/drg/ - Dangan Ronpa General

Last thread hit image limit! Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

>News
DR3 anime to be split into two parts, "Future" and "Despair"
famitsu.com/news/201603/26102228.html

Famitsu scans for upcoming DR3 anime:
i.imgur.com/tJ0SWA6.jpg
i.imgur.com/aW1rhbs.jpg

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE
Dangan Ronpa 3 will be a new anime scheduled for release in 2016.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=R9AQjGxQGdw
DR3 Subbed PV
youtube.com/watch?v=z3imyvTO3JA
Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

DR3 Profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143495291903/mirai-hen-character-profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143594993403/zetsubou-hen-introduction-and-character-profiles

Killer Killer manga revealed to be Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/killer-killer-manga-is-revealed-as-danganronpa-spinoff-in-3rd-chapter/.101865

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
pastebin.com/fX2iAQpP

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1zHbEKKnaEtl58pzSzVZf7bojXuwRQM4csfcOVnq6Tzk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that Yasuhiro is worst boy!

Best boy

Stop being mad that worst boy is dead and Hiro live Ishimaru user kun.

would be better as a girl

You guys are outta your element.
Clearly, the best boy is quite obvious.

Agreed. Fuyu best girl

You're right.

He is.

No! I can never forget his death. It traumatized me to my very core, and he deserved to live. Nobody deserved to die like he did.

>red blood

They literally just explained it. Blood changes color after staying there as long as it has.

Yeah, I don't get why people are perplexed about it honestly.

Blood is always seen as red to the characters. It only looks pink to is because of the psycho pop theme

Yeah that was bullshit. I feel that way in most cases too in DR2. Like they were overly complicated for no real reasons. 2-3 is a good example of that since the motive was utter crap.
2-3 made me somewhat regret 1-3. It seems like they wrote 2's case backward. Like coming from a cool looking murder to the killer ,instead than going from the killer's perspective. Like the case designer wrote them and the author had to fill the backstory of it

Because people want to find something to complain about duh.

JUST FUCK OUR SHIT UP

That reminds me.
Danganronpa 1 is psycho pop.
Super Danganronpa 2 is psycho tropical.
New Danganronpa V3 is psycho cool.
I wonder what other possible psycho themes there could be.

Honestly, I think it would have been better if they tried to explain the pink blood in-universe.

For example, if the characters had their own blood replaced with a synthetic blood alternative, like White Blood from the Metal Gear series,. Except this artificial blood is Pepto-Bismol pink.

It was originally a censorship measure to avoid a CERO Z rating.

失敗した

Yeah I'll agree on that. Most of the writing for the second game's cases were perry much bullshit.

2-3 obviously takes the cake but I'm still butthurt about the 2-2. Literally nothing at that point would make you think Peko did it. I mean the wetsuit was Sonia. Convenient place to wash the blood away aka near a beach or those water bottles.

Nanda ittai???

V4 is Psycho Hot.

Save this post.

Oor it's just blood fitting the psycho pop theme.

I know about that but I could have sworn Kodaka also said that he had the pink blood because of the weird atmosphere of Danganronpa.

Psycho path ?
Nah ,no need for that. Suspension of disbelief is amazing for that. In most films you can see a lot in night or dark scenes ,even though the characters on screen can't. If characters acknowledge pink blood as human blood, you'll acknowledge that as well
>the weird atmosphere of Danganronpa
There is that too. Like the executions are fucking bullshit too ,but it's part of a will to disarm the tensed ,brutal and merciless situation

That's why they kept it, but the early execution for Leon (it's on youtube) uses red blood.

Consider it saved.
Also, about the blood, if you dig inside the games files, especially the first game, you can still find some red blood.

It's okay, Ibukianon, don't beat yourself up over it. She wouldn't blame you.

Psycho Twist.

Now Sakura's outside in the sun too.

>Like the executions are fucking bullshit too ,but it's part of a will to disarm the tensed ,brutal and merciless situation

True I mean look how brutal Distrust was going to be.

The final version of the execution uses red blood too. There's red blood on the baseballs after the execution

There's still red blood present in the game itself. It was on the art of Maizono's finger writing Naegi's name. On the evidence file that she wrote her dying message

And red blood on the baseballs after Leon died.

V5?

Best girl made that scenary look 100 times more divine. Bless you user.

