Big

>big
>musuclar
>great fighters

except when you actually do any research at all it turns out they were
>average height for their time, manlets by modern standards
>lean
>BTFO all the time

lmao fuck you scandiniggers your meme mud hut dwelling ''civilization'' was so inept and irrelevant you had to make up a bunch of shit about a group of half starved pirates

Other urls found in this thread:

tha-engliscan-gesithas.org.uk/archives/aspects-of-anglo-saxon-paganism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianisation_of_Anglo-Saxon_England
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop making this thread every fucking day.

Ok, we get it!
You don't have to repeat something that's common knowledge to everyone in this board!

Is this one buttmad boy posting several different threads about the same thing?

Were you cucked by a vikingboo or something?

they basically created russia, france and england, three of the most influential countries in all history, and today

>some scrawny dork typing all this

>they created France, Russia and England

W-What ?

GARLEMANE WAS VIGING :-DDDD NORMANS TOO :-DDDDDDD

t. britbong that hates his royalty because they are viking descendants

>c'est ce que vikingboos croient réellement

As usual the only retort vikingbabies have is ''but there are more civilized people who have some viking blood in them!'' as it that somehow changed the fact they were garbage fighters.

>Ahmed ibn al alli or alternatively nigel is mad because he got SCANDID

Do you really want to play with that meme?

I dont hate anyone from any country really. I just gotta defend my nords since everyone hates on us despite beeing shit them selves.

>you will never have a burly, bearded Varangian/Viking husbando

>Asian gangs

>big
>musuclar
>great fighters

these are generic american popular culture that they apply to literally everything

>lean
I'm amazed people are surprised by this. Warriors are always lean, it just comes with the profession.
Just look at modern SF types, they're all endurance type athletes.
Hell even sport fighters are fucking lean, the biggest fighter is gonna be half as big as the biggest bodybuilder, given the same height.

On a semi-related note, for those of you who dropped Farming Saga, it is now Merchant Saga.

Weren't the vikings only raiding Christians because said Christians refused to trade with pagans? (something I heard on a history channel documentary back when history channel was actually about history)
Another theory I've heard is that Scandinavians over-fished the North Sea in the 6th century and, in an act of desperation, turned to piracy.

wtf I hate vikings now

"vikings" never existed. they were just pagans who raided christian monasteries and tried to stop cucksianity from spreading. vikings never slaughtered villages (unlike christianity) and they only fought Christians. the majority of anglo saxons were still pagan until norman times, "vikings" were just giving them help.

if they were chinks, they would be called oriental.
I know it sucks, but the world speaks english, not american.

Vikingposting is absolute cancer from both sides of the barricade. It's basically on par with wewuz threads.

Last time I checked Pakistan is in Asia, Ameriblob. Just because most of your Asian immigrants are Chinks and Japs it doesn't mean they're the only Asians out there.

Please be bait

this isn't bait you fag.
The Anglo Saxons were pagan until norman times, and maybe even after. there is a multitude of evidence for this.

They turned christian in the 600s you idiot

A people who have been pagan for thousands of years would suddenly turn christian, even with their groves being destroyed and fellow pagans being killed
yeah, stop talking shit you faggot, that would never happen.

Really makes you think.

>"a gospel from a monk accounts for the whole population"

christcuck logic

Whatever your insecurities want you to believe, it's right there in the historical records.

nope.
>tha-engliscan-gesithas.org.uk/archives/aspects-of-anglo-saxon-paganism

read this, faggot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianisation_of_Anglo-Saxon_England
>The decisive shift to Christianity occurred in 655 when King Penda was slain in the Battle of the Winwaed and Mercia became officially Christian for the first time. The death of Penda also allowed Cenwalh of Wessex to return from exile and return Wessex, another powerful kingdom, to Christianity. After 655, only Sussex and the Isle of Wight remained openly pagan, although Wessex and Essex would later crown pagan kings. In 686 Arwald, the last openly pagan king was slain in battle and from this point on all Anglo-Saxon kings were at least nominally Christian
>Lingering paganism among the common population gradually became English folklore.
So it took about 100 years and as usual was more of a blend than total conversion.

>a literal nothing from nothing is an evidence they were pagans

I guess this is why Alfred the Great was crowned by the Pope, because he was a pagan, huh

Wow a neo pagan cite counters all historians to fit its agenda in order to gain followers. Shocking

kings were obviously christian. the majority wasn't.

>A people who have been pagan for thousands of years would suddenly turn christian, even with their groves being destroyed and fellow pagans being killed
yeah, stop talking shit you faggot, that would never happen.

>>A people who have been pagan for thousands of years would suddenly turn christian, even with their groves being destroyed and fellow pagans being killed
Yes, it happened all around the world, Pagans were very fickle, their religions were not central or strong, they converted easily. Deal with it you edgy neo-pagan. Your religions are dead and your revivals are fake and based off sketchy conjecture.

t. American retard

I wonder what is it about Americans that makes them so fucktarded, I guess it's the fact Europe only exported shitpoor peasants, mentally ill people, convicts and other dregs of society there.

