Find a high volatile stock, selling for say $24.5 at the moment

>Find a high volatile stock, selling for say $24.5 at the moment
>Wait till it drops to $24, buy
>Wait till it goes back up to $25 sell
>repeat

Why doesn't everyone do this?

Timing the market is too risky IMO

What if the price just went up?

Also fees will eat up your 4% in increase if you do it perfectly. Or put you more in the hole if you don't

>Find a high volatile stock, selling for say $24.5 at the moment
>Wait till it drops to $24, buy
>Shocked when it drops to $19 and hovers between $19 and $20 for months

Why don't you do this, get really fucking rich, buy out Goldman Sachs and rule the world?

You should be able to acquire mid-sized countries within 4-5 years, lurk on your own carribean Island and face the choice wheter you want to be woken up with a blowjob or a strawberry-daiquiri every morning...

Your Chief Groupie Officer will choose girls according to your preference among the thousands of Victoria's secret models and young aspiring actresses lining up just to hang out with you and suck your willie...

Surely if you're trading in high enough volumes then brokerage costs become minscule?

Yeah but there's always a risk of your stocks going down, how is this any worse?

I wasn't saying you can become buffet doing this. But you can make money?

Yes it works

But remember you should only buy and hold index funds because research shows actively managed funds can't beat the index.

Buy and hold, wageslave for 50 years and hope you don't die kthxbai

If everyone does it, nobody will buy at $25 because they'll lose money knowing it'll drop to 24. The stock market is a multilayered mind game. You have millions of people trying to outsmart each other and we reached a point where people can't predict each other's moves because everyone's thinking three steps ahead. And that's how the stock market became efficient.

>highly volatile stocks go up and down proportionally

Not everything is like a sine wave in math class.

I wasn't saying you can become buffet doing this. But you can make money?

NO.
Source? 15yrs experience as a trader. Not one of the selfproclaimed fags with 2,4k$ in front of their battlestations pretinding to understand makets. I worked for Tier 1banks and hedge funds.

>Wait
>So did she re-purpose that crowns bag as a shopping bag?
>Like
>Hey! When you go shopping use a nice department store bag as a reusable bag to put your wine in!
>Its good for the environment and you look chic!

>But you can make money?
You can make some money. The trick is that the trading/broker/etc costs add up. Some will refuse or ban you for ordering too many transactions. Your fees, provided nobody gets mad at you for high-volume requests, will probably be at least 50$ per request, plus some percent of the request made.

It can be done and it is done. But you need to be swimming in money to make it work.

Long-term, the stock market tends to rise. Short-term, the market is far less predictable. Your entire model is based on fast turnarounds, meaning you've inherently got more risk.

Mean reversion is a legitimate tactic, but it isn't as simple as a stock bouncing around between two highs or two lows.

Day traders do this with band trading. They can double their capital in three months.

>Buy at $24.
>Goes down to $23
>Wait
>$22
>Wait
>Bad news hits
>Sweating profusely.

This.

>mfw OP thinks day trading is something new and not just a meme that 80+% people fail at

This. I bought a stock at $25 that I thought was a good price, it dropped to about $10 and I bought more because it was an even better deal with a larger dividend and my strategy is long term.

>Some will refuse or ban you for ordering too many transactions
>will probably be at least 50$ per request
>plus some percent of the request made

Holy shit, where are you living that this is reality?
It costs me the same commission to trade 1,000 shares as it does 10,000.
A flat fee under $10, not a percentage.

I don't trade meme stocks but does Scottrade not charge you a fee in which makes it harder to do this?

you're one of those blokes that looks at historical stock prices, sees that the price at time 2 was higher than the stock price at time 1, and thinks "hey i should have invested in that, I'm good at investing" aren't you OP?

Why don't you just?
>Find a predictable raising stock with slight pump & dumps, let's say from 1$ to 20$
>You only have 100 dollars to spend on it, but!
>Buy at 1$
>Sell at 2$
>Buy at 1.50$
>Sell at 3$
>Buy at 2.50$
>Sell at 4$

takes about 1 or 2 of constant indie trading to get sufficiently good/lucky at reading the market for neat returns.

lol u described me perfectly

Traits to have before investing:
Patient
Realistic
Wise
Frugal
Avid researcher
RICH

Kek, I see a lot of these people.

>RAIL
>HAL

Have fun

do it. use robin hood.
only do it on stocks you don't mind owning tho, incase the price doesn't do what you want for a while .

dont do it with those dumb ass meme stocks .

All these posts about not being possible due to fees, isn't that a moot point with robinhood?

Lol... Stupid fucken idea you would need to drop like 25K on a stock to make like 1K if your gonna just wait till the stock goes up by $1even then it's not a guaranteed result that it would reach that, you sometimes might have to wait like a month or more for it to go back if it went down

>try again fuckhead

>not being possible
I'd say thats more due to the fact that you aren't even looking at real time quotes with RH, just averages, so executing a strategy that relies on precise numbers is going to be a bitch.

>What if the price just went up?
Limit that shit.

That's called daytrading and it's really just a form of gambling.
I've identified a lot of extremely short-term trends in stocks I follow but you can never be sure how long that trend will continue. I thought NXTD would keep drifting between .42 and .435 for a while so I sold at .435 and it shot up to almost .53 over the next few days.

ITT OP invented swing day trading

Ty based OP