/wtc/ - Witcher and Cyberpunk General - (/krw/, /cpg/)

Family Edition

Blood and Wine expansion will be released on the 31st May!
Teaser trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=7sVoDJ_DITs
New Region trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJT5XRftOU

Hearts of Stone and patch 1.12 is released!
HoS developer stream: twitch
.tv/gogcom/v/21846005
Trailer here:youtube.com/watch?v=ffdxS9R6NTE
Patchnotes: wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.12-ENG.pdf

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1054/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/439/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/509/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Gwent

reminder that we're getting enemy scaling with BaW

Holy shit

On an unrelated note U.S timezones needs to step up on its posting.

They might have been scared off by Andrew calling them all stupid.

So what's the best way to stock up on Gwent cards?
Just playing every bloke innkeeper or merchant you come across or is there some merchant I'm missing?

I have a hard time beating the strong players because my deck is so lacking.

Either playing everyone, or going to the gwent card merchants in HoS, if you're super lazy and feel like cheating there is a mod that has a merchant that sells every card.

just stick with a northern deck for most of the game it takes a while to get a decent deck for other factions

play every merchant and innkeeper literally everyone you meet who plays gwent. also check every inkeep as a lot of them sell random cards.

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1054/?

also post you're strongest win.

Play every merchant, smith and innkeeper but remember to see if they're selling cards first too
There are also quests where you can win unique cards from main and side characters

Playing on Piss 4, so mods aren't an option.
I guess I'll just play everyone, even though it's starting to get very boring.

8 days

You can get a schematic for a non-common version

it should be a fucking OP relic out of the box.

There's a cave near the Hanged Man's Tree where you can find a relic version that scales to your level so if you find it at level 3, it'll be level 3 but if you find it later, it should be higher level since it's guarded by a high level Arachas

Will you be able to dye common armors, or just witcher school sets?

Also, will dyeing be available from level 1?

I can't wait for BaW, my Geralt really looks forward to spending more time with Triss.

Friendly reminder that Trisspammer was banned for flooding and he's ban evading now. Report every post he makes.

>Will you be able to dye common armors

guess so, they never did say that they are gonna restrict that to witcher gear

>Also, will dyeing be available from level 1

i don't think that there will be dye merchant in white orchard, but if i remember correctly he's gonna be in oxenfurt, novigrad and kaer trolde, so it's gonna be rather lvl 3 than 1

>It's "Dandelion is being a total a dumbass" episode

>go on >leddit to check if there are some news i've managed to miss
>thread about enemy scaling
>it's bad idea pls delet

i've seen everything

>it's a "Dandelion and Geralt are poor and Geralt broods about not having any work" short story

does the new witcher armor set bonus require weapons as well? because i like to use ursine armor with wolf swords

>tfw not lorefriendly

there are bonuses for 3 parts and for 6 parts, so for max bonus you need swords

you can do that. it's not Dark Mode.

>It's "Dandelion fucks wrong woman and gets into trouble" episode

meh good enough i guess

>30 hours of it

Anyone got a list of set bonuses? I'm at work and can't be fucking about pausing videos
spoonfeed me /krw/

I dont know why they feel all dlc's have to be endgame content basically at level 30. Why would you not want people to make use of armor dyes and runewrights THROUGHOUT the game?

>set bonuses
is this a thing in B&W?

Never mind found one with google. Will copy/paste for other lazy anons in a minute

I feel like you replied to the wrong post

>Had to restart this quest because Triss is fucking retarded and wont stop running into the wall.

What a shit waifu.

weird. she did this with me also during some mission in the sewers

You have an unspent skill point, user.
One of your swords is also in bad condition.

she's a qt and can actually teleport to you.
just go far enough. or save and reload.

SET BONUSES

>Manticore school (only grandmaster will be available)
3-piece: Bombs profit from critical chance and damage bonuses
6-piece: Alchemy items get an additional charge

>Wolf school:
3-piece: You can use up to 3 oils on one sword
6-piece: Bombs can be thrown immediately

>Bear school:
3-piece: If a Quen sign bursts, there is a 5% chance for each bear school item to cast a new one for free
6-piece: The damage (? may mean damage absorption) of Quen abilities will be tripled

>Griffin school:
3-piece: After casting a sign for stamina, a second sign can be cast during the next three seconds for free
6-piece: Yrden traps are 40% bigger. Yrden provides stamina regeneration, sign intensity and damage reduction buffs

>Cat school:
3-piece: Heavy attacks increase the damage of light attacks (5% for each cat school item) for 5 seconds
6-piece: Hits in the back do 25% more damage and stun the enemy

Cat and Griffin seem to be the best ones

>Manticore school
what the fuck

No she cant because when you leave the orange circle the game changes quest to "you have strayed to far, meet triss".

