>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/87FjnR7M

Other urls found in this thread:

ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2559
pastebin.com/pb2iY4FM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for boipucci

first for wew lad

Vox are cute!

>All the shenanigans in 2.5 hours as a medibot dragging tricord feeding service borg.
Round was way more fun than it had any right to be.

>Make new thread
>This one got up first
>"You cannot delete this post"
fug

Last time on /ss13g/
>Taxi was bad, but we remain optimistic for Bus
>DO NOT KILL THE XENOBIOLOGIST. He will give you his slime cores without molestation.
>Kill Nick Weller because he is fixing shit
>Monday night lowpop
>RUST
>blob toxins maint by solars

Kill yourself.

>Botanist
>Order 12 crates of exotic plants and bees
>Start growing random shit, not even caring what it is
>only thing i care about is my space weed
>smoke spaceweed
>Major pressure problems develop in hydro
>Room gets locked down
>Tech comes to investigate
>Tell him the bees keep hitting the sensor on the wall
>He takes the room off lockdown
>Continue growing random shit
>No chef
>faggots keep asking me for food
>put random plants on the table
>people eat it
>4 people go to the hospital
>kitchen gets put on lockdown
>pressure differentials in hydro cause windows to get blown out
>game never ends because its a never ending extended round with no antag.

You amused me.

Why does the shuttle suck so much compared to what it was?

You did not. And the HoS told me to go fish when I said you were putting out poisonous food. That was a shitshow and if I had had time I would have built a ripley to do you like I did the librarian for spamming our comms

>cause windows to get blown out
I don't think this can happen

Well, maybe the windoors

Fire can do it.

What's bus station?

Taxi 2.0

Except you Intigracy, you're my husbando.

Taxi but with big maint and space pods and all the rooms are bigger and the taxis are spread apart and some other stuff too maybe

structure finished, starting to light the place up

might need to add lights not found in the original map because rays

like a big dark spot in the delivery room of the cargo office because no lights are at the right angle

having fun though

shit feels neat so far

what do you guys think the ceiling looks like on space station 13?

>what do you guys think the ceiling looks like on space station 13?

What you've got there is probably a good representation of what it should/would/could be.

What ceiling?

Sweating neckbeards pulliing the strings of snowflake female characters

kek

Looks real good, can't wait!

We have wall smoothing IIRC, so it's unlikely there would be such weird patterns on the windows and walls

It would blend together more or less, with no outlines but still with defining features

all I have at the moment is just the "single block wall" texture, with the reinforced version for secure/reinforced areas like the bridge and sec

I'm thinking of actually adding ceiling windows to certain areas, like the rec area or the bar

starlight might counteract some of the dark spots left by the inside lights

will remember to smooth the glass if I do a more updated version of the station (or a different station)

this version had individual panels for each window tile

and the only funky wall patterns I got are the reinforced walls' reinforcements

dunno if I'm anywhere close to source's limits on faces or not

probably nowhere close but I'm overly cautious so I've simplified bits in some places

at some point I'll probably go back and add the random "damaged" plating tiles in maintenance

Why xenobiologist? Out of all the options, why did you hatch me just to set me on fire?

who are the new waifus?

>alright I'll just check to see if botanists have PDA cartridges before making this PR
>whoops wrong character slot posibrain'd and borged in 20 seconds
>forced to mass produce vomit
>I have no idea what I am doing and can't stop my shaker from making more
send jesus

Oh mother of god my sides

So bus station has 3 pod bays PLUS a mechanic podbay and also ANOTHER pod bay if you count the vox

In total there are 5 roundstart pods with random designs (solid gold, syndie, NT official, civilian, mercenary, maybe more) + 2 pods in Vox station

What I'm getting at here is that we need some better pod mechanics and I'm not talking about the mechanics that build pods. Like we need to be able to customize our paintjob, load in a passenger seat,set up onboard GPS, add attachments that mechs have like repair drone or power siphon, maybe some weapons but let's not go crazy.

