Azhag edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Launch Trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=YSBWwnOHvM8
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer?N=102351&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440002a-flat
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is how oakenhammer looks under VC

Mod to make spell and arty damage scale with unit size when?

Very fun. Lots of the dukedoms like you from the start. And you can either expand East into the Empire, or Crusade North or South.

Quite fun. Also being able to wipe out armies with a straight-up Knight charge is always satisfying.

It's almost irritating how complete they are.

This is karaz kadrin. It doesnt look as good as an orc/dwarf conversion, but it's nothing immersion breaking imo and not that bad

I wonder how well an army of 19 terrorgheists would work.

Especially with a lord on a dragon.

120 Turns First Campaign
As Empire. Normal Battle. Hard Campaign.

>it was then grimgor realised he had made a huge mistake by raiding sylvania

Reminder there is literally no reason to take spears over halberds

>Have to Vassal Karak Azul to prevent Top Knots from stealing spitepeak from straight under my nose

Is there any reason why the diplomacy menu doesn't have a "FUCK OFF" option?

...Anonymous
05/26/16(Thu)18:16:49 No.143460364
#
>since Mannfred actually has some fucking brains in his head.

Mannfred is a hyper-aggressive retard, like an old comic book villain. He ended up accidentally destroying the world by back stabbing ALL his allies, for no reason, when they were trying to stop the end times.

Von Carstein time line goes like this;
Bloodline established by Vlad von carstein who is an actually pretty reasonable guy who rules his land fairly reasonably.
Konrad von Carstein who is a complete loonitic.
Mannfred von Carstein who is a complete cunt.

>mod
>not official patch

they are cheaper and spears with shields are better at tanking missile troops.

Can anybody good with Chaos give me some tips for fighting custom battles?

>CA
>Patch
Maybe a $2 DLC

>tfw dislike winning as VC because it means dragging Mannfred to victory

You mean multiplayer?

this was a fun battle, smoking dwarves out of a city is quite a pain in the ass

How about the whole needing a blacksmith thing?

The other faction's unit requirements aren't this autistic with needing multiple expensive buildings in each province for each high-tier unit you want, right?

Multiplayer and AI, either one

I'm pretty bad and don't know how to battle- having difficulty beating AI 1v1 on normal :(

I have no idea how a unit composition should look like and why

chaos legendary complete

it's bothersome how you're forced to waste a dozen or so turns chasing down a faction's last remnants, especially if they flee by sea

Ironhide or Azhag?

'bout to start an orky game

>one time purchase for an immensely better and iconic unit
ok

Also
>not focusing all your military production in one or two provinces

I have no clue about the state of the balance in multiplayer but IMO you shouldn't overinvest in your lord and get a lot of basic troops

Also monsters seem to be pretty shit

Turn 160 and I haven't fought the greenskins or the vampire cunts for a single time as the Empire. The chaos warriors are ded though.

I'd say Grimgor cause Azhag is useless until he gets the crown of sorcery, which takes quite a while

Do I have to fulfill like getting a source of Iron before I can teleport to a quest? I can't teleport to the quests. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Ironhide.

How respected is Radious in /twg/?

just take Montfort.

you have to select the army and the army can't be doing anything, such as being a garrison.

Wat. Shielded spearmen are so much better than halberds from a cost/effectiveness perspective.

Spec him how?

Just pure melee killer?

After the 10% movement, of course.

he isn;t

>Loving the game
>Chaos shows up
>Game turns to utter shit

Varg is probably the worst. That fucking faction is just shitting stacks out every turn. No clue how it can afford to keep so many fucking armies running plus the 10 hero actions is does per turn.

Nurgle Chosen Black Orc Demigryph Handgunners

Normal spearmen are better than shielded spearmen from a cost/effectiveness standpoint too.

That's what I did, got a ton of basic troops and they turned out to be shitty against Vampires, always running back

Any particular reason why, I'm just trying to gauge opinion

Yeah, might not be the most min/maxing way to do it but from a lore perspective, he's got zero leadership ability, zero tactical or strategic insight beyond a bestial cunning, he's just really, really good at killing stuff so Orcs follow him.

I'm coming for you, norse shitters.

Can Karl Franz on his Griffon beat Kholek in a duel

Grail Reiksguard Handgunner Pegasus-Knights when?

