/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/mods-from-the-ap-pro
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/ap-pro-autumn-addon-094
smartmodmanager.codeplex.com/
gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=5664&sec_id=19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS (embed)

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Harpoon Knife/Alternate Flashlights for Arsenal Overhaul 3.x+
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA (embed)
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous bread

first for mercenary

And here I was thinking that BAP was just people typing BAR in Russian.

That's why Shadowplay is a godsend

Wow just checked my saves and last time I played was actually 2012, where does the time go.

F12 is STALKER's screenshot key.

dumb fucking frog poster

As far as OGSE exos go, KNIGHT+poopsuit > monolith > first gen exo + poopsuit > shit > regular KNIGHT.

KNIGHT+ poopsuit is really heavy but makes up for it because it's hands down the best suit in the game (lol 70% bullet damage resistance), and its increased carrying capacity more than makes up for its weight. It only has one bad thing about it, it's the reward for a quest that is mildly annoying. You can repair it with Beryll suits (no, I'm not shitting you).

Monocuck exo has the advantage that you can find it ""relatively"" early on if you're lucky, it's light, and it's as mobile as the KNIGHT. The only downside is that the durability is shit (and therefore it costs an arm and a leg to repair it, as you can't use monolith suits for repairing it) and the integrated NVG.

First gen exo is kinda shit, as its sprinting is really slow. If you don't have a car you'll want to kill yourself. The good aspect about it is that you can use it with the poopsuit (which, again, can be repaired with Berylls, and if I'm not mistaken even the basic army bulletproof vest).

"Common" KNIGHT exo is fucking shit because it weighs 12 more kg than the first gen exo, the heaviest suits you can use it with are the sunrise suit and the Duty suit Hunter Edition, its only advantage is faster sprinting speed. Its bonuses to bullet resistance is laughably bad (same as the first gen exo, being +5% or so impact/rupture resistance). To add insult to injury you will more often than not end up with getting it AFTER you get the KNIGHT+poopsuit.

Apparently I can't run shadowplay because I have a GT640

Why do I feel that by the time I beat OGSE 0693 my judgment of it will be "this is good but it could've been SO much better" instead of "holy shit this is GREAT"?

Most of the "new" features are either underused (the knife/gasmask slot), have already existed for years (autodoctor, artifact detectors, cars, food spoiling), more recent mods do them WAY better (weapon attachments and gunplay), at the end of the day the few truly new things that it brings to the table are some graphical improvements and bufgfixes, an easier way to modify the spawns, some new quests and the AI improvements. Its saddening to know that it could've been so much more.

Don't forget that the Monolith exo has negative psy protection that for some reason actually gets closer to zero the lower the condition is.

Do you not appreciate epitome of Slav TECHNOLOGY? Idi nahui, petuh.

I think it makes perfect slavsense. If they had good psy protection, they wouldn't be following the "Monolith", would they ?

>negative psy protection
Literally a nonissue. You have vodka and medicines for that. Hell you can even get luck

>actually gets closer to zero the lower the condition is.
The description perfectly explains why, it has a device attached to it for making brainwashing easier. The Monolith suit prototype has the same device but with the polarity inverted.

>Do you not appreciate
Where did I even say or imply that, regiment's cumbucket?

That does make sense actually.
Disregard that, I suck cocks.

>ou can even get luck
y with the Klondike and roll some artifacts that give stupid amounts of psy protection. You can even go above 100% psy protection from artifacts with no drawbacks.

Thanks for slavsplaining, comrade

>play stalkersoup
>hey this looks kinda shitty
>get to cordon and drink the medicine
>see the monsters and shit down there
>quit the game and delete it

Cave part is fucking retarded, I can't even comprehend why it's still there.
The rest of it has some charm though.
>shooting alien hybrid breekis with my dual wielding macaroonis while listening to my kino mp3 flash disk
>get interrupted by marked one calling Sid a fat jewish fuck
>throw a miniature atomic bomb and skedaddle back to the bar for a refreshing can of DHARMA beer

Just slav things

>Coming onto the internet to try and enjoy a game
>This slavtriarchal slavlord starts slavsplaining to me
Check your eastern privilege you fucking slav males.

Is Lost Soul the best version of SGM currently out?

Yes and no.
The older version has some extra quests and perhaps better performance but lacks the new areas.
Then again, the new areas are empty and only used for fetch quests.
But LS has a few more high quality weapons.
Geonezis version did add a few though so it makes up.
Try LS but do yourself a favour and use the old Zaton start patch. Unless you're into fetchquests that is.

Weaponsoup

WHEN
H
E
N

Why do people keep whining for weaponsoup anyway? What's it supposed to do that you literally cannot live without?

t. Hasn't been paying attention

Weaponsoup is the gun pack for CoC that will make the authors of all the half assed gun packs such as STCOP or AO kill themselves, and probably other modders as well.

wew

As descriptive of what it actually does as it is unbiased in viewpoints. 10/10, my thanks cannot be expressed in textual format

People are just looking for an excuse to play CoC.

