Discord Code: 0u0H6He7d5af9WO9

Other urls found in this thread:

syldra.net/yesterday/index.html
i43.tinypic.com/4h8ig0.png
imgur.com/jRcH4uw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember, digimon are for lewds.

Sick gomamon picture dude

Are the fishes in that attack also digimon?
Where do they come from?
Where do they go?

nobody knows

Man watching whats happening to megaman makes me nervous, luckily digimon is a series that has already have several "reboots" so we should be fine

Reminds me of the backlash Tri's first key art got when it was released.

Yeah but tri is just a set of movies and not the face of the entire series going forward.

They are alive for a the sake of the attack. Go back into being data after the attack.

What happened with that? I was out of Digimon for a few years so I missed it.

The faces of the characters look flat and have sameface syndrome in the first images we got.
I think they still dont look too good

The image in question.

Jesus christ, you made me google it and megaman looks like an ayyy lmao and not in the good sense. Capcom really should've just let megaman die instead of continue kicking the corpse with shit like Xover and this cartoon

The same face is strong. Takeru and Yamato suffer from it the most in the movies.

Well they are brothers so it doesnt bother me too much

Toei panders to all forms of nostalgia.

This just makes me realise that I probably wouldn't immediately guess these were Digimon characters unless somebody told me. Maybe I'm just not attached to the characters enough?
I don't know if I'll get blasted for this but upon watching up to Tamers I'm kind of confused about all the praise Adventure gets. Is it just nostalgia? I grew up on the virtual pets and toys but never got too into Adventure because it was so different from what I thought Digimon was.

Adventure was the cornerstone from which many other manga and anime based off part of their rules, so there's that.

I rewatched adventure not long ago and is still the best series in my opinion. The setting is perfect, the werid digital world with its telephone booths and traffic signals, the pacing is very good meeting new digimon all the time and characters powering up in a set order not just in digimon power but also in character growth.
It just keeps getting better and better, first act is pure exploration, the villians are al great, etemon is just funny as hell, myotismon actually attacking women like a vampire, when the kids get separated the plot uses that to explore different facets of their personalities

I rambled but bottom line for me Adventure is fucking awesome and a must watch anime even if you dont like digimon. One of the best shonen ever made.

Pretty much this. The only glaring issue Adventure had was that the enemies kind of came out of nowhere, but then again, the same happens in tamers as well and both are usually considered the top 2 shows despite that

The one part that made me groan was Yamato going all dark and edgy influenced by cherrymon, but hey he is a kid. I think it could have been handled a little better, but compared to the later series is still 10/10 writing.

I'm just not a big fan of how it kind of did away with the virtual pet aspect and focused more on the children than the Digimon. I might be misinterpreting something I read long ago but I feel like there was some interview where somebody said something to the tune of "the Digimon didn't have much personality because the focus was more on the kids" etc etc and that's really disappointing. This is probably just getting into personal opinions territory but that's my biggest complaint about Adventure (and 02 I guess but that's a whole other story). The main focus is the kids and they hardly have any personality outside of really basic character traits like "the main kid", "sporty girl","girly girl", etc and the "character growth" that people praise Adventure for is almost nonexistent. Maybe I'm expecting too much from a kids show, but given the praise it gets and how much it was hyped to me I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and its my favourite after Tamers but I don't know. I guess for me Tamers struck the ideal balance with developing both Digimon and humans as characters, at least with the main 3.

Indeed. The show clearly showed that Yamato was an emotionally unstable kid who REALLY needed to be close to TAkeru to function in a normal level, having him as a moral compass of sorts. Once he was threathened to have the one thing he valued the most in the world taken away from him, he was easily influenced by a talking three into doing something he does on his own anyways, blame and punch the shit out of Taichi.

Im also huge on the vpets and when you think about it adventure introduced the regression to rookie thing that honestly never fit digimon that well, and I do wish the anime was more like the vpets too
Though I disagree that only the kids had personality the digimons are also written very well and in my head a vpet anime would treat the mons as nothing else but classic kaiju

But accepting the changes and taking it for what it is Adventure is fucking fantastic

>the "character growth" that people praise Adventure for is almost nonexistent.

Oh thats also a load of bs, you need to pay attention next time man.

What mons were developed? the only mon I remember changing was renamon, everybody else was the same thing from beginning to end (or we can include guilmon if you considered a newborn digimon stopping being a baby a character development)

Maybe you are mistaking development with plot interaction? Because the tamers digimon were indeed more proactive about what they plot tossed at them than the adventure ones.

