Tf2g - Team Fortress 2 general

last thread: >Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/RRENUArS (embed)
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz (embed)
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: trade.tf | bazaar.tf | backpack.tf | tf2outpost.com
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: trade.tf | backpack.tf
Scrapbanking: scrapbank.me | scrapwh.com | scrap.tf
Betting: saloon.tf

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ (embed) | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB (embed)
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W (embed)

List of people looking to queue up together for matchmaking:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/htmlview

Other urls found in this thread:

tf2outpost.com/user/76561198125327740
strawpoll.me/10299893
steamcommunity.com/id/shortstopbaddie
steamcommunity.com/id/PintoDog
steamcommunity.com/id/9bit
steamcommunity.com/id/ryuke
steamcommunity.com/id/matchstickman
steamcommunity.com/id/chromeisbestmetal
steamcommunity.com/id/26dollar
steamcommunity.com/id/epicgirl1998
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for HL>6s

nth for 1st not being good at video games

Not him but at least explain what you mean instead of just saying "what I like is better than what you like"

For the last fucking time this isn't funny
There is not a single funny thing about this whatsoever

I fucking suck at censoring.

:trump:

Of course you don't find that picture funny. It's a very refined, evolved form of humour that such a simple mind like yours wouldn't understand it, not even if it was explained to you.
Do not feel bad though, it's not your fault. There are many people out there like you, but please, try to refrain from being so fucking retarded in public. You're embarrassing yourself.

Hello uncle Joe

holy fuck stop sw*aring

Is there some kind of matchmaking in tf2?

Do you have a hidden elo/mmr?

I would like to remind tf2g that men taking pills in a dress IS gay

maybe

this is actually funny, you should do more shit like this rather than posting the same joke over and over again.

h*ck no

Two people find sandvitch pic funny because I did not write that

thank
i wasn't the one who posted the pic anyways

>One of the man problems is length, TF2 matches can go on for over 15 minutes.
>Whilst other competitive shooting or fighting games are like 2-4 minutes a round.
ADD.

Personally I like longer e-sports rounds.

It's reminiscent of how real life sports take literal hours for one game, not just because of match length but also because of all the timeouts and shit that occur that let players take a break and regroup which I think is missing from most present day e-sports games.

LoL is a boring no-kill farmfest so it's the exception to the rule. Dota too, where games can take literal hours with an average of 20-40 minutes (I really hate the early-gg thing that's standard practice in comp dota, worse than SC players quitting immediately if they fuck up their drone placement in the first 5 seconds. Sure part of the problem is the game's for making such a move understandable but e-sports players shouldn't just quit prematurely because they think they lost. Most real athletes don't. And no, I'm not talking about gg'ing out when the enemy is still throning, I'm talking quitting while high T3s are still up and the enemy is just having a good early game.).

I hate how most other e-sports games are just 5-10 minute games that require fast-paced action non-stop and give no breathing room to players and viewers alike. Sure non-stop fast-paced action is nice but a lot of the games don't feel like they benefit from just rushing shit non-stop, from a viewing perspective. This is also why I don't have high hopes for Overwatch e-sports, if there will be any. Games are just 3-5 minute long KotH or Payload rounds, it's not going to be fun to watch at all. Fun to play, sure, fun to watch? Nope.

Comp TF2's practices of taking a moment, backing off to regroup, etc is really nice sports-wise in my opinion. It's not just a random hodge-podge of players tagging each other non-stop, it's an obvious, organised movement between teams. That's really good to watch.

> Somebody wrote this
> Somebody read it

wew that's a lot of text

>You're embarrassing yourself.
YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO MOM

You say that csgo as an esport is sucessful because of the short rounds but then say that overwatch won't be because of the short rounds. Unless I missed your point there.
I agree with you though about how a longer more 'tactical' game is more interesting to watch, as long as it is back and forth rather than stalemates.
Although I recognise that tf2 is hardly 'tactical' compared to a lot of other games.
Go is the true #1 sport

r8

d8 me

Nanobalarotherhood.

actually
ibp shirt
hes moving to csgo

strawpoll.me/10299893

I don't actually know anything about CS:GO or its e-sports scene, which is why I only brought up mobashit and TF2+Overwatch since I know those. I never really got into CS e-sports because I thought they were boring 3-4 minute games that couldn't be viable as an e-sport. I'm clearly wrong since CS:GO is a thing but I think it's more that there's a large playerbase that likes playing CS:GO which keeps the scene going as opposed a large viewerbase that'd keep the scene going when people move to a different game. Same for Dota and LoL, really. Watching Koreans farm for 40 minutes in LoL without fighting is boring as shit, and Dota has a lot of issues with how Valve runs the scene infrastructure and how spectating is handled to be good enough in my book. That and 99% of the Dota casters are sub-4k mouthbreathing retards who treat casting as a celebrity showhost gig that has nothing to do with the game they're casting, which is also why they love to jump ship and back whenever they feel like they're not popular enough.