Thats just W1 outfit.

Geralt secret manticore student all along confirmed.

maybe theres a zerrikanian witcher school with black witchers

actually bretty nice. looks like Witcher 1.
i hope somebody will mod it and give it the wolf stats & bonuses.

i hope collar won't be clipping as madly as wolven's

i want to have an owl school :3

At that point Witchers might as well just be pupils of hogwarts with all the houses.

3-piece Wolf will be bretty gud with the alchemy skills for 'oils never expire' and 'oils reduce damage taken from the target monster type'
>permanent damage and damage resistance from both humans and animals on steel sword
>permanent damage and damage resistance from necrophage, ogroid and insectoid weak mobs on silver sword

>Geralt actually did die at the end of the books
>manticore tails are venomous
>we've been playing as Venom Geralt the entire time
Bravo Kojima

>>Bear school:
>3-piece: If a Quen sign bursts, there is a 5% chance for each bear school item to cast a new one for free
>>Griffin school:
>3-piece: After casting a sign for stamina, a second sign can be cast during the next three seconds for free
>6-piece: Yrden traps are 40% bigger. Yrden provides stamina regeneration, sign intensity and damage reduction buffs

Oh shit

reminder

"You're a Witcher, Harry."

The words still rung and echoed in Harry's head, fifteen years later. At the time, he'd been excited to leave his aunt and uncle's house in Novigrad's outskirts, even if they had sold him to the old Witcher for barely a couple of coins. If he'd only known what being a witcher really meant, he'd have stayed there and happily endured his family's beatings. Hell, he'd probably have voluntarily locked himself up in the small closet under the cellar stairs. Spiders be damned, at least they were not arachas.

Unlike the beast that had made these tracks in the forest.

"The Arachas's carpace is much stronger on the front than on the back, so Witchers are advised to refrain from any frontal confrontations," Hermione recited nervously next to him, as though Master Dorregaray's The Wonderful World of Insectoids were a prayer book. "The arachas has no fear of poison, and not much fear of fire. Its primitive nervous system barely reacts to wounds, and its incredible vitality allows it to take even great wounds. The beast will heal them after the fight anyway, all the while digesting its prey. All said and done, the arachas is a bug, so one's blade should be coated with the Insectoid Oil before fight--"

"Did we remember to add the two drops of hellebore essence to the oil? I can't remember?" Hermione cried. Harry and Ron exchanged exasperated looks as they sheathed their swords again.

"Yes, Hermione, you made us check and re-check and measure the drops a million times before adding them," Ron said, rolling his eyes.

"It's just... it's kind of irresponsible, isn't it?" Hermione asked. "Sending us out into the world like this... to kill an arachas! If what they wanted was to test our abilities, they should've started with something-- smaller. A ghoul, or some lonely wraith..."

"Hermione, the three of us survived the Trial of the Grasses. We're ready," Harry reassured her.

So does the theory that Triss was going to use the Rose of Remembrance to force geralt to love her have any truth to it?

"There's also three of us and one of it," Ron insisted. "It's got no chance against us."

"Says the one who singed off his eyebrows after butchering Igni the other day," Hermione said dryly. Ron turned beet red with anger and stomped ahead in order to ignore her.

They walked in silence for a couple of seconds until Harry heard the faint rustling of something moving among the trees to his left. It was large, and after a few moment's concentration he recognised the sound of many legs.

The uneven sound of a sword being shakily pulled out of a scabbard let him known that Hermione had heard too. Further down the road, Ron had also stopped and turned to look at Harry. Harry nodded at the both of them. He reached down to his belt, uncorked the vial of Thunderbolt with a swift, practiced move, and downed its contents in a single gulp.

Immediately he felt the burning liquid running through his body, his muscles twitching as the potion seeped through them, making them stronger, faster. His sword, shinning with the oil he had applied earlier, seemed to egg him on.

But there was no need. The arachas had smelled them, and was now charging through the undergrowth. Harry was ready. He waited until the last second to jump away from the charging beast and slashed through the air with his sword. He felt the blade connect, slice through hard skin, and the arachas screeched and turned around, swiping. Harry jumped out of the way, but landed on a tree root and lost his balance.

"Hermione!" he cried, as the Arachas prepared to charge toward him.

Hermione frantically moved her fingers in the shape of the Yrden sign, casting it right where the Arachas stood. Small tendrils of light sprung up from the Sign and wrapped themselves around the insectoid, restricting its movements.

At that moment, Ron charged in and stabbed at the creature in the back. The creature swung back so violently it managed to hit Ron on the chest. Blood spurted all over as he stammered back.

Is everyone ready to have B&W break all their fucking mods?