>he main focus is the kids and they hardly have any personality outside of really basic character traits like "the main kid", "sporty girl","girly girl", etc and the "character growth" that people praise Adventure for is almost nonexistent.
Did you watch a different show to everyone else?

Yeah the regression thing is my main gripe. I get why it's there, its a lot easier to draw them in their simpler forms frame after frame, and it allows them to pad out episode length with magical girl transformations. It would have been really interesting to see a more v-pet like approach and have them train really hard to evolve. I like how they handled it in v-tamer at least.
I watched Adventure in full like, 2 months ago and my memory might be kind of bad but their "growth" was along the lines of
>You're a selfish brat Mimi
>Okay I guess I won't be as much of a brat
And Yamato and Taichi just punching each other then not punching each other. Sora and Izumi's was pretty good, and Jyou's was more subtle I guess? If anything all their growth was a lot more evident in 02.
I'm genuinely not trying to start an argument but what was their growth then? Is my memory just that bad? I remember Sora and Piyomon interacting and that was really sweet, the bit with Izumi being adopted and that whole plot was nice, the interaction between Jyou and his brother was good and... As I'm typing this I'm realising I actually liked a lot of that and I just have bad memory. Fuck. I guess I just don't care for Taichi and Yamato, and was disappointed with Mimi's development and barely being in 02 since she was always my favourite.
Yeah that's more along the lines of what I was trying to say I think, but also that the main 3 Digimon in tamers have a bit more character to them than the Digimon in Adventure. Guilmon is like a cute puppy, Terriermon is a little shiteater, etc. I think I also just prefer smaller casts in general.

>As I'm typing this I'm realising I actually liked a lot of that and I just have bad memory. Fuck.
That's okay, user. At least you realised.

>and was disappointed with Mimi's development
I thought hers was the best.

Well, they *are* brothers.

I'm a little more concerned that Izzy is wearing a skirt in that image.

Maybe I'm just not remembering it properly then? I remember the Gekkoumon castle thing where she was refusing to face reality and being really selfish, and eventually she came around and sang the song to Tonosamagekkoumon as an apology but I can't for the life of me remember anything else. I didn't remember Sora's whole mother relationship thing until typing it out but I'm still drawing a blank. I think she was less prone to whining or being stubborn after that?

Also just to be fair and not look like I'm sucking Tamer's dick I was kind of annoyed by Ryo Akiyama. I thought it was pretty cool that the strongest tamer was a girl and I'm sure that meant a lot to little girls back then too but then the whole
>Oh she's actually number 2 and he's number 1
And how Ruki started acting weird after he showed up. I'm almost at the end of Tamers and it doesn't seem like they're going to do some stupid romance thing between them but if that happens then Tamers is going to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Are you actually watching tamers for the first time?

Just go finish it
IMO tamer keeps getting worse as it goes on but the ending was nice, I didnt like all the screentime the adults took or the boring desert-like digital world
Still a very good show overall though

I might be remembering wrongly, but wasn't Ryo kinda useless toward the end of the series?

The angle with Sora and her mother was really stupid, I thought. Sora's mom never let her do anything she wanted like play soccer, instead forcing her to help out at home, and apparently this means she loved Sora.

Also, Patamon was a deus ex machina and a dull one at that.

>but I can't for the life of me remember anything else.
The Dark Masters arc when she loses her mind for the second time in the show.

Only this time it's losing her mind because she can't cope with seeing their friends die any longer rather than losing her head due to being given absolute power..

Yeah it's my first time, I saw maybe like 2 random episodes in Japanese as a kid but at that time I was more into neopets probably. I'm a huge Lain fan so I'm probably too biased towards Tamers to be honest. I was getting Lain vibes from the start and just figured out the other day that it was the same guy. There's a lot of explaining done by the adults that I feel like should have been cut back, or handled differently. I guess maybe they felt like they had to since it was sort of a different interpretation of Digimon and kids might get confused? Or maybe Konaka just really likes lengthy technobabble exposition. I will admit that the whole "one kid being responsible for designing all Digimon" thing was kind of lame. I think they just got to into trying to explain every single thing, when not everything needed to be explained.

