pastebin.com/SuXCN3pf
Other useful resources
pastebin.com/TyAHmtW4

[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast (Updated every other Wednesday):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!

Done with their part:
- RPG Maker Maker !!nHmJbtdk7T2
- Cortop !QqL8nX9URE
- Duwang !yP15zzo8dA
- MEands !!sbyw5zs4GtT
- Alexander Guy !swIUti/LTA
- salt !AOUYhrDYgU
- Double user !WAnon.pOpQ
- Crunch !I1tYcLS8Ts
- Comp !MEJ8qE/3h
- Silent Maid !ztOzYBnEEw
- Joakim Morgen !!4elh6dhvavq
- W.T.Dinner !LTqeha3bQk
- Firgof !aFqhsxkECQ

Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM

Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/karbonic-1/lost-love
yanfly.moe/2015/10/11/yep-4-action-sequence-pack-1/
yanfly.moe/2015/10/12/yep-5-action-sequence-pack-2/
yanfly.moe/2015/10/12/yep-6-action-sequence-pack-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=RylK78Bvpxo
youtube.com/watch?v=lcCYhDu4_ZY&list=PL843A1A0861E0AA1D
rpgmaps.profantasy.com/?p=2017/
soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/battle-against-a-mighty-foe-fantay
soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/desolate-dunes-futur3
clyp.it/z4hgmx4r
soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/its-a-new-day
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Japan has some great box art, why are some Western versions so shitty?

...as compared to:

Shitty marketers and possibly shitty focus testing groups; the two responsible for making everything shit in the west.

And this one...

... compared to this shoddy version ;_;

Indeed. Something to remember while marketing and testing your own games.

Which brings me to: what are you guys going to do for your own box art, or for lack of any physical copies: digital download storefront art?

Hire an artist?
Are you an artist yourself?
Do it yourself through 500 hours of photoshopping something to hell?
Just take an expressive screenshot, pretty it up a bit, and be done with it?

Eh, I'm probably going to draw something, since I feel I have that ability.

Sure, I'll roll something.

Hey /rpgmg/ I need help. Can anyone guide me on how to rearrange the sideview battlers like in this one?

Rollan

I agree that redrawing covers and box art bugs me- but that horse/cow guy's head in this one is the size of his finger.

And I would totally play if it was it's own, different game.

Still- we've gotten a little better. Still plenty of angry-eyebrow Kirbys though.

That one is better than the Japanese version
It's not great, but it's preferable to just having the characters standing next to eachother.

Some of the bad box art is hilarious in hindsight, at least. But it seems rare for westernization to come across as anything other than stupid and insulting at the time, at least to me. It's a shame it still goes on in some form or other.

Admittedly it didn't bother me much back in the day, when I never knew about changes until well after the fact. Still.

>Which brings me to: what are you guys going to do for your own box art, or for lack of any physical copies: digital download storefront art?
I couldn't art if my life depended on it, so...

I'd probably have to make due with screenshots. If I actually had money, I'd definitely hire an artist. Probably get them to make some character portraits too.

Ideally I'd git gud and do it myself, but that seems like an impossible dream. Then again, so does finishing a game.

Woa
Bump

Eh, I post here enough I might as well namefag.

I'm gonna do my own art but I'm not sure what I should do with my gay rpg/dating game. Probably just something with all the characters fighting a dragon or something.
>Pictured here: Current title image.

What version? If it is Ace, you can do it with a Script. If it is MV, you will need to code it yourself. At least until somebody makes a plug-in.

Where do the characters heal? If it is an Onsen or Pub, I think you should show them hanging out there and just having fun.

Also, you probably need to fix the logo too. It doesn't say Yaoi Dating Sim at all.

The characters heal at Inns and Campsites- in fact a majority of the dating sim scenes happen at the latter.
Hilariously, I do have a wallpaper for that I made for getting a lot of followers that fits what your describing.
>With a better variation of the title.

Nice. That title looks much better. You can feel some passion in it, unlike the other one.

Something I see missing however is interaction between characters, and between characters and the environment. Four of the guys are just there, when they could be sharing food or checking out an item/map. Somebody could also be looking at that wolf in the background, or looking into the moon/stars.

Gotcha. I'll probably change the angle since you only see the faces of characters acquired later in game. Thanks.

MV but its like i dont know how mv calculates their position

Use Yanfly Row plugin. Make a front (left) row and back (right) row, defining the custom x and y properly on the plugin parameters.
Just mirror the sv_battler for the left row.

Here's a brand new song:
soundcloud.com/karbonic-1/lost-love
Tell me what you guys think.

Wouldnt that show up a row command in battle and affect stats?

It only show a row command if you allow it and only affect stats if you make it affect.

I like it, feels somehow like a song for a somewhat sad ending but it ends really sudden.

I'm no music buff, but the atmosphere makes it sound a little creepy or sad to me. If it's what your going for, excellent.

If it's background music, I'll definitely notice the cute mallet (?) in the background looping, perhaps let the drum bit play a section without the mallets? -but if it's for a scene it's probably safe.