It's supposed to add shittons of guns and scopes, and make all of it actually fucking work as intended AND consistent, something that none of the weapons packs for CoC truly achieved. It's also supposed to have a lot more features that I won't elaborate on because at this point I lost track of what Werejew will add after the first release.

how do add more missions to CoC?

As a slav-abled overencumber positive transbreeki factionfluid i fully understand the concept of slav privilege and check it every day.
Slav privilege is being able to play slav story mods without waiting months for a translation
Slav privilege is being able to google crash log tail, find solutions on slav forums and understand them.
Slav privilege is being able to understand camp stories and have a giggle.
Slav privilege is being able to see stalker looking environments every day, and even consume vodka in there.

#OverencumberPositivity
#Breekinism
#FeelTheBurner

Donald Trump for President 2016

Will he force Sir gay to make Stalker game again?

Actually, I think he will force the military to build a wall around the Cordon.

That would legitimately fix any issue inside the Zone.
But would probably end up in the Ukrainian government collapsing.

There is a wall around Cordon, it's even guarded too keep the Mexicans out (hence no Mexicans in the Zone)

And he'll make Sidorovich pay for it.

About to install CoC ver 1.3.20 and try it for the first time.

Should I try it vanilla or add something else first?
What sub-mods should I try first?

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/mods-from-the-ap-pro

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/ap-pro-autumn-addon-094

>Absolute Textures
>true 100% canon CoC menu movie and music 1.1.7zip
>Flip a coin between AO and StcoP

>There is a wall around Cordon
A double electrified fence, to be precise.

>A STALKER multiplayer map called "Experimental Pool". This is actually a cut Shadow of Chernobyl MP map called "MP Bath". It's in CoP too."
Came across this on steam hub, really like the environment, why isn't it in some singleplayer mod yet

Absolute structures/nature, DoctorX's more tasks and desolation, more mutants, radios galore, BAP, the merge for radios galore and BAP, STCOP, itemsoup, the fix for itemsoup. Oh and a fixed relations file since the default relations are SHIT. You can make one yourself with excel and notepad++ in like 10 minutes.

have fun with your ctd

Nothing of what I listed causes CTDs.

there is a merged all.spawn for the latest versions of radios galore+bap?

>OverencumberPositivity
>FeelTheBurner
Heh

>Slav privilege is being able to understand camp stories and have a giggle.
That's an actual privilege. I'll be huddled around a camp fire and hearing stories and then everybody breaks out laughing and I have no idea why. Feels like being an outsider, even in my virtual world where I come to get away from being an outsider, man...

>there is a merged all.spawn for the latest versions of radios galore+bap?
>radios galore, BAP, the merge for radios galore and BAP
>the merge for radios galore and BAP

where do you get it from? it's not on moddb or the repo for coc.

I dunno, I just really like that reaction image and noticed you missed the part where he said there was a merge.

nah i didint miss it, i just not aware of where such a thing actually exists. aside from making it from scratch. i vaguely remember one from before 1.3.2 came out, not sure that would work with 1.3.2 since 1.3.2 came with a new all.spawn.

>TFW+AO never got updated

What a shame

It's just a weapon collection. First release won't really have anything too special other than some weapons I imported from css and other various sources, but in the days after the first release I'll be adding a bunch of scopes. The scopes are really what I'm making it for at this point, but the hype surrounding it at this point makes me nervous :v

Fuck, I've neglected that for so long. Unfortunately with warfare and weaponsoup my attention is a little less than focused on that old tfw ao merge. I'll probably get around to updating it again eventually or just merging in weaponsoup when its finished if its possible to get all the scopes working.

>but the hype surrounding it at this point makes me nervous :v

dont be.

fuck you , just dont.

werejew for three days i've sleeping for 10 minutes every hour and monitoring the thread for 50
my baby hasn't cried once since yesterday and i haven't gone to check on her
relase soup pelase

there would be no weapon soup without stcop
go wash your mouth, frogshitter

If you actually manager to get proper rendertarget scopes it will live up to the hype 100%
Hell, even just 3d scopes for weapons is cool, but noone ever does it

Why wouldn't a mod community as hardcore as STALKERs not have a virtual filesystem mod manager yet?

Manually pasting mods in a certain specific orders which changes every new mod introduced usually involving reinstalling everything from scratch in the certain order? What is this, 1996?

smartmodmanager.codeplex.com/ ?

Does that old thing even work with CoP? It hasn't been touched in 7 years.

i just googled it, never actually used it
here's a versin that supports cop
gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=5664&sec_id=19

Dead

I installed the CoC versions of Absolute Nature and Structures after installing AO3. The game still worked while running AO3, but now it just crashes at startup. Anyone had this problem before?