On a more positive note, I really liked Kenta and and Hirokazu getting their own Digimon, even if it seemed a bit rushed
I'm only on episode 46 right now and he just showed up as Justimon which caused me to groan audibly. He just kind of came out of nowhere, kicked an enemy, and that's it
Sora's growth hit a little close to home as someone with strict and weird parents. I don't agree with her mom's reasoning but it was relatable in a way so I guess that's why I like it.
Yeah I wasn't sure if I was supposed to feel sad when Angemon "died" because he immediately turned into a fucking egg. It was played up like it was supposed to be heartbreaking and dramatic but it did absolutely nothing for me. I don't really care for Angemon in the first place though.

Yeah, I probably am misremembering about Ryo, then. It's been years since I watched Tamers.

Have you seen all of Adventure? Patamon does the same bullshit with Piedmon later on. He doesn't even digivolve to Mega, just Ultimate, and then trounces Piedmon who had been kicking everyone else's asses.

I think it's cool that they took a Wonderswan game character and put him in the anime but everything else I could do without. He just feels sort of out of place I guess?
Yeah I watched it all, I didn't even remember that until now and that... Disappointing to say the least. I'm not surprised I don't remember that at least. I liked Puppetmon at least, he was pretty intimidating in the Japanese version.

Blame Konaka. The director told him at the beginning that Ryo was going to be a part of Tamers and he ignored him and passed Ryo off to the other writes. From there they just left him as Ruki's character development machine.

Anyone here play DMO?

Unfortunate. They should have just given him a short OVA or something based on the events of the game. Speaking of the games, are any of them worth playing? I have the special Digimon Ver. Wonderswan pack coming in the mail and was considering getting a WSC to play some of the others since most of them are affordable. There's fantranslations for some of them right?

Yeah, Konaka simply throwed a tantrum and just plain gave up. He could've used Ryo better if he wanted, even the two tag alongs who came with the power trio to the digital world had more character than him. Konaka should've been the better man and turn lead into gold instead of leaving it as it was

The first Ryo game has an official english translation in the Hong Kong version, and I know the third one has a patch for the menus.

Otherwise I'd consult this syldra.net/yesterday/index.html

Since there is anime talk I want to say that Im enjoying xros wars immensely, just got to the second arc and the only bad thing of the first one (the 2 other kids that do nothing) disappear from the show so this can only get better.

I guess it got criticism because there is no longer classic evolution but the shows handles the new gattai mechanic it very well I think.

Nene a super cute

Every digimon game is worth playing
If you like digimon

>the only bad thing of the first one (the 2 other kids that do nothing) disappear from the show so this can only get better.
Ooh boy, you're in for a treat.

Already heard part 3 is shit, part 2 is treating me well so far.

There's old fashioned evolution there, they simply inverted what 02 did and made fusion the main, most widespread power up method and evolution is the special, unique method

Isnt it great when you get new merch in the mail.
New digi battle cards came today, only 6 cards shy of completing a starter/booster 1 and 2 collection

Now that Ive started to buy (digimon) stuff Ive realize how incredibly expensive it can get. The vpet I really want is $400. But Im gonna get it, eventually. Gives me a goal to works towards.

Which vpet? I actually just got a V3 and V4 in the mail today and I'm really excited to raise and battle them. I only spent $80 total on the both of them which is still a little more than I would like to pay but I can't complain.

Pendulum progress ver 2 armageddon army, the most expensive one happens to have all my favorites mons, like it was made for me.

Also thats pretty cheap, was it on ebay? Do they have their original package?

Its actually still alive? I played a bit when global launched but it just became too reliant on paying money(or fuckloads of bits to payers) to actually do anything.

Still alive yeah.
And still like that, but more.

I'm just waiting till i've stacked enough Welcome Back gifts to log in again for a minute, get Milleniumon if he's there, then get out again.

I feel your pain, I'm a sucker for halloween/spooky stuff so I really want Nightmare Soldiers but every Pendulum goes for ridiculous prices. I don't know how much NS usually goes for though, I never see it. I only ever see Deep Savers which go for $80-100 at the cheapest. If you look around on Yahoo Auctions Japan long enough you can find some good deals. That's how I've got all my Digimon stuff so far at least. I got a grey V1 in package for $38 the other day, cheaper than I got my loose V3 and V4. I also got Ruki's D-Ark for about that much too.
You can use middleman sites like Buyee or others to get stuff from YAJ. I've heard people say there are better options than Buyee but I like that they have YAJ integrated into their site.

