/msg/ - Maplestory General

BEAN edition.
Aran and Evan revamp coming soon™.

General Info (Someone fucked with this, please assist in restoring it if you can):
docs.google.com/document/d/1T8cObkaXeOrFRfg_QhxisioyEWdNzGPqe3mUJHEgFF4

Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v171+ (Updates alongside GMS).
aries.elluel.net/

>Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 GMS-like. Dream server.
maple.ellinia.net/

>Dawnveil
4x/1x/2x v169.1 GMS-like.
dawnveil.net/

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals if you're in Windia, Pay2Win, MotherBase or LOVE in Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

leafre.net/ld.php
twitter.com/Kirishima_yui/status/735103688289574912
en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/Maple.aspx?Part=/News/Notice&mode=view&uid=6475
youtube.com/watch?v=b40QdTRaqFk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I really like Jett.
Hooray for never having to touch this shit again

Hey maples and mabinogles, sorry for not being around for quite a while, although, you haven't missed out on much new in jMS other than the server merges.

So recently, a friend from Korea had given me her sisters korean account (who is also my friend), which now has Tree of Savior, Maplestory and Mabinogi activated, and at now I'm wondering if I should join kMS or stay on jMS.

oh yeah, and I also made a dual blade

How much do you really like jett?

A whole lot.
Isn't JMS almost dead?
Also, Dual Blades rock.

>png screenshots
Kindly kill yourself.

huh?

Also, the Monster Kindergarten thing is pretty awful. It seriously took like 20 minutes and this is all I got. And enough exp for one whole level, I guess

>Isn't JMS almost dead?
Yup. Seemingly all Japanese MMO communities outside of PSO2, jRO and a few others.

I forgot to open the server channel selection, but all servers pretty much only have players on channel 2, no matter the time.

>only have players on channel 2
That's because 2chan

No its bc player shops are limited to only specific channels in the server, I think like c2, c5 and c8 or something

Well fug, I am ignorant

But that sounds kinda cool I guess

it sound dead

It sounds HIP and WITH IT

If you wanna join KMS, you'll find there's no english speaking people, at all. anywhere. Ever.

Also like I tell everyone else just make sure you can complete a good chunk of the captchas in leafre.net/ld.php

If you could learn the jap keyboard layout, you can for sure figure out the KR one. I'll be playing again after the pink bean event, I just don't want to play anymore right now. There's nothing happening, it's a really dead period, the 13th anni and the bullshit with them reusing the museum for the third time really, REALLY pissed me off.

Anyway if you do end up making, and if it's on luna i'd happily drop a couple mil for potions for you or whatever.

so pissed off at the museum I forgot to post the picture. fucking stupid lazy ass motherfuckers. "New an innovative events in an entirely new framework" MY FUCKING ASS. ITS THE SAME FUCKING SHIT THEY HAVE BEEN DOING FOR THE LAST YEAR. ID TAKE THE NEW DETECTIVES SHIT OVER THE SAME FILL 3 CATEGORY SHIT.
ID TAKE FUCKING JETT. GOD DAMN.

>If you wanna join KMS, you'll find there's no english speaking people, at all. anywhere. Ever.
I'm still up for that whole eastern nexon community thing, I wouldn't mind managing a community like that, even if it would be somewhat small and cozy. Would be especially nice if it was a way to unite japanese/koreans and english talking people, which was one of the main things I did for jRO back in 2008~

It's just that it's too hard to get into korean nexon, the only people who are on there are playing DnF, maple, or TERA, which aren't exactly very overlapping communities. Very few people play korean kartrider because chinese kartrider is way more populated, and easier to get into. Sadly it's just that no one plays anymore, not that they're not united.

finding english speaking koreans is gonna be hard. Most of them speak english but none are gonna want to be associated with a bunch of native english speakers (or rather, people who aren't native korean speakers)

Might work for nexon JP though. I just don't think it would work as a site or forum or whatever. We've had dozens of those types of sites for maple and other games and they always fail.

Have you guys tried ToS. Will I like it if I like ms

People are just putting too small amounts of games/content/activities into it.
Like for example, grabbing PSO2 into your website or forum would instantly boost your population by miles, since it is a easily accessible game to western audiences, and it's a game that actually manages to unite both eastern and western communities pretty well.
Manage to snag a group from there? Congratulations, you're setting the train to roll modu which will increasingly spread on itself, and with more help will grow big and large.