Mukuro's sprites are going to be a pain in the ass to revamp... but I'm getting there, thanks a bunch.

Fair enough. But then again, such an idea COULD work, if justified right.
For example
>Making artificial blood brighter in color than normal blood could make it "pop" more vividly
>keeping track of the party via NANOMACHINES, SON!
>Making the synthetic blood hold some kind of killswitch in case shit got out of hand. Just a couple taps of a keybord, then BAM! FOXDIE (or, should i say, WOLFDIE)

>getting cucked for a chunni nerd and a loser with an antennae on his head

He's alright, willing to die to friends if end up killing someone

Quick! Your allegedly 100% beef hamburger is being abducted! What do you do?

So basically the students are cyborgs?

Question about the mod I'm working on.
I am working on DR1 in Jabberwock Island, so I am replacing all the students with DR1 students, as well as changing the script and voices a bit.

I need to know who I should replace what with, and seeing as there's 16 students in DR2, that means I can change the scenario a bit to make Junko and Mukuro co-exist.

I need your opinions on who you think should replace what student.
So far, I've replaced:
Mahiru Koizumi -> Celestia Ludenberg
Nekomaru Nidai -> Sakura Oogami.
Thanks for your input.

Hey fuck you m8! That cost me 7.50 from my allowance from my mom!

Anyone up for some EpicMafia games in the /drg/ lobby?

Sure.

Look for the lobby called drgmafia.

Hmm you can replace

>Sonia with Sayaka
>Souda with Leon
>Akane with Hina
>Fuyuhiko with Mondo
>Peko with Taka
>Nagito with Togami
>Hajime with Makoto
>Chiaki with Kyoko
>Teruteru with Chihiro

bitchin'

Chihiro should replace Fuyuhiko or Saionji, right? And I think Sonia to Sayaka is a safe bet. Hajime to Naegi of course, and maybe Kazuichi to Leon?

Holy shit, I agree with most of those.
Although, I thought it would be better replacing Hanamura with Hifumi.
But, you forgot to mention Ibuki and Imposter-kun.

Replacing Sonia with Sayaka is the obvious thing.

Along with Hajime with Makoto

Mikan can be replaced with either Mukuro or Junko. Probably the latter. Then Peko can be replaced with Mukuro.

One obvious idea would be to make Monokuma able to function on autopilot, or bring back Enoshima Type AE Copy

There are two games up.

Yeah I couldn't think of any for Ibuki and Twogami that's why I left them aside for now hoping some anons give their opinions on it. I just went and got the obvious ones out the way first.

Join the non passworded one

Which one yall wanna do?
Password for "Bitch Sit Down I have a Gun" is ANARCHY

死にます
私の命を奪ってください
私を殺す気ですか?
殺せ! 殺せ! 俺のすべてを殺せ!!
殺せ殺せ殺せ殺せ殺せ殺せ殺せ
殺せ殺せ殺せ殺せ殺せ殺せ
殺せ殺せ殺せ殺せ殺せ
殺せ殺せ殺せ殺せ
殺せ殺せ殺せ
殺せ殺せ
殺せ
お願いします...

I know. Which is why I must be extra hard on myself. Somebody has to answer for her suffering.

I still think Leon's execution was one of the most terrifying one. Dunno if it's because it's the first , because he was an intended victim at first or it was the most believable execution somehow.
Ah yeah of course. You could always invent HPA to "drug" their students for MAXIMUM ULTIMATE POTENTIAL ,turning their blood pink ,and have a cool scene where Hajime cuts himself and the blood is red (since it's a simulation of before he was turned into Izuru).

Do you want them to be more akin to their personality or to their role in the game design ?
Like Chiaki is some kind of Kyoko sure but leon is closer to Souda than weedman

I only eat chicken burgers when I go to fast food.I'm no nigger

I think Mondo's was more disturbing because it was so weird.

Chicken burgers can be good, but only at places that actually focus on making good chicken burgers. Thank God there is a Chick-Fil-A on my school's campus

I don't mind either as long as it makes sense, for example, Leon fits well with Souda due to design and personality, but Fukawa could also fit Mikan due to their stuttering, but that doesn't matter since I'll change the script.

your mom's a slut

But that's Ishimaru.

Hagakure would sell everyone out for 10 cents. He even does this in the game when he pleads to Junko to save his own hide. Pathetic.

