/shmupg/ - Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread:
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mushihimesama store.steampowered.com/app/377860/

Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours store.steampowered.com/app/377870/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo:
3-get.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3622

Deathsmiles store.steampowered.com/app/314180/

WOLFLAME: store.steampowered.com/app/448160

Battle Crust: store.steampowered.com/app/444710

Space Moth DX: store.steampowered.com/app/425340

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

RefRain store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

New Degica port soon(tm)

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640071250

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640592545

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637500472

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

first for speed traitors

It's kind of coincidental how like in most shmups bees are evil

bees are evil irl too

Well memed my friend among the most sacred of STG cult memes.

What about Twinbee?

Such as?

>first for speed traitors
Has Aquas been dogging your sister or something?

Dodonpachi, dodonpachi daifukkatsu, dodonpachi saidaioujou...

Why are all western players such attention whores?

Gonna need some namedrops senpai

Literally every western "top-player" does streams, has a youtube channel, posts on the farm, etc

Japanese players just go to arcades and thats it.

Japanese players have arcades to go to

Whoa, literally every western top player does community things. Savages!

If western players didn't do that they would have no one to communicate with ya fucking dunce

so what ur saying is
>western "top-players" show everyone how they practice, share their replays and share information online
>Japanese top players don't want their secrets to leave their precious arcades

this is a slight against westies how?

Why would you need someone to communicate? Are you that desperate for attention?

He says while communicating with other players in a shooting game general.

Makes thing more fun, less lonely, more motivation. Do you think the Japanese don't communicate with others?

I barely post here, dick face. This site can gladly die imo.

They do communicate in the arcades, but they don't create jewtube channels and streams just to show off.

Do everyone a favour and turn that 'barely' into 'never'.

post your scores

address this right this instant

The japanese only play in arcades to show off to their friends

That's bullshit. Any superplay will get attention anyway, no matter if the player has a youtube channel or not.
In contrary to western players, Japanese players are so good they get attention without even asking for it.

>De-rhy-us
>gray-dius

more like gaydius lmao

Da ree us

Grey dee us

Those are both supposed to be pronounced the Roman way, right? I imagine Gradius would be pronounced exactly like Gladius in Japanese though so I might be saying it wrong.

>Japanese players are so good they get attention without even asking for it.
then why do they submit their scores to magazines and have them posted on the wall of their arcades??

The need to communicate is human. Just, what the hell.

>pls notice me senpai
Are you a little girl?

... thank you for the list of evil bees in shmups.

And shmupg went full retard again, thanks. I'm out of here.

Sorry, we took /v/ calling us a hugbox too hard.

pls come back ;-;

>being this sensitive
Go and hug your touhou pillow, Jaimers.

gradius gaiden's pronounciation of it is fucking horrible
>planet GROH-DEE-YUS

If not uploading on YouTube or streaming, how are you going to share recordings of your runs? Input files and replays are not as convenient, the game may not have them, or MAME could decide to desync on you.

Japs in arcades seldom stream because they're playing on a public use cab with no access to a streaming setup. As for uploading runs, many arcades prohibit players from releasing replays and ban them for doing it.

which 2hu pillow wud u hug

>many arcades prohibit players from releasing replays and ban them for doing it.
Perhaps if you play in fucking america, but stop pulling shit out of your arse

twitch tv/matmousetwitch
twitch tv/matmouse_kp
ustream.tv/channel/taito-hey

>high-bachi

>dankdankpachi

tfw you play for 3 hours and don't even get to stage 4 once

If you go to the arcade to play you have a lot of communication there and can afford not to give a shit about much else.

This place does seem like it's getting stupider. I've been coming here less often lately, too.

Are you kidding? This isn't a matter of "ow my feelings", some idiot is essentially asking "durr why does this genre try to have a community, they're such attention whores".

Jesus. I don't expect people to get along all the time but these arguments are reaching such moronic levels that it's almost not worth sifting through anymore.

God forbid the possibility of exposing new players to shmup games, spreading interest in the genre to others, and potentially helping other shmup players learn to play better or sparking their interests in other shmups to play.

