How old where you when you realized the Wehrmacht was clean?

How old where you when you realized the Wehrmacht was clean?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blitz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_He_177
rarehistoricalphotos.com/last-jew-vinnitsa-1941/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kragujevac_massacre
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Clean of what? I sure hope you don't mean war crimes.

Certainly cleaner than the RAF or the Red Army.

They were in no way cleaner than the RAF.

You had about half a million civilian casualties from strategic bombing against Germany, and roughly half of that was American.

Meanwhile, you have what? 10 million dead civilians in the USSR alone, never mind what they did in Yugoslavia, Poland, and Italy post Mussolini's overthrow.

The Wehrmacht were the biggest Naziboos of all.

It would have been pretty tough to become chancellor of Germany if the officer corps wasn't behind you.

Personally I don't think killing partisans is necessary 'unclean'. But they like to pretend they didn't do that.

And don't forget all those orders issued by the upper-level Wehrmacht leadership calling for their men to support the genocide, doing things such as providing men for executions.

>Certainly cleaner than the RAF
These memes are getting ridiculous.
>B-but muh Dresden
"What was the The Blitz?"

>"What was the The Blitz?"
It wasn't done with strategic bombers.

Well that's alright then, even though it claimed more lives and more people got wounded.
It doesn't matter what they used, more people lost their lives in the Blitz then the Dresden bombing, doesn't make the Dresden bombing a good thing, but the Germans were hardly innocent victims, they had it coming.

And by Germans I mean the Wehrmacht, unfortunately civilians always get the blame for the wrong doings of their military

How those it feel being fanboy of losers?

>I only stabbed your cat with a penknife, see?
>you can't sue me unless I used a bowie knife

I always feel more for the losers. I guess I feel identified with them.

Do you really think that if the Luftwaffe had 4 engined strategic bombers, they wouldn't have used them on Britain out of moral principle?

The reason they didn't have them was an operational decision based on a differing calculation of how to maximize limited resources, not "lol bombing cities is bad.

Uh, what? That's not true, unless you're counting the comparison of the deaths of one major raid on Dresden against raids against London lasting for most of the war. Total people killed by RAF bombing far exceeds losses from the Blitz.

>Uh, what? That's not true, unless you're counting the comparison of the deaths of one major raid on Dresden against raids against London lasting for most of the war. Total people killed by RAF bombing far exceeds losses from the Blitz.

I must admit, in great shame, that I used Wikipedia in a hurry, the numbers might be totally wrong.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blitz

So you're where American historians were in the 40s, before they realized how common civilian reprisals were on the Eastern Front, and how often Wehrmacht units helped with the Final Solution?

Makes sense, autists tend to act like people from 4 or 5 generations before them.

>Makes sense, autists tend to act like people from 4 or 5 generations before them.
Straight from your ass.

I mean sure, if you're comparing Dresden to "The Blitz" you'll get more losses in the BLitz than you have in Dresden.

But that's one night's massive raid against, (if you use the same definition that Wiki is, which I admit I was not in my previous post) 8 months of raids. Of course you're going to get a higher death toll. If you compare the Blitz to a cross section of RAF bombings against Berlin say, the 8 months before D-Day, I'd be willing to bet the Germans suffered far higher losses. (But I have not looked it up myself)

The reds you kill, they make you clean.

Have you seen Veeky Forums?

Look at how many unironic tankie Marxists, Stirnerites, Nazis, Catholic/Protestant sectarians and other shit you get here.

It's like they're channeling crazy dead people.

That doesn't have anything to do with being an autist.

Not trying to defend the "clean Wehrmacht" argument, but it's not exactly fair to be comparing a single city to an entire bombing campaign.

The Allied bombing of Germany killed some half a million people over the course of the war, and tons of people were displaced. Take Hamburg, for example, which suffered the most devastating single bombing operation in Europe (Operation Gomorrah). Roughly 40,000 people were killed, and over a million fled the city in the aftermath of the operation.

Don't try to downplay the devastation of the Allied bombing campaign by equating it with the Blitz. Just because the Allies executed a heavy-handed and devastating campaign doesn't somehow make the crimes of the Germans any less terrible.

Not to mention the invaluable cultural heritage wantonly destroyed.

>Do you really think that if the Luftwaffe had 4 engined strategic bombers, they wouldn't have used them on Britain out of moral principle?
They wouldn't have designed them, because they had a higher moral standard than the eternal anglo.

