/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Specialized planets edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed)

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9 (embed)

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
[YouTube] CIVILIZATION VI Official Announcement Trailer (embed)

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yOc-gJ7bE-4
moddb.com/mods/split-human-races
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>murderfuck the shit out of fanatically xenophobic FE
>purge them all save one pop
>resettle them to a core world
>once it starts spawning another pop (with my native ethos) purge them too
>relegate the child pop to manning a xeno zoo
r8 my edge

bonus points if you make it live among repugnant aliens

3rd for S I N G L E T H R E A D E D

any new pics of civ6?

I made sure to refresh catalog just before submitting this one to make sure another wasn't already up.

Again asking cause other thread died:

I just conquered three planets that the AI colonized with only one droid each one. What's the best strategy to colonize them? I can't resettle pops yet (i need five pops for that), and i really don't want to produce more robots/droids. Some guys told me about internal migration but i have never seen that before, probably because i have a migration prohibition?

Halp

it's a reference to stellaris being an x86 application that only uses a single processor core, not duplicates

You don't have five pops and conquered 3 planets?

Fuck titanic life.
I tried to research them but they took over my planet AND my maxed out space port which got destroyed by my idle fleet.

sure, buddy

oh.
of course.

I just love these crops mang

How do you even manage that

Still though, why not put the whites mod in the OP?

well obviously if you don't allow migration you can't do anything

one possibility is to disassemble the robots, which should make it go neutral and sending a colony ship with people on it this time

in endless space you could use colony ships to add population to existing planets I don't know if that's possible in stellaris, would be nice if it was

I'm also not

Why are there two threads?

Reminder that paradox cannot into math and extra events for crises can't happen because they forgot how percentages work.

playable robots just changes portraits or has gameplay differences too?

>Tfw phisycally hard for me to pick race traits like militarist, collectivist, xenophone and materialist because they are different from my own morals, also picking disgusting-looking races like basically all mushroom ayyliens
How do I stop being a pussy lads?

Goddamnit I need to stop reading event-related posts, I keep spoilering events and later on I already know what will happen
Are there other outcomes to colonizing a titanic life planets? So maybe I am not spoilered 100% on this

It gives you an option at the start of a new game for your race to be organic or be synthetic. When you select Synthetic it adds some unique stuff and causes robot techs to upgrade your people

Is this event still broken? Last time I got it, non of my population actually became fanatic spiritualist and collectivist.

>Are there other outcomes to colonizing a titanic life planets?
Yes

yeah this thread is really sucking the life out of the game by spoiling everything for me

what's the blorg mod for?

Adds the blorg race to your game

What can I do to make it so I can build more than one of a single building in a spaceport?

explain

Who /guides/ here for stellaris. I fucking cannot win anything without fanatic militarism. Trying to do a colonial peace victory but shit's looking impossihard. What do?

>Technology cost is now increased both by number of planets owned and size of population
Why. I never understood this. Why should your technology be crippled by being larger? If anything being larger should make your tech grow faster since you'll have a larger pool of scientists.

Yeah i'm scared of destroying the colony, probably my neighbours frontiers will grown and steal me some territory.

because -I assume- it involves applying the technolgy over the worlds and population you control too.
The more you control..

I pretty much only built minerals and energy stations and I still had amazing science. I'm not opposed to this, it will force you to make a conscious choice in how you want your empire to grow.

Ye it is.

>How do I stop being a pussy lads?
Just play whatever you find fun. My first race was militarist/spiritualist/xenophobe (Aliens, not Imperium of Man), and I played until I was the dominant force in the universe. I started 4 other games after that with various ethos and never really made it to 50 years because I got annoyed at their limitations, so I made a new militarist/spiritualist/collectivist and I've been enjoying the hell out of it again.

You just gotta play what you enjoy. Everyone doesn't enjoy every playstyle.

>Play style

Name me a playstyle that isn't

>Invade>White Peace>Build up forces>Invade

If you have the scourge, the game was supposed to spawn a neutral empire made of the galaxy's survivors dedicated to murdering the scourge. They also have a couple of unique ships.
The unbidden were supposed to spawn another portal of different unbidden that fought both you and the original unbidden. If they met and fought, then after 40 years a third portal of more unbidden also hostile to everything.
This cannot happen. The trigger was supposed to be the crisis controlling 20% of the galaxy, and they put 20 as a threshold for triggering the event. Except 1 = 100%, so they need to control 2000% of the galaxy for the event to trigger.

Space NATO

who /fungoid/ here

You aren't making this shit up are you ?

Honestly at this stage you kind of have to make your own fun. Break up larger empires and see what happens, defend races you take a shine to and try to help them thrive against their neighbors, elevate new races and see how they fare on the galactic stage. I've basically ended up playing the game like it's the Spore space stage instead of a 4x.

>click retreat
>doesnt retreat

I'm not approaching this from a 'it forces you to make decisions!' perspective. I'm asking you from a logic perspective.

That shouldn't be the same as research, that should be an added cost of tech spread or something.

can't you just alter the config files and change the threshold \

Look for yourself. Stellaris/events, open crisis_event_1 and 2. Search for # Sentinels in event 1 and ### Second Portal in 2.
Both have the line
Trigger =
Galaxy percentage >20
Fire the event via console and it will happen. It will also tell you that you're not race: swarm/unbidden and that you control 0.xx of the galaxy and you need 20. 0.xx is the fraction you're currently controlling.