To further increase the durability of my point, the main reason my little jRO bunker grew so well was because I gave out accounts with subscriptions like hotcakes because I'd draw for jRO forums/community in exchange for subscriptions.

Also there were many discussions about podcasts in this general and I think that is always an interesting way of indirect advertisement.
Plays like a combination of MMO and Diablolike. Dying in Korea. Cute. Laggy.

Aries is NA, right?

Podcasts are something i've wanted to do ever since that guy started posting here about em, I used to play GMS with him way way WAY back in the day, then when everyone told him it was a stupid idea he just gave me a whole load of social media accounts with the LetsMaple name. So i'm just sitting on that shit if anyone ever made a maple podcast.

I loved aquaroadradio, and lord knows maple has tons of music to use for filler between various segments, it's just a matter of having a partner, or good guests.

I'm still up for listening to a podcast.
Hearing other people's voices makes me feel a lot less lonely

Make that podcast yourself
Make your dreams come true

pathetic desu senpai

I don't have the equipment. I'm on a shitty computer that can barely play maple right now, much less a decent microphone, and again, the biggest issue is having someone to bounce off of. I could easily pull people like tyler, maybe max if he'd be up to it, probably spadow, and if I did the first episode on GMS I bet I could get the CM to make a quick appearance.

Someone who still actively plays GMS would be a better partner since i'm... Not actively playing GMS.

that's my middle name~

Is the time capsule event the only one worth doing?

>maple podcast
I would cream

It could actually roll you in some dosh if you're sponsored

Do it manji

Nah its not about money. At most i'd like to do nx giveaways to get more viewers.

Pretty much.

wtf? i all i do is hene hoe the hell went wrong

Sold shit to bots/bought from bots/leeched.

>nx giveaways
Great idea!
And sorry I didn't mean to word what I said like that, I meant you could possibly make some dosh so you wouldn't have to pay for stuff out of your pocket*

but i dont even use/have meso and i haven't trained in 2 years

Can you repostion your egg? I regret puttingit at gollux since I'm too lazy to actually run it every day

Yeah, like I said I would be willing to bet tyler would offer some space on his website if I greased the wheels with something he may want (like exposure for whatever shit he's making now after mapling club) and a spot on the show for a segment or whatever.
I'd still like to do it just to continue the spirit of aqua road radio. I don't have the experience to make it super high quality, it'd probably just be talking into a microphone, with another person preferably, about maple updates and events, and some maple music in the background.

File a ticket, maybe it was an accident? They're on top of tickets as of recently

This kind of bullshit is always annoying as hell.

Game filled with bots, Nexon actively tries to reduce bot by putting thousands of annoying restrictions. Actively banning innocent player, disabling skill spamming, forces auto dc, implementing an autoban that will ban the shit out of you for no good reason. The cherry on top is the game is still filled with bots either way.

So, I got banned for joking in Hene last night

fucking lel.
that's what you get for socializing and not buying mesos to fuel nexon NA's coffers.

more like nexon NA's coffins eyyoo

combine these two and make it happen nerds
I'll throw in 20 bux if you chuckleheads manage to even combine it into something that seems decent.

They really need like 1 or 2 people to have invisible characters run around maps. They can ban so many hackers easily that way

Bots have GM detection.

>binotii
jesus christ they're not even trying to hide the CS is outsourced to india, are they?

How is Ellinia #2?

How is Dawnveil still not released to the public, let alone have a public beta?

I left like 3 months ago to see that the Dev side of the maplestory community is still as stupid as ever, Anima is even trying to make Ellinia up to date and hire more staff for his server to run longer.

Are you fucking serious?

Making it into a forum with a podcast is that it will turn into a maple only thing. like that tria tv shit. It was supposed to just be maple 2. And then nobody used it so they made it any korean games, but everyone associated it with maple.

Like when southperry tried to branch out into data extractions for other nexon games.