But back to the original point, the regrouping aspect of TF2 was probably an accidental design because of how teams usually fall back and regroup because of ubers or waiting for teammates to respawn instead of some survivor just running in solo to fail to cap a point. It's a good accident, I just wish more games had that sort of thing that lets a viewer appreciate everything that's going on the field instead of just a chaotic crapshoot of lens flares effects that you can't follow without reading the battle log (e.g. mobashit).

>OW doesnt have flametrowers
What is the point to play that game then?

>another gigglecube vac wave
L M A O

random shit thrown together

*does that*

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Mei is the Pyro class.

Complete with built-in phlog taunt.

he already has a new account
he lost nothing of value
so idk what you're celebrating about this game os still fucked

It's the same picture he posted in his blogpost from last thread.

He just wants attention, don't give him any (You)s.

hi

>Worst girl with the worst character design plays like the worst class
What a surprise.

steamcommunity.com/id/shortstopbaddie
steamcommunity.com/id/PintoDog
steamcommunity.com/id/9bit
steamcommunity.com/id/ryuke
steamcommunity.com/id/matchstickman
steamcommunity.com/id/chromeisbestmetal
OH SHIT
BTFO
ALL THOSE HATS
GONE

steamcommunity.com/id/26dollar
steamcommunity.com/id/epicgirl1998

FUCKIN VALVE!?!?! I DIDNT EVEN CHEAT IT WAS MY BROTHER!

I WAS VAC BANNED FOR NO REASON WTF VALVE

there isnt anyone with that backpack on bp.tf
who dis

imma epic

me too

Why aren't there any competitive modes based around arena?

outdated piece of shit gamemode and gay maps

I thought Byre was fun.

i thought the same thing back in 2012
i was thinking like "Wow, this looks more serious than the average pub"
but really its not that good
and that arena respawn forced meme is just fun for short bursts

Backpack.tf fucked up their SCM pricing one day, I got a couple screenshots.

If you don't like arena you're simply horrible at tf2 lol

im simple

>that joke
That's a stupid joke but it made me chuckle.

im simply EPIC

got a screenshot of your bp.tf page?

>The top 5 ranked maps in TF2 are 2fort, Dustbowl, Turbine, Gold Rush, and Hightower
I think I found out what's wrong with this game.

Can't sack the furfag

me too

i am an epic girl

Can't find it on my harddrive, so have a googlehole.

you just found out?
welcome to pub hell
theres a huge disconnect between pubs and comp considering cp_badlands and 5cp in general popularity

you arent even a furfag you pretend to be one to get replies

yes unfortunately there are a lot of people that play the game for casual fun and no more than that
which sucks desu

>I think I found out what's wrong with pubs
FTFY

I wish people would play sd_doomsday again. All the Valve servers hosting the map seem to have died all at once and nobody wants to play doomsday anymore. I don't know why, it just happened suddenly one day a few weeks back.

god daaaammmmm!!!! im to ffeakin kickitup brooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! freackin god dammmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arrrrrrrggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to the same source, Doomsday is in the top 10 of maps played now.

um

None of the LA and Virginia servers ever play it when I check. Weird.

what tf2 story arc are these spoilers for

The comic for tomorrow's update.

>implying

the mercs that gray mann hires betray him

Classic Mercs vs. TF2 mercs mode when?

Better question is why there isn't a community mod that does just that.

>grenade spam and bhopping vs tf2 mercs
classic mercs would win every time with no contest

fuck

me

me

you mistyped October

me

They're losing in the comics though, which is why they resorted to robots.

Honestly, I don't know what Valve is planning since it's been months since their last MvM update and the Invasion update already came and went so the Australium-sucking drones don't seem like they'll actually be a plot point or a new game feature.

TF2 on CS maps when? (and viceversa)

overwatch vs tf2 matches when

Well, spy is actually relevant in the comics, so we can't take that as a valid comparison.

Only because friendly fire is on so you can't just casually spycheck everyone at all times, and invis watches don't seem to actually make noise.

fuck off carlos

good post

what do you mean

Post your engineers :)

Never, and if they do, it goes into the bin with all the other things they've forgotten.
What upsets me is that we haven't received any news from the TF2 team about what's going on.
I understand that b4nny got to see what they were up to and said they were working on this and that, and that he claimed that there's like 10+ people working on it, but we haven't seen any sort of official news from them in such a long while.

It's even more frustrating because the webpage still advertises half-off Tough Break campaign passes from February, and there's been nothing stated about the progress of matchmaking or optimization.

(puke)

i believe they said the comics werent tied to any update and had nothing to do with the game, it's jsut worldbuilding

tie me to an update

the shitpost update, literally 50 messages of your massive autism and no patch notes

fuck you, muselkeksl is better

Doomsday is my #1 Demonstrations testing ground now.

>download.jpg
Ach noooo

post soldier 76 getting VAC'd

Demonstrations? What?

>Uncle Dane
>implying
prove its you