Are architecture threads allowed on Veeky Forums?

Are architecture threads allowed on Veeky Forums?

Yes, it's a Humanities board as well as a History one. I'll start making some architecture threads when time permits.

architecture threads are pretty good

Why does Germanic architecture always look so comfy?

>implying these types of cities aren't comfy

I was born in this town.
Really looks amazing in the citycore

Do architectures express an underlying philosophy or view of the world?

Isn't their a painting that resembles that picture. And it's pretty comfy

>/bladerunner/

Yes, you can thank Le Corbusier for that

perhaps or maybe you just didnt spend enough time playing with lego blocks as a kid, man

Yes, just like most things express the underlying philosophy of their creator.

Totally.

This are Bolivian cholets, some kind of new andean architecture.

This things are beyond excessive, but they reflect Bolivian style.

Also this is probably the only really new architecture developed in south america, in a long time.

That's so cool

Bolivia was objectively the most third world country in south america.

Lowest in every chart.

But after some changes in regime, they are doing a lot better, this cholets are made by the indian burguese wich is unique in south america.

While Nakagin Capsule Tower is really ugly, it teaches us a very important lesson that not everything that looks hip today is going to remain so after a few decades.

Damn that's nice.

We used to have these thread on /int/

Seeing architecture purely as a stentment is what ruined cities by the way. The philosophy behind it must be tangential only.

Cars ruined the city

Urban planning needs a tiered system with clearly defined density separations

Buildings taller than seven floors are unecessary

Unless they're contained to an assigned area of course

Alright I'll not dump then, fuck you niggers

Nah let's just sprawl everything out into suburbs and cram the city center full of highrises.

New Orleans is a beautiful city.

It's both historical and full of personality, which is rare for American cities.

It's also full of beautiful old mansions and divine gardens.

the suburbs around Sydney have marvellous victorian and edwardian terrace houses and such too. you could walk around a different neighborhood or suburn a day and look at them all. rows of terrace houses, crazy mansions with stained glass, and so many are just hidden around corners and in dead ends and you'll miss them for years

Too bad it's a Detroit tier shithole.

t. lived in New Orleans for a little bit. Love it to death.

It feels like you're a real estate agent trying to sell me New Orleans, and I must say i'm sold!

psst! pssst! user! can you help me with something? just between you and me what does the "t. xxx xxx" thing mean that a lot of anons are doing these days?

That's really cool. I love a well-preserved old timey district, especially when it's full of things like mansions! It's great that you can just go out and wander around and see them and you don't have to drive like an hour out of town to see one lonely old house.

Not really. It might be poor, crime-ridden, and corrupt, but it's certainly not a Detroit-tier shithole (unless you're black/live in the Lower 9th). New Orleans is full of light, joy, and culture, and while a lot of that might be debauchery and false glamor, most of it is a genuine love for life, at least as far as I've seen. You can go from the manicured natural beauty of Audubon and Uptown to the elegant old time beauty of the Garden District to the wild drunken nightly festivities of Bourbon to the classy jazz clubs of Frenchman in just a ride on the streetcar and a walk through the Quarter. New Orleans is many things, many ugly, dirty, beautiful things, but a crumbling post-industrial Rust Belt pit of black despair such as Detroit it is not.

Be aware that up until the great recession of 2008, New Orleans had higher homicide rates than Detroit, and the place is still about as violent as Honduras.

Whenever somebody gets killed, the NOPD announces his criminal record in the paper so the law abiding people will be a little less afraid.

It's a great place though.

It comes from a Finnish term, that means something to the effect of "source."

Came over from Krautchan.

Thanks user! I'm glad. I don't want to act like New Orleans is something it isn't, though; it is definitely full of danger and crime and horrific, crippling poverty that can be depressing to see. But so long as you stay in the pretty parts and you don't make the mistake of going anywhere that's not brightly and totally lit up by either the sun during the day or neon lights at night, it's wonderful!

The streetcar transportation kicks ass.

More places need streetcars.

thanks friend, and thanks for not telling anyone i was really embarassed

Why is American infrastructure so backwards? Why are our cities still so car dependent and decentralized?

Looks like a sonic the hedgehog level

Low population density, and a deep, abiding infatuation with the internal combustion engine.

My favourite city.

From what I understand, it's Singapore, except better in every way.

Is that karlsruhe?