How do I learn to be good at something?

Practice it every day.

I practise life every day but I still suck at it.

Sounds like a quitter attitude. We don't raise quitters here at /rpgmg/.
Guess what? Your still better then some jackasses who already failed, who quit. Now make a game better than them. Get that dev blog going and put the pedal to the metal.

bumo

Yikes.

Luckily. I probably won't even use the slime-riding image. Since I decided full body images will only go in the background of the character's status.

I'll have to put some good shading and highlights in the hair and heads, though, since those will be showing up in all the dialogues.

I've listened to the song at least a dozen times now.

General impression:
It's great!
Slow, atmospheric, moody, love it.
Nice choice of instruments, too, they really fit together well.
The layering as well, that's always something I appreciate in songs, being able to focus on one instrument and hear a different nuance of that song, and this one does it nicely!

Personal nit-picky stuff:
I'm somewhat divided about the drums. You kinda expect them to come in a little earlier, maybe on the loop before.
Also, I feel like they're too quiet. I'm sure that's exactly what you're going for, have them in the background to enhance, not to steal the show. But it kind of feels like they should be a little louder, and I wish I could explain why or how.

(Not a professional in any way, I just like music.)

post progress, my fellow devs

Oh, thanks!
I'll definitely take your criticisms into
account. The drums sound a bit weird to me
as well, so I may change them up a bit.

I decided to make unique icons for every skill in the game.

Very tedious, but it'll be nice to have when it's done.

Just finished brushing up stats for the Arena sidequest. All that remains is testing, brushing up, and then drawing sprites for that.

HOW DO I PUT THE ACTORS ON THE LEFT AND THE ENEMIES ON THE RIGHT IN THE BATTLE VIEW I HATE THIS FF SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Working on converting the basescripts to Coffeescript. Not sure it's the best idea, but I think it'd be good for this guide to the base scripts I'm writing.

If you're the same guy that asked 2 threads ago, I already answered you.
>You can do most of this with yanfly's battle core (rearrange the SV actor's x coordinate) and an image editing program (flipping the SV actor images so they're facing right), but there's still the problem of when the actors move forward to take their actions.
which is solved by:
yanfly.moe/2015/10/11/yep-4-action-sequence-pack-1/
yanfly.moe/2015/10/12/yep-5-action-sequence-pack-2/
yanfly.moe/2015/10/12/yep-6-action-sequence-pack-3/

I don't know a simpler way to do it. You'll have to beg some scripters, I guess?

I want plug and play, I aint dealing with all that

Then you're either going to have to pay someone to do it, hope someone who wants the same thing does so and makes it public, or stop being a belligerent child and get your hands dirty.

I want a horse

Why don't you try changing the scripts to reverse them?

If you are that lazy you don't deserve any help

>Wanting to make a game.
>Not willing to put in some of their own effort to get to that end.

You should be glad some programmer folks already did like 70-90% of the work for you with their plugins.

yeah seriously. i bet user is an ideas guy

Remember to have fun Anons

What are you listening to Anons?

youtube.com/watch?v=RylK78Bvpxo

Neighbors fighting.

bumpan

I'm starting a new project. Help me do a coinflip on what to do.
>Sketch a character.
>Draft a BGM.
>Database work.

Head
Does this help?

look at things you find good
and mix them together

Question, are the codes in the OP for Luna Engine? If so what is the best way to figure out this shit. I got it in a bundle and it looks like it will help make the game less like rpgmaker-y looking.

May as well.

If I'm not wrong, you can alter the direction they step in the Battle Engine Core itself by making the 48 to -48.

Yanfly easily did more than 90% of the plugins I use in my game. Having access to that much versatility and still being lazy is no excuse either.

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=lcCYhDu4_ZY&list=PL843A1A0861E0AA1D

what am i missing? what should i add?

You are missing rivers

i am really terrible at rivers, anyone want to help me with that?

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS

That has potential to be pretty cute. Keep it up, user

rpgmaps.profantasy.com/?p=2017/

That's pretty funking neato. Very much felt Earthboundy to me, in a good way! The ending is a bit abrupt but that's easily fixed by a fadeout or something. You been at the music thing long? Because you got skills.

I have some tunes I'm working on as well.

soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/battle-against-a-mighty-foe-fantay

I have another one almost done, may post it in a bit once I upload it.

Thanks, I haven't been working with music very long, just half a year or so. The reason it's a bit abrupt is so it can act as a loop in game. The soundtrack version could have a little bit of a fade out though.

I like your song, it's pretty cool. Although one thing I will say is that I think the driving drums make the song
sound a lot more silly than I think you intended.
Those drums make it more fitting to an overweight character's theme than an epic battle with a huge creature.

Maybe replace the drums with more tribal fast
driving drums? I dunno, just a thought.

how's this?

Thanks dude. It's a little of both, the theme is meant for a battle against a Xbox hueg Knight, one of the first bosses of the game. He's very strong, but dimwitted, and the party has to use this facet to beat him, since they will be too weak at the time to take him in a straight fight. He may or not become a recurring boss, haven't decided yet. I liked your fat guy theme too, hope he gets all the burgers lol.