It's not really easy to come up with exact matches from dr1 to sdr2. At this point it's better to switch them because they are similar. Unless you want to write a scenario or something because you have characters doing something they wouldn't do, like Ishimaru killing someone.

I agree with most of these, but I think Celes works better as Mikan, Togami = Twogami is obvious, as well as Chihiro = Chiaki.

That's not a burger, it's a chicken fillet sandwich. Burgers are made with ground meat.

Would /drg/ be up for this one day?

Warning: Autism

docs.google.com/document/d/1zHbEKKnaEtl58pzSzVZf7bojXuwRQM4csfcOVnq6Tzk/

Still delish as fuck tho

>Togami = Twogami is obvious,

No its not.

Swap Togami with Komaeda.

>That cost me 7.50

>your mom's a slut

What the hell do you think you're doing, man? Snap out of it! Rather than living in the past, focus on the present and live your life in a way that would make her happy. Live out your life to the fullest in her stead. She wanted to live her life to the end, without quitting, without giving up, so now it's up to you to do it.

Okay, for now, how does this sound.
Hajime Hinata - Makoto Naegi
Nagito Komaeda - Can't think of anyone, so many Mukuro Iksuaba?
Byakuya Twogami - Byakuya Togami
Gundam Tanaka - Yasuhiro Hagakure
Kazuichi Souda - Leon Kuwata
Teruteru Hanamura - Hifumi Yamada
Nekomaru Nidai - Sakura Togami
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu - Mondo Oowada
Akane Owari - Aoi Asahina
Chiaki Nanami - Kyoko Kirigiri
Sonia Nevermind - Sayaka Maizono
Hiyoko Saionji - Chihiro Fujisaki
Mahiru Koizumi - Celestia Ludenberg
Mikan Tsumiki - Touko Fukawa
Ibuki Mioda - Junko Enoshima
Peko Pekoyama - Kiyotaka Ishimaru
I am open to alternate suggestions.

Why not?

See, this is the problem I was trying to bring up. You can't find exact replicas to change from one cast to the next, even if then fill somewhat of the same role, or they we literally based off of them and expect things to be alright. Togami doesn't have deranged concept of hope or is lucky, or has mental problems. They are going to act completely out of character regardless of what you do, unless you change the story.

Holy shit, I hate autocorrect sometimes.
Anyway, ignore the mistakes.
> many = maybe
> Sakura Togami = Sakura Oogami

>Byakuya Twogami - Byakuya Togami

Switch this out for Komaeda and Togami. It makes more sense structure wise

a jp complaining about autocorrect, this is funny....

Changing the story is not a problem for me, but I'd need a lot of custom assets.
Noted, but what about Mukuro?
Unless I make a joke where Imposter pretends to be someone else.
Imagine a fat Matsuda.

What does any of that have to do with anything? He's changing the dialogue around either way so it doesn't matter.

Make Mukuro Twogami, and make Togami Komaeda.

You could just swap Twogami out with her seeing how both were impostors and all.

Is it possible?

Alright, that makes sense, even more sense considering Ibuki will be replaced by Junko, I could make them interact more. But that would mean Togami would be Naegi's "tour guide" which I find funny.
Yeah, I can do that, and with that, all 16 students are accounted for.
My only problem now is the voice clip during trials.

Her son doesn't even look like her

Oh well, that is a lot of effort you are trying to do. Changing the motives, murders, artwork, executions and story is a lot to do. If you are up to the task, then go for it. You did see some of the rebuttal showdown fan art of the first cast I posted last thread, right?

What exactly does switching both casts going to do? Will they be playing the same roles of their counterpart or will they act as their own character?

Well, I wasn't sure to what extent he was going for here, so my apologies.

We all want to see Togami's Wild Ride, Kuzu.

The bastsrd probably got all his looks from his father, who is probably some drug addict who had a one night stand with Hiroko.

>But that would mean Togami would be Naegi's "tour guide" which I find funny.

He pretty much ran Naegi for his investigation in 1-2 and some of 1-5 and other times so it's not too different.

>My only problem now is the voice clip during trials.

Well damn that would be a bit of a problem unless there's sound files of the DR1 cast somewhere.

Epicmafia.com/game/5129840

1 more spot left lads.