They have no cultural identity so they become neo pagans to fill the void.

>pagans were very fickle, their religions were not central or strong, they converted easily
you've nver heard of the massacre of verdun, have you? a nigger like you would forget about those, would't you? stop talking shit.

i'm english you monkey

What about Verden (It's Verden not Verdun, that's WW1...)? Not everyone converted so easily but generally it was quite easy to get nations to convert to Christianity. Like i said, with no religious centralisation or authority, once you converted the top, the rest followed.

I'm beginning to think you're just a poor troll given the terrible spelling and well, terrible argument.

>What about Verden (It's Verden not Verdun, that's WW1...)? Not everyone converted so easily but generally it was quite easy to get nations to convert to Christianity. Like i said, with no religious centralisation or authority, once you converted the top, the rest followed.

I'm beginning to think you're just a poor troll given the terrible spelling and well, terrible argument.

It wasn't easy. The majority of the population stayed pagan until the norman conquest, and then it slowly died out. there would have been pagans in extremely isolated places in the 1600s, but then it died out.
I'm not trolling. my arguement is truth.

>"VIKINGS WERE THE STRONGEST" threads spammed constantly at creation of Veeky Forums
>they got BTFO
>"VIKINGS WERE THE SHITTIEST" threads now spammed

Can you guys just fuck off. People are allowed to talk about anything, the issue only arises when they make shit up.

The Anglo-Saxon conversion thing is dumb, they were pretty thoroughly Christian by the end of the 8th century.

That said, the Frankish conquest/conversion of pagan Saxony was right at the start of the Viking Age; only 7 years separate the Massacre at Verden from the first documented Viking raid in Britain. Widukind, the pagan king of the Saxons who unsuccessfully opposed Charlemagne, took refuge with the King of the Danes. While I don't think any sane person would describe the Norse raiders as holy warriors, It's not implausible that a perception of Christian aggression helped motivate the activities of the early "vikings."

>The majority of the population stayed pagan until the norman conquest
You have no evidence for this, but there is a shitton of evidence that they converted to Christianity in the 7th and 8th centuries.

If you are speaking the truth, prove it.

The anglo saxons weren't christian. Read the rest of what i've said you fucking nu male

If a king converts so do his subjects you mong.

Who are the deities of your Briton Celtic religion then?

>the majority wasn't.

The retarded peasants don't matter, only the educated elites matter.

no they don't. if obama, your ape president, was suddenly a muslim, would the christians in america turn muslim? no.

They were Anglo Saxon deities. the celts worshipped their own deities.

>retarded peasants

The working people are always superior.

No.

Charlemagne not only outlawed trading with non-Christians but gave all of them in his domain a choice between conversion and death and methodically destroyed the holy sites, holy men and folk traditions of all aforementioned non-Christians. Considering that one of his most significant opponents was a Dane, it's not really a mystery why the viking era started.

>They were Anglo Saxon deities. the celts worshipped their own deities.
Name them.

>modern democracy is the same as medieval monarchy

Troll please.

You think a king would allow his thegns to worship a different God than he?

Anglo Saxon deities?
Wuldor

Tiw

Woden

Thunor

Frige

Seaxneat

etc

I don't know celtic deities because celtic society is uninteresting to me.

>those miserable earth tones

Because everyone knows colour didn't exist until the 20th century.

Are you one of those homofaggot Wiccan retards who believe that although the government and all fabrics of a civilized society was Christian, the peasants still "secretly" worshipped a bunch of trees and shit?

>The working people are always superior.

Superior in getting assfucked and being stupid maybe.

It happened in Scandinavia for a while.

no, I depise wiccans. there was no witch cult in the forest like the faggot wiccan said. however, pagan villages and practices did survive very late, but they would have been hidden and secret. listen to john barleycorn and read up on it.

You are a Wiccan, there's no difference between them and neo pagans. You;re all jokes clinging to a dead religion that you barely understand and have no reason to believe. You don't actually believe the old gods exist so why bother. and certainly don't try to twist history to fit your silly religious views.

>they would have been hidden and secret.

So how do you know about it?

>practices

Cultural pagan rituals were incorporated into folk tradition, but that doesn't change the fact those people were still Christian and worshipped Jesus instead of some magical oak and wolves or whatever the fuck.

Dude grimdark lmao we can't show vikings wearing red and blue clothes (which they liked) because teenage Amon Amarth fans wouldn't find them badass enough.

Not to mention that virtually all neopagans, at least in northern and eastern Europe don't even have an unbroken line of pagan worship, they just try to "reconstruct" their faith from, and this is the best part, Christian sources.

It's honestly still better than the black latex shit that's been plaguing historical fiction since the 90s.

Speaking of latex shit...

>germanic paganism; sacrifice and kill to appease us, oh but we'll still prob fuck you over though :DDD if you murder enough, we might reward you ;)

>Jesus; be nice = go to heaven, simple stuff

Who wouldn't convert?