Name ideas for robot empire?

Don't have an answer for you there

game play > realism

Always felt that gameplay should at least result from believable logic, myself. I think punishing people for having large empires isn't really fair, especially not to militarists. what are they supposed to be now? Big fat targets?

Yes, you just need to put 0.20 instead of 20. It's probably among the crises fixes slated for Clarke.
Assuming they're not entirely retarded and they also noticed.

Motherboard of terrestrial circuitry

Adeptus Mechanicus

lets wait until we see it in practice before while complain about punishing large empires. I'm not opposed to war like nations having a focus on economy while pacifist lean towards tech

Confederacy of Independent Systems

Techno-Union

That's not a robot empire tho
just some fanatic materialists with a robot army

01000001 01100100 01100101 01110000 01110100 01110101 01110011 00100000 01001101 01100101 01100011 01101000 01100001 01101110 01101001 01100011 01110101 01110011 00001010

Machine Epsilon

ding ding ding

youtube.com/watch?v=yOc-gJ7bE-4

Unflinching Paradigm.
Go full Gunstar Autochtonia.

>ring galaxy
>immediately start exploring and claiming my territory
>find an isolationist Fallen Empire on one side
>find a xenophilic fellow materialist on the other side
>mfw safe and cozy start

How cozy is your current game, /civ4xg/?

Tech trumps all in this kind of game and you know it. Especially in Stellaris when so many interesting things like uplifting and gene tailoring are locked behind long and randomized tech trees.

Where can I download the other human portraits? I have the ''''''''white'''''''' assets from the european pack, but I want the other races too and I don't want to download the whole game just for them.

Are you a professional memer?

You just play the game instead of being autistic

somebody probably reported it to them, probably after doing the thing you did to find out about it

There are mods on Steam for every race but whites that Paradox won't touch.

You mean like this, you shitlord?
moddb.com/mods/split-human-races

You'll have to edit the files a bit.

That sounds about right.
Its the same about sensor/accuracy bug(anything that give accuracy bonus actually multiply it, so supposedly 2% accuracy actually increase accuracy 200%) and probably why Evasion Corvette is so OP.
Paracucks.

How do you install the robot mod?
I managed fine with 40k mod, just extracted it in my Documents/../Stellaris/mod, doesn't seem to work for playablerobots. Is this how it's supposed to be installed, or am I missing something?

Running Stellaris on a dual core i5 at 2.53 GHz and getting really shitty lag at the stage in the game where doomstacks are about 20k. For instance, instead of going in a straight line in one fluid motion, torpedoes go a little bit, stop and swirl in the air, go a bit, swirl, go a bit, swirl, etc.

Should this be happening?

proofs?

Evasion corvetes would be more OP without the bug as even battleships can get 40% accuracy against corvetes instead of the 10% they should.

That being said evasion also is just accuracy-evasion instead of accuracy*evasion

But if corvettes are so OP why do I lose mostly corvettes in a fight ?
I give them the best possible engines and stuff and I always pick an evasion based admiral.

Its a known issue, current fix is to play on a smaller galaxy

Yes that's suppose to happen. This is the first Clausewitz game that's needed to render and calculates so many objects at once, so it kind of shits the bed. Generally if you want to improve performance in the late game you should play on a smaller map so that the game has less to calculate.

AI pathdinding shitting itself, normal for me if a big blob has wormholes.
Also the disconnect between graphics and gameplay is """normal""" as they run on separate threads.

That was the first thing I tried but it only has the data files. The WHITE mod included the graphic files too for some reason.

>but whites that Paradox won't touch.

Actually, Paradox was fine with the mod. It's when the modder started using the fucking Steam Workshop as his political soapbox that Paradox had enough of it.

That's what their defense force is saying, yes. There are reups of white-only mods, let's see if they get taken down and you can eat crow.

You need defensive control scheme, and fleet academy and Pitharan Refinery

Not very because I'm too greedy

see

Oh boy, Bravo Paradox.

Zero One
Exterminate all organics

Something I've had some success with it is to edit the economy, boosting costs and slashing income. Blobbing isn't as bad and performance is better.

Would you expect anything less. CK2 and EU4 were also shit shows at launch, and I expect HoI4 will be as well.

>It's when the modder started using the fucking Steam Workshop as his political soapbox that Paradox had enough of it.
>still pushing this maymay

Another thing that's been brought up is that Stellaris has very miniscule memory use--someone said they only see it using 200mb. If that's true then the game really is fantastically optimized.

>implying im not going to use this thread

Well I used your mom.

What's the best early game corvette loadout? I know sheilds>armor, but what about weapons?

I have fusion missiles and mining lasers, going to have torpedoes soon, What's the best mixup?

So when creating titanic life armies they apparently are listed as "Titanic Life (Human)" and so on.
So do the army damage attributes for your race matter for titanic life?

they matter for all types armies i think except for robot/droid/synth armies (and not regular armies that just happen to be made of robots/droids/synths)

>psi drives
tempting

The race of the armies matters for the modifiers it might get such as strong or weak.

>"political soapbox"
>Literally all he added was, "No multiculturalism here!"