Yeah it would have been nice if I'd gotten to finish uniting the empire and enjoyed it for a few turns before Chaos burned every coastal settlement.

Origins of the vampire counts all start with a guy called Nagash who ruled not!Egypt, the place where the tomb kings would eventually be.

This guy is the mad kind and next level cunt who's obsessed with death to the point he's slaughtering his own people on mass while developing this need sorcery called necromancy. People rebel and kill him only for him to rise from the dead with undead minions.

He's defeat and killed again after a long only to come back again but this time he's trying to be sneaky about it. He develops a new form of undeath where you're a corpse but as long as you devour people you can be young, beautiful and super powerful.
He tempts tons of people in to becoming vampires and the war kicks off again like never before.

Vampires eventually betray Nagash when they find out he's planning to get rid of that after he takes over the world but before he's destroyed and sealed away by his own necromancer minions he curses everyone.
Vampires curses to die in sun light.
The human empire cursed to die and rise again as tomb kings.

ELITE NOBLE MOUNTED NODACHI NINJA ASHIGARU (matchlock infantry)

>turn 121
>3 stacks of skaelings show up in nordland
>have a new army that could use some experience
>get a witch hunter close to look at their armies
>full stacks with 9 chevron units, half of them mounted or poison warhounds
>the other half is chaos trolls

wat. Hold did they get that?

keeps making the game arcady

No they're not, because they don't have shields.

Just a """""""""""""""""balance"""""""""""""""""""""""" mechanic, you have a brain and the AI doesnt :)))))))))))

come on guys, I don't know what this means

Are kill animations gone too or is it just the matched combat?

>total war babies
>brain
lmao

No, there are still kill animations. No blood though so a lot of them look dumb.

enjoy the snow attrition user

The shields are only a 30% missile block chance and melee defense boost.

How do you siege? Men at arms are actual dogshit, and do you have pictures of the siege weapons?

there are way too many humans in the game, maybe they will change the map as more races come in. that or they make the Bretonnia have a larger part of the map.
I'm not too far in but chaos really fucking dies off at turn 100? I cant see that.. I'm just only about to get into vampires area as the empire.
im playing on easy so it might be even worse?
I wonder if people are asking them to buff some things or debuff in their forms or whatever they have.
So is it really easy to mod this game? is this the most mod tools we have ever got since med 2?

>select Azhag.
>Go to quests at top of menu.
>Can only zoom to location.

Idk what I'm doing wrong.

>chaos obliterates Kislev in a matter of turns in the north
>fending off two waaaghs in the south
>relations with VC detoriating

Well fuck

this is the dumbest looking chaos unit in the game

How you fight vamps? They should be easy but they are giving me trouble to the point that it makes more sense to auto calc than to fight them but I know I am spoiling it.

What kind of units can they get from the board game?
any cool ones?
I know the factions dont have ACTUAL dragons yet..
I hope we get them.
does empire still have a lot we dont have yet?

For little increase in recruitment difficulty, cost or upkeep. Which helps them do their job of providing an anvil to kill stuff against.

Halberdiers by comparison, require an extra building, are dramatically more expensive to recruit and upkeep and all it does is slightly boost their offensive stats and make them armor piercing, when it isn't their job to actually kill anything anyway.

If you're relying on your halberdiers to kill stuff, you're doing it wrong.

Most spells seem to be shit.

Which spells are good?

Why are Vampire Counts so much fun to play? The early game sending hordes of Skeletons and Zombies through the meat grinder was enjoyable. Although I think I was taking more losses than necessary.

How should I be using Del bats and Dire Wolves.

What should my army comps be looking like later game, and how should I build Manfred

yeah I fended off their death stacks around 100 turns. At 120-130 turns they were gone. Could just be my game though, I didnt finish them off personally

Flank them and snipe their general with artillery.

What is Provincial instability and how do I fix it?

How to fix Total Warhammer right now.

>Buff Zombies and basic skeleton units just a hint.
>Nerf orc doomstacks
>Wait until atleast 125 turns before Chaos start coming into play, if not 150 turns even.
>Buff vampiric corruption by another extra point per building bonus or somesuch.
>Nerf Spirit Leech by 10-20% damage. As much as I love it, it really is stupidly lethal.

How do the orcs even support having fucking 8-10 fullsized stacks of units? That has to be a fucking disaster to their economy. I can barely field 3 full stacks as the vampire counts right now without making my economy go down the shitter.

