/fog/ - Fallout General

nate is a stupid name edition

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3878/?
fallout4.blog.jp/archives/60402581.html#more
a.pomf.cat/akglms.webm
a.pomf.cat/wekrrp.webm
a.pomf.cat/yvicyn.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Waifus #1

1st for having no use living

>gunners yell GUNNERS!! when they attack
are they fucking pokemon?

They're fucking retards, just like Queenslanders.

could be worse, perhaps Tasmanian.

Just reinstalled FO4 and some mods that looked interesting. I've since gone up to a 1440p 144 monitor.

I have a R9 390 anyone have any settings/ini to use to get the best performance after the latest patch?

Part of why I stopped playing shortly after launch was how shitty the game ran on AMD cards, couldn't even get a solid 60 at 1980p so hoping I can now at least get that at 1440p after the updates which seem to have helped performance.

How good is sneak in fo1? Do you eventually reach a point where you can pretty much walk directly past anyone? Does going over 100% do anything useful? Of course I'm sure 100% sneak and stealth boy probably makes you fucking invisible.

>Northern Territory

First for nice simplistic housing.

having lived NT they're mainly dogs but I wouldnt put them lower than those creepy inbreeding fucks in tassie

post screenshots

>actual windows

What heresy is this?

NSW master race reporting in, fuck everyone else. Especially Victorians and Queenslanders.

South Australia is ok I guess.

You can even shoot through the windows on the top floor.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3878/?

Gunners, Gun-Gun! Guuuuun!

>1440p
how's life in 2009?

>MacCready liked that

>all the australians on /fog/ aren't at work on a weekday

colour me unsurprised

SA represent

might buy this exact card soon, what kind of fps are you getting at 1080/1440?

>Implying I don't shitpost on my phone between calls
I am one of twelve actual Australians in Telstra's call centre, AMA.

Yes, everyone can drive a 4k display with their 980ti's in SLI.

>my line gets worse every month
>drop over 100kb every month
>4 months down from 1mb to 600kb
>telstra wont fix because im in acceptable service ranges
how low does it have to go? my mate owns construction and we might just have an accident near the box.

just wait for the nbn :^)

Didn't know mastectomies existed in a wasteland

nah there's going to be an accident, nbn doesn't go through my area and isnt even planned even though my hood is really high population because its practically white ghetto and they would rather line it down the main roads to the politicians in mandurah.

Why are they called tatos? They aren't potatoes, they should be called matos if anything

mutoes

Are there any healthy, fit and handsome men in this game?

Because they're a hybrid of potatoes and tomatoes.

ASR depends on your location and which plan you're on.

AKA yes poor people/people on cheap plans are low priority.

It's weird to me that Gunners are villains. They're warlords, sure, but they have discipline. I don't see them just killing settlers and taking all their shit. Even those ex-minutemen at libertalia, they sort of had a protection racket going on but given the wasteland's nature that's not exactly evil.

So why were gunners just "raiders with better gear", when they could have been a less welfare-oriented Minute Men? They would have recognized the value of people working the land. They could have had a positive PR if they actually used their discipline and gear to take out raiders. These are raider groups that get rekt by one combat veteran with a pipe rifle.

fallout4.blog.jp/archives/60402581.html#more

>all these australians shitting up fog
not surprised, was the same with the mad max general. Something about the red dirt made me feel at home.

>the mission where you have to save the harbour hobos
HOLD BACK THE NIGHT

Are there any mod that allows me to wear PA like layered armor pieces?

night night all, time for sleep and then wage slavery

A great concept only half developed.

Might as well be Bethesda's slogan.

Shouldn't that be in Big Ben?

I'd hold off until more is known about AMD's latest cards. If they perform as well or better than the 390 at the same price you can likely pick up a 390 for cheaper soon.

Walking around the outer edge of the first settlement I get 55-70, but if I turn to look back at the town it drops to 28-30.

Everything on Ultra except, god rays off, ssao off and fxaa instead of taa.

Hold the door
hold the dooor
holldd ddoorrrr

Anyone have an opinion on the sneak skill? I want to be diplomatic and basically slink out of any combat situations. Reading all kinds of things about it but nothing is really giving me what I want to know.

I was allowed to borrow it just for today.

And here are the test textures.

Webms soon, just gotta...edit the videos and stuff.

Holy FEV boobs

Why is costal cottage and county crossing a buildable settlement? Ground is uneven as fuck cannot build anything viable

I know it's used for railroad to build the teleportor but it sticks out like a sore thumb considering how the railroad is all covert you'd think they'd build it in a factory or warehouse. Speaking of which building it at sanctuary hills is just as much of an eyesore

Fuck time travel.

tru, senpai

what is this

>not knowing Mercer is chosen randomly among settlements you haven't liberated yet
>not rerolling the quest before starting the dr's shit until you get a place that isn't aids
>not just building it in any of the better settlements anyway

Godzilla

I can never decide who to let have Hangmans alley.. RR or MM

Am I the only one who couldn't stand this game until they added the Survival mode stuff? really digging the whole thing now.

>throwing shade at Bethesda over that
It's pretty much the slogan of every developer who touches Fallout desu.

>Conquest isnt compatible with Scrap Everything

Oh man what the fuck?!
What am I supposed to do with all this trash and broken windows around the nice house I found to live?!
Disabling with console doesnt work either.

survival was fine until I got to the second act.

Going from the RR to a mission area and back 1 million times is annoying as fuck.