>AI prints bullets from the autolathe in science.
>Requests they be brought to the PAI so he can put them into his circuits.
>gets his borg to bring seeds to the vox to calm it down

>passenger seat
fund it immediately

Why the hell do you have to tell everything you do or happen to the admins? Do you have some kind brain problem of which you can't spend a minute without being noticed or havving attention for yourself?

t. admin who deals with lots of shittards who think Adminhelp is their personal Twitter erryday

saved

>point out a map issue (I'll give you that I could just bug report it but often I'm busy playing)
>point out something weird that makes no sense
>point out I'm being murdered in an inferno

I dunno it doesn't seem that wrong

>Turn on the plasma tank and flush the egg
>Roboticist comes in, handling xenobiology
>Decide to leave thinking they'll take care of it
>See this

I'm not sure if this still happens but the first time I played Xenobio after nonantag borers
>AW YEAH WE GONNA HATCH A BORER
>put egg in chute
>it shoots out into the containment and splats
>eggs break when thrown

did they get rid of that?

yeah that feature got removed fast, lasted a day or two. It was because borer was a child of egg or something stupid.

>point out a map issue (I'll give you that I could just bug report it but often I'm busy playing)
>point out something weird that makes no sense
What good do you think this will do?
The admins aren't your errand boys. They're not going to make a bug report for something just because you tell them about it.

In fact, in the time you take to ahelp and tell them about it, you could have used the in-game bug report button to actually report the bug in the place you're supposed to report it.

>borer was a child of egg
It was, and you could put it into the egg incubator and hatch it into a chicken

>filling out a forum is the same as sending a message

Your argument was good until you tried to push that shit. Then you get people mocking you for making too many github issues, having your bug reports ignored, and eventually duplicated.

Up yours cunt, the github is a place of frustration and futility unless the people of power are interested.

it's just a recreation of an outdated version of the Metastation map in source

multi-level stations are possible, yeah

haven't found one I felt like doing yet though

this is mostly fueled by nostalgia and "oh man it's neat crawling through this place in first person"

and stupid and probably shitty future ideas that I'll probably never end up doing

tf2, mann vs machine, red sec vs the greytide

tf2 2 stage map, red as nuke ops, first stage get that fukken disc, second stage payload the nuke

maybe counterstrike, never played it that much

And you think ahelping is going to somehow be different?

I don't agree with what you said at all but apply that same notion to admins.

>github is a place of frustration and futility unless the people of power are interested.
so identical to ahelping an admin?

Oh please, you act like you have to write an essay.
It's just a few sentences.

At least you can still eat them

ahelping is different for me.

It's lazier, it notifies people who have more power than me on the github, and I can do it more often when playing the game at the time and have live feedback about the bug.

Ahelp's live feedback is better than the github, because you cannot report most bugs until the round is over, and some 'bugs' like "the ripley can't squeeze people anymore" can just be solved by an admin telling you, "You're a retard, switch to harm intent" instead of flooding the github and making an ass of yourself.

Back to the you can't report bugs when the round is still going on and ahelping provides live discussion when the bug is still active and can be duplicated argument.

Pretty decent reasoning. There's just one thing wrong.

No one really has power on github. It's all the wills and will nots.

Will you get off your lazy butt and code something, or won't you?

>it notifies people who have more power than me on the github
Do you believe that having admin power in-game is the same as having clout on the Github? We have plenty of admins that don't know shit about code, and we've got a good number of big coders that haven't ever been an admin.
Nuke's the headmin and he doesn't touch the code at all.

>Greytides as IAA
>ahelps after getting dunked (to be fair, he just asked if his execution was valid)
>gets permabanned from IAA
>appeals it
>manages to get fully permabanned from the server

How the fuck do you have such bad charisma, that just talking to admins makes them wanna ban you?

Link to the ban appeal?

>Noone has power on github and it's a matter of will

If you code the best thing ever but people don't like it despite flawless code, their will not beats your work every time. This is why the "when you code it first" meme is bad.

Plenty of admins however are coders, or at least active on the github. Your claim is almost as if you're saying there's no such thing as a codermin.

ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2559

MR "BANVALIDS" PAIN DOES IT AGAIN

He'll appeal it and have it removed within 24 hours

Ahelping when you get arrested and dealt with IC is really bad form and we had to start banning people months and months ago to trim back that kind of attitude. It worked and these kinds of bans, and ahelps, are very rare now.

