Serious Question

Muslims, why do you think that:

>avoiding dogs
>not eating bacon
>having women cut nails to skin lenght

are all important to a healthy society?

Also please share some other unusual things about Islam, and why they exist in the first place.

Are there even any Muslim posters here?

Anyway those were pretty practical sanitary ideas back in 610 in Mecca.

>"Anyway those were pretty practical sanitary ideas back in 610 in Mecca"
>

>Muslims
>Veeky Forums
>an obscure part of Veeky Forums

Lol how fucking high are you

I don't think they are, but instead were important to early Muslims because they were cultural rituals and practices that would outwardly segregate them from non-Muslims. Things like shaving mustaches but not beards are more clearly done for this exact purpose.

These sorts of rules were more relevant to Iraqis and Syrians than they were to Hedjazi Arabs, which is probably why, besides the bacon deal, these rules and hadiths supporting them start turning up there sometime after the Arab conquest into those regions.

these are all things that made sense 1500 years ago, and that is why stuff like this is in various religious books.

it makes no sense anymore, just like pretty much everything else in those books since the rise of science and modern medecine.

This really. Tradition: just because it was always done this way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

It's just what happens to any religion, they invent a copious amount of unnecessary bullshit.

>>avoiding dogs

Nothing unhealthy about dogs, Mohammed was scared of thjem so he pretended God said they were unclean.

>>not eating bacon

Where do you think pigs were first domesticated?

>>having women cut nails to skin lenght

This might actually have a health benefit, but we can be quite sure Mohammed didn't know that: He famously claimed the water can't become polluted, and advised people to drink from wells that had bodies and menstrual rags in it.

What the fuck. No

>dogs
aggresive, can spread rabies, which could be also confused for demonic possesion
>pork
parasites living in pork are much more common and dangerous than those in beef, lamb or any other domesticated animal.
>cutting nails
dunno really, but it seems like basic hygiene

Both of you are talking shit.

The dog hatred was invented by hadiths centuries after Muhammad, God knows why, probably some anti western bias. The Quran speaks favourably about dogs and even mentions some honourable figures who slept alongside dogs. Pork is banned because its from Judaism. The Nails thing is another made up hadith where you're supposed to be identical to muhammad so if he cut his nails so must you. Its a form of idol worship that sunnis do for muhammad but they wont admit that of course.

Most of these are stupid rules preserved by "reported claims" and supported solely by ignorance and superstition. That's why Quranism is the only way.

Avoiding dogs is cultural, not religious. Dogs have an important place in Islamic history and all animals deserve respect. Bacon doesn't seem very important to a healthy society anyways. Hygiene is hygiene but nail length has more cosmetic connotations than religious.

>dogs
Dunno, really. Seems to me there are no logical reasons.
>pork and general pigfobia
Pigfobia just comes from the fact that semitic religions originate from the Middle East. Pigs aren't common animals there and aren't herding animals. ME isn't really hospitable for pigs. They have no history of pigs

>Pigs aren't common animals there and aren't herding animals

Are you retarded? Serious question.

Pigs wee domesticated in the middle east, the reason Muslims don't touch them is because jews don't touch them, and the reason jews don't is because the Canaanites were pig breeders, by banning the eating of pork, the Jewish authorities made it impossible for Jews to associate with non-Jews.

Avoiding dogs in the middle east, even to today, let alone the advent of modern medicine, was just safe. Why risk rabies and a host of parasites at best and death from feral dogs at worst?

The Quran and the hadith make a distinction between dogs, as in pariah and feral dogs, and hounds, which are breed, working dogs, like saluki or shepherd dogs.

Are there any Muslims here that answer some questions I have?

The Quran just simply says dogs.
I'm ex muslim, im going out but ask and il answer later probably

I just wanted to know a basic overview of the religion. Like who wrote the Quran , important people in it, it's message, what God says and things about Muhammad.

The Quran makes a distinction of describing "trained" dogs, which I've read jurists translating as hounds, for the purpose of making a distinction between those and otherwise pariah dogs