Which is why they practiced civilian terror bombing all the way back in the Spanish Civil War, and broke it out again against the Poles and Dutch before you got similar terror bombing back at them?

Not to mention that they did design such airframes, they just couldn't get them out quickly and numerous enough to make a difference.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_He_177

>any army being "clean"

muh good vs evil

>wehraboo lets memes get to his head: the thread

I guess the IJA was cleanest of all. They didn't even use guns or combustion engines.

>but the Germans were hardly innocent victims, they had it coming.

I don't disagree in the relative comparison between the Blitz and Dresden but don't go full retard and say the citizens of Dresden had it coming as a consequence of the actions of the Luftwaffe. You can say the bombing of Dresden was a necessary evil but come the fuck on.

They did design them, they just didn't produce them in large enough numbers.

> and broke it out again against the Poles and Dutch before you got similar terror bombing back at them?
And threatened it against the Czechs.

post wehraboo memes

they look pretty dirty in that picture, all muddy & dusty

17. Say what you will about the ideologies of the Wehrmacht, they at least had honor and decency and didn't rape and plunder the towns they captured. Unlike the communists, who we are all aware were just paragons of human morality.

>It wasn't done with strategic bombers.
Only because the Luftwaffe didn't have any :^)

gr8 b8 m8

I'm pretty sure you guys take such obvious bait because you like hearing yourselves argue.

>Look at how many unironic tankie Marxists, Stirnerites, Nazis, Catholic/Protestant sectarians and other shit you get here.

That's pretty stupid, as all of those are ideologies that are still very much alive, and have been since their inception. If anything it's just a proof that antisocial sorts tend to be attracted to the fringes of ideology.

>These memes are getting ridiculous.

I agree. The problem is people try to justify it when there is no need.

Not a single German officer was indicted at Nuremberg for bombing British cities and civilians. It was understood to be an accepted part of total war on both sides.

back to /tv/ fucking memer

>Wherboos
LOSING SIDE
FAILURES
GERMAN EXCELLENCE IS A MEME

>only half a million
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>clean

But user they were drugged up to their eye balls mayne.

Only before Barbarossa.

how old were you when you realized nobody was ever clean?

Deep

Along with the civilians they demolished 70,000 villages the civilians lived in

Spice

HALF OF ALL RUSSIAN POWS DIED AT THE HANDS OF THE WEHR.MACHT

Challenge for /pol/fags.
Construct post what feel bingo in way it show swastika

>They were in no way cleaner than the RAF.

All air forces were (and still are) far worse than armies when it comes to killing civilans

Not done by the Wehrmacht

>joke's on you faggot, We were too incompetent to commit war crimes!
wehraboos

Wehrmacht != Heer.

HOW MANY GERMAN POWs DIED IN RUSSIAN GULAGS?

War is evil shit. Everybody grow the fuck up already.

All armies are either clean or dirty equally because war is murder which is a sin.

SO GROW THE FUCK UP ALREADY

THIS IS Veeky Forums

ARMIES FIGHT WARS

PEOPLE FUCKING DIE

CRIMES ARE COMMITTED

A far smaller percentage

ONLY THE SS KILLED CIVILLIANS!!!

HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY VICTOR!!!

when I saw this movie and wondered why the good guys enjoyed murdering unarmed prisoners

there is no way in hell that this could happen without the Wehrmacht knowing about it

are you trying to imply that he systematic murder on an industrial scale committed by the Nazis was just a side effect of the second world war?

Is this true?

The suffering of German civilians in the final weeks of WW2 were tragic and ought to be remembered, but the horrors wrought by Germans onto the Soviet people were so unimaginable that we modern outsiders are really in no place to judge their expression of anger.

Rape and looting are objectively wrong, but Soviet brutality was chiefly an act of defiance against not only the physical invasion, but also the intellectual campaign of anti-Bolshevism and Aryanism waged by the Nazi leadership, which desired not only the destruction of Soviet society but also the colonization, enslavement, and near-complete eradication of the Soviet citizenry.

Bringing up Soviet war crimes outside of this context is akin to calling a woman a brute for scratching the face of a man who is raping and strangling her.

Drugs were used to reduce the need for sleep and shit like that yeah

Pretty sure thats a soviet officer executing a partisan.