"No!" cried Hermione as the Arachas prepared to strike again. She moved her fingers again, this time forming the Aard sign. In her desperation, the Sign was probably stronger than she had intended, since it not only knocked the insect back a few paces, but herself as well. She cried as her arse slammed into the ground and the silver sword slipped from her hand.

Harry had recovered himself and slashed again, and again, at the creature's back. Every time the creature swung around he rolled out of the way, right under the thing's long, spindly necks so he'd end up behind it. Sticky, putrid green blood covered the ground around him, and finally made him lose his footing. A blunt, crushing blow made the insides of his skull ring and everything went black for a minute.

There was a blast, and the ground shook beneath Harry's feet. He felt sharp, stabbing pain in his arm and as the world came back to focus, he realized the sharpnel from Ron's bomb had embedded itself into his arm. But it had also thrown the Arachas off balance, and the enormous creature struggled and flailed on its carpace as it tried to regain footing.

Harry took his opportunity. He jumped up the creature and stabbed it ferociously in its horrible, gaping maw. The arachas let out another horrible cry of pain and in its last flail sent Harry flying off against a tree. The air was knocked out of him, but at least the thing was dead.

"I'm sorry, mate," gasped Ron, looking at Harry's arm. The skin had been clean torn off by the sharpnel at many places. "It's... I couldn't aim properly."

He was holding the large, gaping wound on his chest as though his fingers could stop the blood. But already his Witcher's metabolism was kicking in, and the blood did not flow as copiously as it would otherwise have. Ron would live, at least.

It takes 1 second to change it from 1 type to another.
There is nothing good about this bonus unless new, non 'monster type' oils will be introduced.

"We killed it," Hermione muttered, as though in a trance. She stared, almost dead-eyed, at the creature lying on the ground. "We killed it. We killed it. Melitele preserve us, we killed it."

"Yeah, we did," said Ron, and slumped to the ground. "Harry, you wouldn't happen to have some vodka?"

Harry sat down next to his friend and reached into his pack for the bottle. This was certainly an occasion worth celebrating.

He was a Witcher now.

i love how selfish geralt is, pretty much everything he does is either for his friends and family or money. really nice approach instead of the le chosen one hero! you see in every rpg

Yeah, it's funny to think about how all the bad guys really only are bad guys because they want to harm or take away Ciri

what did you guys do with whoreson? i felt bad seeing him beg but put him down anyway

kinda pissed me off because geralt just says because of what whoreson done with ciri he couldnt let this go. like what about the dozens of dead women this guy had killed?

You dunkass. He says he can't let this go because the girl he is looking for is like a daughter to him, then looks around at the dead girls.

He kills whoreson because he realises that all those women were daughters to someone.

>using mods

Really? I thought dying armors was exclusively in Touissant

>Not using complete map mod to fix the absolutely abysmal vanilla map.

Its like you like having only one objective marker at a time and all your merchants invisible unless you are standing next to them.

i believe i saw it somewhere saying that npc with dyes will appear in every region, but i can be wrong

What does /twg/ think of that ''twist''?
MGS V I mean.

The twist isn't the problem that game has, it's the execution of Venoms character.

He's just some autist who never speaks and everyone calls a demon even though he spends all his time fultoning sheep and saving nigger kids.

240 hours into the game, m8.
I sadly know all what I need to know.

>What does /twg/ think of that ''twist''?
No idea, why won't you ask them?

>Starring:
>Punished "Venom" Wolf
>"Crossbow" Vesemir

Wolven is the only improvement really. Ursine looks to fat now, Griffin still has beer belly, and cat belongs in witcher 2.

I liked it as Kojima's final Metal Gear words to the players that they/we were actually the coolest guy around and that the Snakes never would have made it without Player 1
It's cheesy but also sweet

There is a mod that makes Griffin slimmer.

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/439/?

grandmaster bear actually looks real nice

wolf looks the same

griffin still looks shit

feline just added le hood

manticore = nostalgia

Fur collar on Ursine is disappointing as fuck desu
Hopefully that's a console screenshot and not what it always looks like

I know, but it wont automatically work for new armor.

Hopefully the modder will update it.

still looks like shit

wolven and ursine are the nicest imo

>Wolven
>what kinda armor you want senpai?
JUST STUD MY SHIT UP

>/twg/

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/509/?

>Dandelion, I'm already a monster.

kept you waiting huh

> Sapkowski-san will be waiting for us in Corvo Bianco
> What took you so long?

My Geralt fell in love with Triss and found true happiness with her!

Friendly reminder that trissposter is not worthy of your '(You)'s. Don't reply, just report and move on

Friendly reminder that putting ice on your butt helps with the pain.

I don't know if I'm going to summon anything but I sure wouldn't mind a few rounds of Gwent.

Letho a shit.