Log:
Starting RENDER device...
* GPU [vendor:1002]-[device:9442]: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
* GPU driver: 8.17.10.1129
* CREATE: DeviceREF: 1
* Vertex Processor: PURE HARDWARE
* Texture memory: 4072 M
* DDI-level: 9.0
* GPU shading: vs(fffe0300/3.0/30), ps(ffff0300/3.0/30)
* GPU vertex cache: unrecognized, 16
* NVAPI is missing.
* Starting rendering as 2-GPU.
* DVB created: 1536K
* DIB created: 512K
! Renderer doesn't support blender 'effects\shadow_world'

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : assertion failed
[error]Function : CTextureDescrMngr::LoadTHM
[error]File : ..\xrRender\TextureDescrManager.cpp
[error]Line : 55
[error]Description : F->find_chunk(THM_CHUNK_TYPE)

stack trace:

0023:00A57113 xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fail()
0023:03E64286 xrRender_R2.dll
0023:77A2913C ntdll.dll, ZwCreateFile()
0023:779FC72C ntdll.dll, RtlFreeHeap()
0023:779FDC26 ntdll.dll, RtlAllocateHeap()
0023:00A57C82 xrCore.dll, xrMemory::mem_alloc()
0023:5B93E99A MSVCR120.dll, _RTCastToVoid()
0023:00A34EF4 xrCore.dll, IReaderBase::r_chunk_safe()
0023:03E46B70 xrRender_R2.dll

Ah I see it now, your first mistake was using AO3

Does wm_size affect the bleed rate, or is this purely cosmetic (i.e. just the size of the decal when bullet hits an obstacle)?

Is there a mod that has the Vityaz?

what quest gives the poopknight

Latest ogse v2 night vision is crystal clear, sepia is gone

Thanks I will look into it.

monolith exo retains sepia NVG if that's your thing

Either Lukash BTR quest or taking the military guy from Dead City to Cordon.

Pretty sure it's the BTR one.

>there would be no weapon soup without stcop
Yeah, how many of the models are from STCOP and how many of them are from Shoker or shit that isn't even from STALKER mods again?

>frogshitter
Kill yourself, I never posted a frog in my life.

Probably Shoker, I faintly remember it being in OGSE 0692. If you really want that gun in particular you could just play 7.62 High Calibre, with the Blue Sun Mod + SilverGirl Armory. The 7.62 Hard Life mod should have it too.

I can confirm it's the BTR quest. And don't even try to move it out of the Dead City until you get both the battery and the FCS. You need to turn it on with the shitty battery for progressing the quest though, and you have to go back and forth between the Army Whorehouses and the Dead City like 3 times.

The colonel quest gives you the military IFF and the cheapest trader in the game (an egghead that among other things practically gifts you cartridges for the autodoctor and GOOD 7.62x54R ammo).

Ssssh Nimble is sleeping

>cheapest trader in the game (an egghead that among other things practically gifts you cartridges for the autodoctor and GOOD 7.62x54R ammo).
Wait what? I got the IFF but I never saw this egghead. Where's he hiding?

WAKE UP NIMBLE

>two micas
>a crystal
>a flash
Good. Not great, just good.

>fucking anomalous bolts, pellicle and sparkler
Stalker, PLEASE. Stop carrying shit artifacts.

The military cucks' outpost at Cordon, the same building where you can find the colonel (it's on the left if you're coming from the rookie village).

Sleep well, stay nimble.

Do NOT wake up Nimble!

WAKE UP NIMBLE BLOWOUT SOON

really? when?

little under four minutes

Are the LURK animations for AMK outdated? I have some old files here and they weren't in the OP.

>playing one of the meme AMK merges instead of playing vanilla AMK 1.4 or AMK AE

Is there anything I should install on top of AE aside from the Absolute textures and SWO? Thanks btw

>complete the quest in Pripyat for the old man at the rookie's village
I don't like the implications of its reward one bit.

And the fact that the doll could _ACTUALLY_ FUCKING WRITE (in 1986, before any of the events that actually created the Zone) as opposed to Cheburashka that can just "talk" is horrifying.

Nevermind I am retarded, SWO isn't needed. Should I install the Absolute Structure textures? AA2 doesn't mention including them, just Nature.

>.t

Can someone expain this please?

Abbreviation of terveisin, meaning 'regards' in Finnish.

>being able to understand camp stories and have a giggle.

So these are seriously never in english, EVER? That is so fucking annoying.

Oh and the old man was a fucking retard, as he knew that they threaded people affected with radiation sickness in Moscow, and he could've easily guessed that his daughter could've ended up there. All in all it still was a good quest.

Abbreviation for "regards" in finnish, possibly one of the least cancerous mems brought to you by Ylilauta and Krautchan.

the bulk of it is stcop
you're missouri tier fanboi

>So these are seriously never in english, EVER
Most if not all of them were translated by fans in a website that I forgot about. In OGSE, stalkers tell you those if you ask them if they know something interesting, the cunt with the PKM that guards Sid's bunker tells you the jokes. IIRC some versions of SGM give them subtitles.

Cool.

>the bulk of it is stcop
Citation needed. I remember that he explicitly stated that a fair amount of the models were from Shoker and AO2.

>fanboi
A bloo bloo bloo.

Yeah but I want to be able to find a camp fire, sit down and relax and listen to STALKER stories while chilling with my homies.

>The military cucks' outpost at Cordon, the same building where you can find the colonel (it's on the left if you're coming from the rookie village).
Oh okay, never poked around there after getting the goods.

Then play SGM. Finding the "right" version of it is up to you though, as the last time I played was half a decade ago or so.