Also, new one's done son.

soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/desolate-dunes-futur3

do u guys like this one so far
clyp.it/z4hgmx4r

Also the tribal drums would be good idea, if I could find them. There's like a gorillan different drums to pick from and I'm too much of a fool to know what's what half the time. Wish FL was a bit better organized, I love it but some customization would be nice. Keep all the drums in one folder or something. I may flesh that one out a bit more and I'll try it with the other drums if I happen upon them.

It's bretty chill. I like the random chatter in the background, and it's ambient which I usually am a big fan of. Past the 2/3 mark it got a bit strange but overall it's good I think. Nice work.

it isn't that kind of fat man
Sounds pretty gud. Work on the mixing, some parts overpower others in ways that aren't optimal.

Oh. Well don't I look the fool lol. Makes more sense now that I think about it.

You just ms painted over a donjon world generation

Is everyone making creepy/spooky/downbeat games?

The piano and ahhs created a very nice sound. One of my favorites I've heard from rpgmg.

I know it'd sound much more boring/static if you removed the stuff like 2:35 and 2:50 onward's vocals, but I really wasn't feeling them.

Really good sound overall and the marimba/vibe melody's cute.

Before you export stuff, compare it to another song on your speakers. I think you'd have noticed that the overall mix volume was way off if you had.

I also agree that the drums being too much in the background because of the low volume and excessive reverb. Just making an assumption, but I'm guessing this happened because you felt the drums changed the overall sound too much. I think it's a result of not really having any kind of 'bass' in the song to accompany the kick and snare. So when you put them in there, they were REALLY noticeable.

The SOTC image helps give me an idea of the sound you're going for. I like that it's different from what you usually write. It's missing a lot of embellishment to the drums. You'll notice it's really static throughout the song.

I think you had the opposite issue with the main choir, where they felt like they always cut abruptly. They felt like they had no reverb to them, and the programming exacerbates it.

Also, a question to all of you.. do you guys ever practice writing generic cute songs or very melodic songs?
I think it'd help with your overall writing even if you won't be using them in your projects.

anyway.. i hope i make actual progress tomorrow.

God I am rusted to fuck.

How cautiously untrustworthy does she look?

Newbie to RPGM2003 here. What's the Physical and Magical Rate nonsense mean?

She is cute
Cute!

Didn't feel like going down the creepy/spooky route, so I'm going for more of a traditional RPG.

i did
is it that bad ;__;

>It's missing a lot of embellishment to the drums. You'll notice it's really static throughout the song.

I did notice, but I was having a difficult time deciding what would be the best accompaniment to enhance them, so I went without for the time being. I think its one I'll come back to when I've got more experience under my belt. I wanted to throw in some trumpets and sharp violins but I have no clue what ones would be best. Kinda feeling it out as I go along.

>They felt like they had no reverb to them, and the programming exacerbates it.

What do you mean? Like no echo?

>do you guys ever practice writing generic cute songs or very melodic songs?

I do actually, what I crank out tends to reflect whatever mood I'm usually feeling at the time. Even if I won't end up using it, practice is practice.

soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/its-a-new-day

It's crappy, but it fits the bill lol.

>Is everyone making creepy/spooky/downbeat games?

Nah, mine will have some creepy bits, but that won't be the focus, downbeat ambient stuff is just in my wheelhouse I guess, I've always liked it. I plan to diversify the soundtrack quite a bit, its one of my goals.

My game might not end up being the greatest thing ever made, but it WILL have a fucking dope OST.

>Make an arc in the store revolving around a succubus and siren lesbian couple

Is that a little too fetish-y?

If you're worried about welcoming people into your magical realm, my advice would be to make it a sidequest or sidestory instead.
Being a massive yurifag, I'd totally be up for it though.

Is it a succubus (male)?

Just kidding, it's totally fine. Do what you want user

Doesn't sound too ~Magical Realm~ for me.
But then again I'm a horrendous pervert.

Depends on the writing. But I think it'd have to be pretty good to not be groan inducing.

Thanks user, I'll try it out!

The idea is that the Succubus and Siren team up, one helping the other lure men (one taking care of sea, the other taking care of land) and they eventually build up an affection with one another.

Das cute, mang.

Attempting different style and techniques is suffering. Halp.

I have no idea if this is a style with a formal name, but if there's a better way to do this, I'm open to suggestions.

Does this map look OK so far lads?

>Diagonal walls and benches
What sorcery is this?
the lower right bench is missing a tile. the map looks suspiciously empty. the shadows also look really odd. i'd reccomend doing manual shadows instead of using the shadow pen.

bump

one more!

I wanted to ask for an opinion on map design.
Is it better to close off all of the open edges of a map, so that the player just doesn't run into empty spaces, like in the right side of the screenshot, or is it fine to leave the edges open and just lay out a path indicating where the player can travel from one location to another, like on the left side of the image?

Left side looks like a better map. However, open edges of the map are very annoying without any sort of obstacles. I'd rather they ended with impassable background objects rather than nothing at all.