Not him, but not that much. Iirc, the percentage of pow death difference was like 5-10% a lot of Wehrmacht guys in Soviet camps died, close to 50%

>Say what you will about the ideologies of the Wehrmacht, they at least had honor and decency and didn't rape and plunder the towns they captured.
No, they totally raped and plundered for years. And unlike the Red Army, Rape wasn't even theoretically a crime in the Wehrmacht on the eastern front.

That looks like a Soviet uniform.

You got an independent source for that?

Unfortunate if true.

It's a famous photograph FFS

rarehistoricalphotos.com/last-jew-vinnitsa-1941/

I was working off of Niall Ferguson's "Prisoner Taking and Prisoner Killing in the Age of Total War: Towards a Political Economy of Military Defeat", War in History 11 (2), p. 186"

But I misremembered the figures giving the German PoWs held by Yugoslavs instead of the Russians.

At least according to his figures, some 57.5% of Soviets held by Germans in PoW camps died, while about 35.8% of Germans held by Soviets died. So still pretty awful, but there is a fairly large gap between the two.

Do you have number for American/Brit and French PoW taken by Germans and Germans taken by western allies ?

I have it for all the Germans being held by the Allies.

German POWs held by French 2.58%
German POWs held by Americans 0.15%
German POWs held by British 0.03%

But the only one for Western Allies held by the Germans he lists are the British, which is at 3.5%. Lemme see if I can dig something up for Americans or French held by Germans.

>At least according to his figures, some 57.5% of Soviets held by Germans in PoW camps died, while about 35.8% of Germans held by Soviets died
False.

No Soviet PoW died. Germans taken prisoner by soviet died in 250%. Stop posting communist propaganda, bro.

(((ferguson)))

But surely that practice was started after WW2 by degenerate Americans, right?

massively false causative to infer that it was because of the captives treatment by their captors and not superior geneology.slav(e)gene

inb4 i get banned by a racial difference apologetist in confirmation of their fragile shittier mindbody excuses

Dumb /pol/fag.

East front/West front correlates with mortality much more highly than Slav/German

ineffectual and war losing, kek at least we were good at bombing cities to the ground, luftwaffe a shit, couldn't even bomb London to the ground

why were the luftwaffe so pleb?

AYOOOO

>the devastation of the Allied bombing campaign

to be fair though the Germans literally only have themselves to blame for that

>broke it out again against the Poles and Dutch

>city surrenders
>lol bomben anyway

Not really. Trenchard had been advocating since the end of WW1 this air based terror bombing as THE way to win wars, and he had a lot of followers in the British high command.

because there was so many less? OOOOOOO

They've actually had and they were complete shit so they used tactical bombers instead.

maybe in Germany they were motivated by rage, but what about in every other place they stopped? Red Army were rapist plunderers in China and European countries before they reached Germany

>I am literally too stupid to understand what "percentage" means.

As a consequence of the allies bombing german supply lines.

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

You can't really blame the Allied bombing for that considering the majority of those deaths happened before the Allied bombing campaign really kicked off.

Yes Dresden was a travesty let's do the math.

500000 civilians killed in air raids.
20 million killed in combat with the Wehrmacht.

So oy vey each Werhmach is worth 40 subhumans then your argument makes sense.

Tell me about the allies bombing of the eastern front in fucking 1941

>It would have been pretty tough to become chancellor of Germany if the officer corps wasn't behind you.
Hitler became chancellor at a time when the army was tiny.

Operation Barbarossa,30 tonnes of confiscated wartime evidence and the deaths of 43 million Slavs all beg to differ.

>they at least had honor and decency and didn't rape and plunder the towns they captured
They certainly have,at least in Belarus,Poland,Ukraine and Russia.

And he only won because the Social Democrats and Communists underestimated the Nazi threat

Wehrmoney dindu nuffin, he was a good boy, he went to sunday school

yeah, shooting highschool kids is just the usual part of the war.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kragujevac_massacre

And milions of dead jews is made up, too!

better question would be at what age do you stop being edgy, you little fag

Because German lives literally don't matter. You think anyone cares how many women the soviets raped or how many shitty people died in the rubbles of dresden? No, nobody cares about the barbaric subhumans that are the Germans. Even if the entire population of Germany was whipped out it wouldn't be as bad as hurting a single Englishman or Russian.