Quitting a stable job to get ahead. One step backward, two steps forward?

i had Veeky Forums, i dont need /adv/. too many kids in adv. please respond.

>be 28
>be obese kv
>want to turn life around
>have incredibly boring, stable job pays 30000
>cant even improve life at work because all ppl i work with are middle aged women with kids and im the youngest
>want to improve life, lose weight get into hobbies
>stupid boring job leaves me super drained and i have no motivation to do ANYTHING, believe me I've tried
>i have 20k in the bank and can probably last 6 months on this easily in order to pay bills

what do i do? i just dont have the motivation, the drive when i get home from work. i speak with toxic people. fat white women. already old people. i cant make friends at work. i have no friends and speak to no one my age.

but the stability is amazing. i could literally be there my whole life. i make about 30k and do almost nothing but browse Veeky Forums all day.

thing is, its a random job i found from craigslist and there probably wont be anything else like this, as im a lib arts major and have no real skills. but i want to start my life over, and i cant start working somewhere else as a fat fuck with no confidence, i need to at least be presentable. but i wont get that way at the rate i'm going.

thoughts?

>i make about 30k and do almost nothing but browse Veeky Forums all day.

If that's really true, then there shouldn't be too much of a problem with you studying during the day to acquire a skill set that can get you into a different career.

Does your job offer any sort of tuition reimbursement? Use that to take classes at the local college. You might even be able to use that to miss out a day or two every now and then for class (exams or whatever.)

Barring that, take evening courses and study or do homework during the day. If you're really doing nothing at work, you ought to be able to do very nearly a full course load every semester.

If you're working at a place where there is flexible time, you can arrive much earlier or much later such that there will be two or so hours every day where you don't have to interact with coworkers.

Just out of curiosity: Do you work in a government job?

Quit asking for what to do and starting taking the steps yourself. You already know what you want so set some goals to get their faggot. You aren't alive to fail

I was in the same boat not too long ago. No degree, same job from 19-25, making 50k a year but if I did it until I retired I could make 100k max if I was really lucky. The job sucked and I felt drained every night after it. Finally decided to put myself in a position to be employed in a field with more upside. Studied for 4 months and got my CCNA with no background in IT and no degree or anything. Got a job as a network engineer making less, but at least it's work experience on the resume and I genuinely enjoy what I do today more than what I used to do. I also go to the gym 4-5 times a week now and I'm loving it. I'm a skelton, but getting bigger and gaining confidence.

gl hf bro you'll make it if you work at it.

im a janitor

OP. I just quit my job with nothing lined up. Saved up 30k. I made 90k/year and need to just let go and find myself. Fucking do it. You won't regret it.

Where do you live that 20k only lasts six months? Is your rent $2.5k+?

fuck man why don't you bare your soul anonymously online

I hope it helped

Either this isn't op or op is a lying fag

you aren't alive to succeed, either.

See a doctor; get treated for depression. Then see a gastric surgeon. Get lap band or sleeve. Lose hundreds of pounds of weight paid for by your insurance. Your diabetes will go away and you'll feel like a superhero.

Life will be good then. It's all up to you.

I will say having a job you hate is extremely bad for your mental health. Instead of dropping your job and living on savings to find something better, look for a job that looks like it will be good enough to allow yourself to have enough mental energy to improve something.

I was going through the same thing - 750 dollars a week, very board all day long. Annoying Co-workers and a boos I could not understand. This happened and I probably wouldn't be here right now if I hadnt quit. Life's not too bad now, got into investing and still work at a quite boring Job at a sales company that isn't as boring

You buy TrumpCoin, enough to be happy selling at a minimum of $4 then come September thank the chinks for giving you the opportunity to retrain for a new career with your pile of cash.

This. Use the time at your disposal, the whole depression thing is a vicious cycle. You can break it in more ways than simply quitting. In fact, if you quit with nothing to replace what you left behind you run a high risk of getting lost and winding up right back where you started.

Use your spare time at work for research and learning. Force yourself to lose weight by eating less and going to a gym, do not make excuses. Set small goals for yourself you can achieve on a weekly basis, once you accomplish them the feeling will push you forward to more.

Blaming your surroundings for your misery is the very character flaw you must overcome. Changing your surroundings only avoids and validates it. It starts with you, you are in control of yourself. Start small, start NOW.

kind of similar position im hoping to get some advice on... i currently make 60k at a boring dead-end but stable job, though not in my field. ill be moving closer to NYC and was hoping to have another job lined up by now, but I dont and now it looks like ill be having to commute 3.5 hours roundtrip every day if i want to stay employed.

im interested in film/photography and have a degree with it but wasted my time in college and didnt build a portfolio. but im working for a large camera company that offers generous tuition reimbursement. after reading these good suggestions
would it be doable to convince my boss to let me work remotely a day or even two days a week on the knowledge that I'd be using my time to take classes at a local college while keeping myself available for projects? or is this a laughable argument?

or to finish my thoughts... would I have any chance of working freelance in NYC as a photographer/film PA? might be better off doing that then trying to kill myself with the commute.

>i just dont have the motivation, the drive when i get home from work

>do almost nothing but browse Veeky Forums all day

LMAO at your life

No one is going to get motivated for you...

Of course that's not a laughable argument. It becomes laughable if you think your employer gives a shit about your life's problems though, he's not your friend or parent.

If you can do the job nearly or just as well working from home then this is your argument. If the shorter commute is worth working unpaid overtime from home then this is your argument. As long as your employer doesn't suffer any real downsides you should be able to expect him to play ball.

If you intend to use the time to educate yourself then be sure to emphasize how this benefits him. Better knowledge = better employee, etc. Also great for him to be able to claim people have personal growth opportunities etc.

Just put yourself in his shoes and ask if you would say yes. Chances are you wouldn't say yes to your own whiny story about needing him to suffer at the hands of your attempts at correcting your own stupid decisions. But would you say yes to a hard working employee doing the same good job from home while studying to become an even more valuable employee?

>Chances are you wouldn't say yes to your own whiny story about needing him to suffer at the hands of your attempts at correcting your own stupid decisions

this is all realy good advice. thanks! ill be working out how best to approach a negotiation to work a day or even two days a week from home. my job is primarily video editing and doesnt really require me to be in the office to get anything done anyway.

>old fat white women

MUH DIQK

Add little by little to your routine per day. First start eating and lifting/exercises. Then limit Veeky Forums to 1 hour a day. Then start studying at least 1 hour a day.

Just keep adding on a new thing every week, and your life will be better. I've done the same and even though I haven't kept up, at least I'm reading and lifting almost daily and don't play league of legends 5-10 hours a day.