No, wiccans are leftist scum. Volkisch blood and soil paganism is the only acceptable form. I do believe in them.

>what are the witch trials.

no, some places would have practiced paganism.

Fuck that shit and the dark colours.

But you are reconstructing shit from Christian sources. Snorri Sturluson who compiled the Eddas was a Christian, that's like trying to reconstruct Judaism based on Mein Kampf.

>No, wiccans are leftist scum. Volkisch blood and soil paganism is the only acceptable form.
What do you base this on?

I'm not a nordic pagan though. I base my beliefs off Anglo Saxons.
Tribalism. I'm essentially a luddite tribalist.

Not that guy, but I think you missed the point: it's not JUST from Christian sources, and these are cross-referenced against other sources to look for ideological alterations.

Personally, I don't get the fuss about it being from Christian sources. Regardless of where it comes from, it's still a matter of personal faith and doesn't lose legitimacy for it.

>Tribalism. I'm essentially a luddite tribalist.
Okay, but what makes you think that's the right way?

>it's not JUST from Christian sources, and these are cross-referenced against other sources
What "other sources"? There are none! At least not written.

Neo-pagans:

>I'm an ethnic nationalist
>so I won't worship a KIKE ON A STICK
>I know, let's reconstruct a faith of my ancestors from 1500 years ago, from sources written by kike-worshippers!

Wiccans:

>I'm a non-binary agender fat-positive liberal feminist
>but I won't worship the EVIL CHRISTIAN OPPRESSIVE PATRIARCHY
>I know, let's reconstruct a secret faith of my sexually liberated witch sisters from aeons ago because DUDE GODDESS FREE LOVE AND GURL POWER LMAO

There are differences as you see, buth both groups are essentially the same type of retard. They don't actually, genuinely believe in their religion, they just try to find a cult that caters to a social worldview they already had beforehand, usually with a good load of roleplaying and wewuzism on top.

>I do believe in them.
So you literally believe thunder is caused by a hammer being struck in the sky.

k

I believe every ethnic group should have a homeland with only that ethnic group in. Tribalism is the natural way for humans to go, look at football fans and hooligans.

For the luddite part, read industrial society and it's future.

Look at my earlier picture. No, I genuinely believe in the gods, and i'm not a muh vikings amon amarth type of fake pagan.

>What "other sources"? There are none! At least not written.

The other sources mentioned in the image, which are primarily not written (though there's some runestones and such that have a bit of writing, but they're by no means all that common).

>calling someone a luddite when they actually have to do research on their beliefs

>gets all values from low hanging fruit aka pop culture

>I believe every ethnic group should have a homeland with only that ethnic group in.
And where do you draw the line between those ethnic groups?

To be fair, the standard is to cultivate beliefs that justify and exalt your current existence. Basically no one holds on to beliefs that are truly contrary to their own existences.

>I believe every ethnic group should have a homeland with only that ethnic group in. Tribalism is the natural way for humans to go, look at football fans and hooligans.
Are you like 14? Thats what i thought when i was 14. It's retarded though, the world doesn't fit into such neat categories

You know I'm no liberal or a leftycuck but using football hooligans as an example we should strive to emulate is pretty retarded.

Historically defined ethnic groups. In northwest Europe, there are Germanic People and Celtic peoples. Celtics are more swarthy looking, Germanic people have red and blonde hair and light eyes.
Yes it does. Tribalism is the only way humans should live.

>The other sources mentioned in the image, which are primarily not written
You mean like archaeological finds? Their interpretations are very vague. I wouldn't base a religion on that.

> In northwest Europe, there are Germanic People and Celtic peoples.
Neither Germanic people or Celtic people have ever considered themselves to be part of the same tribe though. Unless of course you count recent nationalistic ideas.

Yes, Anglo Saxons, Nordic peoples, Continental Germanics, are all subtribes. But they are all the member of the Germanic ethnic group

Rude t b h lad

>Yes, Anglo Saxons, Nordic peoples, Continental Germanics, are all subtribes. But they are all the member of the Germanic ethnic group
That's your opinion, but the historical peoples of Northern Europe never saw themselves as a tribe. The vikings sure as hell didn't see the Anglo-Saxons as brothers, kinsmen or belonging to the same tribe

>You mean like archaeological finds? Their interpretations are very vague. I wouldn't base a religion on that.

Me neither, personally. But I don't think it makes it an illegitimate basis for a religion.

Personally I wish we'd get some neo-pagan philosophers and theologians to make something new, rather than a bunch of nationalists scrabbling scraps.

I historically define them all indo-european not being one myself, you're now one big tribe

>manlets for modern standards
When will this meme end, the height difference was virtually non existent, it really wan't that bad

>Historically defined ethnic groups. In northwest Europe, there are Germanic People and Celtic peoples. Celtics are more swarthy looking, Germanic people have red and blonde hair and light eyes.
Yes without doubt 14 years old.

>the height difference was virtually non existent
The average viking was around 170, that's manlet by modern western standard. Sure, it was average back then, but not today.