A podcast is one thing, a foreign games community is another (it would basically be onrpg's foreign games section though). they're not really related, and to try and force it to be related is just a bad idea. Separately they could be fine, even though I dislike the whole community idea because of previous experiences with it, it could still work.

Anyone interested in nexon's riders of icarus?

Nah, looks like a generic MMO. The flight looks cool but much like Aion I expect it'll just be a gimmick and not ever actually used in core gameplay.

I still say atlantica online is one of the best MMOs ever made. Unique gameplay, simple enough anyone can get into it, allows for great customization, also has minmaxing if you want it, and the economy manipulation, holy shit it's incredible.

Too bad the main dev staff got forced to work on legion of heroes, the mobile game. It's pretty much just atlantica online gameplay. Which I guess is cool. Shame about all the p2w though.

Comfy game, pretty good, however has some annoying issues (most due to IMC being far from competent)

Try it out, play if you like it.

>stupid discord shit
please
stop.

i never said that what the heck

STOP IT VUVUZUELA

STOP THESE EDITS IMMEDIATELY

Did you remember to get your buffs today, /msg/?

twitter.com/Kirishima_yui/status/735103688289574912

>two maple warriors

Second one is Nova Warrior.

>stupid
Have you even been in the discord? It's much more LIT than the thread.

is it worth leveling a evan thats starting the 10th growth stage even though the revamp is coming soon?

I mean, why wouldn't there be a reason to be?

You might miss out on the goodies they give when the revamp comes and the evan leveling event happens

How does I get rid of these black-hearted earrings ?

Henesys Clothes Collector

en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/Maple.aspx?Part=/News/Notice&mode=view&uid=6475
>Reboot World will not be coming to MapleStory Europe
>we will update at a faster pace to catch up to other MapleStory regions
>[...] new blockbusters and much more will be coming to MapleStory Europe this summer
Everything is going great so far.

Interesting.
Wonder why they're not getting reboot.

EMS most populated server (out of two) is already dying, reboot would just outright kill it.

Just been logging on to try collecting saint weapons for future characters

How easy is it to reach damage cap in reboot?
How easy is it to reach damage cap in a normal server without nx?

Someone throw me a (you)

(you)

It's easier to reach 2m2m in Reboot afaik, but holy shit is farming mesos boring

Really just wanted to give you a (You) desu ne

:^)

Thanks for the (you) senpai, grinding mesos sounds kinda boring too I guess, especially when I dislike grinding repeatedly

damage cap is a very long-term goal either way, in reboot because there's fewer ways to increase damage and in normal servers because shit's expensive if you're going f2p
its a toss-up which is more difficult, just go with which flavor of grinding you like more desu

>tfw 19.6b
>tfw top 3 dojo
>tfw can solo almost everything
this one post is dedicated to oso i know ur following me and i did all this without spending a single peso

I've gone through about 10 characters going through all of the victoria island portals to try and get a saint weapon for the class I want to make..

u can grind mobs around ur lvl and portals spawn that give u 2 items it takes less then 1 minute to get to the chest
u dont even have to grind u can go to drakes or some shit map with people and enter the portals there

Reaching visual range cap(2m~2m) is easier in reboot
Reaching actual cap is straight up impossible for like 75% of classes in reboot

>mfw patiently waiting for dawnveil

Elyi sleeps during the day!

Is Maplestory 2 out for NA yet?

It's almost dead in Korea, user.
It's never going to come.

Maybe I should come to mybckn and kick you out of 3rd :^)

DELETE THIS

I posted this last thread and was unable to get (you)'s.

Does diligence affect gollux scrolls? What about spell trace fever?

I've read people on basil saying it does but there's no real "proof"

can't provide proof, but it definitely seems to affect traces, since I've never failed the 95% since getting diligence
It probably affects gollux scrolls but, again, no real way to prove it

Cool I was debating on whether to save up all my scrolls one by one or use them whenever I get them. I'll wait till I max diligence first then. I'm still missing about 17 scrolls anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=b40QdTRaqFk

u dont stand a chance

night all

night shag

>tfw 100% meso potential gear

i love big sacks of
mesos

Okay so guys if we're gonna do this podcast, what's it gonna be about.

My peenis weenus :D

>1.1 - 1.39 clean

starting new on openmaple v62

whos in