Played vampires.
Dark Power just feels like a renamed gold.
Morale doesn't seem changed much from unit moral.
Reanimation is just a reskinned mercenaries.
What am I missing?

Lore of Death, Lore of Metal versus Dorfs and elite Chaos units.

>Play orcs.
>Have -6k income each turn.
>Just sack for 20k every turn and spend the rest.
>DOSH

Haldberds are pretty shit vs standard infantry, better off grabbing swordsmen instead if you're not gonna fight any monsters.

>LMEO how about u cast some dark sorcery on these bullets

You're supposed to loot by playing aggressively, not just rely on regular income

Azhag starts with inferior units too. The boar boyz Grimgor gets and the black orcs make your start way easier.

so how long until the first patch comes out?

I want magic fixed senpai and the luminark

I dunno about how your stacks should be but mine right now have 4 terrorgheists 4 vargheists, 2 varghulf and the rest are grave guard.

I don't even need the grave guard outside of chaos doomstacks.

The game is just point and click with your mouse.

Just beat Empire on Medium.
Rolling for my next play through
1-3 Dwarves
4-6 VC
6-9 Orcs
0 Empire but on Hard mode

WHOS READY FOR LIZARD MEN.
man there are a fuck ton of units we still dont even have for the faction we got now.
And we already (besides empire) have a lot of different stuff for a total war game.

games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer?N=102351&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440002a-flat

here pick a unit you want to see.

Is the Banishment spell not supposed to kill anything?
It only knocks people over.

Also when are they going to make spells actually work on ultra unit sizes

I am surprised that this game didn't need a first week patch to fix performance issues or gameplay issues aside from the hotfix.

>How do the orcs even support having fucking 8-10 fullsized stacks of units? That has to be a fucking disaster to their economy.

I'm supporting 8 stacks right now

Radious is infamous on TWG for being on of the worst mods ever made. There is absolutely no craft put into their work, they literally just mix and match standard assets across all the factions to make retarded new units with names like these:
Every single time he makes one of these mods he does not give a single fuck about sticking to source material or historical authenticity, he just pumps out a shitload of these terribly mixed up units that add nothing to the game.

Are vassals the same as in Attila? Can they declare war on me? Will they start shit with other factions?

Hard to flank them with them overnumbering me, but I think I use too many ranged missile troops (around 4-5 total) and need more heavy cav.

Is the game difficult enough on normal or too easy? I'm getting tired of the doomstacks on hard as I am constantly having to anchor my main armies in a fortress as they can't advance anywhere without some cocksucking nigger of a vampire taking advantage of it Manfred I am going to rape you with a pike

Each regular Orc stack gets a free allied Waaagh stack.

It's fucking hilarious when you get an all Goblin Waaagh though, they are so useless.

Can't wait for all the Chaos/Greenskin/Reddit/Elf genociding tbqh.

God damn I hate fucking dwarfs as orks. I get a lot less casualties auto resolving. I have however found out a nice strategy for them and found goblins aren't useless after all. Well the archers are and stack size should really be 40 units to let you get creative. Always keep 2 units of basic goblins because they're fast enough to catch archers, and goblin wolf riders are fucking based especially if you take 3 wolf riders and 2 spiders. The spiders are there to do 2 things, keep moral in check and let the wolf riders cycle charge. Ignoring terrain is handy too. The regular spear goblins are there solely for chasing enemies that rout. By keeping two of them together it keeps their moral in check and let's them constantly harass and kill retreating units to prevent them from coming back. They have large enough numbers to tank and hit large numbers of routing enemies. The rest is just heavy unit spam. And seriously, wolf riders knock down and movement speed is based as fuck and they're fast as shit. And ork arty sucks and performs worse than an extra black ork or wolf riders would.

How could Skaven possibly work since they spend majority of the time underworld. Are they just going to play popup heroes? Or is CA going to make another map?

there really is a lot of content for expansions, if they put in the work.

How do I make End times uncrashable. I think it's the models.

Oh, and those ork boar riders suck dick because they are way too fucking slow to be useful.

When are we getting these ladies

>goblin big boss seems to have more movement speed on the map than anything else
>asassination attempts every turn
???
if I move my thane up he dies cuz he has to spend one turn inside of the goblin's moverange and he's batting 1.00 against my thane atm over the course of 30-50 turns.

>He's still playing CoW