> Yahoo Auctions Japan

Yeah Ive just never deal with that, I have no idea how it works and since you need an intermediate it kids of put me off but I should probably look into it

I just want Renamon :(

Man Lilithmon an Honest Lilithmom!

Am I the only one that prefers holydramon to ophanimon

Who would win 100 omnimon vs 50 omnimon zwart/50 omnimon alter-b

>I know you like me, user

No. I prefer pink Falcor over the Transformers reject as well.

Whoever grinded the most.

Nice I thought I was all alone in that

I've heard that there are some issues with Cyber Sleuth's localization, such as the female main character being referred to with male pronouns. Does that happen ALL the time, or just sometimes? And aside from that, what other issues are there? Trying to decide if I want to import it if it's really bad, or just buy it locally if it's just minor issues since it's cheaper.

Unrelated, but how's the DLC? Most Japanese games I buy don't have DLC or don't have DLC that interests me, so I just use an American PSN account, so if I get the Japanese version of Cyber Sleuth I won't be able to use the DLC. And are there any DLC Digimon aside from the pre-order only ones?

>Wanting to be a furry as opposed to fucking an actual woman

Its a lousy translation all around. Made in a rush no doubt.
Or with google translate

There is only one digimon I want to sex up and is neither of those, Id rather have the badass dragon than the boring armor angel with no face.

All pronouns on the japanese game are gender neutral, but the translation defaults it to male 80% of the time.
Sometimes it calls you a girl, usually when someone would call you a child, like on the DLC quests.

Also they sort of fuck up on a lot of other stuff, but it's no big deal really, the main story is mostly intact. Mostly.

No DLC digis other than pre-order, although remember to update your game to ver 1.04 for 7 new digis.
DLC quests are free on PSN.

I'm watching the opening scenes of the English version and listening to the VA. So far, it's nowhere near as bad as you say. Seems pretty accurate actually. Though it's not a good metric for an entire game, which is why I asked.

Oh the new Digimon come from an update. I thought I'd heard of extras, but I didn't see them listed as DLC, so I wasn't sure.

>Id rather have the badass dragon than the boring armor angel with no face.
i43.tinypic.com/4h8ig0.png
In the poignant and immortal words of Chris Jericho, YOU STUPID IDIOT

Still prefer the dragon

Then I repeat, YOU STUPID IDIOT

Mono team battles are hard

Oh my.

What a pretty Rosemon.

Thorns on your dick are bad though.
Now Angewomon.

But user, Rosemon wouldn't wrap your dick in thorns unless you ask for it.

I want to pollinate that flower

We all do user, we all do.

>mfw I've watered that flower

Lucky bastard

link to the full image? For research purposes

imgur.com/jRcH4uw

Thank you, good sir

I think the real strength of Adventure was that it was very relatable to actual kids

like how Yamato and Takeru's parents were divorced and how that affected them
or how Jyou gained confidence and realized he didn't have to follow in his family's footsteps
or how Taichi always acted confident and headstrong but he was actually unsure of himself a lot of the time and afraid he wouldn't be able to protect his sister
also how he learned to not be so stubborn and insensitive to the needs of others

the kids and the digimon help each other but I think they made it a point that the digimon would help the kids more so that it would be more relatable to kids in that way

English server when

Never or soon

>Page 10
Not again.

Remember, this is a SFW video game board and there exists containment boards for faggots like you.

We can still have lewds on here as long as they're not too lewd

This. Besides, it was man's dream since the discovery of the digital world and its ties with the internet to lewd native lifeforms.

This. Just pop on a few Digimon logos and anything's fair game.

Is that a belphemon (female)? Because nipple censorship is for females

>Babamon is an Ancient Digimon that resembles an old woman.

>She is said to be a Rosemon that has aged with modesty (note the Tifaret around her neck)

Would you still bang it?

Too old. It would be like banging a 80 years old. Now if we could use some digital magic to shave a few decades of old away ...

Oh, the free digi from the daily prize in heroes is weabomon.

Neat

Yep.

A /digi/ staple.

The best.

I feel such terrible regret, I spent $20 on Heroes for the rare gacha. Most of these mons are gonna be shit since getting more to limit break is nigh impossible.

I do have 3 Dukemon SP from my draws, which is OK I guess.

Those mons are legitimately great tho

And should be able to carry you for a while.

Unless you want them for PVP I guess