Could Operation Valkyrie have succeeded?

Could Operation Valkyrie have succeeded?

YES, EVIDENTLY.

YOUR QUESTION IS IDIOTIC.

sure, but the entire plan hinged on Hitler being a corpse when it was put into effect.

even then, It's really not entirely clear on what the allies would do to Germany were it to sue for peace with Hitler dead. that's almost completely up to speculation on whether there would actually be peace talks where Germany would have a say in said talks.

>alright, we made it what now?
>now we surrender everything east of the Oder-Niesse and our country is divided in two for 50 years
I wonder what kind of peace treaty would the Germans get

Why in that pic and in pic related are the medals taken off (that's what I assume the holes in the left side of the chest tunic are)?

Yes

They screwed up with the bomb though.

Small explosions with little to no shrapnel are not good at killing people.

they should have had a copy of the table made, with a very large bomb full of nails, sealed in it. Then replace the table before the meeting.

>July 1944

Probably not, also those involved, predominately Prussian officers still wanted to keep the war with the Soviets going or else force them to agree to their annexations of the Baltic, Poland and Ukraine. It may have ended the war sooner, and under better terms, but probably not lose territory all the way to the Oder-Neisse line and they would be lucky to keep East Prussia, a very mild chance of keeping Austria and the Sudetenland too.

It really depends, would Valkyrie succeeding (entirely possible), have led to an immediate ceasefire with the western allies, would they have accepted it? If so, even the immediate hesitation by the west could create tensions great enough with the Soviets to allow them to accept a Germany ceasefire or surrender, with territory enough to be a strong ally against the Soviets, it would be a self-fulfilling event if the Allies took it seriously.

I wonder if there was ever a cabal of Russians who would've assassinated Stalin to try and get a cease fire during 1942.

I doubt stalin would have accepted a conditional surrender even if the western allies would have

Stalin had already killed or imprisoned literally everybody who might have been capable of thinking like that. The purges were horrific, but there is no question they were effective

They were definitely effective at killing the officer corps.

Which would have been the most likely source of viable plots against stalin. Its actually kinda impressive the soviets managed to win despite starting the war with essentially no officers for their army

I wonder if the SS could have been dealt with.

Officers are a meme, stalin guessed correctly high ass industrial output and manpower shits all over tactics

Only an overcompensating douche shows up to work with his medals on. Those are for ceremony.

Tell that to the soviets.

Is this the actual reason why?

Still, lack of field officers is one of the reasons the Red Army suffered so many casualties early in war

If it's not for ceremony, a ribbon corresponding to the medal is worn on the uniform.

Well, why in those pictures are they not wearing the ribbons then?

I think that if the Germans successfully signed a cease fire/surrender to the western allies the russians would continue attacking with extreme prejudice against Germany. It would probably then settle down to an armistice between the Russia and Europe which would probably later blast open into WW 2.5 with the Allies (Europe+US) vs Pan-Asia (Russia and China).

Tom Cruise was the worst casting choice possible, ruined the movie.

Indeed

Everything about this post is so stupid that I have no idea where to begin.

This is true of nearly every movie he's in.

bruh fuck yourself Tom Cruise is great in almost every movie he's been in. Valkyrie and Last Samurai are two of the only exceptions I can think of

The allies already declared they would only accept unconditional surrender in 1943.

Come on now, Edge of Tomorrow wasn't that bad.

Are you talking shit about Tom Cruise? He's a fucking gem, fite me irl faggot 1v1

Nothing says HEY ENEMY! LOOK! IM IMPORTANT! more than wearing your shinies around. Also it makes you look like a tryhard at work.

>hey there guys
>yeah don't mind us, the boss just wanted this new table for the big meeting today
>don't worry about the noise it's making haha no big deal
>ok we'll just put this here, when does the boss get here?

Operation Valkyrie wasn't really a political assassination.

The assassins were thinking that Hitler was dragging the war on in vein. And thought that he was the only thing stopping peace.

It was naivety. Stalin wanted the war and so did Churchill. They did not care if it was Hitler or a communist or a liberal in charge.

I think Valkyrie would have failed for the simple fact that the allies all wanted a piece of germany and were not actually fighitng against the evil nazis.

What Prussian?
The 3rd Reich eliminated distinctions within Germany, all Germans and Austrians were Germans (no Bavarians, no Prussians).