As well people rarely bitch about admins treating security unfairly.

I strongly and always recommend that if you have content in mind that you really want, you make an issue and talk to people. 9 times out of 10 that people say no to new content (which is rare to begin with) its because it was some random shit that upsets the apple cart, doesn't fit the game, or is just poorly thought out.

Another no rules day when?

I was at work all day and missed my chance to rape Dana.

>Make an issue discussing if something will be a good idea
>People tell you to stop being an idea guy
>People say you make too many issues
>People flame you for being you and never actually discuss the suggested content
>If none of this happens, you get your tag and 0 replies afterwards

Not falling for that meme again friend

Unless you're Killette or Midayachi I've never seen that happen and those two have more inane feature requests than I have bug reports.

Show me the issues senpai.

do you mean Mr "TOE TO THE LINE SHITTER" Pain?

Maybe if you had actually made a single PR, EVER, people wouldn't assume that you're just an idea guy full of hot air, Killette.

what's your ckey?
You're also implying this only happens to one person and it's not the github community doing it as a whole

>what's your ckey?
That's Probe1, our head admin.

It's Probe1

Holy fuck, that is some bullshit. Disagreeing with the painman does not warrant a permaban.

I'm putting this down as a warning, next time you get a 3 day ban because I warned you in the thread already and recent behavior.

Duck my sick

You have been muted from ahelps for the rest of this round buster.

please no I don't have any warnings left

I'll give you an extra, just to use it up now. Don't say I didn't give you a chance next time, you're a good kid.

This isn't fully true

Contributors have a lot of power on github

They do but not in the way discussed.

Kurfurst and Comic were recently at loggerheads about a very minor PR. Comic would not merge it because it did not meet our style format and Kurfurst rightly pointed out it wasn't adequately documented anywhere.

It still wasn't merged because the rest of the code followed that style.

This is where collaborators power really lies and I had a bitch fest in irc last night about how all that Celt Code got merged while I was away. Collaborators didn't block it even if it would have been the sane thing to do. It was a BUNCH of code designed for a snow map, that affected everything, and the snowmap was never made. But people said yes, so it was merged.

Their power is in maintaining the god awful spaghetti mess of Space Station 13 and trying to make life a little better one day at a time.

>the guy metagrudging you for close to a year gets admin

why did it have to be like this

why is corporate the worst lawset and why should you kill yourself for uploading it as soon as possible

Metagrudging is bannable.

Compile a list of evidence and submit a ban request.

who

I thought it'd be fun. Oy vey.

yeye

That's a fantastic amount of money for 90 minutes.

go to sleep leon

it doesn't define profit as good, only expensive as bad

I mean I doubt it'd really be anything ban worthy. The guy just hates my guts. He doesn't usually do anything outside of bitching and whining at me whenever he gets the chance. Now I can't help but wonder if he's piling on a shitton of shitty and out of context notes though, and I'll bet that if I get banned one of these days he'll be the one to hop on a chance to do it.

An insufferable faggot shitter that hates me for being a shitter to him.

Get on my level.

Stop posting this

???

>Kurfurst and Comic were recently at loggerheads about a very minor PR. Comic would not merge it because it did not meet our style format and Kurfurst rightly pointed out it wasn't adequately documented anywhere.
Was this about the slime paralysis potion? If so I didn't expect it to start any trouble.

what

No it was about a tiny little QoL change to supply shuttles.

You should be able to solve this

Alright lads, I'll prove I'm not joking around by posting the concept for a tailor job.

Here's the pastebin because it doesn't fit in a single post:
pastebin.com/pb2iY4FM

Now I just realized I've spent too much time writing this and it will never be coded because it's too much of an hassle. Sprites need to be drawn and even if we use the same sprites for clothes we'd need to manage all of the upgrade combinations for each piece of clothing.

>QoL
Yo I'm no code monkey, speak English hombre.

You could always code it yourself.

tbqh it doesn't sound big enough to be warranted as a job, just something people can do.

That would be like calling assistants who make ghetto weapons 'for security or self defense' blacksmiths.

t. killette

it's quality of life you numbskull, not a coder term

That's nice and all buy i still want space idols and space bands

I'm not an autist so I can't

you did it champ