What was the turning point for you when you decided to buckle down and really go after what you wanted in terms of...

What was the turning point for you when you decided to buckle down and really go after what you wanted in terms of dream career, starting a business, etc?

For me it was when I worked several shitty jobs in highschool because of my parents and realized that if you don't take your life seriously, you can end up working shit jobs like this FOR EVER. Even into your 30's and 40's.

Made me really reconsider what I wanted from life

played capitalism 2

It was a culmination of chronic failure in almost all facets of my life. Stuck in a dead-end coding contract maintaining a legacy PHP codebase, >tfw no gf (ever) and watching Chad the legal counsel bang Stacy & Courtney from sales within a week, having literally no friends and being reminded about it literally every moment by my neighbour's party noises, and losing the motivation to even cook a decent meal for myself. I hit rock bottom, something inside me snapped, and I realized that my only two options were sudoku or going balls-to-the-wall coked-out entrepreneur mode.

Fuck that bitch is gorgeous

Good.times but a tad glitchy.

When I saw my dad's paycheck in March.

$3300 for one week of work.
He asked me to spot him on groceries more than a dozen times this year and he literally can't replace the tires on his car.

It made me rage like nothing else. I "get by" on $1200 a month, and him floating at the same level as me making 10 times what I do slapped me the fuck out of whatever sleep I was in.

I went to biz immediately aftet and I saw an amazing post along the lines of, "it's much easier to increase your pay by 10 times than by 10%. To increase your pay by 10%, you ask and get declined. You work harder at your job, make him more money, make the company more money, and stress yourself sick to justify another 10%. You ask again, but you are a literally who, so clearly, no. Repeat ad infinium. In order to increase your pay 10 times, you need to change your lifestyle, your view on life, learn more and in your own time, generally and wholely make yourself better. This seems hard, but once you get out of the tub, you realize how cold the water really was."

Getting mad at my dad for cucking himself gave me the road to walk upon, seeing that post gave me las vegas strip-style lights pointing to my betterment.

Thank you random user, you did so much for me, and I wish I could thank you in person.

> on Veeky Forums
> turning point

I don't think so Tim.

Did you help your old man?

Bump

>got shit job cleaning airplanes when I was 16 for minimum wage
>"holy shit this sucks"
>all the other guys there were bitter and sad and hated life
>I figured they were bitter and sad because this job in particular was shit
>a year later got a different job working in a warehouse because of slightly better pay
>all the other guys there were bitter and sad and hated life
>realised that any job that you just "fall into" is most likely going to leave you sad and depressed
>realised that this is what happens when you just let go of the ship wheel and let life take you wherever
>this is what happens when you don't prioritise your own happiness
>this is what happens when you give up
>figured I had better take control and actively steer this motherfucker in the direction I want
>worked my ass off in senior year of high school
>currently studying engineering physics at top university and earning money through software/app development (self taught)
>working towards become a technology entrepreneur and investor

also seeing my parents and grandparents and basically everyone else complain about their jobs but then JUST ACCEPTING THEIR CIRCUMSTANCE AND NOT DOING SHIT TO CHANGE IT as if their current situation is all life has to offer really pissed me off and I swore to myself when I was 18 that I would never ever fall into that trap.

Started a marketing consulting business this year after hating every other job I have ever been in. Working for myself is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
I actually learned about marketing through a link on here to a Local SEO program. Pirated it and learned, started working and failed. Learned some more and now after a month of being in business I am about to make $2,000. Basically a 100% return on the time I spent learning and testing things out. The most I have ever made in a month working a job has been maybe $1,200 and this is something I actually ENJOY and look forward to doing.

I am working on getting myself ranked higher in google SERP for keywords I want to sell services for, so that is my next step to get some business going organically. Right now my efforts have been some craigslist posting and direct emails.

Name of the SEO course?

I have to try to find a way to save myself from the neet/wageslave loop, studied graphic design in high school and now i'm being cucked hard by life

I did, but only 3 times because "oh dude, I'll pay you back" was in it. And yes, he did pay denbts.

I don't understand. Why couldn't your dad afford anything if he made so much money?

More of the darkie qt?

Loser, you posted this on cripplechan too. Stop complaining to strangers about your failure of a life.

Today I'm tired of Vidya and this unfullfilling life. I need more pussy in it.

His wife (my stepmom) copes with being a 36 year old Stacy with 0 friends by running marathons in Europe 8 times a year. He spends $80 a week on smokes and "if they put another tax on cigarettes, I guess I'm going to spend $100 a week on that shit", and he spends however much a year fixing up a decade old $1000 car because "buying a car is for rubes, it just needs to get from point a to point b"

The fact that stepmom is only 15 years older than me and has less to put on a resume than I do says volumes, but it also keeps a slight panic in me to always work towards better.

Bump

Good one! :)

Bump

>Name of the SEO course?
I'm interested in this too.

Junior year in high school and senior year were a huge turning point for me. Pretty popular, no gf though and a nice truck. The summer between those years I went backpacking in the rocky mountains and came back to my truck sold by my mother without my permission. Ever since then ive been driving a prius looking sob. We couldn't afford the old truck and couldn't afford a new one for sure that everyone around was driving, Not to mention I grew up in a single parent household so I heard about us being broke all the time.
>flash-forward to the end of senior year
broke as fuck still beside occasional odd jobs money. I find a job putting up fence posts for a steel company owner. I worked 40 hours a week during school to help pay off the prius. I only made 8 bucks an hour. Really hit it off with the owner. Ive alwsy been interested in business so I ask him if he needed a marketing guy since he runs this thing totally by himself. He said sure and ive been working as a estimator ever since. Its only me and him in the office so I get a good dose of what we do. I make 15$ an hour(more than our welders) and have the freedom of a company credit card and being able to slap whatever commission I want on a project. I didn't go to college like all these other cucks because if you have no work ethic, you cant do anything even with 80,000k of student debt. I drink quite frequently due to all my friends leaving me and only having work but hey, I'm happy. And it's crazy to think I did this when I am only 18.

Hope you're going into stock options lad.

Also hope you get enough sleep too.

Good luck on your ventures otherwise.