Oh wait, shmup players genuinely hate new blood because of our raging elitism and endless fanbase splits between games and/or companies. Instead of maybe trying to help new players get better, let's just chastise them for not being able to meet our standards of a "good" player and discourage them from even trying to better themselves. I'm going to cut this short before it evokes the "effort vs. talent" or whatever argument that we have every two weeks here.

I try to stay positive and help people, but sometimes I just can't help but fucking hate the shmup community and its attitude towards things.

many top japanese players have little cliques that they practice and share strategies with. they don't want other people to figure out their secrets.

a lot of great japanese players stream, upload videos and post their stuff on twitter too. that nigga in this thread is retarded.

People don't post their scores to help others, they post them to show off, shut up Casper.

What's wrong with love pillows?

They can't love you back

But your mom can

Pythagoras beg to differ.

>Pythagoras
Fuck I meant Pygmalion.

You can feel free to start addressing anything that I actually said in my post.

Pythagoras would just get two and end up with a love triangle.

I already addressed your whinings. Also, not my problem if you retards are so easily baited here.

well memed

sums up the last 2 hours of this thread desu

You didn't, but whatever. I'm done here. The sooner this line of stupidity ends, the better.

>fuck off retard
Naw, more like "abloobloo why are you so dumb, this is incredible, I can't stop whining about how fucking awful you are, abloobloobloo, REEEEEEE".

I just wanted to talk about giant robotic fish

shmup culture guys

I just played Tyrian, someone on /v/ recommended I play Raptor: Call of the Shadows. Which version is best, the 94 version or the 2015 one? What are some other good Babby's first SHMUPs?

fuck off retard

>What are some other good Babby's first SHMUPs?
Cho Ren Sha 68K gives you a lot of resources and it has a shield power-up so you have a bigger room for error.

>playing western shit
>ever
>especially in the year 2016
how could you fuck up so badly?

This is the most retarded statement I've ever seen.

>Literally every western "top-player" does streams, has a youtube channel, posts on the farm, etc
OF FUCKING COURSE THEY DO. Because if they didn't, you wouldn't be seeing them in the first place.

In other words, if there are great western players who don't make their presence known online, you wouldn't know about their existence.

meant for

>tyrian
One healthbar wasn't casual enough so we gave you two.

Sort of like Schrodingers cat?

how can great western players be real if the internet isn't real

If internet isn't real how can your post exist in the first place?

I don't know about Schrodingers cat, but my point was that you can't use something you see to prove that, that which you don't see doesn't exist.

They're simply not correlated. Things exist even when you don't see them after all. Or something like that, maybe I'm making this too complicated

wow no wonder no one comes to Veeky Forums, you guys are all fucking faggots

Sort of like how you don't know whether the cats in the box or not?

nice cartoon

We have to act that way to keep the thread alive though

I guess you can compare it that way?

This hurts my eyes more than Mecha Ritz bad ending.

Train your eyes!

pls don't leave, I like your posts.

So is the need to shitpost.

Not as particularly well versed with Western-style shmups, but Cho Ren Sha, Blue Wish Resurrection+ and Batsugun Special Version are all really good for beginners. The first two are doujin games and can be found pretty easy, Batsugun Special is an arcade game but it should be in the MAME pack in the OP.

tfw you won't be ready to do runs for at least another few months. Have to get consistent on everything first.

Excuse me, but I haven't shitposted in my entire life.

Kill yourself weeaboo.

What sort of wacko run are you going for with that, user?

Welcome to dead generals doing their best to stay afloat amidst generals that have to be remade 3-4 times a day. And besides that, all video game boards on this site are hot garbage so I don't know what you're expecting.

Sort of like Schrodingers Cat?

Dude, did you hit a time loop or something?

reminder to Grab Youre Joystick into the Ke-tsu-no-ana!!!
in 8 hours

This thread is shit, please make another one!

The thread is alive and dead at the same time like Schrodingers Cat

Is there any trick to learn to dodge in Crimzon Clover? I can't dodge for shit in this game, because the player sprite is so huge, yet the hitbox so small. I always have to keep my eyes exactly on my ship to actually see where my hitbox is, but if I do this, I can't see the bullets coming.

Fuck off back to /jp/, retard.

Also, that would pretty much show that shmupg is easily trolled into tomfoolery just by a few posts. You want to be better than the farm, don't you?

Give it 20 hours of playtime. Otherwise you may have to accept that you are talented in the negative.