw, carried by a courier - you don't know their location just their departure and destination. You can buy it, talk 'em out of it, pickpocket it, or just kill 'em. Could be a "bring me 5 carrot flower" quest,

uh, continued I guess...

>I would fucking like to see not every raider who was being murdered by supermutants in a stalemate instantly turn on you, another human of unknown quality, and try to kill you while the super mutants are doing the same.

That's almost as annoying as voiced PC
How the fuck could they fail so badly at AI in 2015, people have had aggro down for years

>But not everyone all the time no matter what
And it's the same in Fallout 4, user. You can meet certain requirements to turn certain factions non-hostile, or others to make neutral factions hostile.

The only difference between F:NV and FO4 in this regard is that F:NV had no truly generic 'raider' or 'super mutant' factions. The closest it has are the vipers, jackals, or fiends which are always KOS no matter what you do (With the exception of the fiends inside of the vault).

It sounds to me that what you're complaining about isn't so much that raiders are always hostile, but that there's only one faction of raider and no way to be able to negotiate with them. Instead you'd like to be able to split raiders off into specific sub-types, groups/tribes/factions/whatever and handle each one differently. I don't see why it couldn't have been done, but obviously Bethesda chose not to.

When I say "quest issues" I mean, the actual objectives and implementation of quests and not the AI or faction system. Those could be incorporated and integrated into the game without linking them to a single quest.

The quest issues I was referring to in my post were in regards to A) the types of quests available to the player, B) what form of conflict or interaction would exist at the quest location to motivate the player for completion of the quest, and so on.