I still believe the therapist is the traitor only because she is an EX therapist. For someone who is meant to have trust, no one would suspect her to actually be a against them. Everything each member of the FF has told her has been added to brew up a heaping pot of despair, and no one knows

Well, essentially, they are all in Jabberwock, they'll be playing similar roles, but if they can't, I will change it to suit them more.
I can give an example if you want.
Of course, spoiler territory.
I can be lazy and make the sound files during trials just grunts and "That's right" noises, or even straight up use the voices from the first game trials, but that wouldn't work, would it?

>Being a cop
>Dying first
I remember why I stopped. Fuck you former Nidai mafia ;_; I know it was you, you traitor

That's too obvious though.

>I can be lazy and make the sound files during trials just grunts and "That's right" noises, or even straight up use the voices from the first game trials, but that wouldn't work, would it?

It's fine really. Just do what you can do and don't stress yourself about it. Whatever works for you. Getting the casts swapped and all that funky stuff is more important right now. Just do whatever works for you Kuzu chan.

>they'll be playing similar roles, but if they can't, I will change it to suit them more.
Well alright then. I still think that trying to box them into the same roles isn't the best choice. It's better for them to act as their own as it's much more interesting that way. I can understand if there is the limitations of what you can do with hacking and whatnot, if that is a problem.

>I can give an example if you want.
I would like to see what you have in mind, if that's alright with you.

>thinking being a cop won't get you backstabbed.

Idiot Solider Girl!

How could you tell!?

Do the words "Sheer dumb luck" remind you of anything you meanie ?

All's fair in my grand design, mate.

That's some nice back stabbing play I love that.

Thanks man.
Yeah, I understand what you mean, I will definitely not restrict them. Or at least, I'll try to.
Anyway, just some examples.
- During the first murder investigation, Koizumi says she can't investigate and stays behind. - I can make it so that Celes will say investigating isn't her thing and that Naegi should go handle everything and she will just stand around.
- Souda literally loving Sonia. - Leon admiring Maizono's singing and voice, debating to tone it down though.
- Komaeda snapping in first trial - Togami becoming slightly antagonistic, similar to DR1, maybe some custom sprite of him looking sinister and smug.
- Mastermind - ???????? To be continued.
- Peko's protective role in Chapter 2 - Mondo killing but Ishimaru tries taking the fall for his bro.
- Ibuki singing - Leon and/or Maizono singing or making music.

The twist is that she is the only ACTUAL member of class 77 to not fall to Junko. In shame of her failure to help her classmates and on top of that P4 MC looking motherfucker's open hatred of SHSL/Ultimate Despair, she keeps her class under wraps. Ryouta is the true name of the imposter, the Ryouta in Future Volume is the traitor, but his talent is true. Remember those short clips when the executed is taken by Monokuma to be executed? She hardly talks namely because Ryouta is around and she knows he's suspicious, but she can't trust herself completely since Junko got to the others under her nose. So she doesn't confront him, only seeing for herself if he is true or not.

Screencap this post if you want, as I won't be watching the anime until after it ends(I watch in bulk).

To the person who killed me, stole my identity, and took my place...

You are doing an AMAZING job at impersonating me, keep it up.

>The twist is that she is the only ACTUAL member of class 77 to not fall to Junko.

That wouldn't be an interesting twist at all. Might as well say she's in class 76.

>Ryouta is the true name of the imposter, the Ryouta in Future Volume is the traitor,

Now this twist I came up with a while back and still think this is the case. I think people are going to fall for Kodaka's trap and think Twogami is just impersonating Ryouta when in reality he really is Ryouta and the Ryouta we see in Future volume is the real imposter. Though in my theory his identity is Komaeda somehow

It sounds a bit standard right now. You have anything in mind with the big bad? Is it still a simulation? Why would they be involved in one? You know, stuff about the gander scheme of things.

I think one thing you can do to mix things up a bit is just keep Hajime as the main character and let him interact with the DR1 cast. Whether Makoto is involved is up to you.

And i'm not sure about just retreading 1-2's murder again, or at least Mondo and Ishimaru's roles will be played out the same way just like that case. I think letting them do something else could prove to be more interesting. Not saying that you could change their dynamic wholesale or anything, but having them do something else would be better than just doing what they already did. It would be more interesting for the writer, and the potential player that plays this mod.

Post nice bears

I never said I thought it was interesting. I just think that theory is the likely case.