My mercer's at sunshine co-op

script IDE inside geck is fucking disgusting, how do I get autocomplete/syntax highlighting with the fo4 papyrus

post enclave

Talk to the doctor, when the option comes to give it to him, turn away and drop it, then turn back and say "Only one, it's mine.", then that you're kidding and give it to them. Once you see it's done, and they're in the process of 'giving it' to Austin, you can take it from the floor and take it yourself.

The Deathclaw or your s.s?

>this

we need some limited fast travel

finishing up Far Harbor was also a pain in the ass

I got the mod to fast travel between settlements but it was still awful since the only settlement that is a bit further up in the world is the lumber mill

God damn, Buff. Your mods still suck ass.

>assblasted

Continuing a bit of a conversation from the last thread:

There are at least three cut damage types from FO4 that were in addition to Ballistic, Energy, Explosive (I think? People say mirelurks are exceptionally weak to explosive damage), Radiation, and Poison. They were Cryo, Fire, and Electricity, all three got rolled into Energy.

Trainwiz thinks that it was because not enough weapons made use of the other damage types.

I personally think though that the issue was a reversal: it's because, logically, all three of those damage types would be defended against the same way one would theoretically protect themselves from energy: non-conductive insulators.

But I agree that it is sort of a shame the damage types did get cut.

So if you were able to, how would you implement the three unused damage types into the game? What kind of new weapons, methods, etc. might you think would call for them?

I definitely would love a proper "Freeze Ray", maybe from the Institute as weapons go. (A way of quickly preserving specimens)

Also, between the autumn-winter time of year and the New England setting, I feel like Freezing Rains should be a cold damage hazard.

It's my mod. Buff's just a rigger

What's the matter buddy, is /tesg/ falling apart without him?

Projecting much?

Why does the Art encounter respawn? Even if the synth wins the fight, it just keeps fucking happening.

not very big for godzilla

also why is he made of caramel

someone should share the secrets of where the fuck they get api doc information on papyrus for fallout 4, I can't find methods of objects or anything through geck and the geck wiki is disgracefully outdated.

I have an event and I want to call the parent of the obj ref to remove that static object from the world but I can't find any documentation.

I read that as "Buff's just a nigger"

Yeah that keept happening for me on my Survival run. It must have appeared after 1.5 came out. I don't remember it recurring before that.

Indeed.

to be honest, I think one simple fix should be just one or two terminal entries explaining why Gunners are always hostile towards you just being that someone took out a contract on your head.

Boom, we now know why Gunners always hate you and are attacking your settlements and stuff: they're being paid to.

Maybe as the game goes on imply a bunch of groups like various raider gangs, triggermen, etc. have added to the bounty on your head and some Gunner cells just want you dead as revenge for their comrades.

No it's always recurred.

In some of the pre-release screenshots there was cryo resistance on some armour, on PA iirc. It must have been cut super late
> how would you implement the three unused damage types into the game?
Cryo and Fire are already answered for, with cryolater, flamer, molotovs, etc. Add some energy weapons that deal cyro and you're golden
Electricity would need the most work from the base game. The shock baton would work, and retooling energy weapons to dealing shock wouldn't be too hard. Bringing something like the Arc Welder from Lonesome Road would be good.

The two T-45s ruin it

hahahahaha oh god that looks like shit
what did i expect from buffscale!

>best piece of armour in the game
>can't wear it without being NCR
Legion was the best faction, easily.

>what is DLC
Desert Ranger looks better anyway

>Legion was the best faction, easily.
Compared to the rest? Absolutely.

>assblasted

>buffscale
Reading's not your strong point, huh?

Except other Fallout games are actually good and well written.

The only thing buff did was rig the skeleton, and take screenshots, but if you have any criticisms I'd love to hear.

The color is only a placeholder, to check the way the spec and normal maps interact.

what else would i be comparing it to

Why do they save the waves for the island DLC?
Or is there waves in the Commonwealth? I don't spend much time on the coast.

>freeze ray freezes people and keeps them alive for later dethawing
>used to abduct humans for the institute
>some freeze rays get lost on the surface
>becomes the new Mesmetron
>slavery finally part of the Commonwealth again

How do y'all feel about VATS in 3/NV versus in 4?

Is it better for it to be slow-mo instead of freezing time? Does it make combat more dynamic/fun/balanced?

Is slow-mo easier to diegetically justify than totally freezing time?

Does every Fallout game need VATS? What exactly is the point if it's just another bullet time mechanic now that does auto aim for you as well? Now that combat feels good to do naturally anyway, should VATS be done away with? It may feel more tactical and strategic, but I feel like it just fast forwards combat by letting you pump a few bullets into the head of your enemy.

Art's a surprisingly influential figure in the Commonwealth who operates in small details and subtleties.

Perhaps his most obvious influence is how he and his crew stock caches of goods for people (namely the Sole Survivor) to find even though it's been 210 years and these places should have rightfully been picked clean. He's undergone dangerous journeys cramming Bleed Gatling Lasers into Mirelurk Queen asses in hopes you'll be the one to pick them up and make sense of this mad world.

The Institute has learned of this and finds it abominable that a wastelander is making sure other wastelanders are not fighting only in woad with their own feces as weapons and want to make sure he's stopped.

If they could just figure out the extent of his network.

Here's the webms of it in motion

a.pomf.cat/akglms.webm
a.pomf.cat/wekrrp.webm
a.pomf.cat/yvicyn.webm

Rigging wise it looks pretty great in motion. About to try out that new model with the higher res textures.